Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parker 14:54 - Aug 13 with 40679 viewsstan4england

all over Twitter ... except now rumours of Fulham
Parker on 18:14 - Aug 13 with 3763 viewsstan4england

All this negativity!
1) maybe HR didn't know he was on the market when he bought others who probably didn't set us back much in fees or wages
2) we will have injuries and can't afford a poor run
3) he's 33. I wish I was 33 again!
4) for all we know joey and others are on their way
5) we need a captain badly if hill's not in the team
6) you should read what the spuds fans are saying on twitter - they are not happy!
And 7) ) he'll probably sign for palace!
Parker on 18:18 - Aug 13 with 3742 viewsQPRDave

Parker on 17:44 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

Livermore and Huddlestone to follow no doubt. Maybe Naughton for Left Back? Then Defoe might be attracted because it will be like home away from home for him.

Yeah sounds good!!!!
Parker on 18:19 - Aug 13 with 3721 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Hmmmmm this really could go either way

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Parker on 18:29 - Aug 13 with 3648 viewseghamranger

Granero linked with Real Sociadad.....we do need cover if we get Parker. He is better than Henry.

Midfield would then be Barton, Parker,Faurlin Hoillet

Oneill,Henry,Jenas and swap as cover
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 18:38]
Parker on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 3495 viewsimustbemad

Who will play alongside Parker in CM?
Parker on 19:05 - Aug 13 with 3467 viewsstan4england

Don't panic but the odds are lengthening a little - surely we can't have another hooper! Or are skybet just trying to get some money gambled on Fulham?
Parker on 19:19 - Aug 13 with 3396 viewsLoft1979

? Joey Barton has put Jenas, Park and Mbia to shame already, Adding a healthy Ale, Hoilet plus Parker probably gives us a the best midfield we have had in ages. Last year we had NO midfield. There was no passing whatsoever. Townsend might be an arguable aside, but he is no passer.
Parker on 19:24 - Aug 13 with 3365 viewsingeminate

Parker on 19:19 - Aug 13 by Loft1979

? Joey Barton has put Jenas, Park and Mbia to shame already, Adding a healthy Ale, Hoilet plus Parker probably gives us a the best midfield we have had in ages. Last year we had NO midfield. There was no passing whatsoever. Townsend might be an arguable aside, but he is no passer.

Joey Barton is pretty much incapable of putting anyone to shame, Jesus wept, memories of a goldfish on here.

Re Parker Harry could not make it more clear he is here for one season and will do anything to get us up, I think if we get Parker it increases our chances by a load, flip side our gen transfer strategy Mickey Mouse as always.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Parker on 19:26 - Aug 13 with 3349 viewsDesertBoot

Whatever our fate,,this time next season will be another plethora of "ins" and "outs". Too many 30+ signings again.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Parker on 19:40 - Aug 13 with 3280 viewsGetMeRangers

Parker on 18:14 - Aug 13 by stan4england

All this negativity!
1) maybe HR didn't know he was on the market when he bought others who probably didn't set us back much in fees or wages
2) we will have injuries and can't afford a poor run
3) he's 33. I wish I was 33 again!
4) for all we know joey and others are on their way
5) we need a captain badly if hill's not in the team
6) you should read what the spuds fans are saying on twitter - they are not happy!
And 7) ) he'll probably sign for palace!

cant understand the negativity! I am sure everyone was complaining when Super Ray was signed, but he made Sir Les, without barely breaking a sweat in midfield... he was almost immobile, from my memory but the football brain was mature and calculated. I know I will be shot down for this, but I felt he played some of the best football of his career with us.

Same could be said of Tony Currie. I think I was 13 when he signed and remember the excitement and disbelief that someone of his stature should come to little old QPR.

With age, and the experience of the last two seasons, has come a fair amount of cynicism, but this would be a signing that would thrill me still. The thought of that midfield of Junior, Scotty, Joey and Ale makes up in some large way for losing Adel, and I am not sure there are many teams in this league who would fancy facing that.

Of all the negative things said about HR, he has one good thing going for him. He has a great ability at getting that extra bit out of players who others had given up interest in... hope he is going to do so again
Parker on 20:21 - Aug 13 with 3126 views18StoneOfHoop

Thrilled by this signing too,GMR.
This for me is a coup a bit like Cardiff getting hold of Premiership class Bellamy a couple of seasons back.
I like the balanced look of a Hoilett Parker Faurlin & Barton midfield with O'Neill and Henry as CM/holding squad replacements.
Harry is doing some amazing wheeler/dea..ahem.. transfer business.
66 years old with a history of heart problems?.. Bloody hull - apologies North,gratuitous - he's going for it!

Can see why many R's are concerned & wary at the age of some of the signings and the possibility of the disasterous willy nilly more blood repetition of past transfer windows. But for me,he's doing far more considered, squad and position balanced,righteous deals including clear-outs than Warnock or Hughes ever did.
If we seal the deals for Parker,Baird and Zapata,surely he'll go the whole hog -in for a penny in for a pound - and add a left and centre back also, as well as Assaidi or Townshend on the wing too - by the end of the deadline?

Spend and spend, will we ever learn?
(No wonder the Burnley owner is envious and angry.With the parachutes as well as the owner's millions the playing field is as level as Yeovil's old pitch.)
Well it seems no in short and even if Tony is worth far less than the Cardiff owner,don't forget TF's Malaysian backers seem pretty wedged up 'n' all and there remains Lakshmi Mittal's massive weight of wonga in the background too.

Oh and GMR, far from shooting you down,I've argued in the past with C**tski fans that the older,more experienced Ray Wilkins played better,more effective football in his 155 appearance 1989-94 Loftus Road spell in a tasty R's side than he did with a fuller head of hair in his 1973-79 179 apps in a poor CareFreeCount side. I really can see Scotty being a more energetic,tackling play-making Super Ray and running things.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 20:37]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Parker on 20:30 - Aug 13 with 3084 viewsstan4england

'close to signing' all over Twittersphere ... just like Hooper

could be a conspiracy by Harry to get his mate a good deal at a PL club ??
Parker on 20:47 - Aug 13 with 3000 viewsdolcelatte

Some of our fans really do just like moaning for the sake of it. Past it blah blah Harry this Harry that. Jeez someone is actually trying to turn us round and not line his pockets like WatfordR & co would have us believe. Let's at least give him till January and judge then.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 21:29]

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Parker on 20:57 - Aug 13 with 2961 viewsGetMeRangers

Parker on 20:21 - Aug 13 by 18StoneOfHoop

Thrilled by this signing too,GMR.
This for me is a coup a bit like Cardiff getting hold of Premiership class Bellamy a couple of seasons back.
I like the balanced look of a Hoilett Parker Faurlin & Barton midfield with O'Neill and Henry as CM/holding squad replacements.
Harry is doing some amazing wheeler/dea..ahem.. transfer business.
66 years old with a history of heart problems?.. Bloody hull - apologies North,gratuitous - he's going for it!

Can see why many R's are concerned & wary at the age of some of the signings and the possibility of the disasterous willy nilly more blood repetition of past transfer windows. But for me,he's doing far more considered, squad and position balanced,righteous deals including clear-outs than Warnock or Hughes ever did.
If we seal the deals for Parker,Baird and Zapata,surely he'll go the whole hog -in for a penny in for a pound - and add a left and centre back also, as well as Assaidi or Townshend on the wing too - by the end of the deadline?

Spend and spend, will we ever learn?
(No wonder the Burnley owner is envious and angry.With the parachutes as well as the owner's millions the playing field is as level as Yeovil's old pitch.)
Well it seems no in short and even if Tony is worth far less than the Cardiff owner,don't forget TF's Malaysian backers seem pretty wedged up 'n' all and there remains Lakshmi Mittal's massive weight of wonga in the background too.

Oh and GMR, far from shooting you down,I've argued in the past with C**tski fans that the older,more experienced Ray Wilkins played better,more effective football in his 155 appearance 1989-94 Loftus Road spell in a tasty R's side than he did with a fuller head of hair in his 1973-79 179 apps in a poor CareFreeCount side. I really can see Scotty being a more energetic,tackling play-making Super Ray and running things.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 20:37]

"But for me,he's doing far more considered, squad and position balanced,righteous deals including clear-outs than Warnock or Hughes ever did."

Glad I am not alone in this thought. I would go as far as to say that I fully expecting the last minute shenanigans that 'arry always got up to at Spuds. When he started making his intent clear, by openly criticising TF et al, I thought it was because he wanted out. Despite the slight question mark over Henry, it would appear that HR has had some sort of a plan all along and that he has been backed.

Although Clive always says it is "the hope that kills", for me it is the hope that inspires. At the back of your mind you know it is never going to quite work, but it feels three times as good when do go right. Last season seems but a dim and distant memory. Relegation may well turn out to have been a very good thing and if I had been offered that halfway through the season, with the promise of winning at Scumbridge, then I would have taken that as a a Xmas present!

Looking forward to an entertaining season on the pitch and off it... and who knows, 'arry may think this is also he last chance to try and win a cup too.
Parker on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 2948 viewsAntti_Heinola

Parker on 19:40 - Aug 13 by GetMeRangers

cant understand the negativity! I am sure everyone was complaining when Super Ray was signed, but he made Sir Les, without barely breaking a sweat in midfield... he was almost immobile, from my memory but the football brain was mature and calculated. I know I will be shot down for this, but I felt he played some of the best football of his career with us.

Same could be said of Tony Currie. I think I was 13 when he signed and remember the excitement and disbelief that someone of his stature should come to little old QPR.

With age, and the experience of the last two seasons, has come a fair amount of cynicism, but this would be a signing that would thrill me still. The thought of that midfield of Junior, Scotty, Joey and Ale makes up in some large way for losing Adel, and I am not sure there are many teams in this league who would fancy facing that.

Of all the negative things said about HR, he has one good thing going for him. He has a great ability at getting that extra bit out of players who others had given up interest in... hope he is going to do so again

Oh God, you're not reading what people are saying!
Ray was a great signing. But look at the rest of the squad at the time - young fast wingers, a couple of willing workers who could play next to him. A mixture of youth and experience at the back. Ray was a gamble worth taking and Parker might be the same - but not when you've already bought three new CMs over 30 in the last 6 months. It's yet more short termism. Parker's ability is completely irrelevant - divorce him from the argument and start looking at the bigger picture! Everyone crucified Hughes for signing older players no one else really wanted - Austin and perhaps Simpson apart, how have things changed?
These signings ensure one thing - whatever happens this season, we'll need to buy heavily again next summer.

Bare bones.

Parker on 21:12 - Aug 13 with 2894 viewsbishom

QPR and Harry have been working on this transfer for over a month and a half. Long before we signed Karl Henry. Scott Parker hasn't just come on the market.
For all that has come out today I would say that the deal was as good as done and dusted.

Bishom

Parker on 21:16 - Aug 13 with 2877 viewsstan4england

Lots of bets going on Parker to Fulham - odds shortening very fast to evens
Parker on 21:21 - Aug 13 with 2845 viewsMatch82

Parker on 21:16 - Aug 13 by stan4england

If we've learnt anything over the past couple of weeks it's that Fulham's transfer policy on midfielders is just to go to see what QPR have available for loan/purchase.

So in fairness, perhaps they're just trying to shortcut the process...
Parker on 21:24 - Aug 13 with 2829 viewsGetMeRangers

Parker on 20:59 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Oh God, you're not reading what people are saying!
Ray was a great signing. But look at the rest of the squad at the time - young fast wingers, a couple of willing workers who could play next to him. A mixture of youth and experience at the back. Ray was a gamble worth taking and Parker might be the same - but not when you've already bought three new CMs over 30 in the last 6 months. It's yet more short termism. Parker's ability is completely irrelevant - divorce him from the argument and start looking at the bigger picture! Everyone crucified Hughes for signing older players no one else really wanted - Austin and perhaps Simpson apart, how have things changed?
These signings ensure one thing - whatever happens this season, we'll need to buy heavily again next summer.

Dont worry, it was only my opinion. I personally do think that HR is trying to get out of this division asap and experience and maturity for a long campaign are important. If we do go up, there is a chance that Remy might be back, but at least as a prem club you can sell the dream again and perhaps then bring in more youth.

Anyway, I am Mr Gullible. When we were making all those signings under Hughes, I was excited by some of them too! I suppose if it was just winning things and certainty I wanted from a football club, then I could support one of the big guns, but just cant quite see the appeal. When you support those clubs, you expect the Adels, Super Rays, Tony Curries, Sir Les etc of the world and a season is a catastrophe if you dont win at least one thing. Yet, as an R's fans, I can get excited that occasionally we have great talent that adorns the colours of MY team, MY Superhoops.... that finishes top London side, that beats the Scum against all odds, that is never far from the next ridiculous story or rumour

It isnt for the glory, but for a team that I can feel connected to. Whatever this season may bring, I am again feeling that there are players on the pitch that give a toss, that are trying for not just themselves but for my team... and I hope that Scotty Parker will add to that, and perhaps with some entertaining football too.
Parker on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 2818 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Is this going to be like the Hooper deal? Where i go to sleep hoping to see that he has signed tommorow only to wake up and see he is going to Fulham

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Parker on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2765 viewsstan4england

Parker on 21:25 - Aug 13 by RANGERS4EVER

Is this going to be like the Hooper deal? Where i go to sleep hoping to see that he has signed tommorow only to wake up and see he is going to Fulham

Probably!
Parker on 21:43 - Aug 13 with 2709 viewsted_hendrix

Parker on 21:25 - Aug 13 by RANGERS4EVER

Without wanting to sound disrespectful, do what I do and ignore half the rumoured bolox written on here until any signing has officially been announced by the club.
Might sound a bit callous but that's how it is.
I'm just looking forward to the Ipswich game and not looking forward to the transfer deadline day.
Apparently we have been linked with Crouch and Defoe, Jesus wept doesn't anybody wonder where the bloody money's coming from to pay for all of this shit? I shudder to think what our weekly wage bill is.
We've thrown enough good money on bad as It is, not saying that Parker would be a bad signing but, he wont be cheap that much I do know.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Parker on 21:45 - Aug 13 with 2694 viewsGetMeRangers

Parker on 21:16 - Aug 13 by stan4england

I never look at odds, but just been on oddschecker. Ridiculous QPR bets too. SWP club after transfer window closes... 'Pool favs at 5-1 what a joke (ok, they are joint favs too...snojoke at 5-1). It is as likely that JB will be at Everton, as Crouch will be at QPR... evens. If you believe the betting book, then Shay Givens has a good chance of being here before the window closes 2-1

As someone explained the other day... small market and a little money can move it very quickly
Parker on 22:27 - Aug 13 with 2505 viewsstan4england

maybe I'll pop a few bob on us then
Parker on 23:30 - Aug 13 with 2337 viewsHollowayRanger

if he signs for QPR great

if not so what

barton faurlin hoillett swp jenus granero mbia we got plenty of options

£2 million is fare plus a promotion bouns anything more than that is over priced for a 32 year old

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024