Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parker 14:54 - Aug 13 with 40675 viewsstan4england

all over Twitter ... except now rumours of Fulham
Parker on 16:38 - Aug 13 with 2661 viewsJamie

Parker on 16:35 - Aug 13 by JonDoeman

Zapata ?

Harry said the other day he'd only seen a video of Zapata.
Parker on 16:38 - Aug 13 with 2658 viewsadhoc_qpr

Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

Harry seems to think all his ex-players are the best option. He's short-termist and clearly can't be arsed with this scouting lark

Harry's made no bones about his only being in it for one crack at promotion (and restoring his reputation)

So why would he bother about youth, scouting or resale value to be fair?

Given how the board have now submitted completely to Harry's transfer policy - you have to wonder how much Wayne Bridge was asking for in wages for them to baulk at it!?
Parker on 16:44 - Aug 13 with 2618 viewsQPRDave

Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

Harry seems to think all his ex-players are the best option. He's short-termist and clearly can't be arsed with this scouting lark

Well lets see how he gets on
Parker on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 2589 viewsQPRDave

Parker on 16:38 - Aug 13 by Jamie

No he was confused he mean't Zorro!
Parker on 16:47 - Aug 13 with 2570 viewsJonDoeman

Not an "ex player ", not "short termist" , and didn't fit his anti 'arry sentiments!

It Is What It Is !!

Parker on 16:51 - Aug 13 with 2543 viewsAntti_Heinola

Parker on 16:07 - Aug 13 by Northernr

A random collection of thoughts:

+ England international midfielder, playing regularly for one of the best teams in the premier League last season, dropping down to play in the Championship. Any other team in the league would be bloody thrilled.

- Yet again we're spending big money on a transfer (£3.5m is very big money in this league) and on wages for a player who has zero sell on value.

- Looked like his legs had gone a bit last season. As we saw with park, it's dangerous assuming that just because a player can't cut it at the very highest level any more doesn't mean he'll still be any good for a team lower down the level. Often when you take them away from the world class players they were previously playing with and stick them in a mediocre team a whole load of new problems suddenly come to light.

+ Better than almost all of our current central midfield options.

+ Great pro, leader, captain material, dressing room, right sort etc etc

- Look to be making the same Rob Green/Julio Cesar mistake here to me. We sign Karl Henry, but then somebody better becomes available so we sign them as well, replacing a player that only arrived a couple of weeks ago.

- Or we're replacing Ale Faurlin.

Agree with this, Norf.
But the most pertinent point is the one you've made before and I agree with.
What exactly have we learnt from the last 4 transfer windows? We said that we should stop buying so many players, start buying younger ones, stop looking at the now, start planning further into the future. Continuity. Buying players of this age does not bring continuity, it inhibits it. I'm all for having one or two players like this - all teams need them. But if we get Parker, Redknapp will have bought FOUR central midfielders over 30 since January! FOUR!

OK, best case scenario: we go up. Let's say Barton, Mbia and Granero have left. Henry is not good enough for this division, let alone the Prem. O'Neil is clearly not good enough for the Prem. Parker will be 33. Jenas is not good enough. So suddenly we're buying another new midfield AGAIN. Even if we stay down we'll have to buy again.

I like Scotty Parker, he'll probably be fine. But if we're getting him why did we sign O'Neil? If we were getting O'Neil, why sign Henry? If two of these were 22 year olds and two were 31 years olds it would make more sense. But they're not.

No one can tell me that this summer's dealing aren't just as scattergun and scatter-brained as last summer's, or the summer before. We keep saying we've learnt, but have we? I can't see it - and even if we go up, I don't think it justifies it - I know that sounds weird, but I think we'll just be in the same position we were last year and the year before - desperately buying, desperately playing catch up, desperate for MORE BLOOD.

Bare bones.

Parker on 16:51 - Aug 13 with 2542 viewsLoft1979

Scotty Parker, Joey Barton, Rob Green, Henry, O'Neill and Dunne: Thats quite a core.
3 years ago we got Warnock, then Derry and Clint to do EXACTLY the same thing....inject senior leadership into a miserable team. The same rhetoric was said then too..old players cant run...etc

Parker can play 25 games and STILL be team MVP. If TF is spending I hope he keeps Mbia, who is younger stronger and likely to be the sort who needs this type of example and leadership. I think Ale and Scotty have got to be the first choice in the middle, with Henry as a sub (taking Derry's spot). JB has got to be thrilled. I cant see him leaving knowing he lines up beside Scott Parker. Same for the rest of the team. This would send quakes through the team and give a huge lift to spirits.
Parker on 16:57 - Aug 13 with 2491 viewsdaveB

Thats what his scouts are for to look at the bloke. No matter who redknapp signs be he a proven goalscorer in this league, an england international or a bloke from Columbia you'll find a fault with it
Login to get fewer ads

Parker on 17:01 - Aug 13 with 2456 viewsdaveB

I think O'neil is more of a right sided player than central midfield. I'd like to have seen us go for younger players but if the plan is to go straight up we may as well sign players who do a job now. Let Leeds give the likes of Luke Murphy a years experience at this level with the ups and downs of a young player then we can buy him in the summer if he is any good.

I'm not sure there is a right way to do things anymore, clubs who build teams with exciting young players just get them stolen by bigger clubs within a year and they are back to square one.
Parker on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 2446 viewsJamie

Parker on 16:57 - Aug 13 by daveB

Thats what his scouts are for to look at the bloke. No matter who redknapp signs be he a proven goalscorer in this league, an england international or a bloke from Columbia you'll find a fault with it

Lol.

Merely a reply to the suggestion that we were out scouting the Argentine leagues, as opposed to looking at videotape of a player West Ham decided against.
Parker on 17:05 - Aug 13 with 2433 viewsNov77

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2391424/Scott-Parker-sign-QPR.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Parker on 17:06 - Aug 13 with 2414 viewsMedwayR

I'll reserve judgement until he's played a number of games for us, or not if injuries keep him out!! £2m isn't a bad price, £3.5m is an ok at best price. Whether it's a financially sensible decision will depend on wages & contract length.

I don't think this signing will have any impact on Barton staying/leaving. He's playing on the right of midfield & in my opinion will be staying.

Fernandes has said several times that Faurlin is staying, Redknapp has played him at every opportunity this season, I think Faurlin is staying. Parker could replace Faurlin but is far more likely to replace Henry. Fernandes is a big fan of Parker, and Faurlin, the two of them in CM would make him very happy. Another bonus is that Faurlin could learn from Parker.

The layering of new signings (O'Neil, Henry etc) isn't a big concern as they are on fairly short-term deals, won't be on big wages & will not have attitude problems. Plus if Mbia & Granero leave we'll no longer be overloaded with midfielders.

I agree with those wanting 'arry to keep schtum until we actually sign them, but it's not going to happen. He just can't help himself, can you imagine it; "sorry lads, I can't comment on the players we're about to sign"

Poll: Who’s better?

Parker on 17:24 - Aug 13 with 2303 viewsBklynRanger

If anything Faurlin's position in the squad may be strengthened if we manage to sign Zapata.

He could do a lot to help Zapata's transition on and off the field.
Parker on 17:33 - Aug 13 with 2260 viewsbaz_qpr

Not convinced about this one at all in an area we dont need to strengthen, I very much fear a Park mark 2.

Seems to me to be repeating the mistakes of last year, of buying a name rather than a player to do a specific job in a specific position.

Re Mbia, here's a crazy thought, we bought him as centre back where he had been Marseille's player of the year, how about we play him there
Parker on 17:35 - Aug 13 with 2255 viewsDylanP

Parker on 17:05 - Aug 13 by Nov77

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2391424/Scott-Parker-sign-QPR.

That article says:

"The ex-West Ham man will become Redknapp's sixth signing of the summer and joins seven other England internationals"

Who are the 7 England internationals?
Green
Barton
SWP
Jenas
AJ
Zamora

Who am I missing? Impressive that we have 7 England internationals. Its a shame most of them are crocked.

Scotty Parker would be a major coup. A couple of years back, everyone would have been delighted. Unfortunately, as fans we have just had two years of bringin in useless big names. So it isn't surprising tht there is skepticism. Lets hope (if its true) Parker is more like Wilkins/Currie mold and less like Granero/SWP.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Parker on 17:37 - Aug 13 with 2235 viewsqueensparker

I think Barton's definitely going to leave (along with M'Bia and Granero), so would be happy with this...

A slightly foreboding last line in that Daily Mail link though:

"Premier League new-boys Crystal Palace made a late enquiry into Parker's availability."
Parker on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 2202 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Scott Parker is not crocked, available for a smallish fee (in today's terms) and not asking for an outrageous wage - why were half the prem not queuing up to buy him?

Sunderland, West Ham, Palace, Hull, Cardiff, Stoke, Fulham, Everton - surely one at least would have shown interest?

So that tells me either people don't think his poor form last season was a blip, we are paying him a fortune or both.
Parker on 17:44 - Aug 13 with 2194 viewsN12Hoop

Livermore and Huddlestone to follow no doubt. Maybe Naughton for Left Back? Then Defoe might be attracted because it will be like home away from home for him.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Parker on 17:54 - Aug 13 with 2133 viewsMedwayR

Parker on 17:35 - Aug 13 by DylanP

That article says:

"The ex-West Ham man will become Redknapp's sixth signing of the summer and joins seven other England internationals"

Who are the 7 England internationals?
Green
Barton
SWP
Jenas
AJ
Zamora

Who am I missing? Impressive that we have 7 England internationals. Its a shame most of them are crocked.

Scotty Parker would be a major coup. A couple of years back, everyone would have been delighted. Unfortunately, as fans we have just had two years of bringin in useless big names. So it isn't surprising tht there is skepticism. Lets hope (if its true) Parker is more like Wilkins/Currie mold and less like Granero/SWP.

It took me a little while but...

Luke Young

Poll: Who’s better?

Parker on 17:55 - Aug 13 with 2124 viewsowza

Oh for god sake I do not want Parker. He is 32 and I jolly well hope he is taking a BIG wage cut. And for over 2 million with only a couple more seasons left in him. Another one of 'Redknapps players' like O'neil.
Parker on 17:58 - Aug 13 with 2094 viewsRanger78

Parker on 16:51 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with this, Norf.
But the most pertinent point is the one you've made before and I agree with.
What exactly have we learnt from the last 4 transfer windows? We said that we should stop buying so many players, start buying younger ones, stop looking at the now, start planning further into the future. Continuity. Buying players of this age does not bring continuity, it inhibits it. I'm all for having one or two players like this - all teams need them. But if we get Parker, Redknapp will have bought FOUR central midfielders over 30 since January! FOUR!

OK, best case scenario: we go up. Let's say Barton, Mbia and Granero have left. Henry is not good enough for this division, let alone the Prem. O'Neil is clearly not good enough for the Prem. Parker will be 33. Jenas is not good enough. So suddenly we're buying another new midfield AGAIN. Even if we stay down we'll have to buy again.

I like Scotty Parker, he'll probably be fine. But if we're getting him why did we sign O'Neil? If we were getting O'Neil, why sign Henry? If two of these were 22 year olds and two were 31 years olds it would make more sense. But they're not.

No one can tell me that this summer's dealing aren't just as scattergun and scatter-brained as last summer's, or the summer before. We keep saying we've learnt, but have we? I can't see it - and even if we go up, I don't think it justifies it - I know that sounds weird, but I think we'll just be in the same position we were last year and the year before - desperately buying, desperately playing catch up, desperate for MORE BLOOD.

Spot on.

This makes no sense. Seems like we've learnt nothing and this certainly gos finest everything were getting told.

If we go up, there appears to be no forward planning.

I like Parker but he is probably past his best, he's going to be on huge wages. Why would anyone sign Henry, O'neil and Parker in the same window??
Parker on 17:59 - Aug 13 with 2093 viewswhittocksRs

It just feels like Groundhog Day.
Parker on 17:59 - Aug 13 with 2092 viewssimmo

Ridiculous signing. Not because he is not good enough, not because he wouldnt be a good asset in the dressing room/off the pitch too, but becuase we have just gone out and signed two other CM's at least one of whom we are about to replace straight away.

Henry is not as good as him, and given the choice a few weeks ago I would have chosen Parker all day long, but now we have signed Henry, and then O'Neil. So lets sleep in the bed we made or we will undo this 'great atmosphere' we are trying to generate with the same mistakes as last year.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Parker on 18:00 - Aug 13 with 2086 viewsTHEBUSH

I think Parker could be the missing link, we have been waiting for, as we are still missing that spark from midfield, lets hope so !!
Parker on 18:07 - Aug 13 with 2043 viewsJigsore

Parker on 15:26 - Aug 13 by JonDoeman

Anyone done the mind blowing gag yet? I like that one

mind-blowing but for all the wrong reasons

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024