Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero the new Joey Barton 14:01 - Dec 11 with 10493 viewsspiritofshittu

If you have the misfortune of following 'el pirata' on twitter, he really bills himself as the artisan and creative tortured soul. He has picked up the mantle that Joey left behind of doing all of his talking on Twitter and absolutely nicht on the football field.

He is going to cost the club a huge amount of money and my abiding memory so far is of a couple of nice Instagrams.

Just not good enough son. At least with joey he left the memory of assaulting aguerro!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:47 - Dec 12 with 1820 viewsAntti_Heinola

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:02 - Dec 12 by klr

I felt a little bit like that until I realised what a C*nt he was / is.

He truly is an awful human being, a real "piece of work" as my Dad describes him.

fine. but hate him for the sh!tty things he's done, not for the things he does to try and broaden his mind is what I'm saying.

Bare bones.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:59 - Dec 12 with 1812 viewsdaveB

blimey didn't take long for Granero to start getting stick, this happens to all forieng players like him who are ball players, they start well hit the wall then either the club gives up on them or they come out of it a far better player
Granero the new Joey Barton on 12:14 - Dec 12 with 1803 viewsWestbourneR

I don't particulalry like Barton but I think the smattering of bad performances and sendings off masked the fact that for 70% of games he was a important player for us. He has a good speed and rythmn to his passing in the middle of the park, he passes forward and he finds feet. He is far better in possession than people give him credit for. He can also tackle, he has bite, which we have badly missed.

He also scored a few keys goals.

I said this at the time and got slammed but I stand by it.

On the downside I think his constant abuse of Adel was not helpful.

However on the intelligence thing...

I had the misfortune to sit in with the home fans for the Arsenal game at the Emirates last season and the 'Nigel & Sue' north London solicitor jcl types you get at that ground were snearing awat at Joey's apparent interest in art and literature. Just because he is scouse he is not allowed to broaden his mind. Yes he might not actually be a genius but he is allowed to interested, good on him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:14 - Dec 12 with 1777 viewsBazWoT

One of the good things about Barton is when he destroyed that kid's life with a cigar at citeh, he was dressed as Jimmy Saville.

Good enough reason to bang him up again I reckon.

Horrible vile scum.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:32 - Dec 12 with 1760 viewsJonDoeman

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:59 - Dec 12 by daveB

blimey didn't take long for Granero to start getting stick, this happens to all forieng players like him who are ball players, they start well hit the wall then either the club gives up on them or they come out of it a far better player

Agree with Dave, I believe it's adapting to our league is the problem rather than attitude. He won't be used to playing so many tough physical matches.
Fiorentina want him supposedly.

It Is What It Is !!

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:34 - Dec 12 with 1759 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:47 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

fine. but hate him for the sh!tty things he's done, not for the things he does to try and broaden his mind is what I'm saying.

What a load of old b ollocks that is, there's about as much chance of Joey Barton sitting down & reading Tolstoy as there is of me joining The Labour Party.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:37 - Dec 12 with 1757 viewsklr

Watch the interview, satire at its best...................

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/14/joey-barton-interview

Absolute nutbag.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:44 - Dec 12 with 1752 viewsNorthernr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:48 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

I won't defend many of Barton's actions, but it is possible to possess intelligence and still do very stupid things or to f**k up your life.
Barton was dragged up, not brought up. As he got older, he started reading, trying to appreciate art, showed an interest in things other than football and popular music, and is sneered at for it. Can't stand that kind of sneering attitude, even if I don't particularly like Barton as a person, I do respect him for at least wanting to improve himself and an interest in learning and broadening his horizon. I think many people would prefer to stick him in a box marked 'thug' and can't accept people are complicated and are full of contradictions.

Unless you're a cynic like me who thinks his sudden interest in books and art coincided with him hiring a PR team to improve his image. All a big front IMO to disguise what an absolute moron the guy is - a front that collapses every three or four months when his vile temper gets the better of him.

As for Granero, I agree with HoopstillIdie. Decent player in poor form in a poor side. Not really sure there's any need for abuse about wages and intelligence when he's not even the top earner and the fact that he can string sentences together in different languages and spends his spare time looking at buildings in Oxford rather than vomitting over the bar in nightclubs is actually a very good thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:47 - Dec 12 with 1746 viewsNorthernr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 12:14 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

I don't particulalry like Barton but I think the smattering of bad performances and sendings off masked the fact that for 70% of games he was a important player for us. He has a good speed and rythmn to his passing in the middle of the park, he passes forward and he finds feet. He is far better in possession than people give him credit for. He can also tackle, he has bite, which we have badly missed.

He also scored a few keys goals.

I said this at the time and got slammed but I stand by it.

On the downside I think his constant abuse of Adel was not helpful.

However on the intelligence thing...

I had the misfortune to sit in with the home fans for the Arsenal game at the Emirates last season and the 'Nigel & Sue' north London solicitor jcl types you get at that ground were snearing awat at Joey's apparent interest in art and literature. Just because he is scouse he is not allowed to broaden his mind. Yes he might not actually be a genius but he is allowed to interested, good on him.

I'll disagree with that all over again. He was very poor in at least 70% of our games last season, his pass completion rate was abysmal so I don't know where this idea that he passes forward and finds feet comes from, or that he's better in possession that we give him credit for - he wasn't last year, the numbers proved it.

And as for "key" goals he actually scored three goals - one against Norwich in a game we lost after he got himself sent off, and two in 3-0 wins against Wolves and Swansea - so I think you're stretching the definition of "a few key goals" with that one.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:50 - Dec 12 with 1743 viewsWestbourneR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:44 - Dec 12 by Northernr

Unless you're a cynic like me who thinks his sudden interest in books and art coincided with him hiring a PR team to improve his image. All a big front IMO to disguise what an absolute moron the guy is - a front that collapses every three or four months when his vile temper gets the better of him.

As for Granero, I agree with HoopstillIdie. Decent player in poor form in a poor side. Not really sure there's any need for abuse about wages and intelligence when he's not even the top earner and the fact that he can string sentences together in different languages and spends his spare time looking at buildings in Oxford rather than vomitting over the bar in nightclubs is actually a very good thing.

Northern your take on Barton is probably spot on. It's pathetic how the media have lapped up his new interest in philsophy etc.

Did annoy me at Arsenal though how people sneered at him - like he isn't allowed to try and educate himself.

Re; Granero - does nobody see it as I see it that he takes too long on the ball sometime and needs to up the tempo of his decision making, and take fewer touches?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:51 - Dec 12 with 1739 viewsklr

There's a lot of self educated, working class intellectuals out there.

Joey Barton isnt one of them, he's a C*nt.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:52 - Dec 12 with 1739 viewsNorthernr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:50 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

Northern your take on Barton is probably spot on. It's pathetic how the media have lapped up his new interest in philsophy etc.

Did annoy me at Arsenal though how people sneered at him - like he isn't allowed to try and educate himself.

Re; Granero - does nobody see it as I see it that he takes too long on the ball sometime and needs to up the tempo of his decision making, and take fewer touches?

A problem a lot of the foreign players find with the pace of English football. He does seem to get caught on the ball a lot.

If Barton is genuinely interested in books and art then good on him, but I think there's a heavy whiff of PR about it all. He employs a full time PR, or certainly did when he was with us.

I still disagree with you that he was decent for us though
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:57 - Dec 12 with 1734 viewsklr

Joey Barton's "contribution" whilst captain of QPR in my mind; 5 or 6 good games for us, I'm talking good games, not man of the match either.

He's not even that good a football player, when you add in his media persona / personality, you have an intensely dislikable individual IMO.

My Dad got it right the other day when he called him "a real piece of work"
Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:02 - Dec 12 with 1728 viewsAntti_Heinola

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:52 - Dec 12 by Northernr

A problem a lot of the foreign players find with the pace of English football. He does seem to get caught on the ball a lot.

If Barton is genuinely interested in books and art then good on him, but I think there's a heavy whiff of PR about it all. He employs a full time PR, or certainly did when he was with us.

Well he did a show where he went round a gallery talking about various artworks, and while his lack of formal education was obvious, it was also clear that he had some very interesting insights. Whatever, it doesn't really matter one way or the other - none of us know him or have spent any time with him, so it's all guesswork. I find it hard to believe a PR company came along and went 'oh, let's pretend you read about philosophy and love art to throw everyone off the scent of your nastiness' - there has to be at least a small amount of truth in it. And he speaks far more interestingly and eloquently than most footballers.
As for the post above, maybe if the young kid who Barton stubbed his cigarette out on (horrific act of course) would have been ok if he hadn't been setting fire to Barton's shirt at the time?

Bare bones.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:04 - Dec 12 with 1723 viewsWestbourneR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:52 - Dec 12 by Northernr

Haha. I can't expect too much.

May well have the rose tinted spectcles on there. When he isn't being a horrible useless twt he is my kind of player. Neat and tidy and keeps the tempo up.

Could never pretend he was ever stellar for us though.

He was good away vs Wolves though wasn't he? That's one game. Good vs Swansea when we won 3-0 too.

BTW Marseilles were terrible at the weekend and got thumped at home by the mighty Lorient. Joey played. He was rubbish.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:05 - Dec 12 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:04 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

Haha. I can't expect too much.

May well have the rose tinted spectcles on there. When he isn't being a horrible useless twt he is my kind of player. Neat and tidy and keeps the tempo up.

Could never pretend he was ever stellar for us though.

He was good away vs Wolves though wasn't he? That's one game. Good vs Swansea when we won 3-0 too.

BTW Marseilles were terrible at the weekend and got thumped at home by the mighty Lorient. Joey played. He was rubbish.

They were all good at Wolves. Fck I thought we'd arrived that day

Match report intro and player ratings

The pre-match previews on LFW included highlights of a 4-2 win here in 1973 and while the current team has a long way to go to match the stature of that Rangers team there was certainly plenty in this performance and result for the likes of Stan Bowles, Dave Thomas and Gerry Francis to admire. QPR were lightning quick, slick with their passes, bright, inventive and ambitious throughout. They never once looked like losing the game, and restricted Wolves to two serious shots on target in the entire match which both came in the dying embers of the contest when the away win was assured.
Adel Taarabt was said to be the modern day Stan Bowles when he ripped the Championship apart with 19 goals and 23 assists last season but QPR are no longer so strongly reliant on the Moroccan for inspiration and attacking invention. Here the main danger often came from a combination of Shaun Wright Phillips, Alejandro Faurlin and Armand Traore — two of them new and impressing, one of them well known to the Rangers fans but currently in the form of his QPR career.
As away performances and results go this was as near to perfect as it’s possible to get.
QPR: Kenny 7, Young 7, Gabbidon 7 (Hall 83, -), Ferdinand 8, Traore 8, Derry 7, Faurlin 8, Barton 8, Wright-Phillips 8, Taarabt 6 (Smith 75, 6), Bothroyd 6 (Campbell 73, 7),
Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 12 with 1717 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:02 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

Well he did a show where he went round a gallery talking about various artworks, and while his lack of formal education was obvious, it was also clear that he had some very interesting insights. Whatever, it doesn't really matter one way or the other - none of us know him or have spent any time with him, so it's all guesswork. I find it hard to believe a PR company came along and went 'oh, let's pretend you read about philosophy and love art to throw everyone off the scent of your nastiness' - there has to be at least a small amount of truth in it. And he speaks far more interestingly and eloquently than most footballers.
As for the post above, maybe if the young kid who Barton stubbed his cigarette out on (horrific act of course) would have been ok if he hadn't been setting fire to Barton's shirt at the time?

"And he speaks far more interestingly and eloquently than most footballers."

He doesnt, he tries to. There's a big difference.

Dont believe that PR bollocks they put out about Barton, because that is exactly what it is at the end of the day, bollocks.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:30 - Dec 12 with 1708 viewsWestbourneR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:05 - Dec 12 by Northernr

They were all good at Wolves. Fck I thought we'd arrived that day

Match report intro and player ratings

The pre-match previews on LFW included highlights of a 4-2 win here in 1973 and while the current team has a long way to go to match the stature of that Rangers team there was certainly plenty in this performance and result for the likes of Stan Bowles, Dave Thomas and Gerry Francis to admire. QPR were lightning quick, slick with their passes, bright, inventive and ambitious throughout. They never once looked like losing the game, and restricted Wolves to two serious shots on target in the entire match which both came in the dying embers of the contest when the away win was assured.
Adel Taarabt was said to be the modern day Stan Bowles when he ripped the Championship apart with 19 goals and 23 assists last season but QPR are no longer so strongly reliant on the Moroccan for inspiration and attacking invention. Here the main danger often came from a combination of Shaun Wright Phillips, Alejandro Faurlin and Armand Traore — two of them new and impressing, one of them well known to the Rangers fans but currently in the form of his QPR career.
As away performances and results go this was as near to perfect as it’s possible to get.
QPR: Kenny 7, Young 7, Gabbidon 7 (Hall 83, -), Ferdinand 8, Traore 8, Derry 7, Faurlin 8, Barton 8, Wright-Phillips 8, Taarabt 6 (Smith 75, 6), Bothroyd 6 (Campbell 73, 7),

Looking at that really does make me wonder how it all went so wrong.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:44 - Dec 12 with 1701 viewsTacticalR

So is he not the messiah?

And wasn't Barton released from a rotting dungeon in the depths of hell, while Granero wafted towards us on a white cloud from sunny Spain with a host of golden angels around him?

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 1693 viewsAntti_Heinola

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 12 by klr

"And he speaks far more interestingly and eloquently than most footballers."

He doesnt, he tries to. There's a big difference.

Dont believe that PR bollocks they put out about Barton, because that is exactly what it is at the end of the day, bollocks.

it's got nothing to do with pr. I've seen him do press conferences and read and watched his interviews. and, at the very least, he is far more interesting than the vast majority of footballers and has a willingness to express an opinion that isn't 'yeah, i was disappointed / i'm over the moon'. whether i agree with him or not is immaterial.

Bare bones.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:00 - Dec 12 with 1690 viewsPinnerPaul

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:06 - Dec 11 by ted_hendrix

I wish some somebody would tell me what has happened to Granero's form.

He was one of a few players who when he started playing for us I thought (excuse my French) "fck me, this bloke can play"

Exactly Ted - and being moved slightly to the right doesn't explain it!
Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:09 - Dec 12 with 1682 viewsTacticalR

Nobody's mentioned it, but I do think that Barton is genuinely attracted to the Nietzschean concept of the Superman, unconstrained by conventional morality, and far above the herd of common humanity. Here are my remarks on his appearance on Open All R's:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I noticed about Barton's tirade against Mike Ashley on Open All R's, was that his indignation at Mike Ashley's behaviour only seemed to extend to himself and his footballing mates.

Barton said:
"In their opinion we were paid workforce. They thought we were Sports Direct and we should do what the subordinates at Sports Direct do, forgetting they were dealing with 20-odd egos, probably 10 self-sufficient men in a position to make a number of different judgements."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8925097/Joey

He's a rebel alright, but a rebel for the rich & talented ("self-sufficient men"). He obviously hates Ashley, who is rich & untalented, but unfortunately richer than the rich & talented Barton, so in a position to employ him. However, Barton demonstrates no sense of indignation that the "subordinates" (i.e. employees) of Sports Direct should be subject to Ashley's whims. So much for our "man of the people".

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:36 - Dec 12 with 1660 viewsBazWoT

Granero scored a far better goal for us than Barton ever did.

Granero wanted to come to us, Barton didn't.

Barton joined us for money and has derided the club and fans since.

Barton was on goals on sunday with Derry, he was funny then embarassing and Derry had to dig him out of a hole. He cannot control his brain or mouth long enough to to keep up the image he attempts to portray.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Granero the new Joey Barton on 18:28 - Dec 12 with 1645 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:54 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

it's got nothing to do with pr. I've seen him do press conferences and read and watched his interviews. and, at the very least, he is far more interesting than the vast majority of footballers and has a willingness to express an opinion that isn't 'yeah, i was disappointed / i'm over the moon'. whether i agree with him or not is immaterial.

That's the whole point, It's got everything to do with PR.

Its why you see him on Football Focus talking about Morrissey whilst not mention one word about QPR, It's why you see him at an Art Gallery being interviewed by some ridiculous creature from the Guardian newspapers art supplement.

These things dont happen because he is an "interesting" & "intelligent" character, they happen because he employs a whole PR operation to make them happen!

Granero the new Joey Barton on 18:51 - Dec 12 with 1128 viewsJamie

Joey Barton. A man so 'intelligent' that he insisted he'd been told to attack half the Man City squad by a teammate. Until the FA pointed out that they took this very seriously. When he admitted he hadn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024