Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero the new Joey Barton 14:01 - Dec 11 with 10492 viewsspiritofshittu

If you have the misfortune of following 'el pirata' on twitter, he really bills himself as the artisan and creative tortured soul. He has picked up the mantle that Joey left behind of doing all of his talking on Twitter and absolutely nicht on the football field.

He is going to cost the club a huge amount of money and my abiding memory so far is of a couple of nice Instagrams.

Just not good enough son. At least with joey he left the memory of assaulting aguerro!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Granero the new Joey Barton on 19:50 - Dec 11 with 1394 viewsQPR_John

"If you have the misfortune of following 'el pirata' on twitter".... then don't it is not compulsory
Granero the new Joey Barton on 20:03 - Dec 11 with 1382 viewsnoauthority

Played out of position - seemed mythed or perhaps demoralised and confused at that for sure.

Had one poor game. All players do.

Dropped. For Derry!!!

And suddenly the poor bloke has given up, lacks commitment, couldn't cope with a wet night in Wigan or the physicality of the good ol' EPL. Too slow - yep as mentioned the rest of his team ae too busy marking theor defenders to move for the ball.

On Saturday Adel moved from the man he was marking to anticipate the ball coming out of the area, sadly/unfortunately as the ball came out the ball took a deflection (as well as Mackies later deflection from the shot) back towards the player he was marking...Mackie shouts at Adel and suddenly he didn't pick up his man. Tosh *anticipation* is a part of the game, just poor luck for both deflections on this occassion.

English football is just so myopic it's unreal.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 20:07 - Dec 11 with 1378 viewsTGRRRSSS

Depends what you call intelligent if you mean just in terms of going to UNiversity than many don't but I doubt as many of them are as thick as many seem to think.
The Guy who has wqritten Secret Footballer (I believe to be Dave Kitson) having seen him on interviews happen to think he's quite intelligent for example.
David James also comes across eloquent and intelligent, Gary Neville also and on it goes.
You maybe right about Barton but I think his is less an intelligence thing and more other factors that affect his behaviour.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:06 - Dec 11 with 1361 viewsted_hendrix

I wish some somebody would tell me what has happened to Granero's form.

He was one of a few players who when he started playing for us I thought (excuse my French) "fck me, this bloke can play"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:10 - Dec 11 with 1354 viewsashward

Does anyone really care if Granero has an IQ of 150 or 50, some of the best footballers clearly couldn't string more than a few words together but did their talking on the pitch. From what I've seen of Granero so far the self proclaimed Pirate has thrown the towel in. His attitude over the last 3 weeks or so has been shocking, hands on hips, strolling around, missing tackles and quite frankly embarrassing himself. Against Villa the game simply passed him by and rightly he was substituted at half time. Derry is not even half as talented yet since he had his chance we've looked more solid just through application, sadly what we've been lacking since the first game of the season. We're going down but I'd rather go down with a fight and some pride, neither of which Granero has shown and you have to question whether he ever will.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:16 - Dec 11 with 1343 views100percent

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:06 - Dec 11 by ted_hendrix

He was one of a few players who when he started playing for us I thought (excuse my French) "fck me, this bloke can play"

There you go again Ted, using those pseudo intellectual french words again.....
Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:20 - Dec 11 with 1336 viewsTacticalR

Maybe he is spending a little too long on the ball. There is more time and space against the sides higher up the league, and we has often played better against them. Perhaps he's struggling in the hectic games against sides lower down the league. He doesn't seem to mind tackling, and even when he had a bad game against Villa he still made a couple of chances for other players.

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:22 - Dec 11 with 1329 viewsnoauthority

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:10 - Dec 11 by ashward

Does anyone really care if Granero has an IQ of 150 or 50, some of the best footballers clearly couldn't string more than a few words together but did their talking on the pitch. From what I've seen of Granero so far the self proclaimed Pirate has thrown the towel in. His attitude over the last 3 weeks or so has been shocking, hands on hips, strolling around, missing tackles and quite frankly embarrassing himself. Against Villa the game simply passed him by and rightly he was substituted at half time. Derry is not even half as talented yet since he had his chance we've looked more solid just through application, sadly what we've been lacking since the first game of the season. We're going down but I'd rather go down with a fight and some pride, neither of which Granero has shown and you have to question whether he ever will.

Yes against Villa he apparently had a poor game and was subbed.

But has he really been strolling round with hands on hips, missing tackles etc?

Certainly he appears demoralised and who can blame him, ALL considered.

As said above - played out of position and looked lost, then a poor game and subbed and then dropped.

And have we really looked more solid with Derry? - caved in as soon as Man Utd picked up their game, looked very poor against Wigan...

Login to get fewer ads

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:22 - Dec 11 with 1324 viewsJamie

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:06 - Dec 11 by ted_hendrix

Having played 15 games now for the club and not one of them in his natural position probably hasn't helped his form or mood.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:31 - Dec 11 with 1313 viewsThGrimRanger

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:10 - Dec 11 by ashward

Well said.

Seems to me that the players brought in by Hughes, with the exception of Nelson and Cesar aren't the kind of people you'd want next to you in the trenches.

I reckon he believed he was assembling a top 8 team in the summer and ability, regardless of character drove these signings.

TheGrimRanger

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:42 - Dec 11 with 1298 viewsTacticalR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 21:22 - Dec 11 by noauthority

Yes against Villa he apparently had a poor game and was subbed.

But has he really been strolling round with hands on hips, missing tackles etc?

Certainly he appears demoralised and who can blame him, ALL considered.

As said above - played out of position and looked lost, then a poor game and subbed and then dropped.

And have we really looked more solid with Derry? - caved in as soon as Man Utd picked up their game, looked very poor against Wigan...

I didn't think Derry did too much wrong against Wigan. I think it was only his second game this season? His passing was a bit negative (he needs another creative midfielder alongside him), but he has a knack of following attacking midfielders into the box to prevent trouble.

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 22:03 - Dec 11 with 1276 viewsklr

If a player came in from Real Madrid where he was loved & respected as a player, then he would be played in his natural position & be afforded the respect befitting a player of this calibre no ?

This is a QPR problem, not an Esteban Granero problem.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 22:16 - Dec 11 with 1273 viewsashward

Sorry, can't be doing with demoralised players, sulking because you're played 'out of position', what is his position? Deal with it. Deal with it behind closed doors. Play football to the best of your ability, with pride, self belief and as a team. All attributes lacking despite a wealth of talent. Otherwise why bother, what's the difference between the attitude of Bosingwa, Ferdinand and anyone else who can't put a proper shift in. That's why we're bottom, sure Hughes put the team together but this is the worst team ever in the PL after 16 games. Look at the players, and Granero has to take a share of his responsibility, and if he is really that intelligent that's what's probably troubling more than anything else.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 01:09 - Dec 12 with 1239 viewsspiritofshittu

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 11 by BazWoT

Granero is studying for a degree, he's an excellent footballer, intelligent and articulate.

Comparing him with Barton is beyond comprehension.

Perhaps Granero should speak Spanish to us with a west London accent, then he'd fit right in!

You can't compare him to Barton, at least Barton contributed.

When the going got tough at least Barton got stuck in.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 01:17 - Dec 12 with 1192 viewsspiritofshittu

Granero the new Joey Barton on 22:03 - Dec 11 by klr

If a player came in from Real Madrid where he was loved & respected as a player, then he would be played in his natural position & be afforded the respect befitting a player of this calibre no ?

This is a QPR problem, not an Esteban Granero problem.

Poor Granero. Pampered poofy footballers of this generation and what's more laughable is the paying punters actually sympathising with him. The boys probably on 40k a week with a relegation get out of jail free clause, where as you muggins's are paying your hard earned wedge to marvel at his short sabbatical. He will gain life experience from his sojourn to west London, gain cultural enlightenment and return to his homeland.

This is el piratas gap year and you're paying for it.

At least with Barton, he left some memories, what will you remember of Granero KLR? Aside from his intelligence? His IQ will not add to our points tally.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 03:53 - Dec 12 with 1179 viewsKernowRanger

Granero the new Joey Barton on 01:09 - Dec 12 by spiritofshittu

Barton contributed absolutely nothing positive for the vast majority of last season, and when the going got tough, he'd either disappear from the game completely, spend his time having a go at Taarabt, or get sent off.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 1136 viewsSomersetHoops

Granero the new Joey Barton on 19:20 - Dec 11 by TGRRRSSS

Cnt if you like but asking you what is it Granero has contributed to QPR over and above Joey Barton???...

What as far as I know Granero hasn't done is more important when comparing him to Barton:-

He hasn't disrupted the team by his bullying presence.

He hasn't acted stupidly, got us down to ten men and thus been instrumental in losing more than one game.

He hasn't abused our manager.

He isn't a thuggish sh1t.

Where Granero is failing as far as I can see is he isn't keen to take tough tackles and gives the ball away too easily when threatened. Faurlin was a bit like that when he first came but adapted to the English game and became one of our best players at retaining the ball. The problem with Granero is we need him ready now and he isn't, so if Faurlin is fit I really can't understand why he isn't playing.

Who's Next?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 1115 viewsisawqpratwcity

Granero the new Joey Barton on 19:46 - Dec 11 by derbyhoop

There have been some intelligent footballers. It's just that they are rare.

Granero comes across as intelligent.
Steve Palmer was the only professional footballer with a degree from Cambridge University.
Liverpool, in the 1970s, played Brian Hall and Steve Heighway, who both held university degrees.
By contrast, Barton is a pseudo intellectual, who acts like he's intelligent while frequently proving the oppsite.
And then you have Beckham, Terry, Rooney who are closer to the norm among pro footballers.

While a degree may indicate a degree (npi) of intelligence, the lack of one is a poor indicator of the opposite. We are talking about an industry that demands huge commitment in the late teens/early twenties. Obviously a degree is going to be exceptional.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:37 - Dec 12 with 1109 viewsNorthernr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 01:09 - Dec 12 by spiritofshittu

The tougher the going got last season the worse Barton was.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:43 - Dec 12 with 1100 viewsRangersw12

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:37 - Dec 12 by Northernr

The tougher the going got last season the worse Barton was.

Come on I hate the fella but his performances in the last few home games were exceptional and he played a part in getting those results

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:48 - Dec 12 with 1096 viewsAntti_Heinola

Granero the new Joey Barton on 19:46 - Dec 11 by derbyhoop

There have been some intelligent footballers. It's just that they are rare.

Granero comes across as intelligent.
Steve Palmer was the only professional footballer with a degree from Cambridge University.
Liverpool, in the 1970s, played Brian Hall and Steve Heighway, who both held university degrees.
By contrast, Barton is a pseudo intellectual, who acts like he's intelligent while frequently proving the oppsite.
And then you have Beckham, Terry, Rooney who are closer to the norm among pro footballers.

I won't defend many of Barton's actions, but it is possible to possess intelligence and still do very stupid things or to f**k up your life.
Barton was dragged up, not brought up. As he got older, he started reading, trying to appreciate art, showed an interest in things other than football and popular music, and is sneered at for it. Can't stand that kind of sneering attitude, even if I don't particularly like Barton as a person, I do respect him for at least wanting to improve himself and an interest in learning and broadening his horizon. I think many people would prefer to stick him in a box marked 'thug' and can't accept people are complicated and are full of contradictions.

Bare bones.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:02 - Dec 12 with 1084 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 10:48 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

I won't defend many of Barton's actions, but it is possible to possess intelligence and still do very stupid things or to f**k up your life.
Barton was dragged up, not brought up. As he got older, he started reading, trying to appreciate art, showed an interest in things other than football and popular music, and is sneered at for it. Can't stand that kind of sneering attitude, even if I don't particularly like Barton as a person, I do respect him for at least wanting to improve himself and an interest in learning and broadening his horizon. I think many people would prefer to stick him in a box marked 'thug' and can't accept people are complicated and are full of contradictions.

I felt a little bit like that until I realised what a C*nt he was / is.

He truly is an awful human being, a real "piece of work" as my Dad describes him.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:02 - Dec 12 with 1085 viewsnoauthority

Granero the new Joey Barton on 01:17 - Dec 12 by spiritofshittu

Poor Granero. Pampered poofy footballers of this generation and what's more laughable is the paying punters actually sympathising with him. The boys probably on 40k a week with a relegation get out of jail free clause, where as you muggins's are paying your hard earned wedge to marvel at his short sabbatical. He will gain life experience from his sojourn to west London, gain cultural enlightenment and return to his homeland.

This is el piratas gap year and you're paying for it.

At least with Barton, he left some memories, what will you remember of Granero KLR? Aside from his intelligence? His IQ will not add to our points tally.

"Pampered and poofy" - how did you arrive at that conclusion?

40k a week - excessive but then all footballers salaries are.

As said played out of position, looked disillusioned (he's human after all just maybe he cares and wants to have the chance to play in his natural position), then a poor game (happens to all players) and then dropped.

Result - he's suddenly perceived as being a mercenary and a "poofy" one at that. Barton might have something to say about that comment!

Agreed his intelligence is neither here nor there.

His football intelligence however is relevant and I reckon he has a fair bit of that. Part of the problem for him adjusting is the movement (read lack of) of his team mates. A player like Granero thrives on his team mates offering themselves for the ball, moving into space etc.

Ironically when he arrived most commented on the fact he was physically committed and 'got stuck in' more than they expected. That side of his game isn't lacking imo.

It's a cliche but if Messi came to Rangers I'm sure half our fans would say "wouldn't want him alongside me in the trenches"...it's football not a war!
Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:08 - Dec 12 with 1075 viewshoopstilidie

He's a little off form in a stuttering side.

Nothing more than that.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:10 - Dec 12 with 1852 viewsisawqpratwcity

Granero the new Joey Barton on 11:02 - Dec 12 by klr

I felt a little bit like that until I realised what a C*nt he was / is.

He truly is an awful human being, a real "piece of work" as my Dad describes him.

Nah, go with aunty's post.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024