Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 59802 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:24 - Sep 14 with 3100 viewsdmm

He's like a kid on Christmas morning!

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:47 - Sep 14 with 2871 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:24 - Sep 14 by dmm

Love this
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:50 - Sep 14 with 2827 viewsSuperhoops2808

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:12 - Sep 14 by Antti_Heinola

A few bedsheets are going to need to be washed and dried tonight.
Dearie me, some people on here could benefit with taking a chill pill.

Yep

In fact one person has posted so much you would think he is enjoying seeing the poor performance, wasnt about when we came back to win against Luton but thats to be expected.

Even the best teams play poorly and scrap a 1-1... No one remembers how they got the point, just so long as they do
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:52 - Sep 14 with 2807 viewsBklynRanger

What an attitude Alfie shows in that video. Fantastic.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:58 - Sep 14 with 2743 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:50 - Sep 14 by Superhoops2808

Yep

In fact one person has posted so much you would think he is enjoying seeing the poor performance, wasnt about when we came back to win against Luton but thats to be expected.

Even the best teams play poorly and scrap a 1-1... No one remembers how they got the point, just so long as they do

He rarely is when we do well
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:00 - Sep 14 with 2711 viewsterryb

That was great hearing how excited Alfie Lloyd is. He won't be getting much sleep tonight as he replays his goal over & over in his mind!

Did we deserve a point? Possibly not, but Wednesday definitely didn;'t deserve to win!

I thought Heverton was quite ok at right back. Nothing special, but no disasters either. The three players that disappointed me were Andersen, Madsen & Dembele. Keito made a difference when he came on & gave us options to go forward.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 2706 viewsconnell10

That in a nutshell is what football is all about , Alfie,s joy was there full all to see!! If that don't make you smile then I suggest you are a miserable git!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 2698 viewsLanhoop

What a top lad!
Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:02 - Sep 14 with 2689 viewsmart_Goblin

Keep seeing different things after watching our goal over and over .

The keeper completely taking out Jimmy Dunne in the melee, Nardi wheeling away in celebration is wonderful and Bannan smashing the ball into the fans in fury is as gold as our kit .

And the Sheffield Wednesday fan in one clip calling it the ā€˜scabbiest goal everā€™.
Pure joy
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:02 - Sep 14 with 2675 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:52 - Sep 14 by BklynRanger

What an attitude Alfie shows in that video. Fantastic.

Good lad

Great .moment for him

Crackpot of a goal but he actually thought in the moment where he was placing his shot as opposed to about the other 173 shots on goal in that melee !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:05 - Sep 14 with 2649 viewsDannyPaddox

Beautiful. Thatā€™s what itā€™s all about!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:13 - Sep 14 with 2569 viewsted_hendrix

That Is an interview.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 2495 viewsE17hoop

The best view of today's equaliser:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:23 - Sep 14 with 2474 viewsdavman

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:17 - Sep 14 by dmm

In Marti's post match he said JCS had 'felt something in his calf' and Morrison had 'felt something' in his knee. He didn't seem to think either were serious.
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:18]

Let's hope that is the case and that the days of the innocuous calf strain leading to 12 weeks out is a thing of the past.

We are definitely weaker without JCS in this team maybe even more so without Steve Cook?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 2443 viewsRanger_Things

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:22 - Sep 14 by E17hoop

Iā€™ve watched untold clips from a gazillion angles and still canā€™t work out how that was scored.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:40 - Sep 14 with 2271 viewsJamesB1979

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:12 - Sep 14 by Antti_Heinola

A few bedsheets are going to need to be washed and dried tonight.
Dearie me, some people on here could benefit with taking a chill pill.

Above all this season we all (fans, players) need to have patience. So many new players and quite a few (if not most) havenā€™t played any minutes in the England until now.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:50 - Sep 14 with 2223 viewsted_hendrix

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:22 - Sep 14 by E17hoop

Barry Bannan

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:59 - Sep 14 with 2148 viewsrbee

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:50 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Barry Bannan

Should have been booked for kicking the ball away.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 21:02 - Sep 14 with 2096 viewsgazza1

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:36 - Sep 14 by Burnleyhoop

It was an awful performance, especially in that first half, although the shuffling of the team, formation and loss of JCS all contributed to the obvious imbalance and disjointed approach.

It wasnā€™t good and suspect Marti will admit it, but we do need to be patient, no matter how difficult it is when we look that poor.

Canā€™t argue with only one loss so far I suppose.

What was 'awful' about the performance??
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 1761 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:58 - Sep 14 by mart_Goblin

He rarely is when we do well

If you're smugly alluding to me, here's the thing in words of one syllable: I post when I feel like it. Scapegoaters and idiots, suck it up! (I also suggested the team has backbone tonight, but of course that complicates the black and white narratives promulgated by some posters here.)

Water off a a duck's back, either way. Evening all!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 22:20 - Sep 14 with 1751 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:01 - Sep 14 by connell10

That in a nutshell is what football is all about , Alfie,s joy was there full all to see!! If that don't make you smile then I suggest you are a miserable git!

Nice to see, for sure. His first Rangers goal, and it saved our bacon.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 00:01 - Sep 15 with 1479 viewsLeedsR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 20:02 - Sep 14 by mart_Goblin

Keep seeing different things after watching our goal over and over .

The keeper completely taking out Jimmy Dunne in the melee, Nardi wheeling away in celebration is wonderful and Bannan smashing the ball into the fans in fury is as gold as our kit .

And the Sheffield Wednesday fan in one clip calling it the ā€˜scabbiest goal everā€™.
Pure joy

Re the SW fanā€™s comment about the equaliser, he clearly wasnā€™t at LR last season when they scored off Steve Cookā€™s clearance, bouncing off the Wednesday player who was completely unaware.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 00:12 - Sep 15 with 1434 viewskarlski

Whilst I think of it Nardi made a brilliant save from a (marginally) offside Sheff Wed point blank chance. Love to see him wheeling away in celebration at the equaliser
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 08:20 - Sep 15 with 1022 viewsdavman

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 21:02 - Sep 14 by gazza1

What was 'awful' about the performance??

The inability to hold possession for any length of time or number if passes.

The inability to create any clear cut chances.

The inability to shackle their main (only?) creative outlet.

The two Danes.

The inability to break the press due to having an ineffective midfield.

The inability to make the ball stick up top - Weds did a job on Frey reminding us that we can be easy to defend against.

....but all that said, WE GOT A POINT AWAY FROMM HOME,so not a disaster.

We WERE awful though (just my opinion though...).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 08:56 - Sep 15 with 893 viewsDorse

On reflection, I think there will be games this season where we'll play a shit-load better than that and lose. The first half, especially, was dog toffee.

But...

One more point in the bank. No additions in the 'Loss' column. An absolute sickener inflicted on someone else, for once. Alfie off and running. And we've got Palace in the cup on Tuesday.

I mean, it's not all bad right? URs!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024