Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 59807 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 2864 viewsenfieldargh

that performance like the comms was shocking.

Plus points were the back 4 all quite solid & keeper, midfield apart from Colback were pretty dire.

Anderson do wonder what goes through his mind.

Weve come out of it tho with a point, one more than I thought we would get after 93 minutes

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 2853 viewsBurnleyhoop

Pick the bones out of that performance Clive 😮🫣
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:16 - Sep 14 with 2803 viewsderbyhoop

That Cifuentes is some manager. Brings Lloyd on as 90th minute sub. 6 minutes later he scores.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:17 - Sep 14 with 2731 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 by Burnleyhoop

Pick the bones out of that performance Clive 😮🫣

Well, I guess it had a bit of backbone at least, inamongst all the skin and gristle.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:17 - Sep 14 with 2761 viewsgazza1

Fair play to the boys.......cant believe all the negativity. How many 'big saves' did our keeper have to make?? Not the best but another away game where we pick up points - Our 'old boys' did very well, Cook & Colback.

Some on here need to be more realistic, we worked very hard as a team.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:17 - Sep 14 with 2708 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:17 - Sep 14 by gazza1

Fair play to the boys.......cant believe all the negativity. How many 'big saves' did our keeper have to make?? Not the best but another away game where we pick up points - Our 'old boys' did very well, Cook & Colback.

And others need to question their own dowward-looking expectations!

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:18 - Sep 14 with 2738 viewsted_hendrix

We're 12th In the table, we had a badish day at the office (our Fifth game) I'll take that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:18 - Sep 14 with 2689 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:16 - Sep 14 by derbyhoop

That Cifuentes is some manager. Brings Lloyd on as 90th minute sub. 6 minutes later he scores.

He's a lucky manager, which is not nothing.

Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:18 - Sep 14 with 2705 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 by cheeseydane

I'm still chuckling about our goal.

Next week's Spot the Ball competition will have everyone stumped.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:19 - Sep 14 with 2693 viewsStanisgod

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:03 - Sep 14 by NorthantsHoop

What a scramble for an equaliser, gotta be seen to be believed, again a smash and grab in Sheffield.

For once , fair play to the ref who could have blown on that scramble,they normally do.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:20 - Sep 14 with 2595 viewsstainrods_elbow

Back in the middle of the table, with one win and one defeat. We're officially mediocre thusfar, which is what we've looked most of the season so far.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:21 - Sep 14 with 2594 viewsQPR_Hibs

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 by enfieldargh

that performance like the comms was shocking.

Plus points were the back 4 all quite solid & keeper, midfield apart from Colback were pretty dire.

Anderson do wonder what goes through his mind.

Weve come out of it tho with a point, one more than I thought we would get after 93 minutes

Yes, the defence was good and Santos wasn't the car crash at RB that some were predicting a few weeks ago. I wish we wouldn't do that stupid goalkick routine and try to play our way out from the back though, especially without JCS or Morrison in the team.
Dembele showed flashes of brilliance and Colback worked really hard and covered back well.
Madsen and Andersen were just awful today. Frey did his best with no service and still looks better than Celar to me.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:22 - Sep 14 with 2524 viewsdmm

I do wonder how we would have played had there not been the international break. The oomph we seem to have following the two wins over Luton had just evaporated.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:22 - Sep 14 with 2484 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:20 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

Back in the middle of the table, with one win and one defeat. We're officially mediocre thusfar, which is what we've looked most of the season so far.

3 draws and 5 1-0s/0-1s from today's run of results tells us what a tight/mediocre league this is. Come the end of the season, we'll likely be middling-to-average from what we've seen so far.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:24 - Sep 14 with 2449 viewsmart_Goblin

Poor showing that but that’s a sweet point to take and win next Saturday and it will look like a huge one .

2 strikes for the football karma gods today .
First one to the SW commentary team who said the attendance was amazing considering “QPR is not the most glamorous of fixtures”.
And to that scruffy looking tw’t Bannan who gave Billy big bollox and then at the fully time whistle to storm down the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand ….up ya bum ya tramp.

Has there ever been a club full of that sort of arrogance with less to be arrogant about?

Love it .

Anyway , well done to the players for digging in and never giving up . But we have to be better than we were today .
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:24 - Sep 14 with 2409 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:22 - Sep 14 by dmm

I do wonder how we would have played had there not been the international break. The oomph we seem to have following the two wins over Luton had just evaporated.

Which is why Marti should be really disappointed in the players and himself/his coaches today, despite the flukey result. Hope he says as much shortly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:25]

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:24 - Sep 14 with 2435 viewsStreathamRanger

When we get Chair and Dembele on the pitch at the same time we'll be a lot better. Personally I'm not a massive Andersen fan
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:26 - Sep 14 with 2340 viewsLordPork

me too, I never liked "who's line is it" anyway....
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:27 - Sep 14 with 2327 viewsperpignanR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:24 - Sep 14 by StreathamRanger

When we get Chair and Dembele on the pitch at the same time we'll be a lot better. Personally I'm not a massive Andersen fan

I’d like to know what tranquillisers Anderson is on. They seem very effective.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:27 - Sep 14 with 2327 viewsstrikerace

For some reason that Bannon drives me crazy (in a bad annoying way)
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:28 - Sep 14 with 2203 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hans Christian Andersen's ghost would have been more effective than Lucas today! Field was fallow, and Madsen isn't even lightweight. Wednesday shot themselves in the foot with conceding a stupid late free kick and corner. Unjust, but Bannan gets to eat sh*t, despite our gormless tactics and performance!
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:29]

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:31 - Sep 14 with 2137 viewsLordPork

On a more serious note, experienced supporters and followers of teams will know Barry Bannan has been one of the best players in the League (s) for what? lets say 8 years.

No surprise he's scored and I'm sure we'll have done homework on him - if really needed - as to his prowess at eluding midfield markers going forward. He's been a very good player at this level, simple as that. I think he practically kept them up at the end of last season with some of his performances/goals.

No shame in him scoring against us, however what was basically 90 mins of total tosh probably deserved he scored anyway.

Onward and downward.....
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:32]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:32 - Sep 14 with 2087 viewsrbee

Watching at home the abysmal Stream UK Media Services match coverage set the tone for the afternoon.

For me the draw was a fair result, sure Wednesday looked the more likely but that isn’t enough to win football matches, goals are.

I will let those more football savvy dissect the game and tell us why we were so poor today, we looked so disjointed, hardly bothering to use the left-hand side of the pitch. No point singling out individual players, this was a poor team performance although the fighting spirit was still there.

Happy with the point.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:33 - Sep 14 with 2026 viewsstevec

We’re not losing which is a big bonus and the attacking side may gel if and when Chair comes back.

That said, we’ve been second best in most if not all games so far and despite 4-2-3-1 looking a good set up you do have to wonder if the 3 part of that equation will ever work.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:36 - Sep 14 with 1958 viewsBurnleyhoop

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:17 - Sep 14 by gazza1

It was an awful performance, especially in that first half, although the shuffling of the team, formation and loss of JCS all contributed to the obvious imbalance and disjointed approach.

It wasn’t good and suspect Marti will admit it, but we do need to be patient, no matter how difficult it is when we look that poor.

Can’t argue with only one loss so far I suppose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024