Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 59805 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:36 - Sep 14 with 3612 viewsMalintabuk

In the car on the way back home... and reading the thread, yep not great but that is just one loss in seven, with a team half full of players who have little if no championship experience... I'll take that
What is peeing me off is that it seems every goal we conced are worldies.... that as surely got to stop sooner rather than later
OK it was not our best, but tell that to the 1200 odd who were here that, we celebrated like that was a win, and the players did as well... so perhaps not the prettiest, but we are fast becoming one of them teams that are hard to beat, and that is good.
Not many positives to be honest, apart from the defence, who I thought was really good. For me MOTM was Dunne, playing full back in the other games, just slotted easily into CH
Sadly we missed JCS today who gives us that out ball from defence, hope he is not out for long.
All in all for me a satisfactory days out. Last year that lot beat us twice, so we are improving somewhat
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:37]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:39 - Sep 14 with 3497 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm not as impatient as some may think, but Marti and his team need to start doing better sooner rather than later. For me, it's been slim pickings so far, though the comeback at Luton was creditable in a number of ways. That first half was inept and witless.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:42 - Sep 14 with 3462 viewsR_from_afar

Here's a view of our equaliser:

Apologies for the industrial language!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:44 - Sep 14 with 3394 viewsGus_iom

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:28 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

Hans Christian Andersen's ghost would have been more effective than Lucas today! Field was fallow, and Madsen isn't even lightweight. Wednesday shot themselves in the foot with conceding a stupid late free kick and corner. Unjust, but Bannan gets to eat sh*t, despite our gormless tactics and performance!
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:29]

Madsen looked better after Anderson went off though, I don't think you can have the two on the pitch together.
Dunne and Paal my two picks today, but transitioning the ball from back to front was a real problem.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:46 - Sep 14 with 3337 viewsFredManRave

"Hooray for Alfie Lloyd".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:46 - Sep 14 with 3333 viewsnumptydumpty

Wow !!

I can't recall ever seeing as prolonged and brutal a goalmouth scramble than that.

Unbelievable that it went in. Certainly wasn't expecting it to end up in the back of the net !!

Would have gone away a bit of a peed off with the nil nil.

But that finish was absolutely fricking hilarious !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:48 - Sep 14 with 3262 viewsBklynRanger

Rarely do you see that sort of scramble allowed to go on for that length of time. Hilarious stuff. I'm sure I saw a couple of cats and dogs fly howling from the melee.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:48 - Sep 14 with 3241 viewspaulparker

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:24 - Sep 14 by mart_Goblin

Poor showing that but that’s a sweet point to take and win next Saturday and it will look like a huge one .

2 strikes for the football karma gods today .
First one to the SW commentary team who said the attendance was amazing considering “QPR is not the most glamorous of fixtures”.
And to that scruffy looking tw’t Bannan who gave Billy big bollox and then at the fully time whistle to storm down the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand ….up ya bum ya tramp.

Has there ever been a club full of that sort of arrogance with less to be arrogant about?

Love it .

Anyway , well done to the players for digging in and never giving up . But we have to be better than we were today .

That Wednesday commentator team was the most biased commentary team since North Korea won the World Cup , you would of thought it was Real Madrid vs Blyth Spartans out there
So have that you whippet breeding tvvats

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:50 - Sep 14 with 3176 viewsQPunkR

Watched the game at a Wednesday mate’s house here in Switzerland, so no-one was overly happy at that - obviously me rather than him after that finish though!

Apart from the last kick of the match that was a travesty of a game of football

QPR - "shit but local"

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:57 - Sep 14 with 3028 viewsHooping_Mad

The Wednesday player attempting to feign injury and watching the play continue as the penny drops he's not getting his fk

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:59 - Sep 14 with 2965 viewsDamo1962

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:05 - Sep 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Richly undeserved but I don't care. For all its shortcomings, one thing this team does have is character. That's now 5 of our 6 points rescued from losing positions.

And we have scored in every game so far...which is an improvement.We don't look like keeping a clean sheet anytime soon though.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:00 - Sep 14 with 2937 viewsManinBlack

Rubbish game but a decent result. We lost twice to them last season and those 6 points we gifted Wednesday were a big reason for them staying up. 5 points away from home when behind in 3 games is a pleasing stat for the season to date.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:01 - Sep 14 with 2927 viewsDamo1962

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:08 - Sep 14 by Match82

Trying to figure out what we'd do with a banana...

Predictive text... don't you just love it😉
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:07 - Sep 14 with 2836 viewsDamo1962

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:21 - Sep 14 by QPR_Hibs

Yes, the defence was good and Santos wasn't the car crash at RB that some were predicting a few weeks ago. I wish we wouldn't do that stupid goalkick routine and try to play our way out from the back though, especially without JCS or Morrison in the team.
Dembele showed flashes of brilliance and Colback worked really hard and covered back well.
Madsen and Andersen were just awful today. Frey did his best with no service and still looks better than Celar to me.

Bit concerning that our two Danish acquisitions are struggling. Thought they might adapt quicker than most. Celar needs a goal...and quick.
[Post edited 14 Sep 18:16]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:14 - Sep 14 with 2674 viewsVancouverHoop

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:58 - Sep 14 by johncharles

Anyone left when Wednesday scored ?

Guilty m'Lud!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:22 - Sep 14 with 2560 viewsfraserc

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:59 - Sep 14 by Damo1962

And we have scored in every game so far...which is an improvement.We don't look like keeping a clean sheet anytime soon though.

To be fair, I didn't think they really looked like scoring today. Nardi had a couple of good saves, but, yet again, someone scores a worldie against us.

On another note, does Bannan always get off the pitch that quickly, or was he just being a sulky prick?
[Post edited 14 Sep 18:25]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:24 - Sep 14 with 2519 viewsdavman

Gotta love undeserved points. Especially there against that lot after last season when they deserved NOTHING over 90 mins yet managed to get three points somehow.

To a man we were rank awful out there today. Special call out to the Danes, who might well have just not been there. Clive said on his Patreon that Dembele was due a bad game; hopefully that is it. Frey went from a 9/10 to a 3/10 in consecutive games. Field and Colback showed why we needed dynamic midfielders like (allegedly) Madsen and Varane.

Nardi MoTM on a 7/10 from me; Dunne and Heverton 6/10s but that's it. Cook defended well but his distribution was rank. Paal wasn't as bad as he has been, but does someone want to talk me through how he missed the header before Windass' third big miss?

If that is what happens without JCS, time to worry. What are the odds we'll not hear why he and Morrison were not around today?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:25 - Sep 14 with 2483 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hilarious that Bannan was tapping his head to his teammates after his goal, then they give away a stupid free kick, and he gives away the corner we end up scoring from. To be fair, his goal deserved to win any game, and they threw it away at the end.
[Post edited 14 Sep 22:13]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:31 - Sep 14 with 2371 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:42 - Sep 14 by R_from_afar

Here's a view of our equaliser:

Apologies for the industrial language!

OMFG what a clusterfu*k but a beautiful sight seeing that net ripple.
It sure looked like that first header was in but the Ref has goaline technology on his wrist or has he ?.
Love watching Nardi step over bodies and pushing his way around looking to get a kick at it then sprinting away like he scored.
Reading this thread it sure sounds like we did not deserve this point but it shows the new QPR never say die attitude and that is impressive .
Well done boys great point
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:32 - Sep 14 with 2360 viewsQPROslo

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:44 - Sep 14 by Gus_iom

Madsen looked better after Anderson went off though, I don't think you can have the two on the pitch together.
Dunne and Paal my two picks today, but transitioning the ball from back to front was a real problem.

Yes, dead right about moving the ball up the pitch. Our passing was atrocious. We barely strung more than 2 or 3 passes together all game. The 1st half was the worst I can remember under Marti.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:42 - Sep 14 with 2210 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:24 - Sep 14 by davman

Gotta love undeserved points. Especially there against that lot after last season when they deserved NOTHING over 90 mins yet managed to get three points somehow.

To a man we were rank awful out there today. Special call out to the Danes, who might well have just not been there. Clive said on his Patreon that Dembele was due a bad game; hopefully that is it. Frey went from a 9/10 to a 3/10 in consecutive games. Field and Colback showed why we needed dynamic midfielders like (allegedly) Madsen and Varane.

Nardi MoTM on a 7/10 from me; Dunne and Heverton 6/10s but that's it. Cook defended well but his distribution was rank. Paal wasn't as bad as he has been, but does someone want to talk me through how he missed the header before Windass' third big miss?

If that is what happens without JCS, time to worry. What are the odds we'll not hear why he and Morrison were not around today?

Yes I thought the back 4 and keeper were ok.
Dunne adjusted well and Santos got better after a dodgy first 10-15 mins.

As for the rest , just poor as a whole unit .
But we shouldn’t be too negative .
1 loss in 7 without actually playing that well for the most part .
The positive is there should be much more to come once players settle .
And that will take a while unfortunately
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 1921 viewsted_hendrix

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:46 - Sep 14 by FredManRave

Well pleased for the Lad.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:17 - Sep 14 with 1723 viewsdmm

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 18:24 - Sep 14 by davman

In Marti's post match he said JCS had 'felt something in his calf' and Morrison had 'felt something' in his knee. He didn't seem to think either were serious.
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:18]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 1685 viewsDannyPaddox

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:46 - Sep 14 by FredManRave

Nice one Alfie lad!
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:21]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 1680 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:59 - Sep 14 by derbyhoop

93 Bannan
96 - Alfie Lloyd

I wonder if the Dunne effort from the corner had crossed the line. Before 20 attempts at poking in the rebound, before Alfie made sure.

Biggest schmozzle in the history of professional football. Alfie Lloyd: history maker.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024