Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thierry Henry love-in 06:35 - Mar 2 with 7550 viewsPatfromPoole

Ah, tonight’s game will bring memories back of that night when the sailors were all gushing over Henry, Ljungberg et al. One of the most vomit-inducing things ever witnessed during a game of football.

I trust Monsieur Cent Trente already has his half and half scarf for tonight’s momentous occasion.....

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Thierry Henry love-in on 17:16 - Mar 2 with 1307 views1teeminants

Thierry Henry love-in on 12:21 - Mar 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Pompey got thrashed by their nearest and dearest this season, when they were total out of form. What happened, the fans stayed behind and got behind the team. No difference to the Henry situation really.

You lot probably don’t understand either, it’s about getting behind your team. Perhaps this is why you have picked up 3 titles in your history since being in the football league and Pompey have picked up 9.

The most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen at a football match . Why the f@@k would you applaud somebody who has made you look stupid. The only thing I can think of is because you hardly play teams like Arsenal you get all excited, bless your little cottons. You see 130, saints play these teams week in week out, year in year out and we often turn them over but it’s a real big deal for your shower.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 17:30]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Thierry Henry love-in on 17:35 - Mar 2 with 1280 viewsPatfromPoole

Sweepstake on the number of times the BT cameras zoom in on the TCWTB and his “wacky” band of brace-wearing weirdo freaks.

I’ll go for 12.

Thierry Henry love-in on 19:09 - Mar 2 with 1246 viewsHappy_Jack

Apparently Pompey haven't beaten Arsenal in a competitive game since 1958

What a tin pot outfit

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Thierry Henry love-in on 20:02 - Mar 2 with 1197 viewsIngskneeslide

Thierry Henry love-in on 19:09 - Mar 2 by Happy_Jack

Apparently Pompey haven't beaten Arsenal in a competitive game since 1958

What a tin pot outfit

But noisy fans win things. Maybe their most passionataste fans were protesting their owners during that barren run?
Thierry Henry love-in on 20:44 - Mar 2 with 1141 viewsIngskneeslide

Just watched the last five minutes of the first half. Until Arsenal scored I would describe it as a carnival atmosphere - lots of bells, clapping, jolly singing etc - a bit like when Bournemouth fans get going. But passionate and intimidating it is not. Maybe it’s because Pompey fans will be more than happy if Arsenal win?
Thierry Henry love-in on 20:48 - Mar 2 with 1132 viewsKennington

Just read this thread. Touchy fella that 130. Even that old timer skate Arthur (?) who used to post on here had some decent bantz. 130 on the other hand comes across as a bit of a mardy coont.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Thierry Henry love-in on 20:58 - Mar 2 with 1103 viewsthis_charming_man

Thierry Henry love-in on 20:44 - Mar 2 by Ingskneeslide

Just watched the last five minutes of the first half. Until Arsenal scored I would describe it as a carnival atmosphere - lots of bells, clapping, jolly singing etc - a bit like when Bournemouth fans get going. But passionate and intimidating it is not. Maybe it’s because Pompey fans will be more than happy if Arsenal win?

2-0 Time for the standing ovations to start

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:18 - Mar 2 with 1045 viewsdirk_doone

BBC Radio 5 commentary: "Portsmouth need a goal just to get the crowd going. It's quiet here."

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:22 - Mar 2 with 1035 viewsButty101

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:18 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

BBC Radio 5 commentary: "Portsmouth need a goal just to get the crowd going. It's quiet here."

72 mins
Post update
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal

Tony Pulis
Former Portsmouth manager on BBC Radio 5 Live
Portsmouth need a goal to get the crowd going and get everything moving. It's quiet here at the moment.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:28 - Mar 2 with 1019 viewsdirk_doone

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:22 - Mar 2 by Butty101

72 mins
Post update
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal

Tony Pulis
Portsmouth need a goal to get the crowd going and get everything moving. It's quiet here at the moment.

Apparently, "There's no belief" in the crowd. Well, Little Pompey have gone 62 years without a win against Arsenal and their fans know they are probably going to go another 62 years without a win against them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:35 - Mar 2 with 995 viewsPatfromPoole

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:18 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:36 - Mar 2 with 995 viewsericofarabia

Thierry Henry love-in on 20:48 - Mar 2 by Kennington

Just read this thread. Touchy fella that 130. Even that old timer skate Arthur (?) who used to post on here had some decent bantz. 130 on the other hand comes across as a bit of a mardy coont.

Excellent use of the word Mardy. Being oop north Mardy arsed is a common expression. Fits 130 to a tee.
Thierry Henry love-in (n/t) on 21:36 - Mar 2 with 993 viewsDellHero

72 mins
Post update
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal

Tony Pulis

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:10]
Thierry Henry love-in on 21:49 - Mar 2 with 947 views1885_SFC

Ironically - 'Nelson' was Man-of-the-Match

Old School is Cool

Thierry Henry love-in on 22:35 - Mar 2 with 885 viewsA1079

in my desire to try and find something that would compare with the match on BT TV, I took out a pot of paint and cheered when having watched it, I realised it had dried solid........I then reverted to a quick glimpse of the match being played out and had to turn the volume up to maximum in search of something called atmosphere.
Thierry Henry love-in on 22:44 - Mar 2 with 869 viewshedgeend61

Thierry Henry love-in on 21:28 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

Apparently, "There's no belief" in the crowd. Well, Little Pompey have gone 62 years without a win against Arsenal and their fans know they are probably going to go another 62 years without a win against them.

Little Pompey who had a bit of bluster early doors, managed one shot on target against a pretty poor Arsenal Youth, who never really needed to get out of first gear, generally playing sideways and backwards in what resembled a training game.
2000 Arsenal fans couldn't even bothered to get excited or even sing a song in the 90 minutes, and I wish I'd watched Boro V Forest or Traffic Cops to stop me nodding off.

I only stayed with is as I bet the Arsenal to win 5-0 @ 50/1, but they never wanted to put that much effort in to it.

Could be a few decades before they play them again, let alone beat them.
Thierry Henry love-in on 23:01 - Mar 2 with 856 viewsAndrewW_London

Pompey got thrashed by their nearest and dearest this season, when they were total out of form. What happened, the fans stayed behind and got behind the team. No difference to the Henry situation really.

You lot probably don’t understand either, it’s about getting behind your team. Perhaps this is why you have picked up 3 titles in your history since being in the football league and Pompey have picked up 9.

No, what you don't undersand is:

1. You were humiliated in your own back yard by the far better club.
2. You really are a very poor, pathetic and inconsequential little (and, yes, I mean little) club.
3. This is a forum for Saints fans and you are not welcome here. Now, go away and never come back you prick!

Twickenham Saint

Thierry Henry love-in on 23:04 - Mar 2 with 847 viewsAndrewW_London

2. You really are a very sad, pathetic and inconsequential little (and, yes, I mean little) club.

3. Fratton Park is a sh!t hole. It's a dire place to watch football.

4. This is a forum for Saints fans and you are not welcome here. Now, go away and never come back you idiot!

Twickenham Saint

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:13 - Mar 3 with 680 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

72 mins
Post update
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal

Tony Pulis

From the BBC website

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said the club's young players are "worth the risk" after his youthful team beat League One Portsmouth at a NOISY Fratton Park to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Martin Keown "The Portsmouth fans were amazing"

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:14 - Mar 3 with 678 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Thierry Henry love-in on 22:44 - Mar 2 by hedgeend61

Little Pompey who had a bit of bluster early doors, managed one shot on target against a pretty poor Arsenal Youth, who never really needed to get out of first gear, generally playing sideways and backwards in what resembled a training game.
2000 Arsenal fans couldn't even bothered to get excited or even sing a song in the 90 minutes, and I wish I'd watched Boro V Forest or Traffic Cops to stop me nodding off.

I only stayed with is as I bet the Arsenal to win 5-0 @ 50/1, but they never wanted to put that much effort in to it.

Could be a few decades before they play them again, let alone beat them.

We did rest half of our first team

and BTW around 40k already sold at Wembley

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:16 - Mar 3 with 677 viewsIngskneeslide

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:13 - Mar 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

From the BBC website

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said the club's young players are "worth the risk" after his youthful team beat League One Portsmouth at a NOISY Fratton Park to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Martin Keown "The Portsmouth fans were amazing"

Bless. A patronising pat on the head from a couple of names and you couldn’t be happier. Don’t blame you to be fair pal, the rest of your existence is fûcking bleak to say the least.
Thierry Henry love-in on 11:20 - Mar 3 with 672 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Thierry Henry love-in on 23:04 - Mar 2 by AndrewW_London

2. You really are a very sad, pathetic and inconsequential little (and, yes, I mean little) club.

3. Fratton Park is a sh!t hole. It's a dire place to watch football.

4. This is a forum for Saints fans and you are not welcome here. Now, go away and never come back you idiot!

Calm down fella, it's only a game of football

And if we are a little club, can you explain to me the status of your club?

Pompey: Overall Derby Games W62. D21, L57
Pompey : Top Flight Derby Games W3, D3, L2
Pompey : 2 0 : league Champions
Draw : 1 1 : Almost League Champions, well done on this one.
Pompey : 2 1 : FA cup wins
Pompey : 5 4 : FA Cup Final Appearances : Total
Pompey : 2 1 : FA Cup Final Appearances : This century
Pompey : 3 2 : FA Cup Final Appearances : Post WW2
Pompey : 1 0 : Charity Shields
Pompey : 5 1 : Top 4 Finishes
Pompey : 1 0 : 2nd Tier Champions
Pompey : 3 2 : 3rd Tier Champions
Pompey : 7 2 : Most Football league Championships [all levels)
Pompey : Highest ever league attendance
Pompey : Highest ever average league attendance
Pompey : Highest All Time Top Flight average league attendance (23,927 - 21,335)
Pompey : Best 3 Hampshire born players played for which club?
Pompey : Last English League Championship
Pompey : Last 2nd Tier League Championship
Pompey : Last 3rd Tier League Championship
Pompey : Last FA Cup win
Pompey : Last FA Cup Final Appearance
Pompey : last Trophy,
Pompey : 5 1 Most Overall Major Trophies
Pompey : 9 3 Most Overall Trophies (Football league Championships and FA cups)
Pompey : 10 3 Most Overall Trophies (league Championships, FA cups, Charity Shields)
Pompey : 15 9 Most Trophies ( league & Non league Championships, FA cups, Charity Shields)
Pompey : 3 0 Most Overall Trophies this century (Football league Championships and National Cups)
Pompey : 4 1 All Trophies this Century
Pompey : 4 2 Most visit to old Wembley Stadium
Pompey : 6 2 Most visits to new Wembley

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 670 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:16 - Mar 3 by Ingskneeslide

Bless. A patronising pat on the head from a couple of names and you couldn’t be happier. Don’t blame you to be fair pal, the rest of your existence is fûcking bleak to say the least.

The first quote is from a BBC report you goon

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 674 viewsSalisburySaint

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:14 - Mar 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We did rest half of our first team

and BTW around 40k already sold at Wembley

"and BTW around 40k already sold at Wembley"

is that for the cup all your fans are supposidly boycotting !!!
Thierry Henry love-in on 11:42 - Mar 3 with 662 viewsIngskneeslide

Thierry Henry love-in on 11:21 - Mar 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The first quote is from a BBC report you goon

Calm down Raymond, it’s only a game of football!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024