Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager betting 14:32 - Nov 30 with 25919 viewsPinnerPaul

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/30636479

Some 'interesting' names in there!
Next Manager betting on 19:32 - Dec 6 with 5891 viewsdmm

Next Manager betting on 18:57 - Dec 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

KENYA!!🤣😂🤣😂

They had a lot of fun doing those old Batman series. Lots of silly things like that were sneaked in.
Next Manager betting on 08:47 - Dec 7 with 5540 viewsHunterhoop

Next Manager betting on 09:25 - Dec 6 by Sakura

I want that problem to be averted. Prevention is better than cure type thing

A few years ago Tim Sherwood's name was linked very heavily with the job. Fan reaction to that very possibly had an influence in steering the club away from that disaster.

I'm making my point known on a public rangers discussion forum that I am concerned the route we are going. I've seen Les take us this route before and it went badly for the club. I want the best manager for the club.

I don't get the mentality of posters like yourself who jump straight to insults before they understand the other persons view point

Van Bronkhorst was sacked on 23rd November. Beale appointed on 28th but it was known right after.

That's why I'm suspicious/ fearful of them harming the club again by going this route. Then putting out noises through media channels like West London Sport to not expect a manager until after Burnley "because contracts" huh?! That makes no sense

I would say yours and Planet Hollywoods well meaning attitude is more harmful to the club.

I've said "if" Les goes that route again I will be against it. I am concerned he will go that route as he has form. And them teeing us up for a delayed appointment

I would be delighted if things picked up pace and someone like this Hammarby guy was appointed but the longer this goes on the more concerned I get

Rathe then getting aggy. Try and understand my viewpoint from the perspective that I want the best for the club. I've explained my concerns. Made known at this point it's a theory and nothing more

If I am wrong then it's no issue. I will just be pleased we went and appointed the best man for the job

Hopefully our fan base is more rational and sensible than you. Otherwise the clubs in trouble

Ah, so you think what the great Sakura has to say could swing the pendulum of fate? Eye opening to understand how important you think your opinion is, and how you believe anyone else in the world, especially those running the club, give it any consideration. Sorry to break it to you, but they don’t.

And I didn’t insult you in the last post. Good straw man to throw in. You like those. Well done.

If it happens, then, post that post, post away to your heart’s content. You may still be wrong (unless you can see into the future) or you may be right. If we went that route, I’d share some concerns.

But there is no evidence to suggest we will about from your half baked musings based on the caretaker being a currently employed black coach, and the last time that happened, Ramsey got the job full time. Except that isn’t the last time. Ramsey has taken the first team between managers since he was head coach and a different permanent head coach was appointed.

Let’s wait and see. It looks like it’ll be one of the 3 being interviewed, Critchley, Barry, and Cifuentas.

Of those 3, what do you think? Keen to get your opinion now so reduce the chance of Captain Hindsight emerging or Les Bashing commencing when you’d have made the same call.
Next Manager betting on 09:14 - Dec 7 with 5415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm genuinely concerned that Evil Les will appoint a White Coach. We all know he's done it before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Manager betting on 10:34 - Dec 7 with 5226 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Next Manager betting on 09:25 - Dec 6 by Sakura

I want that problem to be averted. Prevention is better than cure type thing

A few years ago Tim Sherwood's name was linked very heavily with the job. Fan reaction to that very possibly had an influence in steering the club away from that disaster.

I'm making my point known on a public rangers discussion forum that I am concerned the route we are going. I've seen Les take us this route before and it went badly for the club. I want the best manager for the club.

I don't get the mentality of posters like yourself who jump straight to insults before they understand the other persons view point

Van Bronkhorst was sacked on 23rd November. Beale appointed on 28th but it was known right after.

That's why I'm suspicious/ fearful of them harming the club again by going this route. Then putting out noises through media channels like West London Sport to not expect a manager until after Burnley "because contracts" huh?! That makes no sense

I would say yours and Planet Hollywoods well meaning attitude is more harmful to the club.

I've said "if" Les goes that route again I will be against it. I am concerned he will go that route as he has form. And them teeing us up for a delayed appointment

I would be delighted if things picked up pace and someone like this Hammarby guy was appointed but the longer this goes on the more concerned I get

Rathe then getting aggy. Try and understand my viewpoint from the perspective that I want the best for the club. I've explained my concerns. Made known at this point it's a theory and nothing more

If I am wrong then it's no issue. I will just be pleased we went and appointed the best man for the job

Hopefully our fan base is more rational and sensible than you. Otherwise the clubs in trouble

What's becoming increasingly clear when dealing with Sakura's Elbow, are the Trumpesque reaction that follows any replies that disagree with their views.

This manifests itself in several ways: initial derision of posters as being part of a cult; what seem in my view, to be efforts to misinterpret other posters' replies to reinforce their views; and then, the withering hostility that follows any post that reasonably in many cases, pulls their views apart.

It's also noticeable how, in the face of clear and virtually unanimous disagreement with their views, they seek to be portrayed as the victim of some great conspiracy.

You are entitled to your views, however disagreeable they may be. Personally, I think you're also entitled to defend those views and debate them. However, what you and none of us are entitled to do, is to seek to aggressively and at times rudely jump down people's throats because you're disagreed with, and then cry about it when posters give it back to you.

There is however, something I think many who question your views would do, which I dont think you would replicate, and that is hold their hands up and acknowledge you were right if things turned out as you predict.

If you can at least convey that level of magnanimity should your fears prove to be unfounded, then you might find engaging on this and other QPR forums considerably less fraught and more rewarding.

Alternatively, and let me word this diplomatically, simply press the ignore button for however long you wish, of any posters you think 'unworthy of your attention'. Which I'm just about to do for you both.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 11:42]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next Manager betting on 11:22 - Dec 7 with 5091 viewsdmm

I appreciate the posters trying to reason with SE and Sakura. I largely gave up with SE back in my dotorg days and more recently Sakura on here.

Social media is so blighted by rudeness and abuse. It's all too easy to sit with a mobile or laptop to bang out an arrogant view and then lay into any who might disagree. I just try to ignore such posts on here and elsewhere, although I haven't hit the ignore button on anyone on here, yet.

I have had disagreements with some on LfW, mainly around politics, but I've usually found a level of decency in those exchanges no matter how passionately held our differing opinions have been.

Life is simply too short to tear lumps out of each other. And really, where is the fun in that anyway?
Next Manager betting on 19:01 - Dec 7 with 4531 viewshantssi

Next Manager betting on 11:22 - Dec 7 by dmm

I appreciate the posters trying to reason with SE and Sakura. I largely gave up with SE back in my dotorg days and more recently Sakura on here.

Social media is so blighted by rudeness and abuse. It's all too easy to sit with a mobile or laptop to bang out an arrogant view and then lay into any who might disagree. I just try to ignore such posts on here and elsewhere, although I haven't hit the ignore button on anyone on here, yet.

I have had disagreements with some on LfW, mainly around politics, but I've usually found a level of decency in those exchanges no matter how passionately held our differing opinions have been.

Life is simply too short to tear lumps out of each other. And really, where is the fun in that anyway?

Dotorg, that was the board I was referring to in the voting thread, left it because SE basically took it over with his views!
I won’t put him on ignore though because he actually make me laugh especially when he plays the victim!!
Next Manager betting on 20:04 - Dec 7 with 4278 viewsdanehoop

Next Manager betting on 19:01 - Dec 7 by hantssi

Dotorg, that was the board I was referring to in the voting thread, left it because SE basically took it over with his views!
I won’t put him on ignore though because he actually make me laugh especially when he plays the victim!!

The ignore does work though.

Never knowingly understood

Next Manager betting on 00:47 - Dec 8 with 3853 viewsHayesender

There seems to be some movement in the betting market.
Critchley has jumped from 2/1 to 1/3, while Cifuentes has lengthened out to 8's.

Right, as you were lads!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager betting on 05:44 - Dec 8 with 3691 viewsDixie_CT

Next Manager betting on 00:47 - Dec 8 by Hayesender

There seems to be some movement in the betting market.
Critchley has jumped from 2/1 to 1/3, while Cifuentes has lengthened out to 8's.

Right, as you were lads!

The powers that be hope to have the process finalised by this weekend.

No knowledge on who it could be but this shift in betting for Critchley might be of some significance.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 6:08]
Next Manager betting on 12:58 - Dec 9 with 3113 viewsPinnerPaul

NC was 1/8, now out to 8/11 - 'our' Gareth into 2/1
Next Manager betting on 13:20 - Dec 9 with 3019 viewsnumptydumpty

Next Manager betting on 12:58 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

NC was 1/8, now out to 8/11 - 'our' Gareth into 2/1

Smart money on Ainsworth ie in from 20s to 2 /1 now !!!

He is linked every time.

Understanding his current style of play not wanted but is he 100% likely to use it.

Can't see why not give him a chance.

It's still very difficult to see us involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season, even with a bad run, so why not Gareth.

Will never know unless he is given the chance !!! 😃
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 13:21]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next Manager betting on 13:25 - Dec 9 with 2965 viewsdmm

As others have said, I don't think Ainsworth fits the bill at QPR. Also, I'd hate it if he came, failed and was then abused by the idiot fans among us. Look at how Les is abused and he's even more of a QPR hero than Ainsworth.
Next Manager betting on 14:00 - Dec 9 with 2704 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next Manager betting on 10:34 - Dec 7 by PlanetHonneywood

What's becoming increasingly clear when dealing with Sakura's Elbow, are the Trumpesque reaction that follows any replies that disagree with their views.

This manifests itself in several ways: initial derision of posters as being part of a cult; what seem in my view, to be efforts to misinterpret other posters' replies to reinforce their views; and then, the withering hostility that follows any post that reasonably in many cases, pulls their views apart.

It's also noticeable how, in the face of clear and virtually unanimous disagreement with their views, they seek to be portrayed as the victim of some great conspiracy.

You are entitled to your views, however disagreeable they may be. Personally, I think you're also entitled to defend those views and debate them. However, what you and none of us are entitled to do, is to seek to aggressively and at times rudely jump down people's throats because you're disagreed with, and then cry about it when posters give it back to you.

There is however, something I think many who question your views would do, which I dont think you would replicate, and that is hold their hands up and acknowledge you were right if things turned out as you predict.

If you can at least convey that level of magnanimity should your fears prove to be unfounded, then you might find engaging on this and other QPR forums considerably less fraught and more rewarding.

Alternatively, and let me word this diplomatically, simply press the ignore button for however long you wish, of any posters you think 'unworthy of your attention'. Which I'm just about to do for you both.

I'd just note in response to that sanctimonious lecture that the number of patronising/hostile/belittling/judgmental posters on this board appears to be multiplying by the day, despite the fact that one or two of us are scapegoated for such with an almost religious zeal. It makes me laugh mirthlessly how the self-styled 'nice guys' and 'voices of reason' usually turn out to have well-concealed stings in their tails, both here and in the wider world. I believe it's called projection.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 14:29]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Next Manager betting on 14:04 - Dec 9 with 2682 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next Manager betting on 19:01 - Dec 7 by hantssi

Good to know I have that tawdry function for you at least - perhaps you should get out more.

As for me or anyone 'taking over' any discussion, what claptrap that really is! And you talk of me playing the victim! It really is risible and embarrassing. Have a bit of pride, stand up for yourself as an individual, and learn to enjoy a bit of irrational fan friction where you can.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Next Manager betting on 14:50 - Dec 9 with 2627 viewskensalriser

Next Manager betting on 13:20 - Dec 9 by numptydumpty

Smart money on Ainsworth ie in from 20s to 2 /1 now !!!

He is linked every time.

Understanding his current style of play not wanted but is he 100% likely to use it.

Can't see why not give him a chance.

It's still very difficult to see us involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season, even with a bad run, so why not Gareth.

Will never know unless he is given the chance !!! 😃
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 13:21]

How do you know it's smart money until Gaz gets the job (or not)?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Manager betting on 15:40 - Dec 9 with 2491 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager betting on 14:50 - Dec 9 by kensalriser

How do you know it's smart money until Gaz gets the job (or not)?

Indeed - plenty of 'smart' money on Beale to get the Wolves job!
Next Manager betting on 17:03 - Dec 9 with 2245 viewseastside_r

Next Manager betting on 15:40 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

Indeed - plenty of 'smart' money on Beale to get the Wolves job!

The only ‘smart’ money in betting is the vast profits trousered by the betting companies.

Bookmakers - you never see a poor one.
Next Manager betting on 17:07 - Dec 9 with 2216 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager betting on 17:03 - Dec 9 by eastside_r

The only ‘smart’ money in betting is the vast profits trousered by the betting companies.

Yes a well worn phrase.

If you only have 1 loser (to the bookie) on any market and all the rest are winners, you'll (nearly always) make money - hence the number of bookmakers,

Not quite that simple because of weight of money, but usually the favourite will be a loser for the bookies, 2nd fav break even and anything else a win for them.
Next Manager betting on 18:07 - Dec 9 with 2040 viewsbillericaydicky

Gary Wiltshire might disagree.
Next Manager betting on 20:19 - Dec 9 with 1736 viewsnumptydumpty

Unfortunate turn of phrase I used

You never see a rich man in a high street bookies...

It's never smart to gamble boys and girls. Nothing good has ever come from trying put the tail onto the end of a donkey !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next Manager betting on 16:09 - Dec 11 with 1224 viewsSakura

Next Manager betting on 10:34 - Dec 7 by PlanetHonneywood

I wonder if you are aware of the irony in your post in itself being abusive, arrogant and bullying.

You are both absolutely everything you accuse others of.

If you want to ignore then do that . But don't announce it. Especially after a lengthy post which you whine of a "Trumpesque reaction that follows any replies that disagree with their views"

Have a look back through my posts on this thread and quote back to me what I said that justifies you saying that.

Then compare that with the pages of abuse the other way.

So revealing about you in your concerned reference to having the minority expressed opinion as well.

Perhaps today you can see why I was worried about us leaving a guy who has given no indication of being capable of doing the job he was given today was being left in charge.

Whatever the reason for the slowness of this appointment it's cost us massively. A real hit to the credibility of Hoos and Ferdinand the way they have handled this Beale exit
Next Manager betting on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 1214 viewsSakura

Next Manager betting on 14:29 - Dec 6 by PinnerPaul

You seriously think 8 days is 'dragging on a bit'?

Really?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 18:09]

14 days now. Or 18 since Van Bronkhorst sacked. Or 44 days since Beale’s day trip to Glasgow. Might have been a good idea to get the thought process going even then if it’s your literal job as it is for Les and Hoos

At what point am I allowed to get concerned?

Just got battered today as well with Hall in charge who is clearly incompetent
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 16:13]
Next Manager betting on 16:18 - Dec 11 with 1199 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager betting on 16:12 - Dec 11 by Sakura

14 days now. Or 18 since Van Bronkhorst sacked. Or 44 days since Beale’s day trip to Glasgow. Might have been a good idea to get the thought process going even then if it’s your literal job as it is for Les and Hoos

At what point am I allowed to get concerned?

Just got battered today as well with Hall in charge who is clearly incompetent
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 16:13]

You're allowed to be concerned whenever you like, its a free country.

8 days isn't dragging on a bit and 14 is hardly an age but as I say if you think both are then fine.

Also your assumption that the longer it 'drags on', the more likely Hall is to get the job doesn't have any basis in fact.

We were poor today, or at least the players were, but as I said in the week, when someone else said Hall should get the job if we beat Burnley - 1 match????? - Come on!

Critchley now back to 1/8 and Gareth back out to 7/1 for those interested in the odds.
Next Manager betting on 17:22 - Dec 11 with 1103 viewsSakura

Next Manager betting on 16:18 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

You're allowed to be concerned whenever you like, its a free country.

8 days isn't dragging on a bit and 14 is hardly an age but as I say if you think both are then fine.

Also your assumption that the longer it 'drags on', the more likely Hall is to get the job doesn't have any basis in fact.

We were poor today, or at least the players were, but as I said in the week, when someone else said Hall should get the job if we beat Burnley - 1 match????? - Come on!

Critchley now back to 1/8 and Gareth back out to 7/1 for those interested in the odds.

The basis in fact is the history with Ramsey getting the job when he never should have got close to it on a permanent basis. And also the West London Sport saying from the Livingston game that we wouldn't have a manager pre Burnley because of "contracts and that". Which is absolute BS

So I was worried we were repeating our past mistakes

Good news is that Hall will surely be firmly away from the 1st team for sure.

He picked George Thomas and you think ok I guess that means he will have him press like crazy for an hour and take him off when he's run his legs. But no the tactical genius had a clear instruction to not press the defence when they were outside our trigger zones so the game drifted by

I suspected from Hall's career he was incompetent and so it proved. The delay in appointing a manager. Whatever the reason has caused a lot of harm. So my concern if a “minority opinion” proved justified
Next Manager betting on 17:30 - Dec 11 with 1063 viewsPunteR

Next Manager betting on 17:22 - Dec 11 by Sakura

The basis in fact is the history with Ramsey getting the job when he never should have got close to it on a permanent basis. And also the West London Sport saying from the Livingston game that we wouldn't have a manager pre Burnley because of "contracts and that". Which is absolute BS

So I was worried we were repeating our past mistakes

Good news is that Hall will surely be firmly away from the 1st team for sure.

He picked George Thomas and you think ok I guess that means he will have him press like crazy for an hour and take him off when he's run his legs. But no the tactical genius had a clear instruction to not press the defence when they were outside our trigger zones so the game drifted by

I suspected from Hall's career he was incompetent and so it proved. The delay in appointing a manager. Whatever the reason has caused a lot of harm. So my concern if a “minority opinion” proved justified

Unfair on Hall.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024