Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masterclass..... 21:47 - May 9 with 4041 viewsBostonR

From O Neil in midfield. Did not put a foot wrong with Onuaha not far behind.
Masterclass..... on 21:48 - May 9 with 3249 views08olesen

Garry Oniel was class!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Masterclass..... on 21:48 - May 9 with 3248 viewsToast_R

He played well but in the second leg, I'd like to see a more positive line up and reckon O'Neil will have to make way.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 21:48]
Masterclass..... on 21:52 - May 9 with 3175 viewsstansleftfoot

Masterclass..... on 21:48 - May 9 by Toast_R

He played well but in the second leg, I'd like to see a more positive line up and reckon O'Neil will have to make way.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 21:48]

O'Neil is really good at housekeeping, he tidy's stuff up....but that's it.
Great choice by Redknapp, who has said Gary O'Neil never lets him down, don't think he'll score a goal, create a goal, but he really sweeps stuff up, good feet!
Masterclass..... on 22:03 - May 9 with 3092 viewssmegma

Masterclass..... on 21:52 - May 9 by stansleftfoot

O'Neil is really good at housekeeping, he tidy's stuff up....but that's it.
Great choice by Redknapp, who has said Gary O'Neil never lets him down, don't think he'll score a goal, create a goal, but he really sweeps stuff up, good feet!

You're all wrong, Jordi Gomez was MOTM.
Masterclass..... on 22:06 - May 9 with 3067 viewsNorfolk

Masterclass..... on 22:03 - May 9 by smegma

Apparently so...but how
Masterclass..... on 22:07 - May 9 with 3050 viewsloftboy

I thought that as well, mom to a player that missed a chance he would normally score.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Masterclass..... on 22:09 - May 9 with 3020 viewsstansleftfoot

Masterclass..... on 22:03 - May 9 by smegma

Was that the question? MOTM, therefore The Chief is my choice, but perhaps for the first time, only Greens flap and Dunnes pace caused any real nerves for me.
Every other player and our Manager did pretty well, great result!
Now to put Wigan in their place on Monday...bit more difficult but now the Fan's are at home. COYRrrrrs!
Masterclass..... on 22:10 - May 9 with 3007 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I did not expect that. He was excellent all game. Fair play to Rednapp who I was cussing when I saw the line up.
Login to get fewer ads

Masterclass..... on 22:10 - May 9 with 3005 viewsJuzzie

Other than the one shot I don't think Gomez offered that much. But I guess they want to give it to a supposed positive player than one who just gets on with it.
Masterclass..... on 22:27 - May 9 with 2915 viewsnorthampton_hoop

Remy was mom. Awesome display.
Masterclass..... on 22:34 - May 9 with 2856 viewsstansleftfoot

Masterclass..... on 22:10 - May 9 by oldmeadoniansR

I did not expect that. He was excellent all game. Fair play to Rednapp who I was cussing when I saw the line up.

Jordi Gomez got a lucky bounce through the legs, it could just as easily run into touch....Green couldn't get out of the way.....MOTM, Gomez.....a good game with un-surprisingly a lot of contenders. Goals win match's, so 0-0, must have a defender as MOTM...Simpson, close, it's Nedum Onouha? By some distance! MOTM!
Clint Hill would have been MOTM but my telly caught his every crime....legend!
Masterclass..... on 22:38 - May 9 with 2823 viewsbaz_qpr

Thought the Chief was MOTM by some distance, focused and won everything where the more senior defenders dropped the odd Ricket, Hill a very lucky boy
Masterclass..... on 22:42 - May 9 with 2804 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bizarre how often on here 'player does job he's asked to do' turns into 'masterclass' or 'immense'. Zamora the other week, BAE v Forest and now this. O'Neil was fine, worked hard. Solid 6/10. Well played. But masterclass? Let's not get carried away, eh?

Bare bones.

Masterclass..... on 22:48 - May 9 with 2773 viewsBostonR

Masterclass..... on 22:42 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

Bizarre how often on here 'player does job he's asked to do' turns into 'masterclass' or 'immense'. Zamora the other week, BAE v Forest and now this. O'Neil was fine, worked hard. Solid 6/10. Well played. But masterclass? Let's not get carried away, eh?

Considering the importance of the game he was outstanding . I would like to see his stats for the match and as for a 6/10 you must be joking!
Masterclass..... on 22:48 - May 9 with 2767 viewsnorthampton_hoop

[Post edited 9 May 2014 22:50]
Masterclass..... on 22:52 - May 9 with 2737 viewsbosh67

Overall a very solid performance tonight. Thought Ned and Clint marshalled the back line really well.

O'Neil was excellent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Masterclass..... on 22:53 - May 9 with 2734 viewsAntti_Heinola

Masterclass..... on 22:48 - May 9 by BostonR

Considering the importance of the game he was outstanding . I would like to see his stats for the match and as for a 6/10 you must be joking!

Bet you anything that's what Clive gives him!

Look, I'm not having a go at him at all - considering he normally gets subbed at half time i thought he was fine, as i said - worked phenomenally hard as he always does. But I didn't see anything there that could be described as a masterclass that's all! Not having a go Boston, at you or him. But it was a tight game, where neither side really took any chances and both were very cagey. I'm not sure anyone on the pitch got above a 6/10 to be honest. Did anyone really stand out? I don't think so. It was a nervy game to watch for us, but any neutral would have turned off well before the end and said 'two average sides with average players content for a draw and take their chances in the 2nd leg.' That's all!

Bare bones.

Masterclass..... on 23:01 - May 9 with 2693 viewsBlackCrowe

So to get more than 6/10 he would have had to have bicycled-kicked a goal, given several assists and headed a few off the line. Do you understand the job he was given to do and how well he did it?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Masterclass..... on 23:26 - May 9 with 2628 viewsAntti_Heinola

Masterclass..... on 23:01 - May 9 by BlackCrowe

So to get more than 6/10 he would have had to have bicycled-kicked a goal, given several assists and headed a few off the line. Do you understand the job he was given to do and how well he did it?

No, but he'd need to have created an opportunity or two, or made a truly outstanding tackle when we were short or done something out of the ordinary that would at least have had me saying 'great stuff Gary', yes.

I think we're probably just at odds as to what 6/10 means to each other! To me 6/10 is job done - nothing fancy, but done what was asked of him and didn't make any serious mistakes. There's probably a decent argument for a 7, but to me it was a solid 6 - and I'd give that mark to probably all our players, with one or two getting a 5 (through not much fault of their own) and perhaps Ned edging a 7.

What would you say his job was? He rarely got near the Wigan box, for example (and when he did his two shots were pretty dreadful!) because that clearly wasn't his job, so he never needed to take a risk or commit himself, so really there was not much danger of him being caught out of position or whatever. He had to hold in the centre and he did that well enough - although almost all of Wigan's threat, such as it was (and it wasn't a lot, which is again why I don't think anyone had an amazing game - we were never seriously tested, partly because we were compact and organised but partly because Wigan were very cagey and didn't want to take a deficit to LR) came down the flanks, where actually Hoilett, who I would say had a better all round game than O'Neil, had to work very hard in tandem with Hill, yet still carried a threat going forward. Hoilett in fact was forced to almost play left back for periods in the first half, yet still did well to get up and support the attack.
Now, that wasn't necessarily O'Neil's job (to support the attack) - he had a simple job, and did it. Fine. I'm not criticising his play AT ALL. He played well. But it's a 6, or a 7 if you want to be more positive ;), and a masterclass only in the sense of playing a very specific, very limiting role pretty well.

Bare bones.

Masterclass..... on 00:02 - May 10 with 2522 viewsYorkRanger

Masterclass..... on 23:26 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

No, but he'd need to have created an opportunity or two, or made a truly outstanding tackle when we were short or done something out of the ordinary that would at least have had me saying 'great stuff Gary', yes.

I think we're probably just at odds as to what 6/10 means to each other! To me 6/10 is job done - nothing fancy, but done what was asked of him and didn't make any serious mistakes. There's probably a decent argument for a 7, but to me it was a solid 6 - and I'd give that mark to probably all our players, with one or two getting a 5 (through not much fault of their own) and perhaps Ned edging a 7.

What would you say his job was? He rarely got near the Wigan box, for example (and when he did his two shots were pretty dreadful!) because that clearly wasn't his job, so he never needed to take a risk or commit himself, so really there was not much danger of him being caught out of position or whatever. He had to hold in the centre and he did that well enough - although almost all of Wigan's threat, such as it was (and it wasn't a lot, which is again why I don't think anyone had an amazing game - we were never seriously tested, partly because we were compact and organised but partly because Wigan were very cagey and didn't want to take a deficit to LR) came down the flanks, where actually Hoilett, who I would say had a better all round game than O'Neil, had to work very hard in tandem with Hill, yet still carried a threat going forward. Hoilett in fact was forced to almost play left back for periods in the first half, yet still did well to get up and support the attack.
Now, that wasn't necessarily O'Neil's job (to support the attack) - he had a simple job, and did it. Fine. I'm not criticising his play AT ALL. He played well. But it's a 6, or a 7 if you want to be more positive ;), and a masterclass only in the sense of playing a very specific, very limiting role pretty well.

Sorry you watched a different game to me....
Masterclass..... on 05:36 - May 10 with 2374 viewssmegma

Masterclass..... on 22:07 - May 9 by loftboy

I thought that as well, mom to a player that missed a chance he would normally score.

Bizarre to say the least . Had to be either Ned or Clint for me.
Masterclass..... on 10:58 - May 10 with 2143 viewsMancR

Masterclass? I don't think so. Better in the centre than out wide. Worked tirelessly in a pretty solid defensive display. But couple of wayward passes that went for throw ins and a pathetic shot from a really good dummy on the edge of the box that a bloke in Row R caught.
He did better than he normally does- he didn't get subbed like he normally does.
Ned was MOM by a long way
Masterclass..... on 11:08 - May 10 with 2116 viewsAntti_Heinola

Masterclass..... on 00:02 - May 10 by YorkRanger

Sorry you watched a different game to me....

fair do's, all about opinions.
Which game did you watch? Was there some Italian football on Sky Sports 2? ;)

Bare bones.

Masterclass..... on 11:35 - May 10 with 2073 viewskomradkirk

thought we did well enough,they didn't like it when we started giving some physicals back.
we still need to beware as wigan have been well schooled in the dark arts the last few years.
Masterclass..... on 16:40 - May 10 with 1897 viewsYorkRanger

Masterclass..... on 11:08 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

fair do's, all about opinions.
Which game did you watch? Was there some Italian football on Sky Sports 2? ;)

I was there AH....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024