Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 15:50 - Mar 11 with 15902 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-mark-drakeford-wales-l

I cannot believe this!! Many, many people are suffering and instead of giving them hope, he chooses to give them despair.

libera nos a malo

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 17:57 - Mar 29 with 1290 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 17:02 - Mar 29 by Boundy

, The rise is because the kids have gone back to school , and nothing to do with hospitality

It isnt true. Cases throughout Wales have gone down not up since schools returned. My stepson is a headmaster of a comp. From September to December they had 15 cases for in excess 500 pupils and Staff. DVLA has had over 500 cases for 6000 staff. At a similar rate the school would have had 300 cases.

The situation has increased in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot yet many parts of Wales has fallen at the same time. Dont they have schools as well.

The reality is that when schools opened last June the figures continued to drop as they did when shops opened amongst other things. When pubs opened in August the figures rose and continued after. When pubs closed in December the figures dropped.

There is likely to be an increase this week due to people mixing in each others houses to watch the grand slam game. Hopefully it will be minimal but we will know by the end of the week.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:07 - Mar 29 with 1280 viewsexhmrc1

Of the 125 positive test today 1 was from 21 March 2 on 24 March 7 on 25 March 59 on 26 March and 56 on 27 March.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:29 - Mar 29 with 1264 viewsWhiterockin

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 17:57 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

It isnt true. Cases throughout Wales have gone down not up since schools returned. My stepson is a headmaster of a comp. From September to December they had 15 cases for in excess 500 pupils and Staff. DVLA has had over 500 cases for 6000 staff. At a similar rate the school would have had 300 cases.

The situation has increased in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot yet many parts of Wales has fallen at the same time. Dont they have schools as well.

The reality is that when schools opened last June the figures continued to drop as they did when shops opened amongst other things. When pubs opened in August the figures rose and continued after. When pubs closed in December the figures dropped.

There is likely to be an increase this week due to people mixing in each others houses to watch the grand slam game. Hopefully it will be minimal but we will know by the end of the week.

The situation last June is totally different to now. The vaccine roll out has changed everything. IMO the main issue is schools, the parents of school children are in the age group (in general) not to have been vaccinated. Yes they are of a lower risk for serious illness but not to pass the virus on.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:45 - Mar 29 with 1244 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:29 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

The situation last June is totally different to now. The vaccine roll out has changed everything. IMO the main issue is schools, the parents of school children are in the age group (in general) not to have been vaccinated. Yes they are of a lower risk for serious illness but not to pass the virus on.

The increase seems to be very localised. Its basically down to one estate in Swansea.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:46 - Mar 29 with 1245 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:29 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

It doesnt look like schools are the problem
22 Feb 319
29 March 125

The amounts have more than halved throughout Wales since schools opened.

This is why they were opened over 3 phases as advised by the WHO.

What might cause a problem is university students living in HMOs and Halls and coming from elsewhere and mixing. Probably need 2-3 weeks after coming to see the effect before making further changes. Last year it had a small effect and should settle after 2 weeks.

The vaccine roll up will eventually have an impact and is now having an impact on deaths. The issue is that pubs will have mostly younger people who wont have been vaccinated and unless there is a way to keep people from different households apart it will spread again. Similarly with nightclubs they are mainly frequented by younger age groups. This will also apply largely to holiday makers. Until such time as younger people are vaccinated it will continue to be a problem.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:10 - Mar 29 with 1224 viewsWhiterockin

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:46 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

It doesnt look like schools are the problem
22 Feb 319
29 March 125

The amounts have more than halved throughout Wales since schools opened.

This is why they were opened over 3 phases as advised by the WHO.

What might cause a problem is university students living in HMOs and Halls and coming from elsewhere and mixing. Probably need 2-3 weeks after coming to see the effect before making further changes. Last year it had a small effect and should settle after 2 weeks.

The vaccine roll up will eventually have an impact and is now having an impact on deaths. The issue is that pubs will have mostly younger people who wont have been vaccinated and unless there is a way to keep people from different households apart it will spread again. Similarly with nightclubs they are mainly frequented by younger age groups. This will also apply largely to holiday makers. Until such time as younger people are vaccinated it will continue to be a problem.

What might cause a problem is university students living in HMOs and Halls and coming from elsewhere and mixing

Just to point out students have been back for several weeks in Swansea.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:22 - Mar 29 with 1216 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:10 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

What might cause a problem is university students living in HMOs and Halls and coming from elsewhere and mixing

Just to point out students have been back for several weeks in Swansea.

I didnt know that as I have been shielding. I thought they were told to go home.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:24 - Mar 29 with 1170 viewsWhiterockin

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:22 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

I didnt know that as I have been shielding. I thought they were told to go home.

No they have been here for weeks, has this affected the case rate in central Swansea.
Login to get fewer ads

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 23:50 - Mar 29 with 1153 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:24 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

No they have been here for weeks, has this affected the case rate in central Swansea.

I doubt it. It hasnt affected the rate in Brynmill, Uplands or Sketty. Brynmill has the highest in Swansea West todaywith 5 cases in a week. Uplands has 3 cases today having been 0-2 for the rest of the week and Sketty 0-2 for the last week.

If they have been here for weeks then clearly they havent had much impact.

When you look at the areas concerned they arent really student areas. You wont get too many students in Mynyddbach, Penderi, Morriston or Landore and even less so in Ystalyfera and GCG, Pontardawe or Ystradgynlais. It very much looks like a lack of discipline with people ignoring the rules. Pontardawe had 0-2 4 days ago and has started picking up cases as they have spread from the Ystalyfera area.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 06:58 - Mar 30 with 1118 viewsWhiterockin

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 23:50 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

I doubt it. It hasnt affected the rate in Brynmill, Uplands or Sketty. Brynmill has the highest in Swansea West todaywith 5 cases in a week. Uplands has 3 cases today having been 0-2 for the rest of the week and Sketty 0-2 for the last week.

If they have been here for weeks then clearly they havent had much impact.

When you look at the areas concerned they arent really student areas. You wont get too many students in Mynyddbach, Penderi, Morriston or Landore and even less so in Ystalyfera and GCG, Pontardawe or Ystradgynlais. It very much looks like a lack of discipline with people ignoring the rules. Pontardawe had 0-2 4 days ago and has started picking up cases as they have spread from the Ystalyfera area.

Swansea central 3rd highest rate in Swansea according to this. Far higher than Ystragynlais.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/communities-wales-highest-levels-c

Swansea

Mynydd-bach 374

Morriston South 118.4

Central Swansea 116.7
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 7:08]
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 07:24 - Mar 30 with 1101 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:24 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

There are a few here but not really that many.

It's very different this time as they've been tested before they came back and we've been in lockdown for over 3 months.

It was a problem back in the Autumn, this time it is down to a handful of families in Clase losing discipline.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 10:39 - Mar 30 with 1059 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 06:58 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

Swansea central 3rd highest rate in Swansea according to this. Far higher than Ystragynlais.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/communities-wales-highest-levels-c

Swansea

Mynydd-bach 374

Morriston South 118.4

Central Swansea 116.7
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 7:08]

If you take a look at Neath Port Talbot figures Ystalyfera and GCG would be second in the area below Mynyddbach. As you said previously the figures are slightly out of date. There has been an increase in other areas since with Pontardawe and Ystradgynlais increasing as has Penderi, Landore and Ravenhill.

The 2 places where the main problem has come are Mynyddbach and Ystalyfera but the movement is happening in adjoining areas.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:01 - Mar 30 with 1004 viewsDr_Winston

As Chris Whitty correctly stated, the removal of restrictions will in all likelihood result in an increase in cases. If that increase in cases doesn't lead to an increase in hospitalisation then we're in good nick.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:31 - Mar 31 with 935 viewsScotia

England are following a cautious unlocking road map supported by Sage, but Wales are opening outdoor hospitality two weeks later than England with indoor hospitality and gym's up to a month later.

What is the justification for this?

This bloke has got to go.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:58 - Mar 31 with 925 viewsFlashberryjack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:31 - Mar 31 by Scotia

England are following a cautious unlocking road map supported by Sage, but Wales are opening outdoor hospitality two weeks later than England with indoor hospitality and gym's up to a month later.

What is the justification for this?

This bloke has got to go.

1 death and 60 new infections in Wales today.

"Data not dates" said Drakeford, we'll see if the data influences the relaxing of restrictions regarding outdoor hospitality come Friday, he'll probably just stick to his usual different to Boris rule, because he can.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:14 - Mar 31 with 917 viewsDr_Winston

Drakeford's biggest problem is that he doesn't understand that people need hope. All these declarations of "No Back to Normal" and "Things that will still exist despite vaccines" are doing is encouraging people to think, "F*ck it, might as well".

Even if the roadmap elsewhere allows for later loosening, it's with a view to lifing all restrictions as soon as possible. In Wales you get the impression that restrictions are lifted grudgingly, that they'd really rather not as they'll only have to impose them again later.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:21 - Mar 31 with 908 viewsBoundy

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:14 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

Drakeford's biggest problem is that he doesn't understand that people need hope. All these declarations of "No Back to Normal" and "Things that will still exist despite vaccines" are doing is encouraging people to think, "F*ck it, might as well".

Even if the roadmap elsewhere allows for later loosening, it's with a view to lifing all restrictions as soon as possible. In Wales you get the impression that restrictions are lifted grudgingly, that they'd really rather not as they'll only have to impose them again later.

I agree , its got to the stage that if all we can expect is more of the same then even after the vaccination programme then I'll take my chance and I expect many more feel the same way .
Life is a risk this is just one more to add to the list

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 888 viewsmax936

I can see another Lockdown come Autumn into Winter, there's more twists to come with this virus unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong of course.
I think even with the vaccine, people with serious health issues will get really ill with Covid, I don't think any vaccine can offer 100% protection, think the difference between 100% and whatever the vaccine offers will determine that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:40 - Mar 31 with 884 viewsDr_Winston

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:36 - Mar 31 by max936

I can see another Lockdown come Autumn into Winter, there's more twists to come with this virus unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong of course.
I think even with the vaccine, people with serious health issues will get really ill with Covid, I don't think any vaccine can offer 100% protection, think the difference between 100% and whatever the vaccine offers will determine that.

If the stories are true and the Covid lockdowns will result in an inevitable surge in flu next Autumn/Winter then another lockdown may happen. It shouldn't, but it may.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:54 - Mar 31 with 880 viewsmax936

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:40 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

If the stories are true and the Covid lockdowns will result in an inevitable surge in flu next Autumn/Winter then another lockdown may happen. It shouldn't, but it may.

Been on pins since this pandemic started, mainly because of my youngest, and my parents, my eldest works away as well, plus me and the Mrs ages, my lad had his first jab 9th feb, Mrs week later be due their second in around a month, Im had mine a fortnight ago, both my parents have had theirs, but even so, nobody knows what will happen if we do come into contact with it, my eldest is late 20's so don't know when he'll have his jab,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:55 - Mar 31 with 880 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:21 - Mar 31 by Boundy

I agree , its got to the stage that if all we can expect is more of the same then even after the vaccination programme then I'll take my chance and I expect many more feel the same way .
Life is a risk this is just one more to add to the list

It isnt more of the same though. Hotels and caravan parks have opened earlier than England as has hairdressers. Other things will open later. If you and others decide not to follow it things will get worse. We are already seeing the idiots in Clase and Briton Ferry ignoring the rules and look at what is happening. Why are Swansea and Neath Port Talbot amongst the highest areas in Wales.

Tourism and Hairdressers in England could complain. Why are we having to remain closed whilst places in Wales stay open.

As for Whitty and co they were the same people who backed opening everything last year and look where that got the whole UK.

There are many of you on here who try to say that you are not Tories yet support their policies.

The single most important thing for all of us should be to prevent another lockdown. The evidence from last year clearly shows that before pubs opened the rate continued to drop. After they opened it started escalating. In December it reached a peak. 2 weeks after closing pubs it started dropping and has continued since. This was before lockdown took effect.

As far as vaccines are concerned less than 1/2 have had a single dose and 1/8 have been fully vaccinated. You may have had the vaccine as have i but millions havent.

People who frequent pubs and even more so nightclubs tend to be younger. They havent been vaccinated yet and are not likely to until July. It will then take 3 weeks for it to be effective and they probably wont have their 2nd vaccinations until Autumn. This largely applies to foreign holidays as well. They could bring back a new variant which the vaccines wont respond to.

It is far too early to make rash decisions. We have done that once and look where that got us. If we are wise we wont do the same again.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 07:24 - Apr 1 with 846 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:55 - Mar 31 by exhmrc1

It isnt more of the same though. Hotels and caravan parks have opened earlier than England as has hairdressers. Other things will open later. If you and others decide not to follow it things will get worse. We are already seeing the idiots in Clase and Briton Ferry ignoring the rules and look at what is happening. Why are Swansea and Neath Port Talbot amongst the highest areas in Wales.

Tourism and Hairdressers in England could complain. Why are we having to remain closed whilst places in Wales stay open.

As for Whitty and co they were the same people who backed opening everything last year and look where that got the whole UK.

There are many of you on here who try to say that you are not Tories yet support their policies.

The single most important thing for all of us should be to prevent another lockdown. The evidence from last year clearly shows that before pubs opened the rate continued to drop. After they opened it started escalating. In December it reached a peak. 2 weeks after closing pubs it started dropping and has continued since. This was before lockdown took effect.

As far as vaccines are concerned less than 1/2 have had a single dose and 1/8 have been fully vaccinated. You may have had the vaccine as have i but millions havent.

People who frequent pubs and even more so nightclubs tend to be younger. They havent been vaccinated yet and are not likely to until July. It will then take 3 weeks for it to be effective and they probably wont have their 2nd vaccinations until Autumn. This largely applies to foreign holidays as well. They could bring back a new variant which the vaccines wont respond to.

It is far too early to make rash decisions. We have done that once and look where that got us. If we are wise we wont do the same again.

It's not more of the same you're right.

I can have my haircut and travel the length of the country but children aren't in school. Do you think that is right?

We have the lowest circulation of virus in the UK, the lowest hospitalisation rate since the pandemic started and the highest vaccine rate.

Yet we are still opening later than the sage supported and cautious road map in England keeping people on furlough and people out of gym's.

It's being different for the sake of being different.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 08:29 - Apr 1 with 831 viewsBoundy

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:55 - Mar 31 by exhmrc1

I have my opinion, you yours ,just why you feel the need to post a never ending eulogy to Drakeford at every opportunity is boring to be honest

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 08:40 - Apr 1 with 824 viewsSlugster664

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:22 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

A lot of students have stayed here in Swansea during the pandemic, just kept themselves to themselves.

STID

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 08:56 - Apr 1 with 819 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 08:29 - Apr 1 by Boundy

I have my opinion, you yours ,just why you feel the need to post a never ending eulogy to Drakeford at every opportunity is boring to be honest

Drakeford does no wrong in the taxman's eyes.

He can happily shield at home taking his pension, he doesn't care the rest of Wales have to earn a wage.

You can point our Drakefords massive mistakes but he ignores them and calls you a Tory.

He now seems to think that Drakeford knows more about handling the situation than sage and Professors Whitty and Vallance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024