Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 15:50 - Mar 11 with 15683 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-mark-drakeford-wales-l

I cannot believe this!! Many, many people are suffering and instead of giving them hope, he chooses to give them despair.

libera nos a malo

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:18 - Mar 19 with 1310 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:07 - Mar 19 by Flashberryjack

Do they follow Sage advise ?

No they follow independent advice from the Welsh advisers which basically is sage advice but can differ. Both should be following WHO advice anyway.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:25 - Mar 19 with 1307 viewsDr_Winston

Would that be the WHO who basically parrotted everything the Chinese Govt told them early doors?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:30 - Mar 19 with 1300 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:54 - Mar 19 by majorraglan

The gym I used to use has no natural ventilation, it’s cooled by air con and there’s is also an air handling unit which recycles air by mixing it with incoming fresh air, so I can understand their concern, especially if the track and trace data has previously identified being an issue. I know a few other gyms locally which have similar set ups.

One employer I know has been exploring installing a high powered uv filter in to the heating system, but it’s serious bucks.

Everywhere is different I completely agree, but it's not beyond the wit of man to identify places that can safely open.

I wouldn't think that the budget gyms in Swansea are safe to open but others are.

My gym has a maximum of 10 people attending at one time and a huge open roller shutter door. It's safe, it doesn't need to wait a month to open.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:40 - Mar 19 with 1286 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:17 - Mar 19 by exhmrc1

False again. Most schoolchildren are in school. Years 1-6 in primary and 11-13 in secondary. Only years that are not back are years 7-9 and years 10 1nd 12 are back in some schools.

Luckily your not in charge and we have Ministers who actually follow the medical and scientific advice given rather than ignoring it. Our Education Minister has no axe to grind. She is leaving at the coming election and is not part of the ruling party. She has said on numerous occasions and this has been backed up by the Medical Advisers that the WHO advice was to open schools slowly to prevent a rise in the R rate. She has rightly followed that advice. You and Johnson want to ignore it.

The UK government is not following the advice of their advisers or national advisers but you welcome that.

As far as opening hairdressers is concerned when they were opened last year there was no spike in cases. In fact, they fell. When pubs were opened indoors as well as gyms cases rose and continued to do so. There is evidence elsewhere of spikes due to gyms opening. Let us ignore all that and just open for your sake and go back into the spiral again.

We have an election shortly. it would be extremely stupid to bring in a policy now when a new government might change track. As Rhun Ap Iorweth announced again today it would be foolish to set plans for a set date in July when we dont know what position we will be in. Whoever will be in government in May will be able to set the agenda from that date onwards.

Professors Whitty and Vallance clearly agreeing with the Westminster approach is enough for me.

You seem to have a personal interpretation of what Rhun Ap Iorwerth says, I'm not surprised as you obviously exist in a different reality if you think we can wait until the election to plan what's happening after it.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:49 - Mar 19 with 1277 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:25 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

Would that be the WHO who basically parrotted everything the Chinese Govt told them early doors?

No surprise that you are following the Donald Trump line. They are the world's leading body but you want to ignore their advice thinking you know better.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 23:01 - Mar 19 with 1261 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 22:40 - Mar 19 by Scotia

Professors Whitty and Vallance clearly agreeing with the Westminster approach is enough for me.

You seem to have a personal interpretation of what Rhun Ap Iorwerth says, I'm not surprised as you obviously exist in a different reality if you think we can wait until the election to plan what's happening after it.

Here is an example of MOST schoolchildren being back and this doesnt even include Primary schools.

Just for you to be aware, secondary headteachers in Swansea were very keen for there to be a unified approach across all the authority’s secondary schools in order for there not to be confusion amongst parents and in order to prevent unhelpful comparisons being drawn between schools.

Consequently, all pupils in Years 11 and 13 will return to Olchfa on Monday, March 15th. All pupils in Years 10 and 12 will return to Olchfa on Thursday, March 18th. Once these year groups are back in school they will stay back in school for all of their time. Remote learning will stop for those year groups at the point at which they return to school.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 23:16 - Mar 19 with 1258 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 23:01 - Mar 19 by exhmrc1

Here is an example of MOST schoolchildren being back and this doesnt even include Primary schools.

Just for you to be aware, secondary headteachers in Swansea were very keen for there to be a unified approach across all the authority’s secondary schools in order for there not to be confusion amongst parents and in order to prevent unhelpful comparisons being drawn between schools.

Consequently, all pupils in Years 11 and 13 will return to Olchfa on Monday, March 15th. All pupils in Years 10 and 12 will return to Olchfa on Thursday, March 18th. Once these year groups are back in school they will stay back in school for all of their time. Remote learning will stop for those year groups at the point at which they return to school.

So is getting a hair cut more important than the education of those weren't in school on March 15th?
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 00:20 - Mar 20 with 1239 viewsJack123

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 21:17 - Mar 19 by exhmrc1

False again. Most schoolchildren are in school. Years 1-6 in primary and 11-13 in secondary. Only years that are not back are years 7-9 and years 10 1nd 12 are back in some schools.

Luckily your not in charge and we have Ministers who actually follow the medical and scientific advice given rather than ignoring it. Our Education Minister has no axe to grind. She is leaving at the coming election and is not part of the ruling party. She has said on numerous occasions and this has been backed up by the Medical Advisers that the WHO advice was to open schools slowly to prevent a rise in the R rate. She has rightly followed that advice. You and Johnson want to ignore it.

The UK government is not following the advice of their advisers or national advisers but you welcome that.

As far as opening hairdressers is concerned when they were opened last year there was no spike in cases. In fact, they fell. When pubs were opened indoors as well as gyms cases rose and continued to do so. There is evidence elsewhere of spikes due to gyms opening. Let us ignore all that and just open for your sake and go back into the spiral again.

We have an election shortly. it would be extremely stupid to bring in a policy now when a new government might change track. As Rhun Ap Iorweth announced again today it would be foolish to set plans for a set date in July when we dont know what position we will be in. Whoever will be in government in May will be able to set the agenda from that date onwards.

Just remember what we were told ' 3 weeks to flatten the curve they said'.

Here we are a year later! I really think some people want to stay like this for years, (and that's not a personal attack on you) it's all down to the government scaremongering campaign.

I know it Bs, many other people know it's BS, but unless we do something, I fear we will be going through this lockdown cycle for a good few years yet.

Surely some of the most avid lockdown enthusiasts, must surely sense in their bones something is not right.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 01:03 - Mar 20 with 1228 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 00:20 - Mar 20 by Jack123

Just remember what we were told ' 3 weeks to flatten the curve they said'.

Here we are a year later! I really think some people want to stay like this for years, (and that's not a personal attack on you) it's all down to the government scaremongering campaign.

I know it Bs, many other people know it's BS, but unless we do something, I fear we will be going through this lockdown cycle for a good few years yet.

Surely some of the most avid lockdown enthusiasts, must surely sense in their bones something is not right.

I doubt we will be in this for years. Hopefully the vaccine will prevent that. It is likely some things will remain open but other more risky might not.

Probably the biggest risk to us is new variants and these are most likely to be brought here through people travelling.

If you look at the evidence from last summer the figures stayed low whilst schools, shops and tourism reopened. They kept low whilst hairdressers opened and hospitality opened outdoors. They only started rising when hospitality opened indoors, gyms opened and people returned from abroad.

Obviously there are lessons to be learned from that.

Things are a bit different now. We have vaccinated millions and that should prevent large scale deaths as the most at risk will have been vaccinated. However we are 2 or more months off all at risk having received 2 doses.

It is likely to take a further 4 months before all adults will have received their first dose and 3 weeks more for it to have taken effect so you are looking at late August before we reach the ideal position. As long as no variant is brought here at that stage there will be very few cases.

I suspect by June the risks might be much lower as all highly at risk will have been vaccinated. There has been 40 deaths in Wales in the last week. Previously it was more than that daily and the numbers will decline as more at risk will be vaccinated. Once all over 50s have had 2 doses I suspect most things will be opened fairly safely although travel will continue to be problematic. It is just too early to decide what will happen months ahead as vaccine take up in younger groups is unknown and we dont know whether there will be new variants which might prove resistant to the current viruses.

There is an interesting article in the Daily Mail today on how international travel brought in the virus last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/travel-corridors-allowed-significant-amoun
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:19]
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 10:19 - Mar 20 with 1168 viewscontroversial_jack

On the subject of travelling, Europe is starting to experience a third wave. It would be insanity to reopen travel to the mainland, we should wait until that's in decline, especially as the Uk is usually 2 weeks behind Europe
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 1152 viewstrampie

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:35 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

It says in that article schools aren’t fully open. Which is what I said.

Full return is after Easter. All kids in all age groups here have been back for two weeks now.

I have to wait foe m6 haircut of course, but overall, I think that’s less important than education (marginally...)

A school teacher told me in the week (well head teacher) that he did not think the schools should open because of the possibility that the third wave of Covid in Europe was in part possibly down to the schools opening back up before everyone has had their jabs, school children are notorious for carrying all sorts or germs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:27 - Mar 20 with 1139 viewsbuilthjack

Haircut today.
Thanks Marky D.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:31 - Mar 20 with 1135 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 10:19 - Mar 20 by controversial_jack

On the subject of travelling, Europe is starting to experience a third wave. It would be insanity to reopen travel to the mainland, we should wait until that's in decline, especially as the Uk is usually 2 weeks behind Europe

Agreed. The UK borders should remain closed as a precaution. Absolute madness for mass travel when we are nowhere near out of the woods yet

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:42 - Mar 20 with 1128 viewsmax936

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:31 - Mar 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. The UK borders should remain closed as a precaution. Absolute madness for mass travel when we are nowhere near out of the woods yet

People are craving to jump on a plane and hit the hotspots, madness imo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:43 - Mar 20 with 1127 viewsmax936

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 11:31 - Mar 20 by Brynmill_Jack

You had your Jab yet Brynnie?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 12:09 - Mar 20 with 1117 viewsJack123

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 01:03 - Mar 20 by exhmrc1

I doubt we will be in this for years. Hopefully the vaccine will prevent that. It is likely some things will remain open but other more risky might not.

Probably the biggest risk to us is new variants and these are most likely to be brought here through people travelling.

If you look at the evidence from last summer the figures stayed low whilst schools, shops and tourism reopened. They kept low whilst hairdressers opened and hospitality opened outdoors. They only started rising when hospitality opened indoors, gyms opened and people returned from abroad.

Obviously there are lessons to be learned from that.

Things are a bit different now. We have vaccinated millions and that should prevent large scale deaths as the most at risk will have been vaccinated. However we are 2 or more months off all at risk having received 2 doses.

It is likely to take a further 4 months before all adults will have received their first dose and 3 weeks more for it to have taken effect so you are looking at late August before we reach the ideal position. As long as no variant is brought here at that stage there will be very few cases.

I suspect by June the risks might be much lower as all highly at risk will have been vaccinated. There has been 40 deaths in Wales in the last week. Previously it was more than that daily and the numbers will decline as more at risk will be vaccinated. Once all over 50s have had 2 doses I suspect most things will be opened fairly safely although travel will continue to be problematic. It is just too early to decide what will happen months ahead as vaccine take up in younger groups is unknown and we dont know whether there will be new variants which might prove resistant to the current viruses.

There is an interesting article in the Daily Mail today on how international travel brought in the virus last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/travel-corridors-allowed-significant-amoun
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:19]

I think this will be going on for years, IMHO covid is just a red herring, there's some nasty stuff going on, all going un-noticed by the majority, because the focus is all on covid.

libera nos a malo

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 14:15 - Mar 20 with 1079 viewsonehunglow

There are untold number just unable to be sensible,to wear a mask even.We cannot control this covid as we are. When we accept life ha changed then maybe we have a chance.

Meanwhile,our Home ec under pressure to allow demonstrations as its our right.Personally I think people should have the bet chance of living and avoiding this curse rathet than allowing those obsessed with demoeing-against anything.

Climate change was favorite .Now it seems overshadowed.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 1074 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 14:15 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

There are untold number just unable to be sensible,to wear a mask even.We cannot control this covid as we are. When we accept life ha changed then maybe we have a chance.

Meanwhile,our Home ec under pressure to allow demonstrations as its our right.Personally I think people should have the bet chance of living and avoiding this curse rathet than allowing those obsessed with demoeing-against anything.

Climate change was favorite .Now it seems overshadowed.

I totally agree with you. Now instead the time for protests. Maybe in a few months time things might be different.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 1070 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 12:09 - Mar 20 by Jack123

I think this will be going on for years, IMHO covid is just a red herring, there's some nasty stuff going on, all going un-noticed by the majority, because the focus is all on covid.

i dont see it going on for years. There maybe some problems with overseas travel but as long as we stop other variants coming here we should be in a position in 6 months or a year to move on. Things like handwashing and social distancing might be here for some time but generally once all are vaccinated the cases and deaths will become very low. Hopefully most will have enough sense to get vaccinated as that is our way out of it and indeed it will be for the rest of the world as well.

The evidence at the moment is suggesting that most in the high risk areas are heeding the advice. We currently have around 94% of those over 65s vaccinated in Wales and it is slightly higher locally. I suspect it will drop as we go down age groups but hopefully it will be high enough to stop people getting seriously ill and dying.

Vaccines arent new. The flu vaccine is given every year and has kept the deaths from flu to very low levels. Hopefully the same will happen with this.

The amounts dying under 50 are not that much higher than through flu so I see no reason for everything to remain closed as long as Johnson doesnt do as he already has and left viruses in.

You might think covid is a red herring. An old workmate of mine died with it. Others have been very ill with it. It certainly isnt a red herring to many who have suffered it.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:03 - Mar 20 with 1067 viewsonehunglow

Odd to agree with you Taxy but I see things independently and have no political ./nationalistic agenda.

Patel is a shocking Home Sec and not for reasons the left think.

Police officers should have has her support over that illegal dangerous "peaceful demo "last week that saw 26 arrested and Police officers pat and pyssed over for the thankless job of restraining screaming white middle class Pippas from having a jolly exciting day out at everyone else's expense.

So now,it's ok that people die because Liberty ay it's out right to demonstrate.

It is not a right at all.

Never have we so needed a truly strong Government of committed and sensible politicians to truly mark people's cards.

We have killed ,what160,000 people.Yet,ou firsst impulse is to party.

The cretin who owns Wetherspoons understandably hammering lockdown mayhem.It is all about his business and wealth.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 1059 viewslondonlisa2001

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:03 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

Odd to agree with you Taxy but I see things independently and have no political ./nationalistic agenda.

Police officers should have has her support over that illegal dangerous "peaceful demo "last week that saw 26 arrested and Police officers pat and pyssed over for the thankless job of restraining screaming white middle class Pippas from having a jolly exciting day out at everyone else's expense.

So now,it's ok that people die because Liberty ay it's out right to demonstrate.

Never have we so needed a truly strong Government of committed and sensible politicians to truly mark people's cards.

The cretin who owns Wetherspoons understandably hammering lockdown mayhem.It is all about his business and wealth.

It wasn’t illegal.

It wasn’t dangerous.

The police behaved appallingly and caused trouble where there wouldn’t have been any.

Note the absence of police at today’s anti lockdown demo. I guess it being largely male means that they don’t fancy it as much?

Of course peaceful protest is a right. It is our most sacred right.

A young woman is far more likely to suffer harm at the hands of an attacker than she is at the hands of Covid. How long exactly do you expect them to stay silent so that you can feel safer? You’ve been vaccinated. Shut up. You’re so self entitled it’s sickening.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:37 - Mar 20 with 1048 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 10:19 - Mar 20 by controversial_jack

The uk is 5 weeks ahead of the EU in vaccinations

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:56 - Mar 20 with 1031 viewsFlashberryjack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:20 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

It wasn’t illegal.

It wasn’t dangerous.

The police behaved appallingly and caused trouble where there wouldn’t have been any.

Note the absence of police at today’s anti lockdown demo. I guess it being largely male means that they don’t fancy it as much?

Of course peaceful protest is a right. It is our most sacred right.

A young woman is far more likely to suffer harm at the hands of an attacker than she is at the hands of Covid. How long exactly do you expect them to stay silent so that you can feel safer? You’ve been vaccinated. Shut up. You’re so self entitled it’s sickening.

Absolute nonsense.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:01 - Mar 20 with 1027 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:03 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

I dont say what I do because of party or nationality. I believe that Drakeford and Gething have acted sensibly whilst Johnson and Co havent. Many dont like the Welsh Government either because of political leanings or wanting to open things up quicker. I dont believe we should rush to open up. Public safety comes first.

I didnt agree with opening borders and people returning and passing on the virus including the newer variants. I didnt agree with Johnson opening pubs when he did or opening stadia.

The effect of his actions have been the catalyst for many deaths.

As far as supporting police I fully agree with you. This isnt the time for protests and I dont care for what purpose. Having hundreds or thousands gathering is absolutely irresponsible in the current situation.

You constantly attempt to see my use of figures as nationalistic. It isnt. It is simply to show how well Drakeford's cautious policies have worked compared to Johnson's right wing agenda and trying to keep things open rather than preventing covid and Deaths.

I wont comment on the idiot that owns Wetherspoons. I wont use his pubs again and that probably says enough.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:30 - Mar 20 with 1009 viewsFlashberryjack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:01 - Mar 20 by exhmrc1

I dont say what I do because of party or nationality. I believe that Drakeford and Gething have acted sensibly whilst Johnson and Co havent. Many dont like the Welsh Government either because of political leanings or wanting to open things up quicker. I dont believe we should rush to open up. Public safety comes first.

I didnt agree with opening borders and people returning and passing on the virus including the newer variants. I didnt agree with Johnson opening pubs when he did or opening stadia.

The effect of his actions have been the catalyst for many deaths.

As far as supporting police I fully agree with you. This isnt the time for protests and I dont care for what purpose. Having hundreds or thousands gathering is absolutely irresponsible in the current situation.

You constantly attempt to see my use of figures as nationalistic. It isnt. It is simply to show how well Drakeford's cautious policies have worked compared to Johnson's right wing agenda and trying to keep things open rather than preventing covid and Deaths.

I wont comment on the idiot that owns Wetherspoons. I wont use his pubs again and that probably says enough.

"Wetherspoons. I wont use his pubs again and that probably says enough"

If your mate has his way, you won't have the opportunity.

Btw, do you agree with lowering the voting age to 16, and do you agree with black history lesson being made compulsory in Welsh schools ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024