Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" 17:35 - Apr 18 with 24293 viewsPentyrchJack

What a caper and where was any attempt at social distancing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52338058

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Police caught on camera threatening to on 15:13 - Apr 22 with 1909 viewsJinxy

Police caught on camera threatening to on 14:08 - Apr 22 by FieryJack

As far as this copper's fate goes: hopefully his employer takes a measured and moderate response - maybe a severe reprimand, coupled with a period of probation.

However, I feel it would be a great shame if he were sacked just because Lancashire Police felt pressured into it by PR considerations.

It would be interesting to know what other police officers think about it.

As far as making "assumptions due to attire, accents, demeanour and so on", I'm ashamed to say that, despite my best efforts, I'm forever making negative judgemental comments about other people - much to my girlfriend's annoyance.

And, no, it's not quad-bike racing council-estate lads that get my goat. But many a Saturday night out has been spoilt by my constant whining about how loud-voiced, gentrifying, middle-class, entitled 20-somethings have taken over the local pubs.

And as for stubble-chinned bikers with LLynfi Valley accents - well, you're just clearly looking for trouble, aren't you

Absolutely - hey don't knock it mind...!
Yes, it's human nature re the accents etc. thing - I'm as guilty as the next stubble-chinned biker with a LLynfi Valley accent. I referred earlier to a policeman I had an altercation with as "ginger haired with a heavy scouse accent" lol. In my defense, they were simple facts but it is all too easy to judge a book. I remember a friend of mine once making a school"girl" error by assuming one of the rugby mums was, well, just a mum I think she put it, simply because she dressed down when watching her boy play and also had a habit of wearing wild colours! I knew her also in her professional capacity - she was global head of continuous improvement at a leading chemical plant, based in Barry but responsibilities worldwide, also ex site manager there. Lovely woman, very humble too given her position. My friend was quite shocked when I told her.

Anyway, totally agree it would be so wrong for our friend PC Plod to be punished heavier than he should be due to PR stuff, as you say, but these days people want to be seen to be dong the right things eh. Again, personally I think he should be dismissed regardless.
Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 16:33 - Apr 22 with 1854 viewscontroversial_jack

Misconduct in public office can lead to a substantial prison sentence.
Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 21:37 - Apr 22 with 1794 viewsNotLoyal

Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 16:33 - Apr 22 by controversial_jack

Misconduct in public office can lead to a substantial prison sentence.

So can killing people mate 👍
But this isn't misconduct in a public office.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 22:00 - Apr 22 with 1771 viewscontroversial_jack

Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 21:37 - Apr 22 by NotLoyal

It applies to police officers
Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a cha on 22:22 - Apr 22 with 1759 viewsSirjohnalot

Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a charge" on 21:37 - Apr 22 by NotLoyal

I agree, he’s a tit but not a criminal tit

The offence is committed when:

a public officer acting as such;
wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself;
to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder;
without reasonable excuse or justification.

Example, a police officer taking a statement from a victim of domestic violence who’s very vulnerable and taking advantage by sleeping with her would be such a case.

This is not at that level, simple defence is he was wound up so much by something not caught on camera he was mouthing off and had no intention of doing it.
Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a cha on 23:11 - Apr 22 with 1745 viewsCatullus

Police caught on camera threatening to "make up a cha on 22:22 - Apr 22 by Sirjohnalot

I agree, he’s a tit but not a criminal tit

The offence is committed when:

a public officer acting as such;
wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself;
to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder;
without reasonable excuse or justification.

Example, a police officer taking a statement from a victim of domestic violence who’s very vulnerable and taking advantage by sleeping with her would be such a case.

This is not at that level, simple defence is he was wound up so much by something not caught on camera he was mouthing off and had no intention of doing it.

What would the punishment be for his behaviour? Loss of pay, retraining, probation?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Police caught on camera threatening to on 03:56 - Apr 23 with 1684 viewsNotLoyal

Police caught on camera threatening to on 11:45 - Apr 22 by Catullus

Life is a game, some of us play it badly! Whatever the walk of life, there is good, bad and everything in between.

There's a book by 'The Secret Barrister' that I might try one day.

https://www.ft.com/content/382254ee-794f-11e8-8e67-1e1a0846c475

Gary Bell...
https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1141472/beyond-reasonable-

OK I've changed it.

Police caught on camera threatening to on 07:28 - Apr 23 with 1636 viewsWarwickHunt

Police caught on camera threatening to on 03:56 - Apr 23 by NotLoyal

Gary Bell...
https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1141472/beyond-reasonable-

Calling a son Toby was taking it a bit far though.
Login to get fewer ads

Police caught on camera threatening to on 12:00 - Apr 23 with 1575 viewsNotLoyal

Police caught on camera threatening to on 07:28 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

It’s a genuinely interesting read, sir John would find him an amusing character, mind you it’s not a large community so may know him already.

OK I've changed it.

Police caught on camera threatening to on 23:32 - Apr 23 with 1499 viewsJackinexile1

Police caught on camera threatening to on 07:28 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

Police caught on camera threatening to on 23:32 - Apr 23 with 1498 viewsJackinexile1

Police caught on camera threatening to on 12:00 - Apr 23 by NotLoyal

It’s a genuinely interesting read, sir John would find him an amusing character, mind you it’s not a large community so may know him already.

I've just realised Sir John is your Dad.
Police caught on camera threatening to on 10:09 - Apr 25 with 1414 viewsNotLoyal

Police caught on camera threatening to on 23:32 - Apr 23 by Jackinexile1

I've just realised Sir John is your Dad.

Well, nobody knows who you are so I’m pretty certain most will draw whatever inference they can from that alone. Have a lovely weekend and try and rid yourself of your hate and jealousy.

OK I've changed it.

Police caught on camera threatening to on 10:28 - Apr 25 with 1394 viewsSirjohnalot

Police caught on camera threatening to on 10:09 - Apr 25 by NotLoyal

Well, nobody knows who you are so I’m pretty certain most will draw whatever inference they can from that alone. Have a lovely weekend and try and rid yourself of your hate and jealousy.

Quite right.

Oh, mum said can you ring her ? You haven’t spoken to her since Wednesday.
Police caught on camera threatening to on 17:31 - Apr 25 with 1320 viewsNotLoyal

Police caught on camera threatening to on 10:28 - Apr 25 by Sirjohnalot

Quite right.

Oh, mum said can you ring her ? You haven’t spoken to her since Wednesday.

Will do, and thanks, our secret is out 😉

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024