Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? 10:08 - Feb 13 with 39345 viewsParlay

For me, we have simply been dining out on our first 3 games all season, which tricked a lot of people into thinking we are actually playing well.

Some startling facts....

We got MORE than 25% of our season points in those first 3 games alone.

In the rest of them we have barely been getting over a point a game - and that was with Bony in the side for the majority of the time.

We will be heavy underdogs in the next 3 of 4 games and I dont see a win coming in any of them.

If this slide isnt addressed soon, we may not have the luxury of hitting the ground running next term and then we are in a whole world of trouble if the performances remain at this level. We will barely hit 38 points.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:36 - Feb 13 with 3654 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well it certainly hoodwinked you. Up until fairly recently you were one of Monk's most vociferous defenders on here. Then you decided that you had to start to change tack so you could ally yourself with the "controversial cool kids at the back of the class" likes of T2C and others. Since then you've been carefully maneuvering yourself into a not-so-gentle u-turn so you can claim that you knew all along that Monk would turn out to be a wrong 'un. It gives you many more opportunities to argue with people on here see. It's deeply tragic.

Over and out.

Poll: Tory leader

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:38 - Feb 13 with 3641 viewsDarran

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:36 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

Well it certainly hoodwinked you. Up until fairly recently you were one of Monk's most vociferous defenders on here. Then you decided that you had to start to change tack so you could ally yourself with the "controversial cool kids at the back of the class" likes of T2C and others. Since then you've been carefully maneuvering yourself into a not-so-gentle u-turn so you can claim that you knew all along that Monk would turn out to be a wrong 'un. It gives you many more opportunities to argue with people on here see. It's deeply tragic.

Over and out.

Magnificent stuff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:41 - Feb 13 with 3640 viewsOldjack

and your constant whining doesn't help in the slightest ,just think what those poor buggers below us must feel right now ,We are a mid-table team in a very tough league .That in it's self is a massive achievement for a club of our size
Just smile ffs mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:46 - Feb 13 with 3618 viewsParlay

Over and out.

Oh something has got your goat this morning Andrew. What a bitch

How recently was I a "vociferous Monk defender" or has your "over and out" exempt you from any possible further questioning of an unfounded rant?

Now if we want the truth rather than such unfounded rant I shall proceed to put you in your place.

*clears throat*

When monk was what many assumed was interim manager to steady the ship, the signs were excellent. I championed him previous to this suggesting that he had all the tools to come in and continue the good work put in before him as he knew our style, knew the players and indeed had the benefit of being here under such pioneering managers.

He had an excellent start and was probably riding on momentum in hindsight. The first game was against Cardiff and the charge was marked. Closing down, urgency and a glut of chances created. Superb. This carried us until the end of the season.

Pre season saw an excellent result in terms of player turnover, we got good players in and retained the likes of Bony. Still a happy camper. We started the season with 3 wins on the bounce and performances went down hill from there.

Now are you blaming me for supporting and trusting Monk when he was doing the right things? Or are you blaming me for losing faith in him as he then went on to put his own stamp on things, change our style and stick with it regardless?

All for opinions Mr Cude, however your outburst is akin to a spoiled teenager, with an ever so faint touch of "talk to the hand" to protect their weak argument. And "argument" is the operative word because ironically the only person arguing.... Is you.

And THAT... Is tragic.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 11:12]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 3615 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:41 - Feb 13 by Oldjack

and your constant whining doesn't help in the slightest ,just think what those poor buggers below us must feel right now ,We are a mid-table team in a very tough league .That in it's self is a massive achievement for a club of our size
Just smile ffs mun

So you think we are playing above ourselves then?

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 3612 viewslibertine

absolutely agree

we can't take an average of the season especially if the graph is going down, that's stupid!
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:48 - Feb 13 with 3603 viewsdgt73

Over and out.

Good post and don't forget parlay doesn't even go to games......unless his Liverpool supporting mate lets him have his ticket.......at a reasonable price of course.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:49 - Feb 13 with 3599 viewsSkewenJack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Oh something has got your goat this morning Andrew. What a bitch

How recently was I a "vociferous Monk defender" or has your "over and out" exempt you from any possible further questioning of an unfounded rant?

Now if we want the truth rather than such unfounded rant I shall proceed to put you in your place.

*clears throat*

When monk was what many assumed was interim manager to steady the ship, the signs were excellent. I championed him previous to this suggesting that he had all the tools to come in and continue the good work put in before him as he knew our style, knew the players and indeed had the benefit of being here under such pioneering managers.

He had an excellent start and was probably riding on momentum in hindsight. The first game was against Cardiff and the charge was marked. Closing down, urgency and a glut of chances created. Superb. This carried us until the end of the season.

Pre season saw an excellent result in terms of player turnover, we got good players in and retained the likes of Bony. Still a happy camper. We started the season with 3 wins on the bounce and performances went down hill from there.

Now are you blaming me for supporting and trusting Monk when he was doing the right things? Or are you blaming me for losing faith in him as he then went on to put his own stamp on things, change our style and stick with it regardless?

All for opinions Mr Cude, however your outburst is akin to a spoiled teenager, with an ever so faint touch of "talk to the hand" to protect their weak argument. And "argument" is the operative word because ironically the only person arguing.... Is you.

And THAT... Is tragic.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 11:12]

Now that really is a magnificent reply and agree fully.
Login to get fewer ads

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:50 - Feb 13 with 3592 viewsParlay

Of course people agree with me. Its the way it is.

The only people that this will stick in the throat of is the Parlay obsessives. You watch, they will all come out of the woodwork.

Edit* dgt johnny come lately arrives right on cue
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 10:51]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 3579 viewsdgt73

And you watch you will have to have the last word.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:54 - Feb 13 with 3575 viewsOldjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:52 - Feb 13 by dgt73

I wish Phil would unplug the kannntttt

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:54 - Feb 13 with 3570 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:48 - Feb 13 by dgt73

Good post and don't forget parlay doesn't even go to games......unless his Liverpool supporting mate lets him have his ticket.......at a reasonable price of course.

Of course I don't go to all the games, I live 10,000 miles away and have principles. Which is why I am regarded as one of our most important and influential fans.

Unlike you, of course, who openly admit they don't care about the trust, want us to be taken over by a foreign tycoon while tarring this board and by association - the club with your holocaust denial, refusal to pay charity bets and deplorable views on mental health.

But thats what you get with success, plastic fans. I embrace you anyway even if others dont.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:57 - Feb 13 with 3564 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:52 - Feb 13 by dgt73

If something needs saying then I will say it young man. Sense puts nonsense in its place - in that order, so its a safe bet to suggest I will be the last in that post sequence. Good bet.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:59 - Feb 13 with 3556 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:54 - Feb 13 by Oldjack

I wish Phil would unplug the kannntttt

So are we playing above ourselves or not?

If your intention, like the others, was to come on here and spout abuse and guff then im sure i made a thread for Parlay obsessors.

Now then, you said we were doing well for a club our size yes?

Ive asked you if you think we are currently playing above ourselves... You seem reluctant to answer.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:01 - Feb 13 with 3554 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Some people think that opinions are like football teams.

You're not allowed to change them even when the reasons for forming those opinions are changing before your eyes. Some think it's a weakness to change your opinion, calling it a u turn which is somehow a bad thing.

It's actually a strength to reassess your opinion based on changing circumstances.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:05 - Feb 13 with 3542 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:01 - Feb 13 by Joe_bradshaw

Some people think that opinions are like football teams.

You're not allowed to change them even when the reasons for forming those opinions are changing before your eyes. Some think it's a weakness to change your opinion, calling it a u turn which is somehow a bad thing.

It's actually a strength to reassess your opinion based on changing circumstances.

Well that is the sensible opinion yes, however the responses so far are from people who's intention is to be anything other than sensible. Even ECB letting his mask slip in some weird attack of forum Tourette's that I'm sure he is now regretting (not that he would ever admit it).

I have always maintained, be objective in victory and be objective in defeat. So naturally opinion changes based on performance.

We have been awful for the majority of this year and that has coincided with my and other peoples frustrations.

Too many people have T2C on the brain. Hes clearly left a lot of people quivering wrecks, where everything is a conspiracy.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 11:07]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:09 - Feb 13 with 3526 viewsdgt73

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:54 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Of course I don't go to all the games, I live 10,000 miles away and have principles. Which is why I am regarded as one of our most important and influential fans.

Unlike you, of course, who openly admit they don't care about the trust, want us to be taken over by a foreign tycoon while tarring this board and by association - the club with your holocaust denial, refusal to pay charity bets and deplorable views on mental health.

But thats what you get with success, plastic fans. I embrace you anyway even if others dont.

Who are you

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:10 - Feb 13 with 3527 viewsJethroJack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:50 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Of course people agree with me. Its the way it is.

The only people that this will stick in the throat of is the Parlay obsessives. You watch, they will all come out of the woodwork.

Edit* dgt johnny come lately arrives right on cue
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 10:51]

The "Parlay Obsessives"....FFS, don't flatter yourself. Anyone with a brain would recognise you for what you really are...a pompous arse. You must spend hours constructing your long, tedious posts which are full of the usual old garbage.....not one for making points succintly, are you.

By the way, how did we get on against the Gooners at the Liberty...or have you just conveniently forgotten to acknowledge that performance was above average.
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:12 - Feb 13 with 3512 viewsDarran

It's so sad that SkewenJack and Parlay are the same person.
In fact it's pitiful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:12 - Feb 13 with 3514 viewsdgt73

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:10 - Feb 13 by JethroJack

The "Parlay Obsessives"....FFS, don't flatter yourself. Anyone with a brain would recognise you for what you really are...a pompous arse. You must spend hours constructing your long, tedious posts which are full of the usual old garbage.....not one for making points succintly, are you.

By the way, how did we get on against the Gooners at the Liberty...or have you just conveniently forgotten to acknowledge that performance was above average.

He's also mental.......

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:16 - Feb 13 with 3506 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:10 - Feb 13 by JethroJack

Hello Jethro.

Im not flattering myself at all, i think it patently obvious i have a group of fanatics on here. To deny it is just stupidity.

Yes hours on end i spent writing that and to think my coffee is still piping hot, almost like it was 90 seconds or something. Time flies and all that.

Now then, onto the tiny part of your rant which actually had a semblance of relevance... No I didn't forget the Arsenal performance, unfortunately it was not a trend was it. It was 90 mins. Its like Gomis having a good game next week followed by continued mediocrity - overall his performances would have been awful.

Its a very shortsighted opinion to base season trends in single matches.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:17 - Feb 13 with 3505 viewsdgt73

Of course, i forgot you live in Oz and are just in th UK on business. It must be some business trip, you've been back for months.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:17 - Feb 13 with 3503 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:12 - Feb 13 by Darran

It's so sad that SkewenJack and Parlay are the same person.
In fact it's pitiful.

Its so sad that Jackfath and Darran is the same person.

So sad its pittiful.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:18 - Feb 13 with 3498 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Parlay thats a top post fair play.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:19 - Feb 13 with 3491 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:17 - Feb 13 by dgt73

Of course, i forgot you live in Oz and are just in th UK on business. It must be some business trip, you've been back for months.

Business trips are a transition from one country to another in order to conclude business. A business trip can be a year if needs be. Your obsession with that is very strange indeed" smiley face smiley face.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024