Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire 16:21 - Jun 16 with 25664 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Shocking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:08 - Jun 22 with 1202 viewsHumpty

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:04 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

The thing about people who hold radical views is they can't shut up about them. Nobody close to or around them escapes the ear-bashing. His family, his neighbours and the staff at the special school where he volunteered all say how much of a shock this all is to them.

This Nazi angle just doesn't ring true to me.

Would you dismiss it if he was accused of being of the extreme left?
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:10 - Jun 22 with 1198 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:03 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

One witness said he heard words spoken, another said he heard nothing. Doesn't mean it was conflicting - the other guy may not have heard it. He didn't say he heard different words spoken just he didn't hear anything.

It doesn't matter whether he said it or not in my view. The guy stated clearly and unambiguously in court what his sentiments were.

Anyway - as I said, I understood we were not politicising this?

I don't think anyone should by the way. I personally found it pretty sickening the way that Glenys Kinnock managed to 'breakdown' in front of the cameras so Neil could comfort her in front of the cameras. I don't believe either side should politicise it, in the same way as no one should shout 'Moslem terrorist, vote out'. These people are monsters and I don't differentiate between one and another nor do I seek to spread their acts of terror to others who share certain characteristics.

I no more believe that people that want to vote out of the EU are blackened by this act than I believe that ordinary Moslems are blackened by the acts of Paris.

The Kinnocks were apparently very close to her, employing her as a researcher or similar back in the day. She shared a Commons office with Stephen Kinnock. Those offices are tiny, especially for new backbench MPs. I can well imagine a close bond being shared by two people using such a space. Especially as they would have had a pre existing friendship. I'm not as convinced that their grief was faux as you are.

Poll: Tory leader

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:11 - Jun 22 with 1195 viewsDr_Winston

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 20:53 - Jun 22 by Jack_Kass

What witnesses?

The army of them that can't decide between themselves if the assassin said TWO words while he attacked her? He wasn't reciting the freakin Gettyburg Address, it's TWO words, yet there are conflicting recollections of the event.

Eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable in court, especially eyewitnesses having their every utterance spun by various media outlets all with their own agendas.

It's sad that the murder of a young mother has become a political football and grist for the conspiracy mill, as convenient for certain parties has it might accidentally have been.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:08 - Jun 22 by Humpty

If he had been of the extreme left or a Muslim this thread would be at a minimum of 30 pages of extreme bile by now.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 1194 viewstrampie

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 20:36 - Jun 22 by Jack_Kass

Let's have a summary of what's been reported to have happened by the media so far.

Mair and another man are arguing outside the library (where Jo Cox MP happens to hold her surgery), said MP runs outside to stop this event happening (with her assistant, of Islamic faith, in tow)

Mair is distracted and loses his attention to whatever the original argument is about, as he instantly remembers that he despises this MP for all her political viewpoints, and he must assassinate her at once, while at the same time remembering to proclaim his undying support for a nationalist party.

During all this he also forgets that he's a nazi loving right wing nut job, as surely it would be far more gratifying for him to gun down the Islamic lady, but these things can slip the mind in the heat of the moment. He then shoots Jo Cox three times, and also attacks her with a knife. He notes to himself that at least he won't need to wash his clothes as there's little to no signs of blood on them, or his hands for that matter. An armed response team then arrive in rapid time (they must be using the latest teleportation technology) to take him away.

It all depends what you read and choose to believe I guess

Who did Breivik kill and in his crazed mind why ?, is Mair another mini Breivik

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:14 - Jun 22 with 1190 viewsA_Fans_Dad

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:03 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

One witness said he heard words spoken, another said he heard nothing. Doesn't mean it was conflicting - the other guy may not have heard it. He didn't say he heard different words spoken just he didn't hear anything.

It doesn't matter whether he said it or not in my view. The guy stated clearly and unambiguously in court what his sentiments were.

Anyway - as I said, I understood we were not politicising this?

I don't think anyone should by the way. I personally found it pretty sickening the way that Glenys Kinnock managed to 'breakdown' in front of the cameras so Neil could comfort her in front of the cameras. I don't believe either side should politicise it, in the same way as no one should shout 'Moslem terrorist, vote out'. These people are monsters and I don't differentiate between one and another nor do I seek to spread their acts of terror to others who share certain characteristics.

I no more believe that people that want to vote out of the EU are blackened by this act than I believe that ordinary Moslems are blackened by the acts of Paris.

I have a question for you Lisa, have you ever read the Koran, the basis of Islamic belief?
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:15 - Jun 22 with 1187 viewsHumpty

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:12 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

If he had been of the extreme left or a Muslim this thread would be at a minimum of 30 pages of extreme bile by now.

Nah. He'd go on what the blokes brother says about him.
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:15 - Jun 22 with 1185 viewslondonlisa2001

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:10 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

The Kinnocks were apparently very close to her, employing her as a researcher or similar back in the day. She shared a Commons office with Stephen Kinnock. Those offices are tiny, especially for new backbench MPs. I can well imagine a close bond being shared by two people using such a space. Especially as they would have had a pre existing friendship. I'm not as convinced that their grief was faux as you are.

I understand that and I actually don't believe their grief was faux.

Jo Cox did work for Glenys I believe and I imagine she was devasted. However, I also think she managed to 'show it' by pausing right in front of TV cameras. I'm afraid I have little time for the Kinnocks when it comes to them milking situations. I am not belittling their grief, but other friends of Jo Cox went out of their way to remain as dignified as possible. Glenys appeared to make sure the cameras were on hand.

Perhaps that's unfair in which case I apologise.
Login to get fewer ads

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:16 - Jun 22 with 1177 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:15 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

I understand that and I actually don't believe their grief was faux.

Jo Cox did work for Glenys I believe and I imagine she was devasted. However, I also think she managed to 'show it' by pausing right in front of TV cameras. I'm afraid I have little time for the Kinnocks when it comes to them milking situations. I am not belittling their grief, but other friends of Jo Cox went out of their way to remain as dignified as possible. Glenys appeared to make sure the cameras were on hand.

Perhaps that's unfair in which case I apologise.

I think it is unfair but your view is your view.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:17 - Jun 22 with 1171 viewsLohengrin

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:08 - Jun 22 by Humpty

The point still stands, Hump. Neither Left nor Right in extremis is a faith that burns in silence. Those close know which way the wind blows.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:23 - Jun 22 with 1168 viewsLohengrin

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:15 - Jun 22 by Humpty

Nah. He'd go on what the blokes brother says about him.

Mair's black half-brother says the bloke wasn't a raving Nazi but that's not enough for you? Is there any particular reason?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:35 - Jun 22 with 1143 viewslondonlisa2001

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:14 - Jun 22 by A_Fans_Dad

I have a question for you Lisa, have you ever read the Koran, the basis of Islamic belief?

I have read various chunks of it in translation but not the whole Koran, no, and none of it without translation.
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:36 - Jun 22 with 1141 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:35 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

I have read various chunks of it in translation but not the whole Koran, no, and none of it without translation.

Now you're gonna get reams and reams of copy and paste. With links. You should've kept schtum.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:46 - Jun 22 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:36 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

Now you're gonna get reams and reams of copy and paste. With links. You should've kept schtum.

Unlike some, I don't lie on here, nor avoid difficult questions.

Do I believe the Koran contains hateful language? Yes. Do I believe that the vast majority of Moslems take notice of it all? No. Do I believe the Bible contains hateful language? Yes. Do I believe the vast majority of Christians take notice of it all? No.

Don't understand why people assume the majority of Moslems take any more notice of their medieval text than we do of ours. The Moslems I have known and work with certainly don't.
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:48 - Jun 22 with 1123 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:46 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Unlike some, I don't lie on here, nor avoid difficult questions.

Do I believe the Koran contains hateful language? Yes. Do I believe that the vast majority of Moslems take notice of it all? No. Do I believe the Bible contains hateful language? Yes. Do I believe the vast majority of Christians take notice of it all? No.

Don't understand why people assume the majority of Moslems take any more notice of their medieval text than we do of ours. The Moslems I have known and work with certainly don't.

As you know, you're preaching to the choir, so to speak.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:06 - Jun 22 with 1095 viewsHumpty

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:23 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

Mair's black half-brother says the bloke wasn't a raving Nazi but that's not enough for you? Is there any particular reason?

Reasons? A few.

Left wing pro refugee MP is murdered by a man who witnesses say was shouting something about Britain first. In court he gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain". He collects Nazi memorabilia. Reports emerge that he was a member of an apartheid supporting South African group and an American white supremacist group. SPLC publish receipts purporting to show he spent hundreds of pounds on extreme right, racist literature.

Stuff like that.

I answered your question. You still haven't answered mine.
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:13 - Jun 22 with 1071 viewsA_Fans_Dad

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 21:36 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

Do you have some kind of problem with data?
How do you make your own financial decisions, do you just take a stab at it and jump in with both feet or do some research first?
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:14 - Jun 22 with 1071 viewstrampie

Seems that some people overseas are noting that the British press seem to be blaming mental illness and they are wondering if the British state will follow suit ?, is it convenient for the state not to have a white home grown terrorist ?

Will Mair be given a platform in an open courtroom ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:17 - Jun 22 with 1062 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:13 - Jun 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you have some kind of problem with data?
How do you make your own financial decisions, do you just take a stab at it and jump in with both feet or do some research first?

I'm a civil servant mate. I thrive on information and research, can't function for ten hours a day without it. As a civil servant I have a very high boredom threshold too. You cross it. Regularly.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 22:17]

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:21 - Jun 22 with 1044 viewsItchySphincter

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 20:51 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, so Jo Cox was about to blow a celeb paedophile ring wide open and was killed by Croatian assassins on the orders of Cliff Richard? It's about as feasible as any I suppose.

That's not what I meant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1042 viewsexiledclaseboy

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:21 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

That's not what I meant.

I know, I was being facetious.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:24 - Jun 22 with 1028 viewsraynor94

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:14 - Jun 22 by trampie

Seems that some people overseas are noting that the British press seem to be blaming mental illness and they are wondering if the British state will follow suit ?, is it convenient for the state not to have a white home grown terrorist ?

Will Mair be given a platform in an open courtroom ?

No white home grown terrorists? Samantha Lewthwaite ring any bells?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 1022 viewsHumpty

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:24 - Jun 22 by raynor94

No white home grown terrorists? Samantha Lewthwaite ring any bells?

David Copeland?
MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 1018 viewsItchySphincter

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:22 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

I know, I was being facetious.

I know. Thought it was worth pointing out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 1021 viewsA_Fans_Dad

MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire on 22:17 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

I'm a civil servant mate. I thrive on information and research, can't function for ten hours a day without it. As a civil servant I have a very high boredom threshold too. You cross it. Regularly.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 22:17]

No wonder you are so keen on remain then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024