Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: 16:58 - Jul 28 with 16121 viewsEalingRanger

I predict 4 more players will leave Qpr. 2 more will leave on Loan next week as we want to keep them for future. But more to go. Lets see.

But I'm resolute on getting people who want to play with pride for QPR. Who get excited to put the hoops shirt. Who want promotion. Hungary

Lots of choice upfront. So we will bolster firepower. We are working damm hard. I learn fast. And I don't care about negative comments.

to clear any doubt. Ale faurlin I hope gets back to the form. He's my favourite hoop. A model professional. Hope he gets to prove himself

Haven't talked about players in. We should just keep quiet till we do a deal. Pointless talking. Do the deal then talk

After clearing up mess I will keep my word that I said last season. And say less on twitter hahaha

Key goal is twitter is to keep fans posted. I think it's refreshing and transparent. And you fans deserve it

The abuse I get is undeserving for someone who works so hard but it's results that counts. And I have failed on that count as Chairman.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:06 - Jul 29 with 1877 viewsQPRDave

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 09:54 - Jul 29 by Northernr

It looks like it's heading for a row to me. Redknapp has made barbed comments about the board in the press quite regularly since the turn of the year. It started after MK Dons when he said he'd "been told some of these lads were good players" which was blatantly about Faurlin who has hardly played since, now you've got Fernandes publicly backing Faurlin when the manager clearly wants rid. After the Joe Cole transfer and now the Gary Hooper transfer you've got Redknapp publicly stating that the club is too slow to get deals done. Now you've got Redknapp in the paper saying he should just be allowed to get on with bringing his players in and Fernandes on Twitter saying he's keeping a tight check on transfers. No doubt once the season starts if we struggle we'll be treated to "well that's why I wanted the boy Hooper here but we didn't get that deal done..." in post match press conferences.

It comes across as growing tension, and Fernandes and Redknapp both playing games in public. It's not healthy and it won't end well. They seem to be communicating with each other through the press and Twitter. Problem is if it ends with a parting of the ways and we're already most of the way, or all of the way, through the transfer window then the replacement will have the "not my players" excuse and before you know it that's 2013/14 gone.

If you're right about this, then in my view Harry needs to given control on who stays and who leaves. Tony brought him in to manage let him do so, and if it means Faurlin goes then so be it
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:11 - Jul 29 with 1861 viewsMedwayR

It looks like it's heading for a row to me. Redknapp has made barbed comments about the board in the press quite regularly since the turn of the year. It started after MK Dons when he said he'd "been told some of these lads were good players" which was blatantly about Faurlin who has hardly played since, now you've got Fernandes publicly backing Faurlin when the manager clearly wants rid. After the Joe Cole transfer and now the Gary Hooper transfer you've got Redknapp publicly stating that the club is too slow to get deals done. Now you've got Redknapp in the paper saying he should just be allowed to get on with bringing his players in and Fernandes on Twitter saying he's keeping a tight check on transfers. No doubt once the season starts if we struggle we'll be treated to "well that's why I wanted the boy Hooper here but we didn't get that deal done..." in post match press conferences.

It comes across as growing tension, and Fernandes and Redknapp both playing games in public. It's not healthy and it won't end well. They seem to be communicating with each other through the press and Twitter. Problem is if it ends with a parting of the ways and we're already most of the way, or all of the way, through the transfer window then the replacement will have the "not my players" excuse and before you know it that's 2013/14 gone.

Have to say it's Redknapp with the problem here, why shouldn't Fernandes keep a tight hold on transfer activity after the last 2 years. As for banging on about Hooper there is nothing the club could have done, he didn't want to come here. I'm glad Fernandes is taking this stance, it shows that he has learnt some lessons, Harry can moan all he likes but he's not the one that's c£50m out of pocket. Whether it has a negative impact on next season is debatable, I suspect it won't, lets face it managers have always wanted more & more while chairman tend to say no just like a kid wanting more pocket money & the parent saying no, perhaps 'arry should phone childline & have a moan to them instead...

Poll: Who’s better?

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 1837 viewsjohnhoop

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:06 - Jul 29 by QPRDave

If you're right about this, then in my view Harry needs to given control on who stays and who leaves. Tony brought him in to manage let him do so, and if it means Faurlin goes then so be it

Nope. If it's a choice between saying goodbye to Harry Redknapp or Alejandro Faurlin I know who I'd rather see go . Sod off Harry and thanks for absolutely nothing.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:18 - Jul 29 with 1827 viewsNorthernr

Have to disagree. I just don't trust Redknapp to behave in the long term interests of the club. This is the reason I said at the start of the summer this wouldn't work - Fernandes has had his fingers burnt and wants to look long term, sign young players etc. Redknapp wants to throw money at Willie Mackay and Scotty Parker and give it a go short term.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:20 - Jul 29 with 1814 viewsJamie

It's all heading for a big falling out.

Redknapp v Fernandes
Redknapp v fans
Fernandes v fans
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:24 - Jul 29 with 1795 viewstoboboly

What?

You want the guy whose judgement saw Bosingwa in the team long past his due when we had Harriman in reserve to be leading transfers? Someone who claimed even after relegation that he wasn't looking to next season? Someone who wants Joe Cole?? Yeah cos that won't break the bank.

I don't think Fernandes has a clue regarding football but if he is looking at the proposed wage structure and vetoing players based on cost then I would trust him more than 'Arry.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:24 - Jul 29 with 1793 viewsMedwayR

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:20 - Jul 29 by Jamie

Redknapp v Fernandes
Redknapp v fans
Fernandes v fans

Someone call Frank Warren

Poll: Who’s better?

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:26 - Jul 29 with 1784 viewsBromleyHoop

Precisely. I've said before that the chaos of the last few years does not disappear overnight just because it's a new season. And we're the bookies favourites to go up!! More of the same I reckon.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:26 - Jul 29 with 1784 viewsessextaxiboy

I think maybe Beard is the problem . He trusted Hughes and his "advisor" who obviously had him over in terms of contracts and the players bought in .

Now he seems to have gone the other way and drags his feet without the experience of knowing that a deal needs to be pushed through before anyone else comes in .

Between them Redknapp and Fernandes will carry the can if it all goes pear shaped but they are both trusting the same bloke to get the deals done .

Deals like Samba and Remy seem to have happened because Fernandes got involved personally.

Are Fernandes and Redknapp not sending messages to each other but to Beard ?
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 1777 viewsEastR

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:20 - Jul 29 by Jamie

Redknapp v Fernandes
Redknapp v fans
Fernandes v fans

the real battle that's playing out is Redknapp - Beard

this is the one that will come to a head and result in one of them leaving

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:41 - Jul 29 with 1750 viewsQPRDave

Well bottom line is then to those saying Faurlin over the manager is Tony needs to sack Harry then. No point in having a manager if the chairman is going to choose the playing staff. Didn't we have that under Flav?...
Also players dictating what the club do is why we have a player like Adel on our hands
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:49 - Jul 29 with 1728 viewstoboboly

This is why we need to adopt an actualy policy rather than swaying from one extreme to another. If we could set ourselves up like WBA I would be more than happy.

They have a plan and the new staff have to stick to it when they come to the club. Has worked very well for them.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:13 - Jul 29 with 1677 viewsJonDoeman

Yep, reckon there's gonna be a reckoning!

It Is What It Is !!

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 1662 viewsdaveB

So what do we want from a manager? When Flavio was running things the problems seemed to be too much interference, now we want more.

I think we need to strike a balance, Redknapp should be in charge of who he wants in and out for the first team otherwise what’s the point of him being here?

In Faurlins case he just needs to prove to the manager he should be playing and he won’t do that by leaving.

The key is how you manage Redknapp and when you’re not at a big club like Spurs it’s very difficult to control him. You have to manage him and keep him sweet, give him some of what he wants and don’t guarantee anything.

Redknapp is clever and has looked to blame Beard for several transfers now, all of them (M’villa, Cole, Bridge, Hooper and Odenwnga) were all out of the clubs control and I don’t blame Beard for any of them going wrong, Redknapp was clever though to get the names out there before the deal collapsed so he had a readymade excuse, certainly that area of Redknapps character has become more annoying as the year has gone on but his aims marry up with the owners. Despite all the talk there is no way Fernandes is going to accept anything less than the playoffs this year and to do that they are going to need short term fixes again.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 1654 viewsThe_Mole

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 10:26 - Jul 29 by essextaxiboy

I think maybe Beard is the problem . He trusted Hughes and his "advisor" who obviously had him over in terms of contracts and the players bought in .

Now he seems to have gone the other way and drags his feet without the experience of knowing that a deal needs to be pushed through before anyone else comes in .

Between them Redknapp and Fernandes will carry the can if it all goes pear shaped but they are both trusting the same bloke to get the deals done .

Deals like Samba and Remy seem to have happened because Fernandes got involved personally.

Are Fernandes and Redknapp not sending messages to each other but to Beard ?

Hit the nail firmly on the head here.

There is no disputing that commercially Beard is superb at what he does - he's perfect for the new training ground and re-build of our stadium but sadly doesn't have a scooby when it comes to transfers.

Unfortunately Beard is to blame for the transfer failers (Hooper most recent) NOT Arry and certainly not TF.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:26 - Jul 29 with 1639 viewsWeaverQPR

Fck it lets just make Tony ten jobs the manager.

@WeavQPR

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:26 - Jul 29 with 1639 viewsdaveB

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:20 - Jul 29 by The_Mole

Hit the nail firmly on the head here.

There is no disputing that commercially Beard is superb at what he does - he's perfect for the new training ground and re-build of our stadium but sadly doesn't have a scooby when it comes to transfers.

Unfortunately Beard is to blame for the transfer failers (Hooper most recent) NOT Arry and certainly not TF.

How was the Hooper deal Beards fault? Hooper dragged it out as long as he could before getting the offer from Norwich he wanted, other than putting a gun to his head there was not much more we could do
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1626 viewsA40Bosh

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:26 - Jul 29 by daveB

How was the Hooper deal Beards fault? Hooper dragged it out as long as he could before getting the offer from Norwich he wanted, other than putting a gun to his head there was not much more we could do

+1

Maybe Beard is too honest a business man to do deals the 'Arry way, which appears to be making sure that deals go through quickly and wheels are oiled as necessary to achieve that.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 1616 viewsThe_Mole

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:26 - Jul 29 by daveB

Over 3 weeks to secure a signing - really?? Offer was accepted, then all Beard had to do was offer Hooper personal terms and give him 2/3 days max to agree or disagree. Don't drag it out, informing Jim White at Sky that the deal is close when the player (as you said) clearly wanted to sign for Norwich.

Surely Beard must have known this, so why persue it?

As for the Mark Hughes signings - enough said!
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 1606 viewsSuffolkHoop

IF Austin is one of Harry's main targets following the Hooper deal not happening, it'll be interesting to see his reaction if/when he signs for Forest instead. How many backups has he got in mind?
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1596 viewsdaveB

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:34 - Jul 29 by The_Mole

Over 3 weeks to secure a signing - really?? Offer was accepted, then all Beard had to do was offer Hooper personal terms and give him 2/3 days max to agree or disagree. Don't drag it out, informing Jim White at Sky that the deal is close when the player (as you said) clearly wanted to sign for Norwich.

Surely Beard must have known this, so why persue it?

As for the Mark Hughes signings - enough said!

I'm not sure what else the club could have done, these transfers do take a number of weeks it's not as easy as saying sign in 3 days or bugger off.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 1567 viewsQPunkR

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 11:38 - Jul 29 by daveB

I'm not sure what else the club could have done, these transfers do take a number of weeks it's not as easy as saying sign in 3 days or bugger off.

Exactly. That's why they're called 'negotiations'

QPR - "shit but local"

Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 12:41 - Jul 29 with 1545 viewstimcocking

No worries, Stevie Mac will save us!
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 13:09 - Jul 29 with 1495 viewsWatfordR

Firstly, I'd say I have all of the time in the world for TF, best chairman and owner we've had certainly since Jim Gregory.

However, leaving aside my personal distaste for HR, IMO it was a mistake to give HR a contract which didn't include a relegation break clause. HR's appointment was all about trying to keep us up, and the contract should have reflected that.

Second, HR should have been removed after the Wigan home game. He was never going to be interested in managing us in the championship, and all that's happened since is wasted time which will inevitably lead to HR going sooner or later. If it meant paying him off, so be it, it wouldn't cost as much as another season in the second tier.

There has to be a realisaaion at board level that HR won't leave without compensation, unless an opportunity arises elsewhere that will earn him more. That's the nature of the beast.

If we are prepared to learn from our mistakes with players and pay them off to go away, I've no idea why we shouldn't be prepared to do the same with the manager.
Uncle Tony's latest Twitter outpourings: on 13:48 - Jul 29 with 1445 viewsdaveB

So if we pay Redknapp off then who do we get in as manager?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024