Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gig ticket prices 15:51 - Dec 22 with 8802 viewsRangersDave

Thought i'd try and go see 'The Boss' (Springsteen) again before he really gets to old to gig, and he's doing 4/5 gigs in the UK in 2023.

I did see him at Man Citeh ground on the last tour, and paid £75 per ticket......

Imagine my surprise this time round.....£300 is the starting point per ticket! Sorry Bruce, but feck that,

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

gig ticket prices on 16:38 - Dec 23 with 1644 viewsbollockchops

gig ticket prices on 20:03 - Dec 22 by Hayesender

Tribute bands are the way forward unfortunately. Tbf, seen some great tribute acts recently

The Smiths
Stone roses
Oasis
The who
Springsteen
The jam, and a few more and all at reasonable prices

going to see Nerdvana tonight , me and daughter £5 each no booking fee
gig ticket prices on 16:54 - Dec 23 with 1599 viewsR_from_afar

gig ticket prices on 22:49 - Dec 22 by queensparker

Thank you, very interesting. I will wind my neck in on this

So these days bands make fk all from recordings, and likely fk all from gigs. Another win for modernism

On the subject of scraping by, here is a T-shirt sold by one of my favourite bands, The Black Dog. A sobering message.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

gig ticket prices on 17:55 - Dec 23 with 1542 viewsNorthantsHoop

gig ticket prices on 16:43 - Dec 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Was going to take my Mum to see Roxy Music in the Autumn, same price so thought better of it.

Personally think you made a wise choice, I bought tickets to the O2 but decided to cash in after watched some recent footage of Bryan Ferry struggling with the songs. His voice not a patch on what it was in 2011, when I last saw them. This is the problem with other great legendary rock bands with ageing smashing lead singers just cannot deliver vocally and it can be quite a hard watch especially when you are being asked to spend a huge amount on tickets, sadly it now falls to tribute acts to carry forward the mantle, although there are some cracking ones out there.
gig ticket prices on 20:47 - Dec 23 with 1456 viewstoboboly

If you wanted to see ex-Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan in April at Shepherds Bush you would pay:

ticket: £28
service charge: £3.50
facility charge: £1.95
handling fee: £2.75

equals £36.20

Shame the ticket company has to add so much shit on the top of the ticket price when they only ever email/app tickets now.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

gig ticket prices on 23:41 - Dec 23 with 1370 viewsBoston

Six or seven years ago, Springsteen was playing at the Garden in Boston. One of my sisters in law is a big fan and she happened to be over visiting. We live an easy cab ride from downtown so on a whim decided to go for a drink in a bar on Causeway St, right across the road from the venue. The idea was she/we might bump into someone with an extra ticket or two who'd let them go for face or at least small money. Long story short, we got chatting with a group from Philly, who it turned out follow Brucie all over the place and, taking a liking to Mags, my in law, gave her a $1,000 ticket for the small, reserved area for VIP's right at the front for free.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

gig ticket prices on 01:57 - Dec 24 with 1325 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Many years ago Carcass were playing the Underworld and as an school retro thing it was five pounds but you had to buy the tickets in the World's End pub.

I know Carcass are not most of you's cup of tea but how amazing was that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

gig ticket prices on 09:57 - Dec 24 with 1226 viewscollegeranger

gig ticket prices on 01:57 - Dec 24 by Metallica_Hoop

Many years ago Carcass were playing the Underworld and as an school retro thing it was five pounds but you had to buy the tickets in the World's End pub.

I know Carcass are not most of you's cup of tea but how amazing was that.

Five years or so I attended a pretty big meeting with some very high powered people regarding their IT. We were told it was dress down Friday so don't come in suits.

The most important and influential person from their side came in tartan bondage trousers and a very old ropey looking Carcass vest!!
gig ticket prices on 11:01 - Dec 31 with 968 viewsBklynRanger

gig ticket prices on 12:45 - Dec 23 by collegeranger

I guess I average out 30+ gigs a year and a fairly eclectic mix of artists and bands.

However, I am becoming a venue snob and the price I will pay is based on venue and where I am sat - stand.

O2 - wont go unless a freebie - soulless and pain in the Rs to get back from late

Wembley Arena - saw The Cure last week and although we had great seats on the side it took me 90 minutes to drive 7 miles and £20 to park on the top of a skating rink. That's probably done it for me now there!

Hammersmith Apollo - will go but needs to stalls first 15 rows. Will pay for good acts. Pricing has been rising here.

Shepherds Bush Empire - will go but downstairs or 1st level only - usually well priced.

Royal Albert Hall - Best venue in the world - happy to pay more than average but has to be arena, stalls or boxes.

Ally Pally - Nope - awful and a nightmare to get back from public transport or driving so thats on the banned list!

Royal Festival Hall - another great venue - seen loads here and usually Meltdown or when the artists have found out its a great value for them to play here. eg venue doesn't mug them on costs.

Hyde Park - nope ever since I saw a terrible Red Hot Chilli Peppers set years ago when the wind blew away the sound and even worse now as they can't exceed 95db! My mate in the music biz said he has heard louder on a mobile phone!! I have broken my promise never to go and got Springsteen tickets. Will lube up for the shafting on food and drinks!

Brixton Academy - Great venue and seen loads over the years, upstairs a but of a pain as the seats aren't allocated so you need to be in early. Probably that's it now for a few years as I fear their license will be revoked after the deaths there last week.

Cadogan Hall - going here more and more great little venue and normally acoustic sets - paid no more than £30 for a ticket to see some quality acts.

Bush Hall - see above

Half Moon - great venue - again not sure I have paid more than £25 here for original acts and £20 for a tribute. Pub prices on beer !!

Roundhouse - Great Venue but seating ain't great so always stand here. Can be a pain on travel if they don't finish on time!

Palladium - they seem to have more gigs here of late and although the venue is good the prices have been climbing and decided against a few in the last year as with booking fees heading over £100 a ticket. But have heard that some have not sold out so have filled it by using SFF to fill it for free!

Pryzm Kingston - Brilliant as HamptonHill said its great value - shorter sets but £15 inc CD for an intimate stripped back gig it can't be beaten ! Seen The Who, Elbow, Foals, Ride, Johnny Marr, Belle & Sebastian, The Specials, Manics, Texas and Damon Albarn here in last few years

Great list. I'd add the Barbican to it - fantastic venue imho - I'd watch paint dry there. I get the impression more contemporary acts can play there if they have a classical element to them (it's probably more complicated that that though). Saw Andrew Bird there about 4 years ago and he was superb.

Interesting reading about the current issues affecting live music too. I'd assume some of those pressures also cause artists to cancel if they can't swing it - had tickets for a gig at the Shep Bush Empire over the summer and it was cancelled at short notice, apparently, because of the heat wave. I thought that was a fairly weak reason on its own myself, but may have been combined with the other issues.
Login to get fewer ads

gig ticket prices on 11:04 - Dec 31 with 964 viewsBklynRanger

gig ticket prices on 16:38 - Dec 23 by bollockchops

going to see Nerdvana tonight , me and daughter £5 each no booking fee

Elvana are good too - completely deranged front man
gig ticket prices on 19:15 - Dec 31 with 860 viewsbrad

gig ticket prices on 20:03 - Dec 22 by Hayesender

Tribute bands are the way forward unfortunately. Tbf, seen some great tribute acts recently

The Smiths
Stone roses
Oasis
The who
Springsteen
The jam, and a few more and all at reasonable prices

there is a brilliant springsteen tribute band called the human touch.......almost as good as the real thing...
gig ticket prices on 19:29 - Dec 31 with 853 viewsBushRanger82

No way I'd pay 300 notes for a ticket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024