Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hughes 22:21 - Feb 28 with 11291 viewsSuddenLad

Disgusts me on every level.. If it were possible to ban a player for 10 games, for a sppecific incident, tonight's incident was the example to use.

An utter disgrace. Anyone attempting to injure a fellowcprofessional like that should be ashamed, and so should his employer.

Of course, the County faithful may well see it differently, but only if they wear rose tinted spectacles.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lee Hughes on 07:34 - Feb 29 with 1031 viewssweetcorn

I've got to admit, i'm kinda envious of what Nott's County have with Lee Hughes, ignore the murdering part, because it's quite easy to be hated without murdering someone, but i'd love for the dale to have a player that gets under every single fan in the countries skin like Hughes, but is a player that his own clubs fans love, sort of like a roy keane at united. Can't say we've ever had a player like that since i've been watching rochdale.

The united hatred behind the player for every ground in the country would bring the team together a bit more and would empathise the 'us against the world' tactic which can bring surprising success to a less talented team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Lee Hughes on 08:03 - Feb 29 with 1001 viewsStatzdale

This was posted on Notts Cheaty Football Mad message board

re: Lee Hughes played his last game for Notts ?
(Just got back) If the league don't rescind the red card then I'd lose all faith completely, he was sent off for being Lee Hughes imo, it wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow card, a red card is just unbelievable, the worst red card decision I think I've ever seen in a Notts game.

The Rochdale player that shoved Lee Hughes whilst he was on the floor deserved a red card more than Hughes!

How many pairs of tinted specs was this muppet wearing i wonder

Total Moron
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Lee Hughes on 09:03 - Feb 29 with 954 viewsdingdangblue

Lee Hughes on 23:42 - Feb 28 by jefferson1

**** yeah!! I gave up after Cotterill...

He's at the one decent club in Nottingham now at least.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lee Hughes on 10:17 - Feb 29 with 897 viewsjudd

He could only be more hated if he owned a kebab shop in Heywood.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Hughes on 11:18 - Feb 29 with 851 viewsSFD

Lee Hughes has served his time and hat should be it regarding his off field activities, however his challenge last night was very late, studds up and no attempt to play the ball and certainly warranted a red card.
Think there is definitely an element of jealousy re Hughes as he is a proven goalscorer and that is something we desperately need at the moment. (A wide player with a bit of pace would be nice too).
Lee Hughes on 11:22 - Feb 29 with 851 viewsvisitingpie

There's a video on our message board of the challenge, plus a still photo that the team photographer who had an excellent view of it took and has sent into the club.

Makes interesting viewing. From what you lot said I thought he'd launched into some karate kick and then nutted the keeper! (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit there)

Anyway, no WAY was it two footed, which is what the officials said he was red carded for.
Lee Hughes on 11:24 - Feb 29 with 848 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Hughes on 11:22 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

There's a video on our message board of the challenge, plus a still photo that the team photographer who had an excellent view of it took and has sent into the club.

Makes interesting viewing. From what you lot said I thought he'd launched into some karate kick and then nutted the keeper! (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit there)

Anyway, no WAY was it two footed, which is what the officials said he was red carded for.

Did they? Have you spoken to them?

Surely they will describe it in their report - which only club officials will see - as violent conduct or serious foul play.

Let us know what it says when you read it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lee Hughes on 11:29 - Feb 29 with 843 viewsSFD

I had very good view and it wasnt two footed but a deliberate attempt to hurt the keeper with his studs up
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hughes on 12:07 - Feb 29 with 806 viewsmaybee

I don't think it was two footed...certainly did not look so from the Main Stand.

However, it did look like a dangerous lunge at the keeper with studs one one foot raised up. It also looked like a deliberate attempt to injure a fellow player, which is the more distressing thing. I feel that Hughes was perfectly entitled to challenge for the loose ball, but did so in a way designed to injure his opponent, which is exactly what the linesman (but not the ref, who was 30 yards away) saw. Nobody is claiming that it was two footed.

Hughes could be in further trouble due to a heated argument with the 4th official as he left the pitch.

Hughes has pervious form whilst playing against us for Oldham about 5 years ago in a League cup game. He stamped on our full back in the corner, but the ref didn't see it. If anything, that assault was worse than last nights.

He's been a great player for Notts, but there is no doubt that he has a "nasty streak" to him. A favourite for home supporters, but a figure of hate for everyone else!!!
Lee Hughes on 12:12 - Feb 29 with 800 viewsrod_leach

I can't stand the man, given his past, however am I the only one who finds that all the booing and shouts of murderer etc is getting a bit boring and predictable? It will be water off a ducks back to him and we should be saving our shouts for encouraging our players,
Lee Hughes on 12:17 - Feb 29 with 788 views1907

Anybody who can claim that isn't a dangerous challenge worthy of a red card should give up following football.
Lee Hughes on 12:26 - Feb 29 with 778 viewsSFD

Wonder if we could get him on loan for a wile now he cant get game at county
Lee Hughes on 12:53 - Feb 29 with 747 viewsDorsetDale

Lee Hughes on 12:26 - Feb 29 by SFD

Wonder if we could get him on loan for a wile now he cant get game at county

Now we all know you're a larger-than-life character, but not even you could plug the gaps in The Sandy if that was ever to be realised

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Lee Hughes on 13:20 - Feb 29 with 712 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 12:53 - Feb 29 by DorsetDale

Now we all know you're a larger-than-life character, but not even you could plug the gaps in The Sandy if that was ever to be realised

This is exactly the same thing Oldham fans said and some of our fans said before he signed for us.

The likelihood of it actually happening is remote. Once a striker, whoever it is starts banging in 20 or 30 goals a season for a club, all the past is erased.

I'm not arguing whether it's right or whether it's wrong. It's just the way it is. Football fans support their club and their players. He's brilliant with the kids, puts a lot of time into charity and community work (more than any other player) and whether or not he comes across as a thug on the pitch, it's not the man he is off field.
Lee Hughes on 13:31 - Feb 29 with 694 viewsjudd

Lee Hughes on 13:20 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

This is exactly the same thing Oldham fans said and some of our fans said before he signed for us.

The likelihood of it actually happening is remote. Once a striker, whoever it is starts banging in 20 or 30 goals a season for a club, all the past is erased.

I'm not arguing whether it's right or whether it's wrong. It's just the way it is. Football fans support their club and their players. He's brilliant with the kids, puts a lot of time into charity and community work (more than any other player) and whether or not he comes across as a thug on the pitch, it's not the man he is off field.

To be perfectly honest with you, and I respect very much your posts, he really is detested in these parts and you're wasting your time trying to change people's perceptions.

He was sent off, I thought deservedly so and so did the Notts fan I was sat with.

You might appeal and might very well win.

In the meantime, he can still go and fook himself.

Lee Hughes on 13:34 - Feb 29 with 687 viewsmacro

Lee Hughes on 22:45 - Feb 28 by HumblePie

well, you need concern yourselves no more its the last youll see of him

you'll be back in league 2 next season

and hughes will be doing a stint at her majesties
Lee Hughes on 13:49 - Feb 29 with 667 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 13:34 - Feb 29 by macro

and hughes will be doing a stint at her majesties

Very much doubt that. If this had been anyone other than Lee Hughes it would never have seen court. Well that's if what I heard happened is what actually happened.

What makes me cross is that sexual assault covers anything from a pat on the bum to dragging a person down an alleyway and ripping their clothes off. From the comments on here accusing him of 'rape' I imagine everyone is assuming the latter rather than the former.
Lee Hughes on 13:54 - Feb 29 with 657 viewsjudd

Lee Hughes on 13:49 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

Very much doubt that. If this had been anyone other than Lee Hughes it would never have seen court. Well that's if what I heard happened is what actually happened.

What makes me cross is that sexual assault covers anything from a pat on the bum to dragging a person down an alleyway and ripping their clothes off. From the comments on here accusing him of 'rape' I imagine everyone is assuming the latter rather than the former.

Far too much assumption.

You think he's innocent, we (mainly) think he's a guilty tvvat. Of everything.

Move on - we're not judge & jury.

Lee Hughes on 13:54 - Feb 29 with 656 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 13:31 - Feb 29 by judd

To be perfectly honest with you, and I respect very much your posts, he really is detested in these parts and you're wasting your time trying to change people's perceptions.

He was sent off, I thought deservedly so and so did the Notts fan I was sat with.

You might appeal and might very well win.

In the meantime, he can still go and fook himself.

Fair enough. Ihave no doubt that if he played for any other club in this league, we would have a fair few supporters booing him too. Again, it's just the way it is.
Lee Hughes on 13:57 - Feb 29 with 649 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 13:54 - Feb 29 by judd

Far too much assumption.

You think he's innocent, we (mainly) think he's a guilty tvvat. Of everything.

Move on - we're not judge & jury.

So true. There was enough to charge him so who knows how it will pan out.

I'm just pointing out the fact that you CAN be found guilty of 'sexual assault' for patting a woman's behind. I imagine most people would think that was a bit harsh?

ps. I'm not intimating that that is what happened, just talking generally.
Lee Hughes on 14:00 - Feb 29 with 644 viewsjudd

Lee Hughes on 13:57 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

I'm just pointing out the fact that you CAN be found guilty of 'sexual assault' for patting a woman's behind. I imagine most people would think that was a bit harsh?

I'll look forward to the outcome of his trial.

I'm going to buy him a new shirt with the name Rule and the number 43 on the back.

It will be a Notts shirt, complete with the stripey/prison bars effect.

Lee Hughes on 14:03 - Feb 29 with 638 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 14:00 - Feb 29 by judd

I'll look forward to the outcome of his trial.

I'm going to buy him a new shirt with the name Rule and the number 43 on the back.

It will be a Notts shirt, complete with the stripey/prison bars effect.

What? You mean like our current home shirt? lol
Lee Hughes on 14:14 - Feb 29 with 628 viewsDorsetDale

Lee Hughes on 13:57 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

Why would you "imagine most people would think that was a bit harsh"?

It's like saying one can be found guilty of assault for slapping someone across the face but because it's a lesser offence than murder, shouldn't be taken seriously.

As Judd says, most of the time your posts are well constructed. I think on this issue, you are way off.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Lee Hughes on 14:15 - Feb 29 with 628 viewsTied_in_Notts

Lee Hughes on 11:24 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Did they? Have you spoken to them?

Surely they will describe it in their report - which only club officials will see - as violent conduct or serious foul play.

Let us know what it says when you read it.

No he hasn't spoken to them but Keith Curle spoke to the lino and was told it was for a "two-footed challenge", as he announced in his post-match interview last night, so stop being such an arrogant gobshite.

I don't know why you all care so much anyway, you'll never play against Lee Hughes ever again cos you're headed back to the division where you belong - it was even named after you before you somehow went up. And hopefully you'll never play us again either. So why don't you do what most football fans in Rochdale do - take the bus trip to Manchester every Saturday. So long.

14 Points and You Know What

Lee Hughes on 14:18 - Feb 29 with 621 viewsDorsetDale

Lee Hughes on 14:15 - Feb 29 by Tied_in_Notts

No he hasn't spoken to them but Keith Curle spoke to the lino and was told it was for a "two-footed challenge", as he announced in his post-match interview last night, so stop being such an arrogant gobshite.

I don't know why you all care so much anyway, you'll never play against Lee Hughes ever again cos you're headed back to the division where you belong - it was even named after you before you somehow went up. And hopefully you'll never play us again either. So why don't you do what most football fans in Rochdale do - take the bus trip to Manchester every Saturday. So long.

It's so refreshing to know that however bad our own clowns on here can be, they never get so condescending as this numpty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024