Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hughes 22:21 - Feb 28 with 11295 viewsSuddenLad

Disgusts me on every level.. If it were possible to ban a player for 10 games, for a sppecific incident, tonight's incident was the example to use.

An utter disgrace. Anyone attempting to injure a fellowcprofessional like that should be ashamed, and so should his employer.

Of course, the County faithful may well see it differently, but only if they wear rose tinted spectacles.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lee Hughes on 22:57 - Feb 28 with 1299 viewsnordenblue

Lee Hughes on 22:39 - Feb 28 by visitingpie

Look, you're obviously one of those that don't believe anyone deserves a 2nd chance. I'm one of those that think they do.

That's all there is to say really. I would hope that I wouldn't suddenly turn into someone who thought the opposite if a member of my family were involved, but I imagine for the family concerned that is very hard to do.

Would you not say he kind of pissed that up the wall when charged with rape or whatever other "little" mistaken incident he's now been charged with? Just hope the courts deal with him in the correct manner given his previous obviously innocent in the wrong place kind of happenings that constantly surround him!
When the "challenge" took place an old fella sat beside me asked"who was that" to the reply came "need you ask?" kind of sums that coward up really?
Lee Hughes on 22:57 - Feb 28 with 1299 viewsBetting_man

Lee Hughes on 22:50 - Feb 28 by dale4ever

A second chance!? He's had more than that! If he was the sort to lay low so to speak and not flaunt himself all over the show during matches and also with that ridiculous celebration then maybe then he would deserve a 'second chance' but he doesn't does he, and all you useless clowns do is wear masks with his face on to pretty much condone all of his antics, joke of a club (including sacking managers for fun)

Not seen a Hughes mask at Meadow Lane for over a year, and he was doing that 'ridiculous celebration' before he was sent to prison.

But of course, we all know that really, if he were TRULY sorry, he would run over to opposition supporters and offer a public apology every time he scored against their team.

Yours, the seventh-placed 'joke club'.
Lee Hughes on 22:58 - Feb 28 with 1295 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 22:50 - Feb 28 by dale4ever

A second chance!? He's had more than that! If he was the sort to lay low so to speak and not flaunt himself all over the show during matches and also with that ridiculous celebration then maybe then he would deserve a 'second chance' but he doesn't does he, and all you useless clowns do is wear masks with his face on to pretty much condone all of his antics, joke of a club (including sacking managers for fun)

Surely you arent comparing his smiling on the pitch with him being done for causng death by dangerous driving. Are you??
Lee Hughes on 22:58 - Feb 28 with 1293 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Hughes on 22:27 - Feb 28 by visitingpie

Oh good, the inevitable Lee Hughes thread you have every single time you play us to say exactly the same thing.

Don't you have other things to worry about? Still, if it makes you feel better.....

There are several threads on this board about other aspects of tonight's game and our predicament.

Hughes got himself sent-off for a deliberate lunge at our goalkeeper when he had no chance of getting the ball.

This is a major aspect of tonight's game and as such, is worth discussing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lee Hughes on 23:03 - Feb 28 with 1267 views442Dale

Lee Hughes on 22:57 - Feb 28 by BlueDutch

FFS, County fans are right. Every time we play them this pathetic thread starts up again. Yes what he did in the past was disgraceful, he was punished albeit not enough.
As for tonight, no I didn't see it, but is our keeper in hospital or badly injured? I am sure had he wanted to maim him he would have. I don't hear a single MagPie mention Kennedy's leg breaking tackle from last week. If only our club and its players were so pure as the driven snow.

I am more worried about us only being able to muster 7 efforts on target in 90 minutes.

Kennedy's challenge last week was a fair one. You're not trying to claim otherwise, surely?

Hughes went for a ball tonight that he had no real chance if winning. Whether it was a sending off was up to the ref, but if you get red cards for stupid challenges, it was deserved.

There are plenty of posts elsewhere about how we underperformed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Hughes on 23:04 - Feb 28 with 1262 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Hughes on 22:57 - Feb 28 by BlueDutch

FFS, County fans are right. Every time we play them this pathetic thread starts up again. Yes what he did in the past was disgraceful, he was punished albeit not enough.
As for tonight, no I didn't see it, but is our keeper in hospital or badly injured? I am sure had he wanted to maim him he would have. I don't hear a single MagPie mention Kennedy's leg breaking tackle from last week. If only our club and its players were so pure as the driven snow.

I am more worried about us only being able to muster 7 efforts on target in 90 minutes.

Kennedy's tackle won the ball.

It was just the impact of both players hitting the ball at the same time that caused the leg break.

Lee Hughes on 23:04 - Feb 28 with 1256 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 22:57 - Feb 28 by nordenblue

Would you not say he kind of pissed that up the wall when charged with rape or whatever other "little" mistaken incident he's now been charged with? Just hope the courts deal with him in the correct manner given his previous obviously innocent in the wrong place kind of happenings that constantly surround him!
When the "challenge" took place an old fella sat beside me asked"who was that" to the reply came "need you ask?" kind of sums that coward up really?

Rape???? Are you serious?

If you know so little about it maybe it's really best you don't comment.
Lee Hughes on 23:06 - Feb 28 with 1233 viewsdale4ever

Lee Hughes on 23:04 - Feb 28 by visitingpie

Get back to your own board, didn't see you all here last season, wonder why that was!?
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hughes on 23:07 - Feb 28 with 1230 viewsDaleFan7

Why, what does 'sexual assault' consist of in Nottingham?
Lee Hughes on 23:08 - Feb 28 with 1219 viewsnordenblue

Would you like to enlighten us all what the police have charged him with this time he awaits a court appearance then sweetheart, or was it just an assault theme this time round? All this is allegedly though?
Lee Hughes on 23:10 - Feb 28 with 1204 viewsvisitingpie

Well if he had 'raped' anyone he would have been charged with 'rape' wouldn't he?

Did you know, that a pat on a woman's behind is considered 'sexual assault'?

Oh, and I popped on here several times last season. You do actually have some decent posters that come on our board and on here. I actually wanted you to make the playoffs last season, as I hope you stay up this season, but fgs do you HAVE to drag this up every time we play you? Hasn't it been done to death by now?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Lee Hughes on 23:15 - Feb 28 with 1180 viewsraadale

Don't care a jot for the odious mans off the field activities in this context. The point is tonight he had no chance of getting that ball and could have avoided the challenge. Instead he extended his leg and aimed at the keepers chest. No two ways about it, it was a deliberate attempt to injure the keeper. He's the worst kind of scum yet he has the backing of the fans who treat him like royalty. No wonder he keeps behaving that way.
Lee Hughes on 23:16 - Feb 28 with 1176 views442Dale

Lee Hughes on 23:10 - Feb 28 by visitingpie

Well if he had 'raped' anyone he would have been charged with 'rape' wouldn't he?

Oh, and I popped on here several times last season. You do actually have some decent posters that come on our board and on here. I actually wanted you to make the playoffs last season, as I hope you stay up this season, but fgs do you HAVE to drag this up every time we play you? Hasn't it been done to death by now?

Again, keeping it to on the pitch, Hughes attracts negative attention with his behaviour. And such a silly challenge could have cost his side a win if we'd got something in those last few minutes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Hughes on 23:20 - Feb 28 with 1162 viewsnordenblue

You deluded idiot, im fairly certain a woman wouldnt see fit to press prosecution just based on your details though? Or tell us once again we've got Mr Hughes all wrong or mistaken identity perhaps, as previous posts explain to your blinkered point of view he shouldn't be on a football pitch end of story, dress his mistakes up how you like to but one things for sure he's making an absolute joke out of your club everytime he steps foot on the pitch,
Lee Hughes on 23:20 - Feb 28 with 1162 viewsTVOS1907

Some of us haven't referred to that at all.

We've referred to the incident which saw him correctly sent off tonight.

Lee Hughes on 23:27 - Feb 28 with 1066 viewsjefferson1

Lee Hughes on 22:53 - Feb 28 by 49thseason

Oh dear, it dismays me that a club with the proud history that Notts County has can be so desperate that they employed Hughes in the first place and then compound their original mistake by continuing to allow him to play in spite of the accusations and embarrassment he brings to their club.

When you resort to putting up with such a shocking example of a professional sportsman its time to ask yourselves if the desperation for success that it displays is worth the grief and humiliation it will eventually bring down on your shoulders.

An honourable club would do the honourable thing and relegate him to the reserves until proven innocent and blameless. his continued presence on the football pitch until that time is deeply offensive to all family oriented clubs. Any lingering respect for Notts County that may have existed in the football league is being eroded by every appearance he makes and every red and yellow card he collects.
He may well get you promoted but you will be celebrating alone.

Oh dear...

Another bad result tonight then?
Lee Hughes on 23:30 - Feb 28 with 1047 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 23:20 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Some of us haven't referred to that at all.

We've referred to the incident which saw him correctly sent off tonight.

Errrrm yes, but I was replying to the person who did!
Lee Hughes on 23:32 - Feb 28 with 1036 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Hughes on 23:30 - Feb 28 by visitingpie

Errrrm yes, but I was replying to the person who did!

And I was replying to your comment about decent posters and this thing being dragged up every year, which some of us haven't done!

Lee Hughes on 23:36 - Feb 28 with 1020 viewsjefferson1

Much better banter when Harry Hill was your manager!!
Lee Hughes on 23:38 - Feb 28 with 1011 viewsD_Alien

Lee Hughes on 23:36 - Feb 28 by jefferson1

Much better banter when Harry Hill was your manager!!

Just as well your banter doesn't depend on previous managers then, you'd be bloody tongue-tied by now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lee Hughes on 23:42 - Feb 28 with 998 viewsjefferson1

Lee Hughes on 23:38 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Just as well your banter doesn't depend on previous managers then, you'd be bloody tongue-tied by now

**** yeah!! I gave up after Cotterill...
Lee Hughes on 00:36 - Feb 29 with 936 viewsShun

Visitingpie's one of the few decent c*nty fans around.

Admit it though vistingpie, you are a horrible club. 49thseason's post on the previous page summed it up perfectly. You're having a fantastic season, but the price for that is your dignity and respect. I take it it doesn't irk you that your club's reputation is in the depths, but it would me.
Lee Hughes on 00:46 - Feb 29 with 924 viewsTied_in_Notts

You're going to LOVE this video, I just know you are:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150280905084592

14 Points and You Know What

Lee Hughes on 00:50 - Feb 29 with 914 viewsjefferson1

Lee Hughes on 00:36 - Feb 29 by Shun

Admit it though vistingpie, you are a horrible club. 49thseason's post on the previous page summed it up perfectly. You're having a fantastic season, but the price for that is your dignity and respect. I take it it doesn't irk you that your club's reputation is in the depths, but it would me.

I think we'll be ok thanks Shun.
Lee Hughes on 01:05 - Feb 29 with 900 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 00:36 - Feb 29 by Shun

It's a joke how many managers we've had in the last couple of seasons, but I support my club. it's just what football fans do.

If you specifically mean Hughes then I'll have to refer you to my previous answer, I think people deserve a 2nd chance. I honestly don't see what him having a smile and a bit of banter with opposition fans has anything to do with that.

I'm fully aware that if Lee Hughes played for an opposition team then he'd probably get booed by our fans. Again, that's what football fans do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024