Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate does it again 21:54 - Jul 10 with 1090 viewsSouthamptonfan

England in the final again. Despite the moans about Southgate, England are in the final. Getting the job done, boring or not is all that matters. And Holland are a great team. Venebles, Hoddle, Keegan only ever got to the semis at best. Boring is best by the looks of it.
[Post edited 10 Jul 21:56]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Southgate does it again on 21:56 - Jul 10 with 1077 viewsSaintNick

Shades of Russell Martin

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southgate does it again on 21:57 - Jul 10 with 1071 viewsHeisenberg

Spain will be shitting themselves.

Southgate needs to drop that lump Kane. I didn’t see him do one run. Watkins comes on and does the job.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southgate does it again on 21:59 - Jul 10 with 1058 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southgate does it again on 21:56 - Jul 10 by SaintNick

Shades of Russell Martin

Absolutely. Getting the job done is all that matters.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Southgate does it again on 22:06 - Jul 10 with 1019 viewsLondonSaint76

Southgate does it again on 21:56 - Jul 10 by SaintNick

Shades of Russell Martin

Nice of Russ to lend Gareth his lucky sunglasses
[Post edited 10 Jul 22:22]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southgate does it again on 22:25 - Jul 10 with 967 viewssaintmark1976

Southgate does it again on 21:59 - Jul 10 by Southamptonfan

Absolutely. Getting the job done is all that matters.

I’ve long thought that English refs were poor ( step forward Anthony Taylor for not giving a nailed on hand ball in the Germany game ) but the guy tonight took incompetence to a new level.

For the penalty the shot over the bar from Kane had already left his foot before the Dutch player made contact.What is the point of V A R if he can’t even see that in slow motion ? Interestingly not one England player appealed for a penalty.

Leading up to our winning goal he completely missed by error or design an England player having the last touch on a Dutch cross and gave a goal kick when every man and his dog could see it should have been a corner.

Poor or corrupt ? Only he knows I suppose. Nonetheless he took the shine off of the result for me.

Hopefully for the Final on Sunday they will appoint somebody who vaguely knows what he is doing.
Southgate does it again on 23:48 - Jul 10 with 881 viewscocklebreath

Southgate does it again on 22:25 - Jul 10 by saintmark1976

I’ve long thought that English refs were poor ( step forward Anthony Taylor for not giving a nailed on hand ball in the Germany game ) but the guy tonight took incompetence to a new level.

For the penalty the shot over the bar from Kane had already left his foot before the Dutch player made contact.What is the point of V A R if he can’t even see that in slow motion ? Interestingly not one England player appealed for a penalty.

Leading up to our winning goal he completely missed by error or design an England player having the last touch on a Dutch cross and gave a goal kick when every man and his dog could see it should have been a corner.

Poor or corrupt ? Only he knows I suppose. Nonetheless he took the shine off of the result for me.

Hopefully for the Final on Sunday they will appoint somebody who vaguely knows what he is doing.

Never mind England win, are you Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Australian?
Very strange being so angry about a decision going our way

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southgate does it again on 00:09 - Jul 11 with 866 viewssaintmark1976

Southgate does it again on 23:48 - Jul 10 by cocklebreath

Never mind England win, are you Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Australian?
Very strange being so angry about a decision going our way

When I last looked at my Birth Certificate I’m pretty sure it confirmed that I’m English.

Maybe it’s because there are a lot more years behind me than in front that I’m not one of the modern day win at all cost merchants.

By any standard the referee tonight was poor. Interestingly the media suggest that he was banned for six months in 2005 for taking a bribe, not that I’m suggesting he’s corrupt of course.
Southgate does it again on 08:10 - Jul 11 with 715 viewsBerber

Southgate does it again on 21:57 - Jul 10 by Heisenberg

Spain will be shitting themselves.

Southgate needs to drop that lump Kane. I didn’t see him do one run. Watkins comes on and does the job.

Unfair, he ran back towards his own goal quite a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Southgate does it again on 08:14 - Jul 11 with 714 viewsdarthvader

Southgate does it again on 00:09 - Jul 11 by saintmark1976

When I last looked at my Birth Certificate I’m pretty sure it confirmed that I’m English.

Maybe it’s because there are a lot more years behind me than in front that I’m not one of the modern day win at all cost merchants.

By any standard the referee tonight was poor. Interestingly the media suggest that he was banned for six months in 2005 for taking a bribe, not that I’m suggesting he’s corrupt of course.

If the penalty went against us for the same thing i would have been raging.

However we have to take it . Plenty enough over the years has gone against us so personally i think sod it ... remember the pain of the goal over the line or the handball ,the list goes on .. the one player who thought it was a penalty was kane . Momentum is with us

keep the faith coyr

Southgate does it again on 09:04 - Jul 11 with 669 viewsmushinexile

Cocklebreath, what a strange response to suggest that if you were not happy to get a wrong decision in your favour, then you weren't English.

I am.

We pride ourselves on fair play.

We call it Sportsmanship.

In my opinion it was not a penalty but the referee's decision and all that.
Glad we won because we played better than the Netherlands did.
Good luck to England on Sunday.
[Post edited 11 Jul 9:09]
Southgate does it again on 09:34 - Jul 11 with 634 viewskingslandstand1

Southgate does it again on 09:04 - Jul 11 by mushinexile

Cocklebreath, what a strange response to suggest that if you were not happy to get a wrong decision in your favour, then you weren't English.

I am.

Tbf at the time my 1st reaction was that it was a pen as the Dutch guy got it wrong and was beaten to the ball, butso I'll take it, but it was a very close decision
And yes I'd have been peed off if it was the other way round and they got the pen
So I'll take the pen and sorry to the Dutch, but also tough titty to the Dutch
Southgate does it again on 09:41 - Jul 11 with 616 viewskingslandstand1

Southgate does it again on 09:04 - Jul 11 by mushinexile

I am.

Tbf at the time my 1st reaction was that it was a pen as the Dutch guy got it wrong and was beaten to the ball, butso I'll take it, but it was a very close decision
And yes I'd have been peed off if it was the other way round and they got the pen
So I'll take the pen and sorry to the Dutch, but also tough titty to the Dutch
Southgate does it again on 11:24 - Jul 11 with 558 viewsdirk_doone

All the praise he's received on here over the years is richly deserved.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southgate does it again on 11:42 - Jul 11 with 550 viewschasaint80

Southgate does it again on 00:09 - Jul 11 by saintmark1976

As you say have a lot of years behind you then you'll remember Maradona handball 86, Koeman no red in 93, Beckham wrongly sent off and Sol Campbell goal ruled out 98, Lampard over the line 2010, Saka assault by Chiellini 2020

Fook fair play, we've earnt a bit of luck and we were the better side on the night overall and deserved to go through
Southgate does it again on 12:40 - Jul 11 with 517 viewssaintmark1976

Southgate does it again on 11:42 - Jul 11 by chasaint80

As you say have a lot of years behind you then you'll remember Maradona handball 86, Koeman no red in 93, Beckham wrongly sent off and Sol Campbell goal ruled out 98, Lampard over the line 2010, Saka assault by Chiellini 2020

Fook fair play, we've earnt a bit of luck and we were the better side on the night overall and deserved to go through

Fully agree chasaint80 we’ve earnest a bit of luck but not sure I agree with your comment about fair play and yes we were the better side on the night.

Reference all the examples of previous injustices I believe I’m correct in saying they were all pre V A R ?

Yesterday the referee initially gave a goal kick and his decision was changed. Was the outcome correct . Oddly enough a poll of viewers in the sports section of the B B C suggests that by a margin of two to one the answer was “ no”. Not that it matters now so onwards to Sunday.
Southgate does it again on 19:25 - Jul 11 with 371 viewsPatfromPoole

Guten Tag from Berlin.

Out first ever Final abroad.

Look at who is out of the competition.

Yes, we had a good draw, but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Southgate deserves a knighthood.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southgate does it again on 19:39 - Jul 11 with 362 viewssledger

kane needs to be benched but softgate hasnt got the balls to do it,watkins scoring has probably got him cr+pping himself over selection
Southgate does it again on 19:46 - Jul 11 with 361 viewsLondonSaint76

Southgate does it again on 19:25 - Jul 11 by PatfromPoole

Guten Tag from Berlin.

Out first ever Final abroad.

Look at who is out of the competition.

Yes, we had a good draw, but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Southgate deserves a knighthood.

If they win on Sunday, make him Earl of Southgate 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️
[Post edited 11 Jul 19:47]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024