Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 680836 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:04 - Jul 23 with 12195 viewsjeffranger

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Les-queens-park-rangers-et-metz-se-pl
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:59 - Jul 23 with 11673 viewseghamranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:04 - Jul 23 by jeffranger

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Les-queens-park-rangers-et-metz-se-pl

I’m a bit girls aloud about this….. I don’t speak French
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:08 - Jul 23 with 11557 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:04 - Jul 23 by jeffranger

If the rumours about our interest are to believed, it would appear that he only started in five games for Gijon, Spanish 2nd tier, out of the 22 in which he was included in the match day squad. Mooted offer tabled by us of 1.2m euros! Not believing that.
[Post edited 23 Jul 13:11]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:15 - Jul 23 with 11513 viewsTomMorgz7

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:08 - Jul 23 by Loyalitat

If the rumours about our interest are to believed, it would appear that he only started in five games for Gijon, Spanish 2nd tier, out of the 22 in which he was included in the match day squad. Mooted offer tabled by us of 1.2m euros! Not believing that.

1.2 ish and high sell-on clause in fairness
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:07 - Jul 23 with 11137 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:15 - Jul 23 by TomMorgz7

1.2 ish and high sell-on clause in fairness

Expecting competion from Metz, who got relegated from Ligue 1 last season and are looking for an immediate return to that level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:15 - Jul 23 with 11072 viewseastside_r

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:07 - Jul 23 by derbyhoop

Expecting competion from Metz, who got relegated from Ligue 1 last season and are looking for an immediate return to that level.

With your local knowledge, would Metz be seen as an attractive proposition?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:22 - Jul 23 with 10947 viewsTheChef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:15 - Jul 23 by eastside_r

Bit more scary as I recall.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:32 - Jul 23 with 10894 viewsLandshark

The top comment on the discussion section of that website (translated).

"Between Metz and London, life choices are complicated"

Which I am guessing would mean living in Metz is not an attractive proposition.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:24 - Jul 23 with 10576 viewskingsburyR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:23 - Jul 23 by derbyhoop

Uncs has signed a 1 year deal with Walsall.

Good luck to him.

He obviously loves playing. Can't fault that!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:34 - Jul 23 with 10484 viewsdmm

This piece on Varane gives a bit more clarity: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/queens-park-rangers-join-metz-in-the-
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:05 - Jul 23 with 9591 viewsdmm

Some interesting analysis on Jonathan Varane

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:26 - Jul 23 with 9452 viewshubble

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:05 - Jul 23 by dmm

Some interesting analysis on Jonathan Varane

That's a brilliant analysis. Gotta say, I like the look of this lad, and as Sam says, he fits perfectly in Marti's preferred 4-1-4-1 system. A younger Isaac Hayden in many ways.

This joined-up thinking between the board and the manager and the coaching staff is slightly blowing my mind.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:41 - Jul 24 with 8535 viewsderbyhoop

Metz are confident of an immediate return to Ligue 1. Metz are a good size but not top drawer. IMO it will depend if Varane wants to return to France. And whether clubs can agree on a fee.
Reported that we'd had a 2m€ bid rejected but gone back with 1.2m€ + add ons. Seems a bit odd, if correct.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:09 - Jul 24 with 7989 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:41 - Jul 24 by derbyhoop

Metz are confident of an immediate return to Ligue 1. Metz are a good size but not top drawer. IMO it will depend if Varane wants to return to France. And whether clubs can agree on a fee.
Reported that we'd had a 2m€ bid rejected but gone back with 1.2m€ + add ons. Seems a bit odd, if correct.

sounds a bit andre dozzell to me , its great we a re looking further afield but dont like the idea of the squad being made up of all cheap european imports to be honest , few more lower league english player who are used to the rough and tumble of english football

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:30 - Jul 24 with 7847 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:09 - Jul 24 by wombat

sounds a bit andre dozzell to me , its great we a re looking further afield but dont like the idea of the squad being made up of all cheap european imports to be honest , few more lower league english player who are used to the rough and tumble of english football

Dozzell was a lower league English player!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:30 - Jul 24 with 7511 viewsSpaceman_P

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:08 - Jul 23 by Loyalitat

I live in Gijon, they're my local side here in Spain. Can't really remember seeing this bloke the times they have played. But Sporting Gijon do have a striker who can find goals 'Uroš Milovanović' who I rate as a striker. But he's kind of lost in the second division of Spanish football.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:04 - Jul 24 with 7266 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:30 - Jul 24 by aston_hoop

Dozzell was a lower league English player!

Precisely, Dozzell was more ruff and tumble gelling his hair. Not sure how much those stereo-types about English players still apply. Many have been coached to "play football" and we have had many a midfielder ala Tom Carroll who regarded the prospect of a tackle much as Ann Widdecombe would a venereal disease. I don't care about nationality, its all about the attributes of the individual.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:47 - Jul 24 with 6971 viewsMyke

Slightly off topic but does anyone know what Hayden's wages would be? If we actually have 1m to spend would it be better spent on his wages over a couple of years
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 6895 viewsHoopsie

If the varane deal CTN, are we going for Hayden? Not sure which is the cheaper option. But Hayden it would seem a “safer” option as he did well for us, loved being here but his current contract and wage might be the stumbling block, and his age - not a develop and sell prospect?

We could use some experience and familiarity with the league, Hayden will hit the ground running

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 6891 viewsTonto

But Hayden has little to no sell on value given his age. That's not the Nourry model.

Do t get me wrong, I liked Hayden, but if there is a cheaper, younger version out there, who we could sell for profit, then that's where we should be going.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 6840 viewsTonto

For my own benefit I worked out that £1.2M (the fee being quoted) works out as £7.5k per week over a 3 year contract (which seems a reasonable assumption). So if Hayden wants 7.5k a week more than Varane, he is more expensive.

I recall Hayden is currently getting well.over £30k a week isn't he? So it would be a huge loss to co.e down to a value for money level.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:24 - Jul 24 with 6461 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:30 - Jul 24 by Spaceman_P

I live in Gijon, they're my local side here in Spain. Can't really remember seeing this bloke the times they have played. But Sporting Gijon do have a striker who can find goals 'Uroš Milovanović' who I rate as a striker. But he's kind of lost in the second division of Spanish football.

That's a nice part of the world you live in - good food, fantastic cider.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:54 - Jul 24 with 5450 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

So Paal to Watford was a load of b0ll0x, after all, then.

Good stuff.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:02 - Jul 25 with 3028 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:54 - Jul 24 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

So Paal to Watford was a load of b0ll0x, after all, then.

Good stuff.

matt phillips training with wycombe , dosnt fit the buy them cheap sell then on stratergy but nice bit of experience and prob low wages , handy squad player to have at this level

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:25 - Jul 25 with 2658 viewsSpongeParr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:02 - Jul 25 by wombat

matt phillips training with wycombe , dosnt fit the buy them cheap sell then on stratergy but nice bit of experience and prob low wages , handy squad player to have at this level

He was rubbish for us back when he was 'good' so I wouldn't want him back now he is older and past his best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024