Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crystal Palace…… 22:01 - Dec 21 with 10468 viewsNoDiddley

What’s the point?
Not going to google their Premiership league finishes over the last whatever, but probably 13th, 14th, 12th, not done Europa league, no cup runs? What are they trying to achieve?
This probably applies to some other clubs but I’ve just watched them grind out a draw v Brighton!
Crystal Palace…… on 10:24 - Dec 22 with 2662 viewsWatford_Ranger

Even though our years back in the Prem were often crap it was still a huge buzz building up to the games against the big clubs. Half the time now I rock up on a Saturday not knowing which opposition players we’re up against. And we beat Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea (x2) which at one time I thought I’d never see us do. I don’t think I’d get bored having that opportunity again.

Exciting away days in places that aren’t stuck in 1993 and there are actual working trains too sometimes. Loads of London/nearby games. Couple of nearby seaside trips. Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea twice a year rather than Millwall, Preston and Rotherham.
Crystal Palace…… on 10:43 - Dec 22 with 2594 viewsSydneyRs

Could say the same for Brentford and others, just hanging around lower to mid table until the inevitable relegation comes. Apart from the money, which you mostly have to spend trying to survive, not really that exciting.
Crystal Palace…… on 10:44 - Dec 22 with 2590 viewsSydneyRs

Crystal Palace…… on 10:24 - Dec 22 by Watford_Ranger

Even though our years back in the Prem were often crap it was still a huge buzz building up to the games against the big clubs. Half the time now I rock up on a Saturday not knowing which opposition players we’re up against. And we beat Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea (x2) which at one time I thought I’d never see us do. I don’t think I’d get bored having that opportunity again.

Exciting away days in places that aren’t stuck in 1993 and there are actual working trains too sometimes. Loads of London/nearby games. Couple of nearby seaside trips. Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea twice a year rather than Millwall, Preston and Rotherham.

Five years or more and the novelty I'm sure wears off.
Crystal Palace…… on 11:17 - Dec 22 with 2555 viewsTheChef

QPR....

what's the point??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Crystal Palace…… on 11:41 - Dec 22 with 2524 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crystal Palace…… on 10:44 - Dec 22 by SydneyRs

Five years or more and the novelty I'm sure wears off.

Doubt it wears off more than the joy of five years in the Northern Championship. £30 a ticket away too.
Crystal Palace…… on 12:01 - Dec 22 with 2474 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Remember when they were in administration and we were able to take their manager and a few players? They've clearly been run well in the interim and we haven't. Hanging around in the Premier League, however mundane, means they can now buy our brightest stars.
Crystal Palace…… on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 2450 viewsswitchingcode

Crystal Palace…… on 09:14 - Dec 22 by Jimthehip

Are you not enjoying seeing Brentford completely outplay the biggest London clubs though??

When I see Brentofrd destroying Chelsea I'm so jealous! its incredible. I think what Brentford have done over the last 15 years is arguably one of the greatest achievements in football. I know I sound like a dick when I say this, but honestly if you told me Brentford would be in this position in my lifetime I would have laughed my head off. Maybe that's the famed qpr fan false sense of superiority that's rss fans have cooked up to delude ourselves eh? ;p But nah you guys have completely shut everyone up who used to laugh at you and you're probably quadrupled the following the club has!

Make sure you enjoy these moments mate. You sound like you've followed your team loyally and had to put up with years of getting beaten regularly.

Your perspective is of interest to me also as QPR have been a struggling championship team for 30 odd years now.

Yes I can add to winning at spurs Man City to that but the normal matchday experience is not as enjoyable both home and away.We have a great new stadium that is perfect for a club of our size but us old fans have all been split up as what happens when move stadiums.Although some of us have bought STs in a block of about 20 together you are surrounded by new fans ( that’s a discussion in its self ).I don’t miss the old Griffin Park as it was a dump in the end and was like a sardine can when over 10000 attended but miss the matchday experience.I am in the minority amongst my group but more are starting to share my opinion as the fixtures keep changing (3 where announced yesterday for Feb ) and VAR continues to ruin games.First season was like a dream new stadium watching top teams and beating some but that has gradually changed for the reasons I have given.
Crystal Palace…… on 12:17 - Dec 22 with 2454 viewsBluce_Ree

They've had a decade of Premier League stability which, aside from all the major benefits of that, meant they could take Eze away from us.

Look, essentially football is shit for teams of our level. There are, realistically, like four or five teams who can win shit and everyone else is just there to prop them up. We're like the white guy who finishes last in the 100 metre final two seconds behind Usain Bolt. We all are.

So do you want to be QPR shit? Or Palace shit? Probably Palace shit right? At least they've got people who score goals and can occasionally beat a bigger side.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Crystal Palace…… on 12:42 - Dec 22 with 2398 viewsaston_hoop

THE bucket list thing for me related to QPR is seeing us play in Europe. Just one season with one of those Europa Conference League groups involving a trip to a nice Portuguese destination, a big piss up in Krakow or Prague or somewhere and then some eastern European backwater I've never heard of. The team who finished 5th in Armenia or something. It'd be class and I want it and I'm going to every game. At least Palace start every season a couple of steps closer to that than we do every season.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Crystal Palace…… on 13:17 - Dec 22 with 2342 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crystal Palace…… on 12:42 - Dec 22 by aston_hoop

THE bucket list thing for me related to QPR is seeing us play in Europe. Just one season with one of those Europa Conference League groups involving a trip to a nice Portuguese destination, a big piss up in Krakow or Prague or somewhere and then some eastern European backwater I've never heard of. The team who finished 5th in Armenia or something. It'd be class and I want it and I'm going to every game. At least Palace start every season a couple of steps closer to that than we do every season.

Speaking my language brother.
Crystal Palace…… on 13:26 - Dec 22 with 2298 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Me too. Would love a European campaign.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crystal Palace…… on 13:28 - Dec 22 with 2294 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crystal Palace…… on 13:26 - Dec 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Bohemians (A)
Crystal Palace…… on 13:56 - Dec 22 with 2254 viewsLongsufferingR

The only reason I want to get back to the Prem at some stage is for my 12 year old son. I've seen us beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool etc many times, I've seen us lift a trophy, I've seen us at Wembley, I've seen us get promoted, I've seen us in European competition. He hasn't, and as he's chosen the difficult path instead of going with a current top 6 side, nothing would make me happier than seeing his face on the day we win promotion.
Crystal Palace…… on 14:31 - Dec 22 with 2204 viewsToast_R

Could say exactly the same for QPR... but we're doing it in the league below playing shit teams on shit budgets and still getting turned over every week.

I would snatch your bloody hand off for what they have achieved in the last decade.
Crystal Palace…… on 15:01 - Dec 22 with 2152 viewskensalriser

Crystal Palace…… on 13:26 - Dec 22 by BrianMcCarthy

We won the Ibiza Cup, what more could you want?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Crystal Palace…… on 19:04 - Dec 22 with 1994 viewsNorrisGreen

Normally, clubs from about 7th/8th down in the Prem have a negative goal difference and a mediocre points tally. I suppose the perennial midtable teams dream of having a mini-spurt and bagging a place in that tin-pot EuroPlate thing. Seeing your team play in some Eastern European outpost where you can get drunk and get your leg-over for under £20 definitely has an appeal I think.
Crystal Palace…… on 20:41 - Dec 22 with 1903 viewsNoDiddley

Crystal Palace…… on 08:26 - Dec 22 by stevec

Perhaps the OP should take a look at us and see that we’ve been doing exactly the same, just we’re doing it in the Championship whilst Palace do it in the Premier.

Very similar club and support to us, I’m not sure we are in the position to denigrate their achievements.

My point is , once you’ve cemented your place in the premiership there must be an end product?
Palace fans “Going Saturday, we might nick a point? “ roll on next season.
I’d rather watch us fighting for something rather than the same old shite.
Crystal Palace…… on 20:54 - Dec 22 with 1885 viewsnumptydumpty

Crystal Palace…… on 20:41 - Dec 22 by NoDiddley

My point is , once you’ve cemented your place in the premiership there must be an end product?

Jeez Diddley

Err think all of us apart from your good self would swap our current status with Crystal Palaces current plight.

For me this is a non thread.
A complete irrelevance.

We could watch our decent players up against some of the best players in the world and when we pinch the odd win, would be a massive buzz.

As opposed to us losing six one away at Blackpool or five nil away at Watford, which you weirdly seem to get more from.

Very strange !!!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 20:56]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Crystal Palace…… on 22:29 - Dec 22 with 1798 viewskensalriser

Crystal Palace…… on 20:41 - Dec 22 by NoDiddley

In what way is scrapping to stay away from circling the drain into the third tier not the same old shite?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Crystal Palace…… on 23:59 - Dec 22 with 1734 viewsearthdweller

yeah because being close to relegation in the championship sure beats mid-table obscurity in the premier league. id have qpr switch places with any team in the premier league in an instant.
Crystal Palace…… on 09:59 - Dec 23 with 1590 viewsRangersDave

Crystal Palace…… on 13:28 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bohemians (A)

Like to see us shove it up AEK Athens (A) to be honest...... payback!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 9:59]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Crystal Palace…… on 13:26 - Dec 23 with 1511 viewsJimthehip

Crystal Palace…… on 12:11 - Dec 22 by switchingcode

Yes I can add to winning at spurs Man City to that but the normal matchday experience is not as enjoyable both home and away.We have a great new stadium that is perfect for a club of our size but us old fans have all been split up as what happens when move stadiums.Although some of us have bought STs in a block of about 20 together you are surrounded by new fans ( that’s a discussion in its self ).I don’t miss the old Griffin Park as it was a dump in the end and was like a sardine can when over 10000 attended but miss the matchday experience.I am in the minority amongst my group but more are starting to share my opinion as the fixtures keep changing (3 where announced yesterday for Feb ) and VAR continues to ruin games.First season was like a dream new stadium watching top teams and beating some but that has gradually changed for the reasons I have given.

Well I must say I think you wanna make sure you do appreciate it! It's staggering what has happened at Brentford.
Crystal Palace…… on 20:35 - Jan 4 with 1218 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve had to turn the sound off on their game tonight.30 minutes so far of non stop drivel coming from their14year old fanatics.Please nobody ever bring a drum to Loftus Road.
Crystal Palace…… on 20:55 - Jan 4 with 1151 viewsGroveR

Crystal Palace…… on 20:35 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

I’ve had to turn the sound off on their game tonight.30 minutes so far of non stop drivel coming from their14year old fanatics.Please nobody ever bring a drum to Loftus Road.

Palace fans have fascinated me ever since I started following football. They're either spotty teens who drag race souped-up Vauxhall Novas with wànker-cannon exhausts down the Purley Way when not making throat-slitting gestures at whoever they're playing or train-spotting Nigels who have never seen a real vagina but possess the world's biggest collection of mint condition Hornby R186 signal boxes.

Fascinating.
Crystal Palace…… on 21:02 - Jan 4 with 1125 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crystal Palace…… on 20:35 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

Not really for me but it’s an atmosphere which is better than no atmosphere. Woeful game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024