Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crystal Palace…… 22:01 - Dec 21 with 10475 viewsNoDiddley

What’s the point?
Not going to google their Premiership league finishes over the last whatever, but probably 13th, 14th, 12th, not done Europa league, no cup runs? What are they trying to achieve?
This probably applies to some other clubs but I’ve just watched them grind out a draw v Brighton!
Crystal Palace…… on 21:07 - Jan 4 with 1440 viewsstowmarketrange

Crystal Palace…… on 21:02 - Jan 4 by Watford_Ranger

Not really for me but it’s an atmosphere which is better than no atmosphere. Woeful game.

Singing I can understand but some prat banging on a drum for 90 minutes does my head in.
Crystal Palace…… on 21:36 - Jan 4 with 1308 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Jeez, that VAR decision. Game's gone.
Crystal Palace…… on 21:40 - Jan 4 with 1288 viewsbosh67

Crystal Palace…… on 21:36 - Jan 4 by Wegerles_Stairs

That is the sh*ttest VAR decision so far. Absolute joke. Calvert-Lewin should get a pardon from the King for that. Laughable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Crystal Palace…… on 21:43 - Jan 4 with 1268 viewsHayesender

Crystal Palace…… on 21:40 - Jan 4 by bosh67

That is the sh*ttest VAR decision so far. Absolute joke. Calvert-Lewin should get a pardon from the King for that. Laughable.

I think Charlie boy may be a bit busy trying to bail his brother out again, but yes, shocking decision there by all involved. Christ alive, that wasn't even a foul

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crystal Palace…… on 21:43 - Jan 4 with 1262 viewsR_from_afar

Crystal Palace…… on 20:55 - Jan 4 by GroveR

Palace fans have fascinated me ever since I started following football. They're either spotty teens who drag race souped-up Vauxhall Novas with wànker-cannon exhausts down the Purley Way when not making throat-slitting gestures at whoever they're playing or train-spotting Nigels who have never seen a real vagina but possess the world's biggest collection of mint condition Hornby R186 signal boxes.

Fascinating.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Crystal Palace…… on 21:47 - Jan 4 with 1228 viewsJamesB1979

I thought it was a red. He didn’t mean to do it, he didn’t even mean to touch him let alone foul him but he went in studs up and pretty high off the ground. He should be going in with laces of his boots. Can’t blame officials there.
Crystal Palace…… on 21:49 - Jan 4 with 1215 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Crystal Palace…… on 08:10 - Dec 22 by Loyalitat

There really isn't a debate to be had. This is their 10th consecutive season at the top table, might as well say 11th, as I don't see the bottom three sides getting 20 points by the season's end.

Throughout their time at the top, they've never "done a QPR"/having ideas above their station, by wasting huge amounts of money on dross like J Barton et al. A player who did next to nothing for us in the Premier League, yet he's feted for having done an okay job for us in the championship. If his wages were commensurate with the championship, then fair enough but they weren't.

Instead, they've brought in younger talents from other clubs such as: Andersen, Eze, Olise, Guehi, C Doucoure. Brought through their system: T Mitchell and recently David Ozoh. Now if that's boring, I want that in bucket loads. Well done Palace for remaining true to themselves.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 9:02]

Absolutely.....no debate at all

Maybe there would be a debate if there was some connection left here with our club, players who care, exciting young players, being competitive, giving our all, but with this lot and the absolute landfill of recent years theres no way I wouldn't prefer doing what they are doing.....hate to admit it and yeah it's hard but it can not be denied

[Post edited 4 Jan 21:50]
Crystal Palace…… on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 1207 viewsstowmarketrange

Crystal Palace…… on 21:36 - Jan 4 by Wegerles_Stairs

If they can’t use var at every game in each round they shouldn’t be using it at any.
Login to get fewer ads

Crystal Palace…… on 14:52 - Jan 5 with 729 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Crystal Palace…… on 21:50 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

If they can’t use var at every game in each round they shouldn’t be using it at any.

Possibly the only that's been said about VAR that is correct, and you said it. Now, bring your boots, you're starting up-top tomorrow.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Crystal Palace…… on 16:14 - Jan 5 with 642 viewsstowmarketrange

Crystal Palace…… on 14:52 - Jan 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Possibly the only that's been said about VAR that is correct, and you said it. Now, bring your boots, you're starting up-top tomorrow.

Unfortunately I’ve only got 1 boot intact as the sole has come off the other one and flaps about a lot.Will that do?Ive named it the Rob Green boot.
Crystal Palace…… on 17:23 - Jan 5 with 549 viewsManinBlack

What is the point of QPR? We don't do cup runs either and our ambition is to finish 16th in the Championship. Year after year of mid to lower mid table a division below Palace. What are we trying to achieve?

The fact is Palace are raking in more money than us ensuring their future where they can buy players like Eze from us and if they do falter and get relegated they will be financially rewarded to try and get straight back to the Premier league. We won't get compensated dropping down into league 1 to finance a return to the Championship.

The reality for clubs like us, Palace, Brentford, Fulham etc is 7th place in the Premiership is the highest position you are likely to reach when you have the mega bucks Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs plying to be in the top 4, maybe 5 in future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024