Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pray tell 21:39 - Jan 5 with 2107 viewsROTTWEILERS

How is a full main stand a victory for NAPM?

I'm not denigrating anybody's efforts but please, let's all be honest.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Pray tell on 22:03 - Jan 5 with 1627 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Full?

there were 3737 home fans there tonight. I think that is an extraordinary victory for the boycott. If you genuinely think otherwise then I'm not sure what would satisfy you.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Pray tell on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 1619 viewsstu

Pray tell on 22:03 - Jan 5 by basilrobbiereborn

Full?

there were 3737 home fans there tonight. I think that is an extraordinary victory for the boycott. If you genuinely think otherwise then I'm not sure what would satisfy you.

Was there a demonstration outside. Anyone know?

Tangerine is the new black

Pray tell on 03:55 - Jan 6 with 1567 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Looked a win for NAPM to me. Watching on TV, the whole thing felt Surreal. Really struggling to describe how I thought the whole thing came across on TV.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 7:09]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Pray tell on 07:42 - Jan 6 with 1548 viewsseasider81

Pray tell on 03:55 - Jan 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Looked a win for NAPM to me. Watching on TV, the whole thing felt Surreal. Really struggling to describe how I thought the whole thing came across on TV.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 7:09]

Shocking post.
Pray tell on 07:56 - Jan 6 with 1544 viewsstu

Pray tell on 07:42 - Jan 6 by seasider81

Shocking post.

What’s a shocking post

Pray tell on 08:54 - Jan 6 with 1523 viewsROTTWEILERS

Pray tell on 07:56 - Jan 6 by stu

What’s a shocking post

It's a genuine question. Solihull was a decent advert for the boycott, not yesterday.

Pray tell on 08:57 - Jan 6 with 1522 viewsLala

Pray tell on 07:56 - Jan 6 by stu

What’s a shocking post

Tommy an respond for himself when he wakes up

But no such thing as shocking posts on here, as long as it isn't abusive, which it isn't 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Pray tell on 09:03 - Jan 6 with 1517 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Pray tell on 08:57 - Jan 6 by Lala

Tommy an respond for himself when he wakes up

But no such thing as shocking posts on here, as long as it isn't abusive, which it isn't 👍

Home stands were 33% full ( actually less as all corporate will be in that figure ) for a game that would have sold out in the blink of an eye but for NAPM

That included the plastic prem fans / neutrals who took up some of the seats on offer

Job done I’d say

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

Pray tell on 09:26 - Jan 6 with 1507 viewsHannibal

Pray tell on 09:03 - Jan 6 by TwelveAngryMen

Home stands were 33% full ( actually less as all corporate will be in that figure ) for a game that would have sold out in the blink of an eye but for NAPM

That included the plastic prem fans / neutrals who took up some of the seats on offer

Job done I’d say

The plastic prem fans.

I’m so glad you’ve decided to come over here to put us all right.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Pray tell on 09:28 - Jan 6 with 1506 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After a sleep.
Think the empty seats was the best protest for awhile, very powerful & spoke volumes imho. Finally remembered what it reminded me of, while watching it on TV, felt like one of those pre-season friendlies from a few years back.

As for the game , can't criticise the players, think they tried, however the gulf in class seemed massive, and tbh, thought Arsenal always seemed that they could step up a couple of gears further if they wanted to.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 9:31]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Pray tell on 09:31 - Jan 6 with 1505 viewsROTTWEILERS

Pray tell on 09:03 - Jan 6 by TwelveAngryMen

Job done I’d say

We are able to break it down into % of home fans and + plastics minus away fans, but most watching telly just see bums on seats. I just find those images juxtaposed with praise for a boycott a little incongruous, that's all.

Pray tell on 09:52 - Jan 6 with 1494 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Pray tell on 09:26 - Jan 6 by Hannibal

The plastic prem fans.

I’m so glad you’ve decided to come over here to put us all right.

TAM is almost certainly right though Hannibal.

As you are not a dyed in the wool football fan you perhaps underestimate what a pull the FAC has. Grimsby took over 5,000 to Palace yesterday, Lincoln took even more to Everton, even Ipswich who are having a terrible time of it took 1200 to Accrington.

Meanwhile our fanbase has, very largely, turned its back on a "glamour" tie in its own backyard. Most of us know that a draw such as this always brings out the local thrill-seekers, and from 2010-11 we know that there are a lot of people locally who will come and watch Arsenal and Man United but won't come to watch Birmingham and Reading.

I'm sure there were quite a few of those there yesterday, which, when you knock off the corporates, freebies and other hangers on makes the number even more impressive. Which is why I think the OP is fundamentally wrong. And knowing just how much hard work goes into getting the kind of media interest we have had, it is very pleasing to see Lottie and her team getting a tangible reward.

Pray tell on 10:02 - Jan 6 with 1487 viewsstu

Pray tell on 09:52 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

TAM is almost certainly right though Hannibal.

As you are not a dyed in the wool football fan you perhaps underestimate what a pull the FAC has. Grimsby took over 5,000 to Palace yesterday, Lincoln took even more to Everton, even Ipswich who are having a terrible time of it took 1200 to Accrington.

Meanwhile our fanbase has, very largely, turned its back on a "glamour" tie in its own backyard. Most of us know that a draw such as this always brings out the local thrill-seekers, and from 2010-11 we know that there are a lot of people locally who will come and watch Arsenal and Man United but won't come to watch Birmingham and Reading.

I'm sure there were quite a few of those there yesterday, which, when you knock off the corporates, freebies and other hangers on makes the number even more impressive. Which is why I think the OP is fundamentally wrong. And knowing just how much hard work goes into getting the kind of media interest we have had, it is very pleasing to see Lottie and her team getting a tangible reward.

The egos have landed

Pray tell on 10:12 - Jan 6 with 1480 viewsLala

Pray tell on 10:02 - Jan 6 by stu

The egos have landed

I think it looked more full than I would have thought if I'm honest, but as Tommy says nobody is denigrating the effort, I am a NAPM myself.

Maybe it's just the angle or the way the fans were distributed.

Either way from what TAM has been implying we are potentially at the end of this mess now if VB changes tact aren't we 🤗

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Pray tell on 10:14 - Jan 6 with 1477 viewsspell_chekker

The egos have landed

Less than 4,000 home fans is without doubt a small number of fans for this tie. I would have liked to have seen less though.

Personally, I think references to 'plastics' etc are childish.

I don't judge a person on how many games they go to or how many miles they travel to see BFC.

I didn't even watch the match on TV yesterday because I preferred doing something else. Football is no longer the be all and end all for me and will never rule my life again. And, do you know what? I'm happier that way, just retaining an interest in it.

I don't give a flying one.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Pray tell on 10:23 - Jan 6 with 1471 viewsseasider81

Pray tell on 10:14 - Jan 6 by spell_chekker

Less than 4,000 home fans is without doubt a small number of fans for this tie. I would have liked to have seen less though.

Personally, I think references to 'plastics' etc are childish.

I don't judge a person on how many games they go to or how many miles they travel to see BFC.

I didn't even watch the match on TV yesterday because I preferred doing something else. Football is no longer the be all and end all for me and will never rule my life again. And, do you know what? I'm happier that way, just retaining an interest in it.

I don't give a flying one.

3,700 'home's fans in the FA Cup against Arsensl is unheard of. Even in our dark days, we would almost doubled that. How anyone can claim that yesterday wasn't a victory for NAPM is quite frankly beyond belief.

The gate was only swelled by the neutrals and away fans. It proves that the boycott is about principal and not divisional status. Thankfully we were well beaten as Oyston has made enough in recent weeks in gate receipts.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 10:24]
Pray tell on 10:26 - Jan 6 with 1465 viewsROTTWEILERS

Pray tell on 10:23 - Jan 6 by seasider81

3,700 'home's fans in the FA Cup against Arsensl is unheard of. Even in our dark days, we would almost doubled that. How anyone can claim that yesterday wasn't a victory for NAPM is quite frankly beyond belief.

The gate was only swelled by the neutrals and away fans. It proves that the boycott is about principal and not divisional status. Thankfully we were well beaten as Oyston has made enough in recent weeks in gate receipts.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 10:24]

seasider81. On the subject of cash... One also wonders how much BFC Hotel charged the club for that advertising yesterday 🤔

Pray tell on 10:38 - Jan 6 with 1453 viewsokeh_for_some

Pray tell on 10:26 - Jan 6 by ROTTWEILERS

seasider81. On the subject of cash... One also wonders how much BFC Hotel charged the club for that advertising yesterday 🤔

Successive home games of circa 10,000 fans plus associated TV revenues can hardly be described as a victory of any sort if the object is to starve the Club of money.
Pray tell on 10:42 - Jan 6 with 1450 viewsHannibal

The egos have landed

They certainly have stu. Now I’m getting lectured by those ‘in the know’ better, more important than you fan types who are not satisfied with their own site and seem to have to empire build here.

Here’s a suggestion, if you’re going to come on here and post just like you do on AVFTT don’t expect the same reactions. This is not your personal plaything on here with all your sycophants in tow. You don’t moderate on here and you don’t have the same influence.

Try to remember that we and I say ‘we’ in terms of those of us who no longer by choice or can no longer post in YOUR site don’t necessarily want to go round 2 on here with you and go through an action replay of why we are here rather than there in the first place.

Pray tell on 12:37 - Jan 6 with 1426 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Pray tell on 10:42 - Jan 6 by Hannibal

They certainly have stu. Now I’m getting lectured by those ‘in the know’ better, more important than you fan types who are not satisfied with their own site and seem to have to empire build here.

Here’s a suggestion, if you’re going to come on here and post just like you do on AVFTT don’t expect the same reactions. This is not your personal plaything on here with all your sycophants in tow. You don’t moderate on here and you don’t have the same influence.

Try to remember that we and I say ‘we’ in terms of those of us who no longer by choice or can no longer post in YOUR site don’t necessarily want to go round 2 on here with you and go through an action replay of why we are here rather than there in the first place.

I'm just saying that I think TAM is right and that I think the OP's expectations are too high. And I did you the courtesy of explaining why.

I've as much right to post on here as you do and if you remember, when you landed on here with your massive sulk you challenged me to come across and explain away something I hadn't done in the first place. So the fact I'm here at all is entirely your own fault.

Pray tell on 12:47 - Jan 6 with 1416 viewsHannibal

Pray tell on 12:37 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm just saying that I think TAM is right and that I think the OP's expectations are too high. And I did you the courtesy of explaining why.

I've as much right to post on here as you do and if you remember, when you landed on here with your massive sulk you challenged me to come across and explain away something I hadn't done in the first place. So the fact I'm here at all is entirely your own fault.

Have you ever thought TAM was wrong?

I challenged you to explain yourself on here. You just denied your involvement and to this day remain deliberately vague as to who is moderating AVFTT. It’s obvious if it isn’t you then it’s somebody just like you. Despite how you persist in trying to create the illusion otherwise.

It’s ironic you say you’ve as much right as me to post on here all things considered.

I take it you’ve successfully ‘cleansed’ AVFTT now? Apart from the ones you leave behind of course who are not very challenging to you and your cronies but represent good sport. Need a few idiots to gang up on from time to time of course. Something to vent on.

So now you’re on here on the wind up.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 12:48]

Pray tell on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 1402 viewsROTTWEILERS

Pray tell on 12:47 - Jan 6 by Hannibal

Have you ever thought TAM was wrong?

I challenged you to explain yourself on here. You just denied your involvement and to this day remain deliberately vague as to who is moderating AVFTT. It’s obvious if it isn’t you then it’s somebody just like you. Despite how you persist in trying to create the illusion otherwise.

It’s ironic you say you’ve as much right as me to post on here all things considered.

I take it you’ve successfully ‘cleansed’ AVFTT now? Apart from the ones you leave behind of course who are not very challenging to you and your cronies but represent good sport. Need a few idiots to gang up on from time to time of course. Something to vent on.

So now you’re on here on the wind up.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 12:48]

Why don't you both hit the ignore button on each other?

Job done.

Pray tell on 13:01 - Jan 6 with 1394 viewsHannibal

Pray tell on 12:56 - Jan 6 by ROTTWEILERS

Why don't you both hit the ignore button on each other?

Job done.

Because if I do he will continue to turn this site into AVFTT 2. I think to an extent that’s already happened though.

Pray tell on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1392 viewsROTTWEILERS

Pray tell on 13:01 - Jan 6 by Hannibal

Because if I do he will continue to turn this site into AVFTT 2. I think to an extent that’s already happened though.

What makes you say that? All of the responses to the OP have been respectful. A bit of a snowflake response from the BHS contingent but that's where the comparisons to AVFTT start and end.

It's all cool

Pray tell on 13:07 - Jan 6 with 1390 viewsHannibal

Pray tell on 13:04 - Jan 6 by ROTTWEILERS

What makes you say that? All of the responses to the OP have been respectful. A bit of a snowflake response from the BHS contingent but that's where the comparisons to AVFTT start and end.

It's all cool

Really?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024