Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle City Thread 09:40 - Oct 1 with 28621 viewsdavman

I hate to post this, but I reckon this'll be a cracker - 3-2 either way, hopefully ours.

Can see an unchanged team for today depending on whether Mr Beale wants physical strength and aerial ability up top or a bit more footballing know how.

I'll be there traffic and parking permitting.

Watch as this descends into a 0-0 or a massively disappointing 0-2. It won't though, will it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brizzle City Thread on 17:04 - Oct 1 with 3171 viewsPinnerPaul

In other Championship news - looks like Clive's thoughts in his preview might come true as both Boro and WBA lose.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:05 - Oct 1 with 3145 viewstraininvain

I thought it was all quite comfortable after the subs. Gave us fresh legs and Bristol maybe ran out of steam a little bit. Perhaps unlucky not to grab a third.

A couple more big tests coming up this week. I’d happily take four points from the next two.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:06]
Brizzle City Thread on 17:05 - Oct 1 with 3145 viewsthemodfather

big win, momentum building so is confidence. we are the mighty rangers , we are great.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:08 - Oct 1 with 3012 viewsdm97

Only caught the second half so view is slightly skewed - need to watch highlights to see how good we were first…but thought we looked rather shaky up until they brought the lump that is Chris Martin on thanks Nige! Onwards
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:09]
Brizzle City Thread on 17:09 - Oct 1 with 2978 viewsqprxtc

Good night for a shag.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:10 - Oct 1 with 2951 viewsDorse

Brizzle City Thread on 17:09 - Oct 1 by qprxtc

Good night for a shag.

Tough to argue with that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brizzle City Thread on 17:18 - Oct 1 with 2686 viewsLblock

Illy and Willy superb -- Willock to create that chance for Dozey was just amazing - if he was Brazilian they'd be shouting from the rooftops.

Paal I thought was having his best game.

Balagon really good

Roberts busy and for the first time he looked spot on for me

But....

Take a bow.... Samuel Field.

What a man. What an engine. What a reader of the game.
Strong on the deck, great in the air.

A clear M.o.M for me.

(Slight concern.... I don't think Big Tim is ready to be a starter at this level. A great player in there but his brain chases butterflies too often. He will get there though)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brizzle City Thread on 17:19 - Oct 1 with 2649 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fantastic defending at the end, particularly with the injury time.

Our coach is something special; hopefully takes us up before he gets snapped up by a PL club. Warburton did a decent job, but this guy is different gravy.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle City Thread on 17:19 - Oct 1 with 2638 viewsMelakaRanger

A great result. But we should have been 4 or 5 up at half time

As our last manager said so often. If you don’t take your chances………..

Field immense today.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:22 - Oct 1 with 2597 viewsflynnbo

Tremendous result. Paal and Field stood out for me but each player played a part. COYRs!
Brizzle City Thread on 17:23 - Oct 1 with 2560 viewsDavieQPR

Interesting they lost all the Away tickets and had to let the away fans in without being able to check anything.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:28 - Oct 1 with 2482 viewsloftboy

Great result, can we start to believe yet?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brizzle City Thread on 17:31 - Oct 1 with 2410 viewsLblock

Brizzle City Thread on 17:19 - Oct 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

Fantastic defending at the end, particularly with the injury time.

Our coach is something special; hopefully takes us up before he gets snapped up by a PL club. Warburton did a decent job, but this guy is different gravy.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:23]

Yep... I think I've decided now...

Beale is the real deal.

I was sitting there expecting an equaliser but still said to myself "this team is doing well and he's walking the talk"
Seems to have created a nice squad vibe.
James Dunne on the white line at HT bigging up every player despite being dropped.
Roberts, Willock and Chair having chuckles throughout the game.
Balogun chatting to Big Tim

More of it.

Huge game Tuesday - if we win that I'll pull Beales fruit n veg stall down from Brammall Lane on my own with him sitting on it smoking Havanna's
If we don't then we move on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brizzle City Thread on 17:33 - Oct 1 with 2379 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brizzle City Thread on 17:28 - Oct 1 by loftboy

Great result, can we start to believe yet?

Yes, but not with our out loud voices.

'Kin well done Rs!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brizzle City Thread on 17:40 - Oct 1 with 2230 viewsStanisgod

Brizzle City Thread on 17:04 - Oct 1 by Silverfoxqpr

Yes, don't think we'll be seeing JCS again for a while.

We were warned hes made of glass, Matty Rose golf day is back on 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Brizzle City Thread on 17:45 - Oct 1 with 2180 viewsbenhurst

Brizzle City Thread on 17:04 - Oct 1 by Silverfoxqpr

Yes, don't think we'll be seeing JCS again for a while.

Did he get injured? I saw him walk off and sit down on the bench and assumed the medical team had told him he could only get through ~60 mins today
Brizzle City Thread on 17:52 - Oct 1 with 2082 viewskarlski

Brizzle City Thread on 17:45 - Oct 1 by benhurst

Did he get injured? I saw him walk off and sit down on the bench and assumed the medical team had told him he could only get through ~60 mins today

On the stream looked like he felt his calf after jumping for a header and was subbed immediately after.
Brizzle City Thread on 17:53 - Oct 1 with 2064 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Bristol City 1 QPR 2
What should have been, it seemed, a romp in the park - ended with a heart-pounding nervous last 36 minutes including 7 minutes of extra time.
For those watching - all 2400 brilliant fans at Ashton Gate despite the rail strike - or the rest of us viewing on TV - this match should have been all over by HT.
The 2-0 deserved lead should have been at least double.
We were playing the second worst defence in the Championship although they're attack is joint top.
A Balogun error - failing to clear just after the hour - gave Wells (it would have to be him) to score from close range after first half goals from Jojo and Roberts.
And then it was nervous time.
But we held on to move into fifth spot, 18 points from 11 games - the same as last year.
So it all looks good.
The big test comes on Tuesday night at league leaders Sheffield United - surprisingly held 1-1 at home by Birmingham - managed by our former assistant boss to Warbs John Eustace.
And then we're at home to Reading on Friday.
Three matches in 7 days - tough - very tough - but a great start.
So let's have a look at the good bits.
Sam Field and Tyler Roberts were outstanding among a big squad effort.
Field throughout the match made some wonderful clearances and Roberts had his best match for us since the start of the season.
But this was a big squad performance.
Mike Beale fielded all 5 subs. He's a smart bloke.
Having slowly become a disciple of Beale I'm now fully realising how good he is - at least until Tuesday night!
He's brought to QPR 7 new players - either signed or on-loan.
You would think that perhaps 4 or 5 would be good - but the 6 who played in this match were all impressive.
We are an upgrade from last year because Beale seems to have a perfect eye on what we require.
Against Bristol City - all our back four were Beale signings - along with Tim in midfield and Roberts up front.
All we have to do now is await Taylor Richards - waiting in the wings - following injury.
That will be 7 changes from last year's side.
That's quite an overhaul
I would suggest that at least 7 of our squad is maybe bottom half Premiership standard or at least bench- warmers.
They would be Seny, Laird, Balogun, Paal, Tim (because Iroegbanum is a mouthful), Chair and Willock. Clarke-Salter returning after injury was impressive and more mobile than the also impressive and I think one of our favourities Dunne.
And Dunne did well when replacing the injured Clarke-Salter with 38 minutes left.
Like many of us we are still to be convinced by Tyler Roberts - but my word did he play well in this match.
He was committed, running down everything and really played out of his skin - even in defence.
So briefly to the match.
After Seny had made a good save from a close range Vyner header following a free-kick early on - we absolutely shredded their defence.
They just couldn't live with our pace.
Willock had a long range shot parried onto the post. It bounced straight back hit keeper Bentley on the head and there was Jojo to put us one up
Three minutes later, midway through the opening half, Roberts scored.
It was a big Seny clearance - onto Willock, simple pass to Paal and Robert buried the cross.
It should and could have been so much more, with Chair missing twice and a few other culprits.
We seemed to make the wrong pass at the wrong time or not pass at all.
Then there was the Balogun error - leading to nervy time.
But remember we are still a work in progress.
What is encouraging is that we will surely improve by leaps and bounds over the next few weeks. There's a lot of quality in our team.
And to conclude - here's a touch of fantasy.
We have 10 more matches before the 4-week World Cup break.
This will follow our game at Coventry on November 12.
By that time we would have played 21 Championship matches.
Last year - during our outstanding first half of the season - we had 35 points at that stage.
This means we need another 17 points from those 10 matches to equal that tally.
And if we can rinse and repeat in the second half of last season then who knows.
We certainly have the ability to do it - although we can do without a nervous, scrambled finish that we watched at Bristol City.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:58]
Brizzle City Thread on 18:08 - Oct 1 with 1887 viewskarlski

Excellent win, some truly terrific defending 2nd half (and amazing block first half, I think from JCS?), and incisive attacking in the 1st half.
Did feel a little like they went out in 2nd half not to lose rather than to win - a little more ambition and could have put the game to bed at 3-0. And we all suffered the consequential loss of nails! But Bristol played better 2nd half too and have to credit defensive performance, can’t remember too many clear cut chances for them 2nd half.
Some great performances all over pitch. Thought Iroegbunam was the weak link, pushed off the ball too easily too many times. He’s quality and will learn but I’d prefer Dozzell to start.
In the back of my mind I do worry, in the context of our long term strategy, that Dickie (injured?) and Dunne are not starters. But doesnt take away from overall performance and direction Beale is taking the team in.
Brizzle City Thread on 18:12 - Oct 1 with 1828 viewsVancouverHoop

I think we'll need all four of our CB's this season. Tiredness and injuries will take a toll.
Brizzle City Thread on 18:42 - Oct 1 with 1616 viewsaston_hoop

Just cramp for JCS but Paal unsure yet, Niko also injured so could do without that

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-delighted-after-qpr-victory-plus-updat

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Brizzle City Thread on 18:47 - Oct 1 with 1595 viewsBoston

Brizzle City Thread on 17:23 - Oct 1 by DavieQPR

Interesting they lost all the Away tickets and had to let the away fans in without being able to check anything.

Oooh, S of N will be pissed he had to shell out!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brizzle City Thread on 19:00 - Oct 1 with 1535 viewsaston_hoop

Brizzle City Thread on 18:42 - Oct 1 by aston_hoop

Just cramp for JCS but Paal unsure yet, Niko also injured so could do without that

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-delighted-after-qpr-victory-plus-updat

On the other hand, in the post match interview with Nick London he said JCS and Paal are both fine so who knows

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Brizzle City Thread on 19:37 - Oct 1 with 1368 viewsderbyhoop

Brizzle City Thread on 17:04 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

In other Championship news - looks like Clive's thoughts in his preview might come true as both Boro and WBA lose.

Anybody got odds on the next chantelle of manager
Bruce or Wilder?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brizzle City Thread on 19:40 - Oct 1 with 1416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brizzle City Thread on 17:09 - Oct 1 by qprxtc

Good night for a shag.

You‘ve mixed up LfW with Grindr again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024