Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 718774 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:59 - Aug 29 with 6242 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:08 - Aug 29 by CiderwithRsie

Is there any position Jimmy Dunne can't play in?

No 10, I suppose, in which case as a False Number 9, he'd be a False-False 9, i.e. an actual 9.

What's a false nine? Is it someone pretending to be a centre forward but actually plays centre half? So is Dunne a false 9 ?? I'm confused.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:07 - Aug 29 with 6128 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:59 - Aug 29 by connell10

What's a false nine? Is it someone pretending to be a centre forward but actually plays centre half? So is Dunne a false 9 ?? I'm confused.

We should resign Joel Lynch.

Holloway pushed him up to play the number nine role in a couple of games.

For every problem there is a solution !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:07 - Aug 29 with 6116 viewsJimmyR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:10 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I was referring more to his stiff joints which seem to have been in evidence so far.

The new gearbox he had fitted turned out to be full of Blancmange instead of oil, which unfortunately, but somewhat inevitably…. Has frozen solid in the colder weather
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:07 - Aug 29 with 6115 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:07 - Aug 29 by numptydumpty

We should resign Joel Lynch.

Holloway pushed him up to play the number nine role in a couple of games.

For every problem there is a solution !!!!!

You have cracked it mate .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:18 - Aug 29 with 6003 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is the genius of the whole False 9 thing; no-one has any idea what it is, the opposition stand around scratching their heads, and our bloke sneaks in to score.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:24 - Aug 29 with 5952 viewsVancouverHoop

It's a 6 with a missing screw.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:18 - Aug 29 with 5512 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:24 - Aug 29 by VancouverHoop

It's a 6 with a missing screw.

Last time we played one , a certain Adel tarrabt did a pretty decent job at Stamford bridge .

See we are now being linked to a right back on WLS Harrison Ashby from Newcastle on loan

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:00 - Aug 29 with 5315 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:18 - Aug 29 by wombat

Last time we played one , a certain Adel tarrabt did a pretty decent job at Stamford bridge .

See we are now being linked to a right back on WLS Harrison Ashby from Newcastle on loan

Looks like Harrison Ashby signing on loan

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-sign-newcastle-defender-on-loan
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:00 - Aug 30 with 4984 viewsQPR_Hibs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:00 - Aug 29 by daveB

We are slowly assembling the Scotland U21 squad.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:03 - Aug 30 with 4964 viewsjoolsyp

Don’t really get this one with Jimmy and Santos … unless JCS is going and Dunne will move to the middle. Would have thought left-back backup is a more pressing concern. Oh well, in Marti and Nourry and Belk we trust.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:35 - Aug 30 with 4828 viewsBurnleyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I think another thing that often gets ignored is something I remember reading from Dan Ashworth in the west Brom programme when we played up there years ago.

Going into last season with Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as your strikers, with that team, trying to avoid relegation, was asking for trouble. We may not have had a choice, financially, but they were never going to get you a lot of goals.

If we get really, really confident for a minute and hope that this season we're not going to be in relegation trouble (touch wood, believe it when I see it etc) then going out and loaning a striker now is for what? Cover? Because that's a tough sell to a Prem team and player to loan you a player to sit on the bench and watch Frey and Celar chug about. Or to play in front of those two, who we own?

Now if we think this team is capable of pushing for promotion, bar the strikers, and one striker would be the difference between 10th and 5th, then it's worth doing. But if we think we're a sort of 14th-15th placed team, and we loan a striker in to lift us to 9th-10th then all you've done is burn a loan fee and a wage on a player who's not with you any more come May, while Celar who I presume you've bought as a project has burned a year sitting on his arse.

Of course Celar might be complete rubbish, Frey seizes up in the cold weather, and we do get into relegation trouble and then we're all sitting here in December going 'asking for trouble trying to do a full season with those strikers'. But if we ARE a midtable team, there's little point loaning players to play in front of your players to move you from one bit of midtable to another.

I hear what you are saying Clive, but we could potentially be pushing this season, or we could be loitering around at the bottom end of the table.

No one really knows how this season will pan out, so at what point do you pull the trigger on a loan signing that makes financial sense?

Consensus seems to be, if we are within shooting distance of the playoffs when the Jan transfer opens and are perhaps still looking a bit goal shy or maybe have a few injury issues, go for the loan signing to help get us into that 6th spot.

Do agree that taking on loans that are likely to achieve nothing other than to drop one of our own players to the bench is just plain stupid.

We should have a better idea of how we might fair this season by the end of October, although I suspect, like many others, we will improve as the season progresses and the newbies begin to find their proverbials.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:53 - Aug 30 with 4735 viewsBoston

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:05 - Aug 28 by Loftgirl

We should sign him for the name alone.

Indeed, there's not many players available for a pint and a pack of crisps.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:39 - Aug 30 with 4535 viewskarlski

Right what do we want to see happen on final day of the window.

WLS reporting Harrison Ashby right back in from Newcastle. Good. Gives room for Santos to develop a bit more, and he can be used as pacy sub too.

Personally I think we need cover at left back too - we were apparently in for Owen Beck who ended up at Blackburn from Liverpool. Maybe something will happen at that position.

I'd be surprised if we added to midfield.

Would love a young pacy striker on loan to give us additional options up front. Happy to see how Frey and Celar develop but adding pace would be good. I suppose Kolli and Dembele could play up top and both have a bit of pace? Everyone is after a young pacy striker I suppose...could be hard to get

Outs:
Some of our younger players could do with a loan. Lloyd / Kolli are interesting, clearly in and about the first team squad, but you also feel they could really kick on with regular games in L1 (like Chair, Eze, etc). Could we afford to send them out?
I suppose the big question is Chair. Seems quiet on that front, and on JCS who was another one mooted to go. I'm happy to keep them from a playing perspective - would love to see what Chair can do with the new additions to squad - but I do wonder whether we need a sale financially speaking. Dykes going will have eased the pressure a bit. Doesn't look like Eze is off anywhere, so no windfall there.

I'm no longer in the UK but does Jim White still gunk up the screen on Sky for this auspicious occasion?
[Post edited 30 Aug 5:17]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:25 - Aug 30 with 4424 viewsArcticHoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:39 - Aug 30 by karlski

Right what do we want to see happen on final day of the window.

WLS reporting Harrison Ashby right back in from Newcastle. Good. Gives room for Santos to develop a bit more, and he can be used as pacy sub too.

Personally I think we need cover at left back too - we were apparently in for Owen Beck who ended up at Blackburn from Liverpool. Maybe something will happen at that position.

I'd be surprised if we added to midfield.

Would love a young pacy striker on loan to give us additional options up front. Happy to see how Frey and Celar develop but adding pace would be good. I suppose Kolli and Dembele could play up top and both have a bit of pace? Everyone is after a young pacy striker I suppose...could be hard to get

Outs:
Some of our younger players could do with a loan. Lloyd / Kolli are interesting, clearly in and about the first team squad, but you also feel they could really kick on with regular games in L1 (like Chair, Eze, etc). Could we afford to send them out?
I suppose the big question is Chair. Seems quiet on that front, and on JCS who was another one mooted to go. I'm happy to keep them from a playing perspective - would love to see what Chair can do with the new additions to squad - but I do wonder whether we need a sale financially speaking. Dykes going will have eased the pressure a bit. Doesn't look like Eze is off anywhere, so no windfall there.

I'm no longer in the UK but does Jim White still gunk up the screen on Sky for this auspicious occasion?
[Post edited 30 Aug 5:17]

Beck already went to Blackburn
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:48 - Aug 30 with 4118 viewsdmm

In addition to one or two more incomings, there are some players' contracts expiring next summer that should be extended; Dunne, Paal and Kolli in particular. But, with Nourry keeping schtum about such matters, I guess we're not going to find out.

Perhaps we should appoint a LfW 'agent' to call players' agents to enquire about these contracts?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:44 - Aug 30 with 3765 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:25 - Aug 30 by ArcticHoop

Beck already went to Blackburn

His bad.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:06 - Aug 30 with 3588 viewsBurnleyhoop

From the you tube clips I like the look of this lad. Strong, quick, gets forward and can put a good ball into the box. Also not going to need any adjustment finding his feet in the Championship as he played for Swansea last season.

Question is, can he play at left back?

Great signing to wrap up what looks to be an outstanding summer of recruitment. Just shows what can be done when you have people in charge that, certainly appear, to know what they are doing.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:54 - Aug 30 with 3167 viewsPdog

Harrison Ashby was highly rated at West Ham before going up to Newcastle, had a high number of assists at youth / reserve level if memory serves and they signed him as a Trippier long long term replacement.

More of a 'traditional' forward thinking right back in the sense can get up and down on the overlap and be more threatening going forward. Dunne stepped up admirably to the task but isn't quite that.

Assuming a loan with view to perm signing.. otherwise what's the point developing another teams prospect at the expense of our own sellable assets, at a point where its not a critical emergency to cover that position for a crucial set of upcoming fixtures.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:22 - Aug 30 with 2858 viewsaston_hoop

Birmingham City have bid £10 million (TEN MILLION) for Jay Stansfield. Do you think they'd let us take Lyndon Dykes on loan?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 2828 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:54 - Aug 30 by Pdog

Harrison Ashby was highly rated at West Ham before going up to Newcastle, had a high number of assists at youth / reserve level if memory serves and they signed him as a Trippier long long term replacement.

More of a 'traditional' forward thinking right back in the sense can get up and down on the overlap and be more threatening going forward. Dunne stepped up admirably to the task but isn't quite that.

Assuming a loan with view to perm signing.. otherwise what's the point developing another teams prospect at the expense of our own sellable assets, at a point where its not a critical emergency to cover that position for a crucial set of upcoming fixtures.

If only he'd stayed at West Brom and played some actual football.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 2818 viewsBklynRanger

As well as opening up the possibility of JCS going and Dunne moving back to the middle, Ashby coming in could also of course mean we're looking at moving Dunne today.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 2681 viewshubble

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:25 - Aug 30 by BklynRanger

As well as opening up the possibility of JCS going and Dunne moving back to the middle, Ashby coming in could also of course mean we're looking at moving Dunne today.

Noooo! Don't want to lose Dunney!!!

I mean, if he has to go for the good of the club FFP blah blah blah then so be it, but he's my favourite player in the squad!

Wish they'd sorted him out on a new contract. Grrrrr.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 2548 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:22 - Aug 30 by aston_hoop

Birmingham City have bid £10 million (TEN MILLION) for Jay Stansfield. Do you think they'd let us take Lyndon Dykes on loan?

So Lyndon might remain third choice at his new club, should that bid for Stansfield be with any foundation.
[Post edited 30 Aug 9:40]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 2538 viewsNorthernr

I feel another tattoo coming on.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:42 - Aug 30 with 2495 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:39 - Aug 30 by Northernr

I feel another tattoo coming on.

Never seems to smile that bloke, always looks really fed up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024