Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 718754 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:50 - Aug 29 with 8911 viewsBklynRanger

Doesn't the European loan window, or whatever it's called, close later?

Either way, from a 'non-financial' point of view I'd quite happily stick with what we have now. As in keeping hold of both Chair and JCS.

We would be short up front, but with plenty of options behind the loan striker. Would love to see what a 3 of Saito, Chair and Dembele could get up to together.

Don't think it will happen though - can see at least one of the two above going and a busy final day to try to get a defender and a striker in.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:57 - Aug 29 with 7985 viewsTK1

Don't worry about the squad sizes, the places available. I can't believe people are even debating it.

"We can't go a whole season with just two strikers!"

Even if, for the first time ever, QPR don't try to loan out/sell and loan in/buy loads of players in the last 48 hours of this window...you do all realise that the window reopens in January, right? Then, once again, more players will join and more players will leave.

Every window, every season, it's the same: QPR sign loads of players. Do not worry. We will never, ever go short of players in any position. It's never about volume, that's never the issue at QPR. It's always about quality.

(And for what it's worth, when Chair is fit, and if he's still here, I can see Marti sometimes playing without a CF and with a false 9 instead. Pep will be doing the same this season from time to time. Where he leads, MC follows.)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:00 - Aug 29 with 7945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:57 - Aug 29 by TK1

Don't worry about the squad sizes, the places available. I can't believe people are even debating it.

Even if, for the first time ever, QPR don't try to loan out/sell and loan in/buy loads of players in the last 48 hours of this window...you do all realise that the window reopens in January, right? Then, once again, more players will join and more players will leave.

Every window, every season, it's the same: QPR sign loads of players. Do not worry. We will never, ever go short of players in any position. It's never about volume, that's never the issue at QPR. It's always about quality.

(And for what it's worth, when Chair is fit, and if he's still here, I can see Marti sometimes playing without a CF and with a false 9 instead. Pep will be doing the same this season from time to time. Where he leads, MC follows.)

If that's the case, do we have to name a False 9 Sub as well?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:05 - Aug 29 with 7846 viewsQPROslo

Danish tipsbladet.dk write in a longish interview with Madsen that he's signed a contract through to the summer of 2029. Spreads out his cost if true.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:24 - Aug 29 with 7634 viewsTK1

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:00 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

If that's the case, do we have to name a False 9 Sub as well?

Ha! I reckon Chair, Dembele, Kolli and Lloyd all fancy a bit of that false 9. I bet Smyth could give it a bash too. Maybe even Anderson. We've got loads of forwards who don't really have a position now. It's the game model, baby!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 6745 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:24 - Aug 29 by TK1

Ha! I reckon Chair, Dembele, Kolli and Lloyd all fancy a bit of that false 9. I bet Smyth could give it a bash too. Maybe even Anderson. We've got loads of forwards who don't really have a position now. It's the game model, baby!

I have the feeling that someone will be in on loan up top this season. Our general experiments with false 9s hasn't gone so well in recent years.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 6256 viewsLazyFan

This is not actually the case. In some seasons, we have been short of players.
For example, take the 2019-2020 season; we were short of centre-backs.

Our CB pairing was Grant Hall and Yoann Barbet. It was not terrible, but if either got injured, then the replacements were Masterson and Gubins, both of whom were not good enough for the champ. As I recall Cameron had to play CB a few times to help out when they did get injured so, really we were short in positions.

That has been a problem since then for CB's and the club has worked hard to end that problem. But it took time to get in a viable 22-man squad, and as we can see, we are short on LBs now we have loaned out Larkeche.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:26 - Aug 29 with 6017 viewsBuckR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 29 by bosh67

I have the feeling that someone will be in on loan up top this season. Our general experiments with false 9s hasn't gone so well in recent years.

Just reminds me of Taarabt at Stamford Bridge. Gave just about the most complete performance Ive ever seen in that role!
[Post edited 29 Aug 13:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 5782 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:26 - Aug 29 by BuckR

Just reminds me of Taarabt at Stamford Bridge. Gave just about the most complete performance Ive ever seen in that role!
[Post edited 29 Aug 13:27]

Taarabt is going back 10 years now, hard as that is to believe, and since then the false 9 has rarely worked as more than an emergency tactic when our strikers have been unavailable. Possibly Dembele because of his pace and skill but not really seeing it elsewhere. I have high hopes for Kolli but he's very raw still.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:20 - Aug 29 with 5171 viewsdavman

The problem with a loan is if they have to be first choice. We need a back up; not so easy to make a case to loan a youngster to us...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:28 - Aug 29 with 5108 viewsTK1

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:01 - Aug 29 by LazyFan

This is not actually the case. In some seasons, we have been short of players.
For example, take the 2019-2020 season; we were short of centre-backs.

Our CB pairing was Grant Hall and Yoann Barbet. It was not terrible, but if either got injured, then the replacements were Masterson and Gubins, both of whom were not good enough for the champ. As I recall Cameron had to play CB a few times to help out when they did get injured so, really we were short in positions.

That has been a problem since then for CB's and the club has worked hard to end that problem. But it took time to get in a viable 22-man squad, and as we can see, we are short on LBs now we have loaned out Larkeche.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

So (pushes up glasses in nose)...

You're saying: we had a first choice pair of centre backs in 19/20. And then we had a reserve pair of centre backs. And we also had Cameron (who had played centre back many times). So we in fact did have CBs, we had five. You don't think three of them were good enough (they weren't), but the numbers were there. It can't have been that much of a CB crisis as that January 2020 we made FOUR loan signings: two CFs, a winger and a midfielder who barely played. We didn't sign a CB, though. Probably no need.

And you know what? It was absolutely fine in the end with those CBs because we finished 13th.

We have several left backs at the club now. As you say, we've just loaned one out who presumably the club don't think is good enough to challenge this season. Maybe they'll sign another tomorrow or in January, or maybe they reckon between Paal, Fox, maybe JCS , even Shann in the Development, who is highly thought of, the club has enough left backs. Instead, perhaps they're choosing to spend their money elsewhere. I don't blame them if so. HR is not Football Manager.

There are loads of players for every position at QPR, as always. More to come too. The question is, are they good enough? We shall see.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:34 - Aug 29 with 5006 viewsDavieQPR

How about a no6 standing on his head. Now that's what I call a false 9.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 29 with 4898 viewsNorthernr

I think another thing that often gets ignored is something I remember reading from Dan Ashworth in the west Brom programme when we played up there years ago.

Going into last season with Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as your strikers, with that team, trying to avoid relegation, was asking for trouble. We may not have had a choice, financially, but they were never going to get you a lot of goals.

If we get really, really confident for a minute and hope that this season we're not going to be in relegation trouble (touch wood, believe it when I see it etc) then going out and loaning a striker now is for what? Cover? Because that's a tough sell to a Prem team and player to loan you a player to sit on the bench and watch Frey and Celar chug about. Or to play in front of those two, who we own?

Now if we think this team is capable of pushing for promotion, bar the strikers, and one striker would be the difference between 10th and 5th, then it's worth doing. But if we think we're a sort of 14th-15th placed team, and we loan a striker in to lift us to 9th-10th then all you've done is burn a loan fee and a wage on a player who's not with you any more come May, while Celar who I presume you've bought as a project has burned a year sitting on his arse.

Of course Celar might be complete rubbish, Frey seizes up in the cold weather, and we do get into relegation trouble and then we're all sitting here in December going 'asking for trouble trying to do a full season with those strikers'. But if we ARE a midtable team, there's little point loaning players to play in front of your players to move you from one bit of midtable to another.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:59 - Aug 29 with 4743 viewsTK1

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I think another thing that often gets ignored is something I remember reading from Dan Ashworth in the west Brom programme when we played up there years ago.

Going into last season with Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as your strikers, with that team, trying to avoid relegation, was asking for trouble. We may not have had a choice, financially, but they were never going to get you a lot of goals.

If we get really, really confident for a minute and hope that this season we're not going to be in relegation trouble (touch wood, believe it when I see it etc) then going out and loaning a striker now is for what? Cover? Because that's a tough sell to a Prem team and player to loan you a player to sit on the bench and watch Frey and Celar chug about. Or to play in front of those two, who we own?

Now if we think this team is capable of pushing for promotion, bar the strikers, and one striker would be the difference between 10th and 5th, then it's worth doing. But if we think we're a sort of 14th-15th placed team, and we loan a striker in to lift us to 9th-10th then all you've done is burn a loan fee and a wage on a player who's not with you any more come May, while Celar who I presume you've bought as a project has burned a year sitting on his arse.

Of course Celar might be complete rubbish, Frey seizes up in the cold weather, and we do get into relegation trouble and then we're all sitting here in December going 'asking for trouble trying to do a full season with those strikers'. But if we ARE a midtable team, there's little point loaning players to play in front of your players to move you from one bit of midtable to another.

I think that's exactly what they're thinking: have a look at it in January. Might need a striker then, might need a LB (and they may sign that RB they've been after for some reason). We have a first team and a good bench until then though, with lots of players to bed in. Let's see where we are in four months without burning through the cash now.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 3921 viewsKensalT

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 29 by Northernr

"Frey seizes up in the cold weather"

Frey's Swiss. If he can't take the cold we might need a closer look at his passport!

And we're all forgetting that Jimmy "Write the theme tune, Sing the theme tune" Dunne could probably do a passable job up there if asked.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:48 - Aug 29 with 3581 viewsPdog

I also heard that a few of the loft end floodlight bulbs need replacing, we could send Jimmy up there, he'll fix it.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:10 - Aug 29 with 3410 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:11 - Aug 29 by KensalT

Frey's Swiss. If he can't take the cold we might need a closer look at his passport!

And we're all forgetting that Jimmy "Write the theme tune, Sing the theme tune" Dunne could probably do a passable job up there if asked.

I was referring more to his stiff joints which seem to have been in evidence so far.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:27 - Aug 29 with 3261 viewsstevenagehoop

Two strikers are not enough. Even last year they bought in Frey as a third striker. We have now parted company with two of those and bought in one.
Having players that are not recognised as strikers trying to operate as such is not sufficient. One injury to one of those two players is almost inevitable.
Do you really want to wait to the January window to have to fire fight when insufficient number of strikers has always led to a problem in the past.
Midfield players and we have bucket loads of them are not in my opinion the answer.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:30 - Aug 29 with 3217 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:20 - Aug 29 by davman

The problem with a loan is if they have to be first choice. We need a back up; not so easy to make a case to loan a youngster to us...

No they don’t.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:34 - Aug 29 with 3160 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:59 - Aug 29 by TK1

I think that's exactly what they're thinking: have a look at it in January. Might need a striker then, might need a LB (and they may sign that RB they've been after for some reason). We have a first team and a good bench until then though, with lots of players to bed in. Let's see where we are in four months without burning through the cash now.

Well we will see by close of business tomorrow if you are correct about what the owners are thinking.
I think you are wrong and we will get a striker of some description in as we need it.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:08 - Aug 29 with 2883 viewsCiderwithRsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:11 - Aug 29 by KensalT

Is there any position Jimmy Dunne can't play in?

No 10, I suppose, in which case as a False Number 9, he'd be a False-False 9, i.e. an actual 9.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:46 - Aug 29 with 2496 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:34 - Aug 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Well we will see by close of business tomorrow if you are correct about what the owners are thinking.
I think you are wrong and we will get a striker of some description in as we need it.

It's certainly gone quiet as far as we are concerned. And with a game tomorrow night it may well stay that way.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:51 - Aug 29 with 2436 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:30 - Aug 29 by Ned_Kennedys

No they don’t.

OK, not every one, BUT if you are in charge of developing a young striker, would you send them somewhere that they will be behind Frey and Celar?

Not an easy sell is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:57 - Aug 29 with 2313 viewsKensalT

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:10 - Aug 29 by Northernr

I was referring more to his stiff joints which seem to have been in evidence so far.

You're worried he has Freyzen up!?

Perhaps his joints are made from Toblerone. That could be a bit clunky!

[Post edited 29 Aug 21:06]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:58 - Aug 29 with 2286 viewsbaz_qpr

Alfie Lloyd is a striker we are playing him wide, so we do have 3. So. not the end of the world if we dont replace though I suspect we will bring in a loan, I think we will definitely see a left back come in as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024