Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollies biggest decision 18:45 - Nov 11 with 15981 viewsfreddieeddie

Luongo/Chery. Hope he gets rid of both. Both overrated and neither will suit his style of play should he play 442.

Hope they both go and Ollie don't keep them.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Ollies biggest decision on 14:05 - Nov 13 with 2683 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ollies biggest decision on 19:06 - Nov 12 by francisbowles

For me Chery is struggling, the opposition seem to have worked out how to stifle him by restricting his space and being physical. Unless we can work out how to overcome this, I think we should be open to offers in January.

Luongo, has been very good at times but lacks a little consistency. We have to work out how to best utilse Cousins, Borysiuk, Luongo and Chery as well as the desire of many fans to play with two wingers. Can't fit them all in and some want us to play two strikers, which restricts those talents even more. Borysiuk behind Cousins and Luongo, two wingers and one striker Polter to start and Sylla to come on would be my preference. Chery to be available to replace Luongo or Cousins.

4,1,4,1 formation with two wingers works for me. Sylla looks highly capable of getting on the end crosses coming in from the by-line. Borysuik holding with Luongo and Cousins in centre midfield, which is where they belong. Have to wonder why we have three right wingers in Yeni, Pavel and Shadipo and only Hykarate working on the left (despite ostensibly being right footed anyway).

The other area of imbalance is our failure to acquire a strong, quick right back. Perch or Onohua do not fit the bill. Hopefully Olly can sort in January and we can kick on.
Ollies biggest decision on 16:15 - Nov 13 with 2619 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really disagree with the OP - there are many reasons why almost no one plays 4-4-2 anymore, not that it can't work, but plenty of reasons why it can get you into lots of trouble too. Also, I've felt, Forest apart apparently, whenever we have gone 4-4-2 this season we've looked at our least effective.

Luongo for me is the clear player of the season so far, but I'm afraid Freddie has a point - Birch is on record as not knowing 'what kind of midfielder he is' - basically, he's unimpressed. I disagree, but Birch is going to be assistant manager, not me. A shame, because Luongo had to prove himself once to JFH, who initially didn't like him if you believe Dave Mc, and now he'll have to do it again.

The getting knocked off the ball thing is basically a myth - he does lose possession, but mainly because he's one of the few players brave enough to try and do something positive with the ball. He wins more tackles than anyone else in the team by an enormous margin too.

But more than that, this constant demand to get rid of anyone who's not flavour of the month needs to stop now. It's stupid. We need to stop that kind of nonsense and start building sensibly and gradually.

Bare bones.

Ollies biggest decision on 16:22 - Nov 13 with 2609 viewsBoston

Ollies biggest decision on 16:15 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

Really disagree with the OP - there are many reasons why almost no one plays 4-4-2 anymore, not that it can't work, but plenty of reasons why it can get you into lots of trouble too. Also, I've felt, Forest apart apparently, whenever we have gone 4-4-2 this season we've looked at our least effective.

Luongo for me is the clear player of the season so far, but I'm afraid Freddie has a point - Birch is on record as not knowing 'what kind of midfielder he is' - basically, he's unimpressed. I disagree, but Birch is going to be assistant manager, not me. A shame, because Luongo had to prove himself once to JFH, who initially didn't like him if you believe Dave Mc, and now he'll have to do it again.

The getting knocked off the ball thing is basically a myth - he does lose possession, but mainly because he's one of the few players brave enough to try and do something positive with the ball. He wins more tackles than anyone else in the team by an enormous margin too.

But more than that, this constant demand to get rid of anyone who's not flavour of the month needs to stop now. It's stupid. We need to stop that kind of nonsense and start building sensibly and gradually.

Couldn't agree with the Luongo sentiment more.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ollies biggest decision on 16:37 - Nov 13 with 2586 viewsRoller

For me, Luongo and Borysiuk is our best midfield partnership by some distance.

It is probably worth remembering that our best ever team played with just one winger; there are no rules that dictate that our formation must be symmetrical.
Ollies biggest decision on 18:43 - Nov 13 with 2539 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 16:15 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

'Whenever we have gone 4-4-2 this season we've looked at our least effective'.

That's because we have not built a team to play this system. Why do people think teams can't play this system nowadays is beyond me. So when Liverpool dominated in the 80's all the other teams needed to do was play one up front and they'd of beaten Liverpool? Football is a simple game being made more complicated. Teams played it in the Euro's and looked good playing it. If you play 4-4-2 and a team is winning the battle in the middle you just tuck the wide players in. 4-4-2 is great for Championship as teams at that level don't cut you apart they ain't good enough. Two decent wingers whipping in balls to Polter and Sylla would cause major problems. Defensively two banks of 4 playing deep are hard to break down.

I was chatting to a non-league manager for a while on Saturday who knew other coaches at Palace when IH was there. He was saying they were a bit shocked at how bad IH's training sessions were. As much as I love IH and want him back I would love to see a good decent number two who could eventually take over.

Ollies biggest decision on 16:59 - Jan 2 with 2322 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 18:43 - Nov 13 by freddieeddie

'Whenever we have gone 4-4-2 this season we've looked at our least effective'.

That's because we have not built a team to play this system. Why do people think teams can't play this system nowadays is beyond me. So when Liverpool dominated in the 80's all the other teams needed to do was play one up front and they'd of beaten Liverpool? Football is a simple game being made more complicated. Teams played it in the Euro's and looked good playing it. If you play 4-4-2 and a team is winning the battle in the middle you just tuck the wide players in. 4-4-2 is great for Championship as teams at that level don't cut you apart they ain't good enough. Two decent wingers whipping in balls to Polter and Sylla would cause major problems. Defensively two banks of 4 playing deep are hard to break down.

I was chatting to a non-league manager for a while on Saturday who knew other coaches at Palace when IH was there. He was saying they were a bit shocked at how bad IH's training sessions were. As much as I love IH and want him back I would love to see a good decent number two who could eventually take over.

So that's two games without Chery and Luongo and two wins.

I hate being right all of the time, I really do :)

I really should be Ian Holloways right hand man, we all know it :)

Ollies biggest decision on 17:16 - Jan 2 with 2271 viewsjonno

We didn't deserve to win today, Ipswich threw it away. They were the better side.
Ollies biggest decision on 17:18 - Jan 2 with 2257 viewsLadbrokeR

Ollies biggest decision on 21:27 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

At least 50 times surely.

Stating a point to a moron that doesn't know me or his a*** from his elbow.

Not a lucky punt. Reading from 8th to winning the league and Cardiff at 14/1 to win the league, thats knowledge my friend. Make that 51 times.

I don't do the lotto, never have......gambling.....mugs game. I'm a precision punter.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 21:28]

Do yourself a favour
Login to get fewer ads

Ollies biggest decision on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 2227 viewsWadR

2 games where we had 0 creativity and won through good defending and a lot of luck. Thought it was pretty glaring that we missed Luongo especially today. The midfield 3 were poor today.
Ollies biggest decision on 17:27 - Jan 2 with 2200 viewsjohncharles

Ollies biggest decision on 17:23 - Jan 2 by WadR

2 games where we had 0 creativity and won through good defending and a lot of luck. Thought it was pretty glaring that we missed Luongo especially today. The midfield 3 were poor today.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ollies biggest decision on 17:55 - Jan 2 with 2118 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 17:23 - Jan 2 by WadR

Hahaha yeah we have really missed Luongo in the last two games, can't wait for him to come back.

Hahah you couldn't make this sh*t up.

Ollies biggest decision on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 2108 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 17:16 - Jan 2 by jonno

We didn't deserve to win today, Ipswich threw it away. They were the better side.

BUT we won, isn't that the point in football? So you'd rather us lose as we have done OR win not playing so well but the confidence growing as we win maybe a bit ugly?

You have to battle to win and Cherry and Luongo are not battlers, not to the standard we want anyway.

Ollies biggest decision on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 2088 viewsJigsore

Ollies biggest decision on 17:55 - Jan 2 by freddieeddie

Hahaha yeah we have really missed Luongo in the last two games, can't wait for him to come back.

Hahah you couldn't make this sh*t up.

as much as i'd love to we aren't going to win every game 2-1 late on because of the other team's rudimentary defensive errors

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ollies biggest decision on 18:04 - Jan 2 with 2076 viewsBAWHoops

If you watched today the two of them were glaringly obvious misses.
Nobody ran with the ball or created on the floor.

Lucky win, but will certainly take it

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ollies biggest decision on 18:14 - Jan 2 with 2034 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ollies biggest decision on 17:57 - Jan 2 by freddieeddie

BUT we won, isn't that the point in football? So you'd rather us lose as we have done OR win not playing so well but the confidence growing as we win maybe a bit ugly?

You have to battle to win and Cherry and Luongo are not battlers, not to the standard we want anyway.

This - a big, big result for us today no matter how it came about. 6 points from the last two games - what's not to like about that! Well done to Ollie and the lads on the pitch. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ollies biggest decision on 18:28 - Jan 2 with 1977 viewsstevec

Ollies biggest decision on 18:04 - Jan 2 by BAWHoops

If you watched today the two of them were glaringly obvious misses.
Nobody ran with the ball or created on the floor.

Lucky win, but will certainly take it

Centre mid is a huge problem for us but the sooner Chery and Luongo, in particular, are shown the door, the better.

Need 2 experienced players there that can free us up to play with 2 wide and a choice of 1 or 2 up front dependent on opposition.
Ollies biggest decision on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 1943 viewsrsonist

What is wrong with you people.

Every success is immediately a proof or reminder of a failure somewhere else. Every good thing has to come at the expense of something else.

Get the fck out of my club...
Ollies biggest decision on 18:36 - Jan 2 with 1940 viewsBrightonhoop

Cherys transfer request has been accepted it seems.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/186450/chery-to-be
Ollies biggest decision on 18:38 - Jan 2 with 1935 viewsjohncharles

Ollies biggest decision on 18:14 - Jan 2 by Northolt_Rs

This - a big, big result for us today no matter how it came about. 6 points from the last two games - what's not to like about that! Well done to Ollie and the lads on the pitch. COYRs!!!

Well said Northolt. If you ain't happy tonight well don't come round my house.
2-1
2-1
Twice. Over the moon.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ollies biggest decision on 18:43 - Jan 2 with 1912 viewsparker64

Ollies biggest decision on 18:36 - Jan 2 by Brightonhoop

Cherys transfer request has been accepted it seems.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/186450/chery-to-be

it's worth checking out the podcast with Bircham. From memory he made it very clear what he thought of players like Cherry, Luongo and Poulter.
Ollies biggest decision on 20:58 - Jan 2 with 1780 viewsfreddieeddie

Don't care what Bircham says, I know more than him.

Over the moon that Cherry is going which just backs how much I think of a Holloway. He ain't silly and knows the score. Ollie will turn our club around in a great way again.

Cherry going, just need lightweight Luongo out now.

As I say again, two games without them, two wins. #surprisesuprisecillahere

Ollies biggest decision on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 1728 viewsLblock

Forgive me for up arrowing the OP for a bit of balance

Both players obviously have something about them but just don't suit us or our level
I'm sure they'd excel at a club like Derby etc which is frustrating

Not seen either run or be 100% influential in a single game
I'd swap both for Lee Catermole and believe me over the years I've hated Lee Catermole!! It's a player/ players like him we need now

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ollies biggest decision on 14:15 - Jan 3 with 1590 viewsDannyPaddox

Ollies biggest decision on 18:47 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

Well im praying we play 442. Luongo can't play in a 2 in my opinion and Chery is no winger. Get both out, trust me. I thought Luongo was woeful against Brentford, too weak.

Come on Ollie you know it makes sense, get them out and get two strapping northerners in.

Are the two strapping northerners here yet?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 14:16]
Ollies biggest decision on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 1581 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ollies biggest decision on 17:16 - Jan 2 by jonno

Don't you normally need to be ahead to throw it away?
We were a bit fortunate I agree but that game could have gone either way just like Derby, Wolves and Villa at home. It makes a change to get a bit of luck.
Ollies biggest decision on 14:27 - Jan 3 with 1567 viewsGloucs_R

Ollies biggest decision on 14:20 - Jan 3 by CroydonCaptJack

Don't you normally need to be ahead to throw it away?
We were a bit fortunate I agree but that game could have gone either way just like Derby, Wolves and Villa at home. It makes a change to get a bit of luck.

Exactly. Had we had 11 men against a couple of those we may have got a point or two.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024