Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollies biggest decision 18:45 - Nov 11 with 15315 viewsfreddieeddie

Luongo/Chery. Hope he gets rid of both. Both overrated and neither will suit his style of play should he play 442.

Hope they both go and Ollie don't keep them.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Ollies biggest decision on 22:25 - Nov 11 with 2768 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 22:13 - Nov 11 by DevonWhite

No one cares, mate.

I think you'll find Ladbrokes cared quite a lot.

Ollies biggest decision on 22:42 - Nov 11 with 2735 viewsA40Bosh

Ollies biggest decision on 22:25 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

I think you'll find Ladbrokes cared quite a lot.

I think that was the same year I won £74,600 doing the same thing.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ollies biggest decision on 23:09 - Nov 11 with 2706 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 22:42 - Nov 11 by A40Bosh

Oh stop showing off will you. No-one likes a show off.....know it all. NorthernR certainly doesn't.

No one cares. 🤑

Ollies biggest decision on 23:18 - Nov 11 with 2685 viewsPommyhoop

Back to the thread title..
In the whole interview on player, Ollie says he loves our'' big strong forward who can hold it up and score goals''
BFG or Cilla ?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ollies biggest decision on 23:57 - Nov 11 with 2657 viewsfreddieeddie

Ollies biggest decision on 23:18 - Nov 11 by Pommyhoop

Back to the thread title..
In the whole interview on player, Ollie says he loves our'' big strong forward who can hold it up and score goals''
BFG or Cilla ?

Love it. Good old Ollie. Reckon he will really take to Polter and have Sylla or Conor playing off of him. I prefer Sylla but Polter will be right up Ollies street. Our forwards will all improve under Ollie that's for sure. We can be a real threat with two up top.

Have I mentioned I like 442, not sure I have.

Ollies biggest decision on 00:09 - Nov 12 with 2651 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ollies biggest decision on 20:03 - Nov 11 by Northernr

Total, utter, unrefined, bollocks.

Unrefined bollocks? Nonsense.

This isn't just bollocks.

This is Marks and Spencer African Elephant testicles, marinaded in the finest thoroughbred horse-shit.
Ollies biggest decision on 00:15 - Nov 12 with 2646 viewsaussiehoop

Ollies biggest decision on 21:27 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

At least 50 times surely.

Stating a point to a moron that doesn't know me or his a*** from his elbow.

Not a lucky punt. Reading from 8th to winning the league and Cardiff at 14/1 to win the league, thats knowledge my friend. Make that 51 times.

I don't do the lotto, never have......gambling.....mugs game. I'm a precision punter.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 21:28]

Have you ever had any precise losses?
Ollies biggest decision on 08:38 - Nov 12 with 2538 viewsJogo

Either way Ollie's seen a lot of QPR this season and will have a fair idea of what he needs to do to get this team up and running....better than someone coming in cold and taking 6 months to work out what he's got.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollies biggest decision on 08:54 - Nov 12 with 2519 viewsfakekerby

Simply based on his previous spell as manager I wouldn't be surprised to see Luongo and chery dropped for a more traditional 442 with Henry and Borysiuk in the middle with Pavel and Shodipo out wide and Sylla/Polter and Washington up front.
Ollies biggest decision on 09:05 - Nov 12 with 2508 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollies biggest decision on 20:11 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

If we get promoted in the next five years with Luongo and Chery starting the majority of games i'll run on the pitch starkers. I will paint 'AIR ASIA' on my c*** also.

-ock or -unt?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollies biggest decision on 09:13 - Nov 12 with 2502 viewsbaz_qpr

Ollies biggest decision on 20:03 - Nov 11 by Northernr

Total, utter, unrefined, bollocks.

... In your opinion

In my opinion Freddie is right in some ways. They are both massively overrated by r's fans which is understandable given the lack of any stand out players in the squad. They both have good attributes that can help the team at times but they both have negative attributes that harm the team at time. Chery struggles wide so it forces us to play a certain way to accommodate,, when he is central he comes too deep leaving the striker exposed. When he is off it , he is a dead weight for the team a dead ball player.

Luongo for me is still more potential than finished article. He is good with the ball at his feet, he drives forward well works hard at closing down the spaces and when he is on it is a massive asset but ... He takes far too many touches and slows down the game as much as Henry, he does not play one twos or one touch passes, he strikes a ball poorly so he does not have a long pass and his shooting is poor. He has a really bad tendency to hide (or if you think that is unfair - not take the levels of responsibility on the ball required for his position) in big games such as the Brentford game. He has a hell of a lot to work on to be a a top championship centre midfielder. He may get there but he is still a long way off.

In all honesty I don't think either would have got in many of our teams as starting regular since Ollie was last here and got us promoted. And neither sits well in a 4-4-2 (not that I think we will play that)
That's not to say both will not improve or blossom under Ollie but neither are undroppable if it makes fora better team playing the way the manager wants to
Ollies biggest decision on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 2486 viewsHonkytonks

Ollies biggest decision on 22:13 - Nov 11 by DevonWhite

No one cares, mate.

Gotta agree about lougongo?....flatters to deceive
Ollies biggest decision on 09:58 - Nov 12 with 2437 viewsDorse

Ollies biggest decision on 22:42 - Nov 11 by A40Bosh

I won a bottle of wine in the staffroom raffle once but I didn't let it change me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ollies biggest decision on 10:08 - Nov 12 with 2421 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I think on the pitch we have very few leaders and characters
Compare 2004 and 2005 to our current squad - I think Holloway will need to bring some leaders and strong characters into this squad

Off the field I think the current coaches will leave and Holloway will bring in his own who probably are QPR people as well like Bircham and Gallen

I feel quite positive about this appointment

U R's
Ollies biggest decision on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 2395 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ollies biggest decision on 00:15 - Nov 12 by aussiehoop

Have you ever had any precise losses?

Don't you mean meticulous losses? We've had loads of those this century.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ollies biggest decision on 10:38 - Nov 12 with 1991 viewsparker64

In a recent podcast Bircham made some interesting points about Luongo, Cherry and Polter and how Rangers maybe had too many foreigners in the side. Worth a listen.
Ollies biggest decision on 10:46 - Nov 12 with 1968 viewsderbyhoop

Ollies biggest decision on 19:16 - Nov 11 by freddieeddie

Luongo is too weak a player, knocked off the ball too easily. Good thing is we would get a few quid for him and Chery. See what Ollie does but just PRAY it is 4-4-2.

Apart from the fact that, for most teams, 4-4-2 is outdated, you don't pick a formation and shoehorn the players into it. You pick the best system for the players you have available. We don't have players to play 4-4-2 week in week out, and we're not likely to get them in January, either.

Every time we've tried to play 4-4-2 in the last 18 months we've been overrun in midfield.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ollies biggest decision on 10:48 - Nov 12 with 1964 viewsdaveB

If you want holloway to play 4-4-2 you might be disappointed, he hasn't played that way since he left Leicester
Ollies biggest decision (n/t) on 11:46 - Nov 12 with 1918 viewsqprewan

Ollies biggest decision on 09:13 - Nov 12 by baz_qpr

... In your opinion

In my opinion Freddie is right in some ways. They are both massively overrated by r's fans which is understandable given the lack of any stand out players in the squad. They both have good attributes that can help the team at times but they both have negative attributes that harm the team at time. Chery struggles wide so it forces us to play a certain way to accommodate,, when he is central he comes too deep leaving the striker exposed. When he is off it , he is a dead weight for the team a dead ball player.

Luongo for me is still more potential than finished article. He is good with the ball at his feet, he drives forward well works hard at closing down the spaces and when he is on it is a massive asset but ... He takes far too many touches and slows down the game as much as Henry, he does not play one twos or one touch passes, he strikes a ball poorly so he does not have a long pass and his shooting is poor. He has a really bad tendency to hide (or if you think that is unfair - not take the levels of responsibility on the ball required for his position) in big games such as the Brentford game. He has a hell of a lot to work on to be a a top championship centre midfielder. He may get there but he is still a long way off.

In all honesty I don't think either would have got in many of our teams as starting regular since Ollie was last here and got us promoted. And neither sits well in a 4-4-2 (not that I think we will play that)
That's not to say both will not improve or blossom under Ollie but neither are undroppable if it makes fora better team playing the way the manager wants to

Ollies biggest decision on 11:50 - Nov 12 with 1913 viewsqprewan

Ollies biggest decision on 09:13 - Nov 12 by baz_qpr

... In your opinion

Thanks Baz; that is basically what I meant but goes into a lot more detail; I feel Luongo in particular has great potential and really excited me when he first arrived but usually disappoints these days. They both seem to lack passion for the team imo so if Olly can unlock that ....
Ollies biggest decision on 12:19 - Nov 12 with 1871 viewsDejR_vu

I think Chery may live to regret his little walk to the dressing room at Fulham last season.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollies biggest decision on 12:23 - Nov 12 with 1862 viewsRanger78

Ollies biggest decision on 11:50 - Nov 12 by qprewan

Thanks Baz; that is basically what I meant but goes into a lot more detail; I feel Luongo in particular has great potential and really excited me when he first arrived but usually disappoints these days. They both seem to lack passion for the team imo so if Olly can unlock that ....

Even though this thread went a bit loopy, I too think there is a tiny bit of food for thought in the original post.

Not that I think for one second we should be getting rid of either Luongo or Chery, they're both clearly talented and very important to us.

However, I haven't been as excited about Luongo as others have, the potential is there no doubt but I really hope Holloway can find the right balance and if that means, one of them doesn't play, so be it.

For me personally, one of my biggest disappointments this year has been Cousins, he was the signing I was most pleased about, I genuinely think he has a bright future and can be a player we all get behind for a long time to come. The problem is, we're yet to see him in his natural position and all because the team has had to accommodate others.

I''d just love to see round pegs in round holes, sometime players will miss out and sometimes I'd like to see it change to suit the game accordingly. At an level of of football , I hate seeing players picked just because they are perceived to to be best and to the possible detriment of the team.

Not easy being a manager is it ......
Ollies biggest decision on 18:14 - Nov 12 with 1766 viewsfreddieeddie

See everyone seems to be agreeing with me now.

🙄

Ollies biggest decision on 18:43 - Nov 12 with 1738 viewsTW_R

Ollies biggest decision on 18:14 - Nov 12 by freddieeddie

See everyone seems to be agreeing with me now.

🙄

Not me. You're talking shite. Chery is currently joint top scorer and has created more chances than anyone else in the league. If he wasn't in the team we would currently so be in the relegation zone.

Play Luongo regularly alongside Borysiuk and we'll see him get better and better. He does it Internstionally on a regular basis.
Ollies biggest decision on 19:06 - Nov 12 with 1718 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollies biggest decision on 18:43 - Nov 12 by TW_R

Not me. You're talking shite. Chery is currently joint top scorer and has created more chances than anyone else in the league. If he wasn't in the team we would currently so be in the relegation zone.

Play Luongo regularly alongside Borysiuk and we'll see him get better and better. He does it Internstionally on a regular basis.

For me Chery is struggling, the opposition seem to have worked out how to stifle him by restricting his space and being physical. Unless we can work out how to overcome this, I think we should be open to offers in January.

Luongo, has been very good at times but lacks a little consistency. We have to work out how to best utilse Cousins, Borysiuk, Luongo and Chery as well as the desire of many fans to play with two wingers. Can't fit them all in and some want us to play two strikers, which restricts those talents even more. Borysiuk behind Cousins and Luongo, two wingers and one striker Polter to start and Sylla to come on would be my preference. Chery to be available to replace Luongo or Cousins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024