Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51140 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:24 - Jul 9 with 1679 viewsOakwoodR

More importantly - will Anton have to attend the whole trial?
We could do without him missing the 1st week of training to be honest?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:45 - Jul 9 with 1671 viewsexiled_dictator

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:20 - Jul 9 by QPR_John

The punishment is only a fine so how long would you like him to go to prison for. Most people realise that if found guilty the punishment from the court is irrelevent it is the label of racist that is far worse. But maybe, in this racist country (your words), you think that will have no effect on him

So basically, I can call anyone a fukking blk kkunt, anyone can hear me, and all that will happen is essentially nothing.
The kaaant earns £200k a week, and can only be fined £2500?
That's it?
And you think that the label will concern him or anyone else?
Does it account as a criminal record for him?
Will it affect his credit rating?
Will Cashley Hole love him any less?

As I said, this country is fundamentally racist from top to bottom, and this only proves my point.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:24 - Jul 9 with 1648 viewsreal_loftus

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 08:45 - Jul 9 by exiled_dictator

So basically, I can call anyone a fukking blk kkunt, anyone can hear me, and all that will happen is essentially nothing.
That's it?

As I said, this country is fundamentally racist from top to bottom, and this only proves my point.

Really. "Fundamentally racist"? I'm going to bite my tongue but I cannot think of a more liberal, multi-cultural, inclusive country in the world.

And your comments about Terry show exactly why its a good thing that this is being tried in a magistrates court. It will hopefully diffuse all the emotion and parochialism associated with this trial.

ATAF.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:36 - Jul 9 with 1635 views18StoneOfHoop

That's it?

Exiled,I don't mind your first para summation there but for duck's sake your last sentence is plain wrong.
I refer you once to again to the nub of Toast_R's eloquent post earlier in the thread that attracted a rare 4 thumbs up:
'The UK has bent over backwards to accomodate ethnic minorities...Try and set up a Christian Community in the Middle East and see how far you get...This country should be proud of what I would say is one of the most tolerant cultures in the world."
Look at the recent UK local elections..the BNP made no gains whatsoever whilst over in France Le Pen's daughter attracted around a whopping 13% in the first round of the Presidential election. There is no country in the world where racism doesn't exist,it is extremely naive to think otherwise...can you really not see that British institutions are at least 30 years ahead in getting to grips with the problem through the law and a strong effective political establishment than say the nations of the former Iron Curtain?
To get back to JT - specifically he has already admitted saying what he said on 23rd October and that together with the evidence of an expert lip reader to my mind should surely be enough - even if Terry's defence try and play a side stepping dirty,irrelevant Anton smearing game - to get him fined however pitifully small.That alone should be a strong enough message to all.I compare pre-trial conjecture on either side -'he's bang to rights & will be penalised'/'oh they'll let him off,of course' - around now to be very similar to stabs in the dark sh1te that Shaun Custis of The Sun or Mark Palios once of the FA came up with prior to the Faurlin judgment last year.Stabs in the dark..no one can tell.
This country is in no way fundamentally racist from top to bottom.Your point has not been proved.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:46 - Jul 9 with 1621 viewsSomersetHoops

I thought it was a spectator who complained about it having heard it. I presume they will be there and subjected to cross examination by aggressive, expensive lawyers and a lot will depend on how they stand up to that. Terry has a defence that consists of him having prefixed the abuse with 'I didn't say you were a .......' and it will be difficult for the witness to prove he didn't say it with the prefix.

BTW the pound sign should be alt key held down and inputting 156 on the numeric key pad if it follows this then it works - £

Who's Next?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:52 - Jul 9 with 1608 viewsQPR_John

That's it?

Others have answered this better than me so I would just like to add why, in a fundamentally racist country, is Terry being prosecuted
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:06 - Jul 9 with 1593 viewsSpeediesdouble

Nice to see some balance on this issue on this thread.

I have no idea if he's guilty or not, the only thing certain is as someone already said this will just be a media circus and an incredible waste of tax payers money at a time when waste is not an option. Conservatively i'm guessing this case has cost in the region of £500k and probably far more.

Bottom line is not the exact words that were said but the context in which they were said, it's one thing going up to someone in the street in a pre mediated fashion and blurting out "b**** c*** " as opposed to in a heated moment under provocation blurting out those same words on one occasion.

Someone on the thread compared it to the Suarez case ??!! It wasn't one mans word against another Suarez admitted he used the term on numerous ocassions in the same game, again the argument was the context and had Suarez only said it once I'm sure he would have got off but the fact he repeated it time and again went against him.

In Terry's case it was said once in the heat of the moment (context unknown) nobody heard and the case was taken up because someone saw it on TV/Youtube and decided to make a formal complaint.

As I said earlier whether he'll be found guilty or not I have no idea but that this whole thing is a complete waste of tax payers money I am sure.

If he is found guilty what does it really mean ? Is it going to stop anyone likely to have said that before not say it ? no chance ! Does it send out a message ? perhaps but only to the people that already knew anyway. At best it will give a few small minded people some joy as it will hurt Terry but will it put more nurses on the wards, will it help look after our troops, our essential services, improve schools, nope and in my opinion all things that the investigation/trial money could have been better off being used for.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:23 - Jul 9 with 1569 viewssimmo

I think we can all agree that guilty or not guilty, Terry will still be a loathsome product of scum scraped DNA whose real crime is thieving oxygen from decent members of society.

Being found guilty does not make him a racist, but is just another in a long list of incidents confirming what a terrible addition to the game and the human race he is.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:25 - Jul 9 with 1521 viewsQPR_Jim

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:06 - Jul 9 by Speediesdouble

I have no idea if he's guilty or not, the only thing certain is as someone already said this will just be a media circus and an incredible waste of tax payers money at a time when waste is not an option. Conservatively i'm guessing this case has cost in the region of £500k and probably far more.

Bottom line is not the exact words that were said but the context in which they were said, it's one thing going up to someone in the street in a pre mediated fashion and blurting out "b**** c*** " as opposed to in a heated moment under provocation blurting out those same words on one occasion.

Someone on the thread compared it to the Suarez case ??!! It wasn't one mans word against another Suarez admitted he used the term on numerous ocassions in the same game, again the argument was the context and had Suarez only said it once I'm sure he would have got off but the fact he repeated it time and again went against him.

In Terry's case it was said once in the heat of the moment (context unknown) nobody heard and the case was taken up because someone saw it on TV/Youtube and decided to make a formal complaint.

As I said earlier whether he'll be found guilty or not I have no idea but that this whole thing is a complete waste of tax payers money I am sure.

If he is found guilty what does it really mean ? Is it going to stop anyone likely to have said that before not say it ? no chance ! Does it send out a message ? perhaps but only to the people that already knew anyway. At best it will give a few small minded people some joy as it will hurt Terry but will it put more nurses on the wards, will it help look after our troops, our essential services, improve schools, nope and in my opinion all things that the investigation/trial money could have been better off being used for.

That last paragraph, with the exception of a couple of sentences, could be used for any trial.

So he mass murdered 100,000 people, if he is found guilty what does it really mean ? Does it send out a message ? perhaps but only to the people that already knew anyway. Will it put more nurses on the wards, will it help look after our troops, our essential services, improve schools, nope and in my opinion all things that the investigation/trial money could have been better off being used for.

For the record I'm quite happy for tax payer money to be spent maintaining law and order even if it's spent prosecuting petty criminals and racists.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 1511 viewshoopstilidie

Defence case is that words "uttered by way of sarcastic exclamation or enquiry in relation to a perceived accusation by Mr Ferdinand.."

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 1506 viewsPhildo

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:06 - Jul 9 by Speediesdouble

Suarez was an FA hearing. This is a criminal offence being tried in the magistrates court. The CPS have learned from jury trials that footballers or managers pay Kelsey Fry QC a million quid and get themselves out of it in front of a jury in cases that look open and shut.

They charged him with the lowest offence to increase the chance of convicting him.

We will find out this week if they were right.

If he gets the criminal case out of the way the FA then have to decide what to do with him and the Suarez case starts to get relevant.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:35 - Jul 9 with 1498 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:31 - Jul 9 by hoopstilidie

Defence case is that words "uttered by way of sarcastic exclamation or enquiry in relation to a perceived accusation by Mr Ferdinand.."

Based on lip-reading evidence, Crown says Ferdinand said to Terry: "Oih you shagging ya mates missus" - accompanied by 'fist gesture'

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:39 - Jul 9 with 1492 viewshoopstilidie

Unbroadcast footage now being shown to court from Sky TV and Chelsea FC - filmed for training purposes

https://twitter.com/danroan

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:48 - Jul 9 with 1478 viewsdaveB

my bus was delayed this morning due to all the media spilling into the road.

I think he'll get off and they'll sling plenty of mud at Ferdinand
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:00 - Jul 9 with 1461 viewsCanadaRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18760180

bbc report
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 1435 viewsbaz_qpr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 06:52 - Jul 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

Let's have an end to The Reign Of Terryor...The Stain Upon The Game

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-features/rap-sheet-the-crimes-and-misdemeano

It's oft stated that the max penalty of the court is a mere #3,200* but so long as the presiding magistrate shows some balls and doesn't dismiss the charges completely,whatever pittance he may be fined if the allegation is proven will permanently damage his reputation and future commercial and advertising income,plus - perhaps more importantly - force the FA to make a statement that he won't desecrate the England shirt again.

*still can't get my b'staad pound sterling sign to work

Alt - 3
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 1372 viewsMode

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 8 by Toast_R

"This country is fundamentally racist from top to bottom, and is simply not ready to make the necessary changes that will allow ethnic minorities to live normal day to day lives in peace & security".

If you are referring to the UK with that statement I could not agree with you less.

Bend over backwards to accommdate ethnic minorities and I would like to see any other country in the world that is better at that then the UK.

Try and set up a Christian Community in the Middle East and see how far you get. This country should be proud of what I would say is one of the most tolerant cultures in the world.

There maybe some institutions that don't deal with alleged racist with perhaps the intensity many would expect but then they are bad at dealing with any incidents that happen to reflect badly on them.

I couldn't agree with you more mate.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:59 - Jul 9 with 1351 viewsJamie

"Anton Ferdinand is first witness and takes the stand

Prosecution asks Ferdinand how many times he & Terry called each other "a c***". "I couldn't tell you" says Ferdinand.

Ferdinand denies accusing Terry of using racist language - this challenges defence that Terry merely said words in "sarcastic exclamation"

Ferdinand denies hearing Terry racially abuse him - but admits referring to goading him over alleged affair with former team-mate's wife'
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:04 - Jul 9 with 2015 viewsQPunkR

"In a statement to the Football Association five days after the incident, Mr Terry said that he and Mr Ferdinand had been exchanging "verbals" and he had made a gesture to imply Mr Ferdinand had bad breath.

He said: "We're still having a, sort of, ding-dong, if you like," adding that was when Mr Ferdinand had used a racially abusive obscenity."

Hang on, does that mean that T*rry's now trying to say that Anton racially abused him 1st????

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:13 - Jul 9 with 1988 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:04 - Jul 9 by QPunkR

"In a statement to the Football Association five days after the incident, Mr Terry said that he and Mr Ferdinand had been exchanging "verbals" and he had made a gesture to imply Mr Ferdinand had bad breath.

He said: "We're still having a, sort of, ding-dong, if you like," adding that was when Mr Ferdinand had used a racially abusive obscenity."

Hang on, does that mean that T*rry's now trying to say that Anton racially abused him 1st????

his defence is and always has been that Ferdinand said "Did you call be a black c*nt" and he replied " Do you think I called you a black c*nt" which is quite clearly not what happened
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 1925 viewsNorthernr

Well from what I can gather it's been an intellectually stimulating morning in court.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 1924 viewsJamie

"This is surreal. Every other word Terry's lawyer is saying seems to be an offensive one as he recounts what took place on field.

Lawyer: Why did you keep going (swearing)?
Ferdinand: Because I wanted to
Lawyer: So you think you can do whatever you want to?

Lawyer accuses Ferdinand of 'upping'' the ante by accusing Terry of racially abusing him even though he hadn't...

lawyer putting Ferdinand through the ringer. Says Ferd accused Terry of racially abusing him during game because other abuse had no effect

Ferdinand denying he accused Terry of racially abusing him during match. Lawyer says that's what happened and why Terry used 'black cu*t'"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:55 - Jul 9 with 1886 viewsJamie

"Defence lawyer says Ashley Cole was referring to Ferdinand accusing Terry of racial abuse when Cole said 'you can't talk to JT like that.

Lawyer: Why is your memory so vague whenver I ask you about the conversation?
Ferdinand: Because it was 10 months ago

Lawyer accuses Ferd of being 'caught out by the video'
left out what he said when he made gesture from statement to avoid being 'exposed'

lawyer: `I'm going to suggest you deliberately left it out because you knew what it led on to.'

Ferdinand looks over at public gallery and lawyer stops cross-exam to to ask him 'are you looking for some assitance over there?'
Ferd: no"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:55 - Jul 9 with 1883 viewswestolian

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:32 - Jul 9 by Phildo

Suarez was an FA hearing. This is a criminal offence being tried in the magistrates court. The CPS have learned from jury trials that footballers or managers pay Kelsey Fry QC a million quid and get themselves out of it in front of a jury in cases that look open and shut.

They charged him with the lowest offence to increase the chance of convicting him.

We will find out this week if they were right.

If he gets the criminal case out of the way the FA then have to decide what to do with him and the Suarez case starts to get relevant.

Thanks for clearing that up - i was wondering why the Terry case has been treated differently to Suarez.

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 1857 viewsdaveB

they only have to watch a video of the game to see Terry was wound up by the crowd rather than any of the players, he was like a maniac by the time the incident happened.

The defence lawyer as expected is trying to blame it all on Ferdinand.

Rio Ferdinands latest tweet was rather amusing.

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
Film of the day: Liar Liar....starring Jim Carey. what a film!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024