Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 14:09 - Jan 4 with 20511 viewsNotLoyal

How interesting is this ? Morgan Whittaker would be laughing like a laughing person queuing up to get a driving licence, but due to staff shortages …

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59305/shoddy-swansea-sne

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Joe Allen, Ollie Cooper; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Harry Darling, Olivier Ntcham, Nathanael Obgeta, Luke Cundle, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Cameron Congreve, Joel Cotterill.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:51 - Jan 8 with 2032 viewsjojaca

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:28 - Jan 8 by Brynmill_Jack

We assisted BC more than the ref did with some real lazy passes cut out by their players far too easily.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 14:29]

Spot on, we were so careless in possession. Today's performance has really sunk in that the players are just not good enough, we struggled to play under pressure against their press.

Even when you know, you never know?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:57 - Jan 8 with 1995 viewsBadlands

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:34 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Are you seriously putting that mistake on Martin?

🙈

No he's pointing out that Martin's obsessions are harming the confidence of players.
Given Benda has shown himself to a very good keeper at this less there are few reasons why we have seen so many poor decisions lately.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:57 - Jan 8 with 1997 viewsgrabsplatter

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:48 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

2 average championship team play out a boring draw in the fa cup sums up that game.

Sums the match up perfectly
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 1992 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:51 - Jan 8 by jojaca

Spot on, we were so careless in possession. Today's performance has really sunk in that the players are just not good enough, we struggled to play under pressure against their press.

Didn’t see the game but that’s a common complaint this year.

We need to face it, we are not going to get better under Martin. Either the players aren’t good enough or his coaching isn’t. Bit of both maybe.

But of course, he’s not going anywhere😡

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 1994 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:34 - Jan 8 by cockett_jack

How can you defend Benda after his recent howlers. It’s not like he has moments of brilliance to make up for them. He is average to poor.

I won't claim he's brilliant but face the fact that how we play football comes from the managers instructions and coaching.

We are told to keep possession, to play it short, to do what we do on the edge of our box, Benda is told to pass it not hoof it.

We even had martin admitting he shouted at Fulton to NOY shoot mun, then Fulton scored. is this why we don't shoot enough, team instructions?

Anyway, two poor teams Not much else to say.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:08 - Jan 8 with 1967 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:40 - Jan 8 by max936

They run out steam 10 mins after the start of the second half, some can't pass water, Grimes and Joey were controlling the middle of the park in the first half, but run out of steam after 60 min's.

Just makes no sense as to what Martin is trying to achieve, he needs to go taking his set piece coach with him and Winter for good measure.

Makes you wonder how well they are conditioned by the fitness coaches at the club. Our play has been very pedestrian- I think the lack of fitness throughout the squad is shocking and a major failing at the club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:09 - Jan 8 with 1957 viewsBadlands

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:58 - Jan 8 by SullutaCreturned

I won't claim he's brilliant but face the fact that how we play football comes from the managers instructions and coaching.

We are told to keep possession, to play it short, to do what we do on the edge of our box, Benda is told to pass it not hoof it.

We even had martin admitting he shouted at Fulton to NOY shoot mun, then Fulton scored. is this why we don't shoot enough, team instructions?

Anyway, two poor teams Not much else to say.

I'm losing count of the number of times there is space behind the defence and gaps to thread the ball through that are ignored for a safe back pass.
We beat Watford because Watford tried playing open football. That has been the pattern since Martin arrived. A strong and fit pressing team is difficult to break down even by exceptional sides but by not changing pace or tactic we are easy prey.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:10 - Jan 8 with 1956 viewsgrabsplatter

I'm in no way defending Martin because his tactics are massively frustrating but that's got nothing to do with Benda failing to make basic saves in the last 2 games.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:10 - Jan 8 with 1956 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:48 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

2 average championship team play out a boring draw in the fa cup sums up that game.

Pretty much spot on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:16 - Jan 8 with 1938 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:10 - Jan 8 by grabsplatter

I'm in no way defending Martin because his tactics are massively frustrating but that's got nothing to do with Benda failing to make basic saves in the last 2 games.

If we don’t sloppily give the ball away because of a lack of fitness and concentration in games Benda shouldn’t really be blamed. I’d much rather him in the goal than Fisher who was a tremendous waste of money

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 1898 viewsgrabsplatter

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:16 - Jan 8 by Brynmill_Jack

If we don’t sloppily give the ball away because of a lack of fitness and concentration in games Benda shouldn’t really be blamed. I’d much rather him in the goal than Fisher who was a tremendous waste of money

Wouldn't disagree regarding Fisher, an unnecessary signing & OK as cover but nothing more.
Benda has been at fault for goals in 3 of the last 4 games so yes he really should be blamed.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 1895 viewsswan65split

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:13 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Ntcham can’t be fully fit.

He'll never be fit enough for a 90 minute game.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:32 - Jan 8 with 1869 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:34 - Jan 8 by cockett_jack

How can you defend Benda after his recent howlers. It’s not like he has moments of brilliance to make up for them. He is average to poor.

He ain’t brilliant but he has been far better than of late I’m amazed people can’t see how players one way or another are killed by this coach stone dead
Brenda noticeably looks more fragile
This is no co incidence
Prior to the goal , why again stroke the ball directly to opposition forwards
Bends must feel like Shute

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:32 - Jan 8 with 1878 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 15:58 - Jan 8 by union_jack

Didn’t see the game but that’s a common complaint this year.

We need to face it, we are not going to get better under Martin. Either the players aren’t good enough or his coaching isn’t. Bit of both maybe.

But of course, he’s not going anywhere😡

Difficult to disagree with much there, we seem in the same boat as we were 18mths ago. Very little improvement if any, we were (or most of us) waiting for the process to kick in but it isn't going to. As UJ said its either the players aren't good enough or RM's coaching is lacking, but it isn't going to change anytime soon.
I don't get RM's aversion to pace, pace creates things, it makes the opposition nervous, maybe its me but I just don't get it.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:40 - Jan 8 with 1855 viewsunion_jack

There’s no substitute for pace and I’m as dumbfounded as you.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:47 - Jan 8 with 1838 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:40 - Jan 8 by union_jack

It gets bums of seats, raises the atmosphere, but no, we'll just play tippy tappy in our final third until either the atmosphere is zero or we gift a goal to the opposition, depends what comes first. The atmosphere at home the last 2 games has been much better, as we tried starting on the front foot, throw a bit of pace into the mix and who knows what can happen.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:49 - Jan 8 with 1835 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:32 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Difficult to disagree with much there, we seem in the same boat as we were 18mths ago. Very little improvement if any, we were (or most of us) waiting for the process to kick in but it isn't going to. As UJ said its either the players aren't good enough or RM's coaching is lacking, but it isn't going to change anytime soon.
I don't get RM's aversion to pace, pace creates things, it makes the opposition nervous, maybe its me but I just don't get it.

Today was abysmal, no excuses.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:54 - Jan 8 with 1817 viewsmax936

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:40 - Jan 8 by union_jack

Daft bat is trying to reinvent the Wheel.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 17:01 - Jan 8 with 1782 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 16:32 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Process stalled then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 19:10 - Jan 8 with 1575 viewsbuilthjack

The players have a lot to answer. Second half awful.
Grimes- Good 1st half, then 2nd half his passing was slow, lethargic, and mostly backwards.
Manning - 2nd half often out of position, crossing was dire, shied out of tackles and scared to head it.
Cooper - Great first half, awful 2nd half. He has recently started diving when he loses the ball. I have noticed it lots. If he passed it quicker there would be no need to dive.
Wood - Never going to improve the team.
Fulton - We have tried to get rid of him for years, you can see why. Always gets booked for silly things then he is walking a tightrope.
Piroe - He gets into good positions but we don’t give it him, or give it him three seconds too late.
He gets very frustrated by this and I don’t blame him.Cullen - Tries hard but a League 1/2 player

Shall I go on? I could see Martin in the technical area head in hands quite a few times when we played it back when we had a chance to go forward. That’s something you don’t see on the telly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 1507 viewsguthrieintherain

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 14:34 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Are you seriously putting that mistake on Martin?

🙈

Yes Martin gets blamed for plenty but blaming him for that is crazy.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 20:02]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 1444 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just trying to remember the rules.

Players do bad = Players fault

Players go good = Down to Martin

Got it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 20:30 - Jan 8 with 1448 viewsvetchonian

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 19:10 - Jan 8 by builthjack

Grimes- Good 1st half, then 2nd half his passing was slow, lethargic, and mostly backwards.
Manning - 2nd half often out of position, crossing was dire, shied out of tackles and scared to head it.
Cooper - Great first half, awful 2nd half. He has recently started diving when he loses the ball. I have noticed it lots. If he passed it quicker there would be no need to dive.
Fulton - We have tried to get rid of him for years, you can see why. Always gets booked for silly things then he is walking a tightrope.
Piroe - He gets into good positions but we don’t give it him, or give it him three seconds too late.
He gets very frustrated by this and I don’t blame him.Cullen - Tries hard but a League 1/2 player

Shall I go on? I could see Martin in the technical area head in hands quite a few times when we played it back when we had a chance to go forward. That’s something you don’t see on the telly.

I'm not sure we have been trying to get rid 9f Fulton...new extended contract under Cooper yes Martin froze him out but brought him back into the fold

when it's good it's down to Martin but now you blame the players....yes they make mistakes but that's because Martin has coached their instinctive playnoutnof them and turned them into sideways and backwards passing automotoms.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 20:37 - Jan 8 with 1417 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 19:10 - Jan 8 by builthjack

I have seen it many a time, Martin pointing and saying(when closer to him).......to play the ball forward or a player to make a run into a space in a forward position.

I have posted it previously on here.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 20:40 - Jan 8 with 1405 viewsvetchonian

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 20:37 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

I have seen it many a time, Martin pointing and saying(when closer to him).......to play the ball forward or a player to make a run into a space in a forward position.

I have posted it previously on here.

I thought you watched us from a box

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024