Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 14:09 - Jan 4 with 19796 viewsNotLoyal

How interesting is this ? Morgan Whittaker would be laughing like a laughing person queuing up to get a driving licence, but due to staff shortages …

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59305/shoddy-swansea-sne

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Joe Allen, Ollie Cooper; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Harry Darling, Olivier Ntcham, Nathanael Obgeta, Luke Cundle, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Cameron Congreve, Joel Cotterill.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:16 - Jan 8 with 935 viewsmagicdaps10

One thing you can see in the team is the naivety in the younger players.

One thing I would question Martin with, surely he can see that little bit more experience needed in certain parts of the pitch.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:17 - Jan 8 with 928 viewscockett_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:05 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Eh?

People seem to have issues with facts at the moment.

Yes if we shoot up the league and find ourselves challenging for promotion (where we should be) then no doubt the season will have been more good than bad.

Rocket science it ain’t.

(Also what do you mean by enjoy some success? We have won 1 in 10, regardless of what happens today I’m hardly going to be ecstatic about things).
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:10]

I find it odd you’re having a pop a Russell whilst we are playing well and winning today. I’d have thought the latter is more important for a fan, I’m the moment.

You prove my point also, the league is so tight that we could easily shoot up a few places so you’d then in a matter of weeks revert to assessing that there’s far more good than bad? Just seem silly to me given how tight this league is. If we were fifteenth and a lot of games back I’d be more inclined to agree with you.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:21 - Jan 8 with 880 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Allen making a bit of a mockery of the few people claiming that he was fit only for the glue factory based on a couple of early injuries. Truth is he played loads of games for Stoke and Wales last season and is still a class above most.

We've controlled the ball but not done an awful lot with it. Bristol have been pretty gash which helps.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:25]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 862 viewsmagicdaps10

I would bring Conegrove on for Cullen 2nd half, game has passed Cullen a bit the first half.

Gping to say it aswell, think Bristol City were unlucky with that 1st penalty call, 2nd one was a dive.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 842 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:17 - Jan 8 by cockett_jack

I find it odd you’re having a pop a Russell whilst we are playing well and winning today. I’d have thought the latter is more important for a fan, I’m the moment.

You prove my point also, the league is so tight that we could easily shoot up a few places so you’d then in a matter of weeks revert to assessing that there’s far more good than bad? Just seem silly to me given how tight this league is. If we were fifteenth and a lot of games back I’d be more inclined to agree with you.

I’m not having a pop at anyone. Someone praised Martin for what individual players are doing well, I made the point by that same token you would have to make the opposite point when it occurs (because that point is never made).

You say it’s “easy” to shoot up the league, but we haven’t. That’s the point.

We finished 15th last season and are 15th now, that’s over 70 league games, this isn’t a fluke outcome of a tight league.

By all means pretend none of this is true because we are beating Bristol 1-0 in the cup if you like. The cup is of very little importance to me this season, I’d swap this for 3 points in the league without question.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 861 viewsSTID2017

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 12:53 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Fa Cup day 😉

It is and very enjoyable it is too.
Swsns deservedly in the lead.
Not a time to dwell on the pros and cons of our Russ
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:24]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 860 viewspencoedjack

Well I’m unsure if we were decent or the Wurzels were awful.

Probably a bit of both.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:25 - Jan 8 with 829 viewstheloneranger

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:10 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Got to move Piroe out of that right hand side position, he’s really achieving nothing.

At the moment, he's got the first touch of Obafemi. 😁

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 821 viewsFireboy2

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

Probably a bit of both.

We are playing well, just can't create a decent chance, I'd bring congrieve on for cullen and see how we go from there.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 813 viewsSTID2017

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:22 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

Probably a bit of both.

Agree bit of both.
Possession stats slightly lower than Russ would like.
Guess that must be why we are winning ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:27 - Jan 8 with 800 viewsmagicdaps10

Probably a bit of both.

I think we just about deserve the lead, we had a few patches of superb football but you can see the switch of with individual players now and again that could cost us....i 2ould be pulling my hair out if I was the manager, Allen surprisingly is one of those players!

We are lacking that bite in the final 3rd.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 788 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:26 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

We are playing well, just can't create a decent chance, I'd bring congrieve on for cullen and see how we go from there.

Ditto Conegrove for Cullen as I posted a couple of minutes prior.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:30 - Jan 8 with 756 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:27 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

I think we just about deserve the lead, we had a few patches of superb football but you can see the switch of with individual players now and again that could cost us....i 2ould be pulling my hair out if I was the manager, Allen surprisingly is one of those players!

Why would he be pulling his hair out? You were saying on the last page that he is making them play the way they are.

If he’s pulling his hair out with the way some are playing, then he needs to ask himself why he’s taught them to play like that.

Pretty easy job if managers took credit for everything good and anything bad is the players fault… which is a theme that seems to be creeping in once more this season.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:30 - Jan 8 with 767 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:26 - Jan 8 by STID2017

Agree bit of both.

Our movement is much better but it normally is when a team plays a higher line.
Our posession is always higher against a team who plays deeper, it's never down to choice.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:31 - Jan 8 with 765 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:26 - Jan 8 by STID2017

Agree bit of both.

Yep we are passing forward probably why I’m actually enjoying watching us play.

The Wurzels look very boring which I guess is what happens when you’re managed by Nigel Pearson for years.

Bit gutted I’d didn’t make the effort to go today, fantastic support 👍

FB I’d keep Cullen on he’s need some game time to see if he’s up to it or moved on, I’m still undecided but probably blinkered due to him being a local lad.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 751 viewsNotLoyal

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:27 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Definitely deserve the lead, the wurzel are hopeless.

One thing Martin has constantly mentioned this season giving away dangerous free kicks, Nathan wood hasn’t stopped doing it this half. He is either thick or just not good enough.

OK I've changed it.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 738 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:30 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Our posession is always higher against a team who plays deeper, it's never down to choice.

That’s not true, as proven multiple times.

The game plan changes depending on how much pressure Russ is under, but not everyone has the ability to see that even when it’s presented in bite size chunks.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:33 - Jan 8 with 747 viewsAnotherJohn

Some nice passing in midfield today, but our usual lack of penetration. Towards the end of the half I've been worried when we give up good field position by passing back into our own half, get pressed and then lose possession near our penalty area, BC then put the ball into our box, and although their forwards have looked toothless that is a risk given our propensity for mistakes.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:35 - Jan 8 with 723 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:32 - Jan 8 by NotLoyal

Definitely deserve the lead, the wurzel are hopeless.

One thing Martin has constantly mentioned this season giving away dangerous free kicks, Nathan wood hasn’t stopped doing it this half. He is either thick or just not good enough.

Wood has been unlucky with a couple of calls, Wood likes to play on the edge when defending.....likes to get very tight.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:38 - Jan 8 with 706 viewsmax936

What does our set[piece coach do in training, stand on sidelines chatting shit to Martin, he must do because we're shocking at both ends.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:41 - Jan 8 with 679 viewsNotLoyal

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:32 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

The game plan changes depending on how much pressure Russ is under, but not everyone has the ability to see that even when it’s presented in bite size chunks.

OK I've changed it.

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 673 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:30 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Eh ! It's the exact opposite daps, our movement is shocking when a team play a higher line. IMO anyway.
Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:43 - Jan 8 with 653 viewsSTID2017

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:32 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Guess we cannot all be blessed with the same gifts of wisdom and insight ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:44 - Jan 8 with 647 viewsmax936

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Eh ! It's the exact opposite daps, our movement is shocking when a team play a higher line. IMO anyway.

I agree we get to the halfway line and faff about with the ball, 10yrds either side of it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 634 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round 2023 on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Is the correct answer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024