Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS 11:53 - Dec 7 with 15143 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the knots of Forest, the cooper in a stupor with his knots in his hanky, a tatey potatey, no golf buggie but knots in his frowning. The wheel spins round it’s the battle of the managers who manage different teams, it’s time for the swans to rise, or Notts.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55143/when-steve-cooper-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56474/does-the-return-of
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56479
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56481
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56482

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:13 - Dec 11 with 1467 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:08 - Dec 11 by DJack

He can give his opinion of AC just like the rest of us do with other posters.

I'm not seething. I'm not bloomin happy either as we have undone ourselves as much as Cooper did a number on us.

Well ,if you're not happy,why support Martin no matter what becaue we have been hammered several times this season and are getting worse. As I say,we hammer each other not the team/club/coach.We are all weird as we love the club. My missus came out of hospital two days ago.I made her lunch,sat her in front of a stream to watch her team Liverpool then sat down and watched us.

Happy myares

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:34 - Dec 11 with 1403 viewsKeithHaynes

There ya go. Corny delivers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:36 - Dec 11 with 1397 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:08 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

Dont be taken in by impressions and never answer people's questions as you are basically talking to yourself,which you are.

I am a very good judge of character,trust me. Im also very honest and state how I feel which most do not.
Most right now are happy with our team? No.

Answer that then ,why are you happy right now?

Of course I am not happy we just lost 1.4.
We are on s poor run.

The defending was unacceptable as it was at home to Reading and for the goal at Boro last week.

We are missing too many chances Piroe and Nicham today.

But we have a young manager learning his trade.
We need to give him at least 2 transfer windows,and see where we are next Christmas.

To call for his head now is crazy.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:37 - Dec 11 with 1392 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:36 - Dec 11 by guthrieintherain

We are on s poor run.

The defending was unacceptable as it was at home to Reading and for the goal at Boro last week.

We need to give him at least 2 transfer windows,and see where we are next Christmas.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:44 - Dec 11 with 1380 viewsdonkonky

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:13 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

Well ,if you're not happy,why support Martin no matter what becaue we have been hammered several times this season and are getting worse. As I say,we hammer each other not the team/club/coach.We are all weird as we love the club. My missus came out of hospital two days ago.I made her lunch,sat her in front of a stream to watch her team Liverpool then sat down and watched us.

Happy myares

Thing is lad we will win a few on the bounce and we will be happy with our lot then lose a couple and everyone is fuming again We’re not crap and we’re not world beaters. We are where we are, enjoy the wins and don’t get too down when we get stuffed .
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:54 - Dec 11 with 1349 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:13 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

Happy myares

I dont support him "no matter what". I accept that he is here for a transition to a different style of football and he does not have the (style of) players he wants to achieve that. He is here til the end of NEXT season and there will be many more ups and downs.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:55 - Dec 11 with 1348 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:36 - Dec 11 by guthrieintherain

We are on s poor run.

We have to give him the oppurtunity to bring in players, the defending today was exposed for what it is slow, saying that Piroe heading back across goal and Hamers mistake's cost us.

As for the Grimes bashers the number of times he had an outlet was minimum with only the diagonal over the top to Manning which is where Cooper had them push us. Downes looked superb today when he strolled out and was our quickest way forward, unfortunately Paterson had a mare today so we had only Ntcham to get through them.

We need pace adding all over the pitch and some players off loaded, as you correctly state this will need a couple of windows i think we should back him.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 19:00 - Dec 11 with 1331 viewsjackrabbit

I wasn’t a Cooper fan, but I don’t begrudge him this moment of satisfaction. What a great way to say “Up yours!”
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 20:33 - Dec 11 with 1223 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:55 - Dec 11 by krunchykarrot

We have to give him the oppurtunity to bring in players, the defending today was exposed for what it is slow, saying that Piroe heading back across goal and Hamers mistake's cost us.

As for the Grimes bashers the number of times he had an outlet was minimum with only the diagonal over the top to Manning which is where Cooper had them push us. Downes looked superb today when he strolled out and was our quickest way forward, unfortunately Paterson had a mare today so we had only Ntcham to get through them.

We need pace adding all over the pitch and some players off loaded, as you correctly state this will need a couple of windows i think we should back him.

Grimes is the captain and lauded as on of the best players in the division by some. He NEVER delivers. EVER.

Also leaving your best left back on the bench for three games and losing the lot should signify a change is needed

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 20:36 - Dec 11 with 1209 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:54 - Dec 11 by DJack

I dont support him "no matter what". I accept that he is here for a transition to a different style of football and he does not have the (style of) players he wants to achieve that. He is here til the end of NEXT season and there will be many more ups and downs.

Good.
You dont but look at that which is posted DJ.

Let's face it.We are desperate for Martin to succeed.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 09:23 - Dec 12 with 1015 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 20:36 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

Good.
You dont but look at that which is posted DJ.

Let's face it.We are desperate for Martin to succeed.

If only that was a theme.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 09:34 - Dec 12 with 1002 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 20:33 - Dec 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes is the captain and lauded as on of the best players in the division by some. He NEVER delivers. EVER.

Also leaving your best left back on the bench for three games and losing the lot should signify a change is needed

I’ve been a huge defender of grimes, but he was awful yesterday again.

Downes in for him next Saturday.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 09:42 - Dec 12 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 09:34 - Dec 12 by 34dfgdf54

I’ve been a huge defender of grimes, but he was awful yesterday again.

Downes in for him next Saturday.

Downes suspended.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 13:16 - Dec 12 with 920 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 09:42 - Dec 12 by KeithHaynes

Downes suspended.

Was very lucky not to get sent off yesterday.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 13:30 - Dec 12 with 911 viewsDr_Winston

There are obvious deep problems with the way we're defending at the moment. Going forward we're still creating chances, although our play is getting bogged down again and again by our glorious captain, and there are worrying signs that Downes is copying the same bad habits.

Need to revert to the defensive setup that worked before. If that means RM has to swallow his pride and recall Bidwell then so be it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 13:38 - Dec 12 with 913 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 20:33 - Dec 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Sitting up high yesterday the ammount of movement was poor, even a few of the kids behind were commentating.

As for Downes he was superb and the times he went through the gap broke the lines we had Manning and Piroe gone early coming back and Laird off the pace yesterday.

We have players in a system that should not be exposed this is down to the manager, however if he knows his options why the hell did he play Ben left back against their best player who just happens to be the fastest. Bidwell should have started as he is better defending against pace and is not shabby in the air either.

Corey Smith is a good Pro who can do a good job in the right position, unfortunately he cannot perform in this holding position, when Downes got booked early doors i said to my mate we are now f*****d.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 14:25 - Dec 12 with 897 viewsCatullus

Agreed, saying he never had an outlet is moot because he rarely passes it forward when there are chances. He hesitates and then plays safe. He slows us down so much at a time when we have no real pace anyway.

Look at the difference when Downes had the ball, he was brave, he carried the ball forwards. We need to be rid of Grimes and find another Downes!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 14:57 - Dec 12 with 872 viewsFlashberryjack

"Disappointed with the result, but happy with the performance"

Who agrees with that statement ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 15:05 - Dec 12 with 863 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 14:57 - Dec 12 by Flashberryjack

Disappointed with the result, and disappointed with the performance.

Shocking defensively, not only Hamer. Slow and sterile in the middle of the pitch, we need to play the ball quicker with more intent. Very poor finishing including Piroe who normally is better. A bad performance all round, but if we had taken our chances it would obviously have been a different game.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:37 - Dec 12 with 817 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 15:05 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

Disappointed with the result, and disappointed with the performance.

Shocking defensively, not only Hamer. Slow and sterile in the middle of the pitch, we need to play the ball quicker with more intent. Very poor finishing including Piroe who normally is better. A bad performance all round, but if we had taken our chances it would obviously have been a different game.

But our manager is happy with the performance...that really worries me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:31 - Dec 12 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 14:57 - Dec 12 by Flashberryjack

Happy might have a whole different meaning to Martin.
We were fantastic at Boro too.
This is simply BS on an epic scale and we should now be aware of this simple fact.
He know we were nothing of the kind,the players do so why the lying ,duplicious drivel
He insults our intelligence and it is frankly nauceating

It is going to take a truly horrific show to humiliate this clown once and for all.

He really should go BUT ,yeah,it's about the cost,I know but not only he is inept but IMO lying to us as he did not think anything of the kind IMO.If he did,then he is certifiable.

We are a decent club and good fans and we do not deserve this folks.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 17:35]

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 762 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:44 - Dec 11 by donkonky

Thing is lad we will win a few on the bounce and we will be happy with our lot then lose a couple and everyone is fuming again We’re not crap and we’re not world beaters. We are where we are, enjoy the wins and don’t get too down when we get stuffed .

Get used to life in the lower regions of the Championship you mean, celebrate the victories over the likes of Peterborough hope for the odd victory over a better team and just take it on the chin when decent teams stuff us on a regular basis so to speak, great that is that sorted then.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:53 - Dec 12 with 751 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:32 - Dec 12 by shingle

Get used to life in the lower regions of the Championship you mean, celebrate the victories over the likes of Peterborough hope for the odd victory over a better team and just take it on the chin when decent teams stuff us on a regular basis so to speak, great that is that sorted then.

It’s where we are at for now.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 19:08 - Dec 12 with 743 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 18:53 - Dec 12 by KeithHaynes

It’s where we are at for now.

I doubt we will improve to much under Martin just wait and see, hope i am wrong mind you.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 19:29 - Dec 12 with 728 viewsDr_Parnassus

We are on s poor run.

Just a quick point regarding the “young manager learning his trade” stuff which seems to be the popular saying at the moment.

No issue with anyone learning at all, changing what doesn’t work, finding a formula that does etc - no problem.

What is Martin learning here exactly? He isn’t correcting anything, he doesn’t seem analytical or critical over performances.

He’s happy with the performance yesterday, just not with the result. Fully expecting to set up against QPR in the same way as a result and deploy the same tactics.

So how is that learning?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024