Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS 11:53 - Dec 7 with 15146 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the knots of Forest, the cooper in a stupor with his knots in his hanky, a tatey potatey, no golf buggie but knots in his frowning. The wheel spins round it’s the battle of the managers who manage different teams, it’s time for the swans to rise, or Notts.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55143/when-steve-cooper-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56474/does-the-return-of
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56479
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56481
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56482

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:38 - Dec 11 with 1432 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Manning bottling out the tackle for me is unforgivable. Should never wear the shirt again and I mean that. Bring downes in for grimes aswell going forward this isn’t good enough.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:39 - Dec 11 with 1420 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Even free kicks in their half get passed backwards.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:31]

I think Grimes needs electrodes attached to his testicles. Every time he has space to move forward or pass forward but instead swivels and sends it 10 yards backwards, he should receive a few hundred volts . It’s the only way he’ll learn.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:40 - Dec 11 with 1406 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:38 - Dec 11 by 34dfgdf54

Ryan Manning bottling out the tackle for me is unforgivable. Should never wear the shirt again and I mean that. Bring downes in for grimes aswell going forward this isn’t good enough.

Manning has been a coward all his time here.

That said our captain is still passing the ball backwards and Walking around the field

Downes is wasted at CH and another player ruined by Martin

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:40 - Dec 11 with 1405 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:34 - Dec 11 by onehunglow

They are kidding themselves as they want to be seen as loyal fans.
Loyal fans should do all they can to see Russ walk away.

This is down to him

We need full backs . We play CHs thinking we can play pretty from the back.

It’s insulting

Don’t think he needs to walk away, but someone needs to have a sit down with him and tell him in no uncertain terms that these tactics are completely unacceptable.

He’s shown he can adapt and be successful. But this insistence to go back to what we already know doesn’t work is just ego, pure and simple.

73% possession. Home. 1 shot on target in 80 mins.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:41 - Dec 11 with 1394 viewsGeoffThom

Our problem today hace been forest pace especially out wide we can't compete with it
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:41 - Dec 11 with 1380 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:40 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t think he needs to walk away, but someone needs to have a sit down with him and tell him in no uncertain terms that these tactics are completely unacceptable.

He’s shown he can adapt and be successful. But this insistence to go back to what we already know doesn’t work is just ego, pure and simple.

When I say walk away I mean sacking but dint want to upset.
Martin won’t listen to anyone

He is and will take us only one way

Wake the dark up

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:42 - Dec 11 with 1384 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Not only frre kicks going backwards when 2 goals down, but every throw in as well.
Totally negative that we must build from the back.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:43 - Dec 11 with 1351 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:40 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s been pointed out before
Only goals stats matter

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:44 - Dec 11 with 1347 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:31 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

28% possession yet they have had more shots on goal, twice as many shots on target, more corners and 3x as many goals.

We've had 72% of the ball yet their goalkeeper has had to make one save.

It's abysmal. However, it's no different to much of the season. Why people not only accept this but actively defend it is beyond me.

We? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:45 - Dec 11 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:44 - Dec 11 by Fireboy2

We? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah we
You are as unhappy as Dwight and have the guts to reply to him without personal insults

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:48 - Dec 11 with 1317 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:36 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

This way of playing can’t continue, it’s completely illogical.

Nobody can defend this utter madness anymore surely? There has to be some recognition that possession and passing is only entertaining if it’s effective.

This isn’t effective… or entertaining. It’s painful.

I stand by my opinion that he plays this way knowingly as a means to boost his reputation in the football community, knowing that a reputation of playing "possession football " is often enough to open doors at higher levels.

It successfully saw him successfully leave MK Dons for a much better job despite an unremarkable spell there with very little success. However, I think this is a step too far. We're already a joke amongst opposition fans. Remember the Reading fans mocking us for the way we play a few weeks ago? They were of course, absolutely spot on.

This squad of players is capable of much better results, as well as playing in a more "exciting" manner.

97% short passes is unbelievable. Outsiders might think we're parodying the "total football" philosophy as some sort of Brass-Eye satirical sketch.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:49 - Dec 11 with 1303 viewsBadlands

Again the forwards have wasted chances and given the opposition the edge and yet again the defence (bonkers selections) will be left to carry the can. Wait for another trio combination next week.
Back three
Naughton … Cabango / Bennett … Bidwell.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:52 - Dec 11 with 1277 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:49 - Dec 11 by Badlands

Again the forwards have wasted chances and given the opposition the edge and yet again the defence (bonkers selections) will be left to carry the can. Wait for another trio combination next week.
Back three
Naughton … Cabango / Bennett … Bidwell.

Very little to do with the forwards.

We would have had to have scored 5 to win today. Completely unrealistic to expect that.

The blame is squarely on the tactical approach to the game, the same tactics we have seen 3 games on the bounce.

Lost them all, shock horror.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:53]

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:53 - Dec 11 with 1260 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:48 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I stand by my opinion that he plays this way knowingly as a means to boost his reputation in the football community, knowing that a reputation of playing "possession football " is often enough to open doors at higher levels.

It successfully saw him successfully leave MK Dons for a much better job despite an unremarkable spell there with very little success. However, I think this is a step too far. We're already a joke amongst opposition fans. Remember the Reading fans mocking us for the way we play a few weeks ago? They were of course, absolutely spot on.

This squad of players is capable of much better results, as well as playing in a more "exciting" manner.

97% short passes is unbelievable. Outsiders might think we're parodying the "total football" philosophy as some sort of Brass-Eye satirical sketch.

MK Dons fans accused him of that too. Was posted on here a few months back.

It really is hard to make a case against it.

1-4

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:54 - Dec 11 with 1228 viewsFireboy2

Atw we need to be playing 4 at the back until Martin gets the players he wants, the longer he continues to play 3 the more games we lose.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:55 - Dec 11 with 1214 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff equalise in injury time.

What a day.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:55 - Dec 11 with 1203 viewsNotLoyal

For me nows the time to show who we are.
The amount of chances missed today is criminal, and the defence has been appalling.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:56 - Dec 11 with 1190 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:52 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Very little to do with the forwards.

We would have had to have scored 5 to win today. Completely unrealistic to expect that.

The blame is squarely on the tactical approach to the game, the same tactics we have seen 3 games on the bounce.

Lost them all, shock horror.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:53]

Not totally tactics, Hamer has had an absolute shocker of a game.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:16]
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:57 - Dec 11 with 1179 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:36 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

This way of playing can’t continue, it’s completely illogical.

Nobody can defend this utter madness anymore surely? There has to be some recognition that possession and passing is only entertaining if it’s effective.

This isn’t effective… or entertaining. It’s painful.

I think the turning point funnily enough was the last time we won - at Barnsley. We were dire that night until late in the game when we roused ourselves to score 2 goals. In a way it was unfortunate that we beat a totally inept Barnsley playing that way, because it has been continued in the following 3 games up to today, against more competent opposition with the inevitable outcome - 3 defeats. We even had people defending the performance at Barnsley - ‘we showed patience and ground them down until we could finish them off’. Oh yeah.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 1171 viewsGeoffThom

Cabango is no full back and cooper knew it
PACE
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 1162 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:56 - Dec 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Not totally tactics, Hamer has had an absolute shocker of a game.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:16]

He has been poor for a while so why not try Benda and bin the ridiculous play it from the back from the keeper every time drivel

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 1125 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:41 - Dec 11 by GeoffThom

Our problem today hace been forest pace especially out wide we can't compete with it

& our poor finishing.

3 gilt edged chances missed.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:05 - Dec 11 with 1069 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:01 - Dec 11 by pencoedjack

& our poor finishing.

3 gilt edged chances missed.

Shouldnt a coach actually coach players to play better and be more efficient.
Passing is easier than scoring goals.
Passing can look pretty but it is essentially pretty meaningless in the long term.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:06 - Dec 11 with 1070 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Hate to say it but we got Coopered. End of. Never in a million years a 4-1 game but how many times did we find ourselves on the right side of those?

Not so much angry today about losing to an in form forest, more angry about our self destruction the last couple of games.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 17:08 - Dec 11 with 1034 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SAT TEAMS on 16:48 - Dec 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

so right.
He is using us,OUR club for his own ends.
Has to go.He' s been rumbled and let's have no lovely city ,club,fans,Gower crap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024