Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farke’s off 19:52 - Nov 6 with 7153 viewsMargam

Another conundrum for Swansea ?
Farke’s off on 20:23 - Nov 6 with 2934 viewsChief

The timescales are different but there's obvious parallels with Martin's relationship and history with Norwich with Martinez's at Wigan.

Surely too early for him to move on? Although I'd be amazed if Martin wasn't near the top of their wish list.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Farke’s off on 20:37 - Nov 6 with 2900 viewsSirjohnalot

Hopefully too early on. Norwich in free fall and another manager is likely to be sacked Bedford next of season
Farke’s off on 20:41 - Nov 6 with 2887 viewsKeithHaynes

Farke’s off on 20:23 - Nov 6 by Chief

The timescales are different but there's obvious parallels with Martin's relationship and history with Norwich with Martinez's at Wigan.

Surely too early for him to move on? Although I'd be amazed if Martin wasn't near the top of their wish list.

Very accurate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Farke’s off on 20:45 - Nov 6 with 2877 viewsChief

Farke’s off on 20:41 - Nov 6 by KeithHaynes

Very accurate.

That sounds ominous.

Iwan Roberts who's very close to Norwich said on Elis James's podcast this week that Delia is a big fan and they'd be very interested if / when Farke goes

Farke’s off on 20:48 - Nov 6 with 2860 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Farke’s off on 20:23 - Nov 6 by Chief

Martinez achieved success before he moved on.

What has Martin achieved? Absolutely nothing.

The comparisons end at both having links to the respective clubs being discussed.

Martin is an unproven quantity. All he has proven is that he can install a specific style of play. He hasn't proven he can achieve success with it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Farke’s off on 20:49 - Nov 6 with 2868 viewsSirjohnalot

Farke’s off on 20:48 - Nov 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The comparisons end at both having links to the respective clubs being discussed.

Martin is an unproven quantity. All he has proven is that he can install a specific style of play. He hasn't proven he can achieve success with it.

Mate of mine is a Norwich fan and he just said exactly the same thing.
Farke’s off on 20:57 - Nov 6 with 2838 viewsbuilthjack

Steve Bruce until the end of the season perhaps

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Farke’s off on 21:06 - Nov 6 with 2815 viewsonehunglow

Farke’s off on 20:48 - Nov 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So now Russ a putative premier league manager.Luaghable.
Anyway,he has a long term plan with us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Farke’s off on 21:09 - Nov 6 with 2816 viewsKeithHaynes

Farke’s off on 21:06 - Nov 6 by onehunglow

So now Russ a putative premier league manager.Luaghable.
Anyway,he has a long term plan with us

This week he doesn’t , last week he did.

Farke’s off on 21:16 - Nov 6 with 2770 viewsonehunglow

Farke’s off on 21:09 - Nov 6 by KeithHaynes

This week he doesn’t , last week he did.

Clearly the best avenue for burning hell is to criticise Russ.
I do not remember a manager so loved without having won owt at all.
Plain weird.

Farke’s off on 21:51 - Nov 6 with 2722 viewsOptimisticJack

Farke’s off on 21:16 - Nov 6 by onehunglow

Plain weird.

Russell Martin has only been with us 2 or 3 months.
How can he have won something.
Your posts are so tiresome.
Do you go to any of our matches by any chance?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 21:57]

Optimisticjack

Farke’s off on 11:36 - Nov 7 with 2405 viewsKeithHaynes

Plain weird.

He’s won a load of football matches.
He’s not loved, just very good for our club.
For those that see it.

Farke’s off on 13:20 - Nov 7 with 2321 viewsOptimisticJack

Farke’s off on 11:36 - Nov 7 by KeithHaynes

He’s won a load of football matches.
He’s not loved, just very good for our club.
For those that see it.

I love him that's for sure.
Gutted last night to see Russell Martin 2nd favourite for the Norwich job.
I felt like an insecure teenager constantly being jilted by my girl friends.
Hopefully Norwich are looking short term and someone who could do the impossible and keep them up as opposed to a longer term project which Russell Martin would be.

Optimisticjack

Farke’s off on 13:31 - Nov 7 with 2296 viewsonehunglow

Farke’s off on 21:51 - Nov 6 by OptimisticJack

So you proved my point .
Have a look

Farke’s off on 13:57 - Nov 7 with 2273 viewstheloneranger

Plain weird.

"I do not remember a manager so loved without having won owt" ...

Harry Griffiths??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Farke’s off (n/t) on 13:59 - Nov 7 with 2265 viewsjack90

Farke’s off on 20:45 - Nov 6 by Chief

That sounds ominous.

Iwan Roberts who's very close to Norwich said on Elis James's podcast this week that Delia is a big fan and they'd be very interested if / when Farke goes

Farke’s off on 14:02 - Nov 7 with 2264 viewsjasper_T

Farke’s off on 21:51 - Nov 6 by OptimisticJack

Did he win anything at MK Dons?
Farke’s off on 14:19 - Nov 7 with 2244 viewsmagicdaps10

I think Norwich will want someone to come in and keep them in the Premier league, if they were virtually down then I am sure Martin might be off.

Saying all that, anything Is possible in football.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Farke’s off on 14:30 - Nov 7 with 2239 viewsOptimisticJack

Farke’s off on 13:31 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

So you proved my point .
Have a look

If we don't win anything this year I won't be overly concerned, provided we continue to entertain and make a significant improvement to our style of play.
One step at a time and no doubt we will continue to have set backs like yesterday.
I like so many are enjoying being entertained once again. We've been spoilt with it in the past 15 to 20 years.
Exciting times.

Optimisticjack

Farke’s off on 14:49 - Nov 7 with 2220 viewsTreforys_Jack

Farke’s off on 14:30 - Nov 7 by OptimisticJack

If we don't win anything this year I won't be overly concerned, provided we continue to entertain and make a significant improvement to our style of play.
One step at a time and no doubt we will continue to have set backs like yesterday.
I like so many are enjoying being entertained once again. We've been spoilt with it in the past 15 to 20 years.
Exciting times.

Nice post optimistic 👍
Farke’s off on 15:28 - Nov 7 with 2186 viewsReslovenSwan1

Double posted sorry.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 16:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Farke’s off on 15:32 - Nov 7 with 2182 viewsReslovenSwan1

The forum in general do not understand verbal understandings. Martin is not going anywhere and this week again reiterated his wish to 'stay many years at Swansea'. He has played at the Liberty in the golden years and saw 'Jenkinista football ' from Scotland, Bodde Borini Allen and Sinclair to Hernandez Michu and De Guzman. It helped form his own football philosophy before Guardiola even came to Manchester. It is a natural marriage.

Cooper would make excuses admittedly often after a win. "We wanted to play the way we play but we could not due to the press / the weather / the pitch" etc. Martin plays the way the club want to play irrespective of external factors and this can result in defeats. (not that Cooper did any better away at Bournemouth)

Swansea wanted to re establish the 'Jenkinista' way of playing which Jenkins himself started with the appointment of Potter.

When Martin was interviewed it was explained to him this was a 3 season project. The club accepted the squad was not suited to Martinball and therefore he would need to be given time to reshaped the squad keeping the players suitable and moving on those s too slow of mind and feet out of the club.

The flip side of the patience the club guaranteed to give Martin was the understanding that during this period the club would not expect martin to up an leave at the point the club started to see the benefits. (an exception would be made for any Champions league club as opportunities for Brits to manager these clubs do not occur very often). Norwich city and Brighton forget it,

Potter has a similar agreement but had a opt out once the fans representatives turned on Jenkins and pressured the US owners to remove him. He walked in the absence of support in the boardroom and on the terraces. Potter gentlemen's agreement was at that point no longer valid. He actually apologised to Swansea fans for leaving. It is my opinion that he would not have left if Jenkins was in post.

I suspect martin has a gentleman's agreement and will not walk. He has not even proved to himself that his methods work in the long term. Brendan got promotion by the skin of his teeth via the play offs. If Martin can get Swansea to the premier league playing a possession based games big money is guaranteed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Farke’s off on 16:02 - Nov 7 with 2153 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Farke’s off on 15:28 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Double posted sorry.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 16:30]

I suspect this is another subtle troll but I'll reply as there are plenty of others who actually hold the genuine beliefs that you're conveying.

Here is a quote from Russell Martin on 30th July 2021 when asked about the vacant Swansea City position:

"I plan to be here (MK Dons) for a long time".

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/boss-martin-reassures-mk-dons-fans

Here is a photo of Russell Martin two days later.

Yet so many here are happy enough to buy into the verbal diarrhoea he continues to spout, apparently because we have returned to a style of play that is easier on the eye, albeit currently, less successful in terms of results.

I say this frequently, but Swansea City supporters, as a whole, are the most gullible and simple minded football supporters I know of. It really is bemusing.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 16:03]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Farke’s off on 16:04 - Nov 7 with 2147 viewsChief

Farke’s off on 15:32 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The forum in general do not understand verbal understandings. Martin is not going anywhere and this week again reiterated his wish to 'stay many years at Swansea'. He has played at the Liberty in the golden years and saw 'Jenkinista football ' from Scotland, Bodde Borini Allen and Sinclair to Hernandez Michu and De Guzman. It helped form his own football philosophy before Guardiola even came to Manchester. It is a natural marriage.

Cooper would make excuses admittedly often after a win. "We wanted to play the way we play but we could not due to the press / the weather / the pitch" etc. Martin plays the way the club want to play irrespective of external factors and this can result in defeats. (not that Cooper did any better away at Bournemouth)

Swansea wanted to re establish the 'Jenkinista' way of playing which Jenkins himself started with the appointment of Potter.

When Martin was interviewed it was explained to him this was a 3 season project. The club accepted the squad was not suited to Martinball and therefore he would need to be given time to reshaped the squad keeping the players suitable and moving on those s too slow of mind and feet out of the club.

The flip side of the patience the club guaranteed to give Martin was the understanding that during this period the club would not expect martin to up an leave at the point the club started to see the benefits. (an exception would be made for any Champions league club as opportunities for Brits to manager these clubs do not occur very often). Norwich city and Brighton forget it,

Potter has a similar agreement but had a opt out once the fans representatives turned on Jenkins and pressured the US owners to remove him. He walked in the absence of support in the boardroom and on the terraces. Potter gentlemen's agreement was at that point no longer valid. He actually apologised to Swansea fans for leaving. It is my opinion that he would not have left if Jenkins was in post.

I suspect martin has a gentleman's agreement and will not walk. He has not even proved to himself that his methods work in the long term. Brendan got promotion by the skin of his teeth via the play offs. If Martin can get Swansea to the premier league playing a possession based games big money is guaranteed.

Did Roberto Martinez 'in general understand verbal understandings'?

Farke’s off on 16:28 - Nov 7 with 2117 viewsjack90

After reading some of the posts on their forums Don’t think RM Popularity at Norwich is that good TBH .
Would doubt very much they will take a punt on him too many think he stabbed previous Manager in the back .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024