Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 33247 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 09:26 - Dec 18 with 1568 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 08:16 - Dec 18 by judd

But surely the additional costs are only a proportion of the significant increase in income?

There is not one extra copper for each fan, for example.

As RAFCBLUE also points out, is none of the TV revenue being earmarked to cover additional costs? Additional costs being funded solely by the cash cow fan?

The question earlier regarding police costs only if they are inside the ground - is the fact that the police will be in the ground a legacy of the Bradford debacle, for which the club has no case to answer?

Just how many police are required?

All good questions.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 09:31 - Dec 18 with 1547 viewsD_Alien

Surely the biggest own goal in all of this is the loss of income from selling only 3200 tickets for a stand with a capacity several hundred more

How many part-filled seating areas do you see elsewhere in the EFL? Are we uniquely incompetent in this respect? Plus, of course, the broken/unused seats elsewhere

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 1547 viewsJimmyRustler

At a time where the disconnect between the board and fans is seemingly as large as it ever has been, this is a spectacular own goal.

The category pricing is a load of bollocks. But principally, it only applies to league games and there was absolutely nothing forcing the board to categorise a one off game of this nature (except £).

As I've said before, everything now just feels like a money making exercise designed to squeeze every last penny from the supporters.

If money really is that tight, this would have been known at the beginning of the season and subsequent changes would have been much easier to swallow with a little bit of communication. You can absolutely guarantee that if Dunphy was still in charge and needed to generate extta revenue (quite possible if he'd stayed on), he would have made it clear to supporters so as not to alienate the fanbase.

Maybe its simply down to nativity on the part of the new board but to just spring surprise after surprise onto loyal, unsuspecting fans without any explanation really wrankles. Team Rochdale is truly dead in the water
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 13:07]
Newcastle tickets on 09:33 - Dec 18 with 1535 viewsNerazzurri

Newcastle tickets on 09:31 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Surely the biggest own goal in all of this is the loss of income from selling only 3200 tickets for a stand with a capacity several hundred more

How many part-filled seating areas do you see elsewhere in the EFL? Are we uniquely incompetent in this respect? Plus, of course, the broken/unused seats elsewhere

I would assume that will be due to a couple of TV cameras taking out a few seats.

Forza Nerazzurri

Newcastle tickets on 09:35 - Dec 18 with 1517 viewsDaleiLama

Newcastle tickets on 09:32 - Dec 18 by JimmyRustler

At a time where the disconnect between the board and fans is seemingly as large as it ever has been, this is a spectacular own goal.

The category pricing is a load of bollocks. But principally, it only applies to league games and there was absolutely nothing forcing the board to categorise a one off game of this nature (except £).

As I've said before, everything now just feels like a money making exercise designed to squeeze every last penny from the supporters.

If money really is that tight, this would have been known at the beginning of the season and subsequent changes would have been much easier to swallow with a little bit of communication. You can absolutely guarantee that if Dunphy was still in charge and needed to generate extta revenue (quite possible if he'd stayed on), he would have made it clear to supporters so as not to alienate the fanbase.

Maybe its simply down to nativity on the part of the new board but to just spring surprise after surprise onto loyal, unsuspecting fans without any explanation really wrankles. Team Rochdale is truly dead in the water
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 13:07]

Quality "autocorrect" in your last para Jimmy - please don't change it. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.

Nevertheless I still bought 2 tickets.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newcastle tickets on 09:38 - Dec 18 with 1499 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 09:35 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

Quality "autocorrect" in your last para Jimmy - please don't change it. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.

Your last line is exactly why this is such a disgrace. They know we will all buy tickets as we'd never miss the game and it's these fans the club are taking advantage of.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 1481 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 09:33 - Dec 18 by Nerazzurri

I would assume that will be due to a couple of TV cameras taking out a few seats.

Several hundred?

Newcastle tickets on 09:42 - Dec 18 with 1478 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 09:35 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

Not reserved seating, I take it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 09:43 - Dec 18 with 1472 viewsdawlishdale

Newcastle tickets on 09:16 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

It seems like there is now a Category A Team Rochdale (the have nots) and a Category B Team Rochdale (the "have carriages - will travel" brigade who are running the club). There is a much bigger gap than £5 between the two in so many ways. The free coach travel to Boston was a great way to start to bridge that gap. That was subsequently demolished by this pricing strategy, and the risk is the two become permanently disconnected by continuing in this vein on an on-going basis (as the Twitter thread suggests). Shame.

As an aside, despite the pricing, I was hoping to buy a couple of tickets and the option to choose seats is greyed out on line. Even Dick Turpin made sure his powder remained dry!

There are three of us who sit in the Main Stand and have done for a long time.
We are all season ticket holders of long standing.

One of us isn't going to the Newcastle game due to the pricing. The other two are seriously thinking about not going. It's not that we can't afford it...we just think the pricing is so wrong that we have to make a point. In the past, we've enjoyed corporate hospitality for cup games, but this time, the pricing is an insult.

This is unthinkable. It would never have happened in the past under previous CEO's. We would have been in the queue this morning to snap tickets up and would have spent Xmas looking forward to the big day.

For next season, two of us are not renewing season tickets...the third probably not. Again, it's not that we don't think the season tickets aren't excellent value...it's more that we feel unwanted and unappreciated by the club.

We have all stopped buying Golden Gamble tickets, stopped going in the bar pre and post match and have stopped going to most away games.Two have stopped doing the Gold Bond, and the third can't understand the new over-complicated draw, so will stop soon. He is a friend of one of the agents, who tells him that they too feel unwanted by the club.

I know the Board (CEO) reads this messageboard avidly, and I know they get upset by criticism aimed at many of his ideas. I really hope that he (and perhaps one or two other Board members...will finally begin to realise that they are actually undoing 30 plus years of goodwill and trust brought about be being approachable and listening to what the supporters want and can afford. Funnily enough...these are the exact values that kept him returning as a fan when he lived in the South.

This money grabbing machine that we have become very recently will kill us as a club. we must cherish our existing customers...not repeatedly treat them as ATM's.
Newcastle tickets on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 1458 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 09:40 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Several hundred?

Big cameras they use now...like 600 seats worth big
Newcastle tickets on 09:47 - Dec 18 with 1453 viewsDaleiLama

Newcastle tickets on 09:42 - Dec 18 by judd

Not reserved seating, I take it?

Not sure - didn't ask tbh - bought mine and one the other side of a guy who has an ST next to mine which is normally empty on game days as it's a single - we do a bit of musical chairs when I buy that one.

Newcastle tickets on 09:50 - Dec 18 with 1435 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 09:43 - Dec 18 by dawlishdale

One of us isn't going to the Newcastle game due to the pricing. The other two are seriously thinking about not going. It's not that we can't afford it...we just think the pricing is so wrong that we have to make a point. In the past, we've enjoyed corporate hospitality for cup games, but this time, the pricing is an insult.

This is unthinkable. It would never have happened in the past under previous CEO's. We would have been in the queue this morning to snap tickets up and would have spent Xmas looking forward to the big day.

For next season, two of us are not renewing season tickets...the third probably not. Again, it's not that we don't think the season tickets aren't excellent value...it's more that we feel unwanted and unappreciated by the club.

We have all stopped buying Golden Gamble tickets, stopped going in the bar pre and post match and have stopped going to most away games.Two have stopped doing the Gold Bond, and the third can't understand the new over-complicated draw, so will stop soon. He is a friend of one of the agents, who tells him that they too feel unwanted by the club.

I know the Board (CEO) reads this messageboard avidly, and I know they get upset by criticism aimed at many of his ideas. I really hope that he (and perhaps one or two other Board members...will finally begin to realise that they are actually undoing 30 plus years of goodwill and trust brought about be being approachable and listening to what the supporters want and can afford. Funnily enough...these are the exact values that kept him returning as a fan when he lived in the South.

This money grabbing machine that we have become very recently will kill us as a club. we must cherish our existing customers...not repeatedly treat them as ATM's.

Absolutely spot on, I can well afford the increase in price too,the fact I won't be attending is a totally different matter though. When you think they can't annoy folk further,they somehow manage to stoop even lower, DB could fook up a one piece jigsaw bless him.
Newcastle tickets on 09:52 - Dec 18 with 1423 viewsDaleiLama

Newcastle tickets on 09:43 - Dec 18 by dawlishdale

Bl00dy Hell. I would describe myself as a man of principle but as Sweetcorn said up the page, they know a lot will stump up regardless.

Your post should be e-mailed to the club, however. And raised as a question by the Trust at the Fan's forum. What is the club doing to reverse the trend of fans who no longer feel part of the club. Professional and Corporate do not exclude inclusivity. No fan of a family L1 club should ever feel like this. And this undermines EVERY initiative to recruit new fans at schools. Shocking and depressing in equal measure. Thanks for posting Dawlish.

Newcastle tickets on 09:52 - Dec 18 with 1422 viewsKenBoon

At these prices I doubt we'll sell out the home ends. It wouldn't surprise me if we pull another Sunderland and split the Pearl Street again. I understand how businesses charge as much as they can get away with, but that usually involves demand surpassing supply. I feel the club have got this way wrong. Sadly mugs like me will still pay, which they obviously know.

If - as someone suggested - we need to price at this level because we're broke, then there is zero future viability for this club. I understand Manc City really hurt our floating support, but focus should have been on building a support base that would provide long term security as opposed to a youth system that's success comes down to player sales.

These ticket prices and other decisions are made as a group by the board. Right now I think they're doing a crap job.
Newcastle tickets on 10:00 - Dec 18 with 1375 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 09:52 - Dec 18 by KenBoon

At these prices I doubt we'll sell out the home ends. It wouldn't surprise me if we pull another Sunderland and split the Pearl Street again. I understand how businesses charge as much as they can get away with, but that usually involves demand surpassing supply. I feel the club have got this way wrong. Sadly mugs like me will still pay, which they obviously know.

If - as someone suggested - we need to price at this level because we're broke, then there is zero future viability for this club. I understand Manc City really hurt our floating support, but focus should have been on building a support base that would provide long term security as opposed to a youth system that's success comes down to player sales.

These ticket prices and other decisions are made as a group by the board. Right now I think they're doing a crap job.

It's an interesting thought that there is a feeling that the home allocation will not sell out at these prices so more can be offered to the Geordie hordes who will snap tickets up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 10:06 - Dec 18 with 1346 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 10:00 - Dec 18 by judd

It's an interesting thought that there is a feeling that the home allocation will not sell out at these prices so more can be offered to the Geordie hordes who will snap tickets up.

While it's obvious the only intent is to rinse as much money as possible out of folk,why not go the whole way and chuck the home support either out of the Sandy or the Pearl St and give the stand to Newcastle,make a load of money and suitably piss everyone off to perfection in one swoop,double jackpot
Newcastle tickets on 10:08 - Dec 18 with 1332 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 09:52 - Dec 18 by KenBoon

The youth system is something to he proud of, and shouldn't be brought into this equation

The club know how simple it would've been to get this right, It's sheer marketing incompetence, and i guess we shouldn't be surprised

Bottomley, you've made your bed, let's see how you like lying in it

[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 10:09]

Newcastle tickets on 10:18 - Dec 18 with 1299 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 09:31 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

In some games in the past they have had a whole block unused and covered in black meshing for segregation (I think) - not quite sure why as there is a metal fence around the edge of the stand. Cant see it being unreserved seating? Surely Newcastle fans are used to reserved seating every away game in the Prem?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 10:20 - Dec 18 with 1295 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 10:08 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

The youth system is something to he proud of, and shouldn't be brought into this equation

The club know how simple it would've been to get this right, It's sheer marketing incompetence, and i guess we shouldn't be surprised

I think the point is valid though. If selling young stars coming through our excellent youth system is the only reason we are able to survive, how long will it be until we suffer a fallow year or two and the club is quickly on the verge of extinction?

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 10:21 - Dec 18 with 1288 viewsKenBoon

Newcastle tickets on 10:08 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

It is something to be proud of, but it needs to make money. If it isn't turning a profit then we cannot afford it. That said we appear to be spending naff all on players right now so it's earning money by saving us money in the wage department.
Newcastle tickets on 10:27 - Dec 18 with 1252 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 10:20 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

I think the point is valid though. If selling young stars coming through our excellent youth system is the only reason we are able to survive, how long will it be until we suffer a fallow year or two and the club is quickly on the verge of extinction?

Its valid in its own context, true

But its not either/or, as kb seemed to be suggesting; we need both - a working youth system & keeping fans onside. The latter is much simpler than the former

[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 10:36]

Newcastle tickets on 10:28 - Dec 18 with 1243 viewstony_roch975

Is the issue of affordability of football unique to this match - I can hear an argument for the club subsidising poverty by lowering prices but then we'd likely go out of business. Equally many folk will have been to venues like Manchester Arena for a couple of hrs entertainment (no cracks about Dale's current entertainment value please) and paid much more - it's more than comparable with local theatre / arts centres pricing. Surely, those of you reasonably arguing to avoid pricing fans out of football need to propose means-tested pricing or Govt subsidy - surely the Peoples Govt would commit to that!
Got my ticket. Up the Dale!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 10:48]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Newcastle tickets on 10:44 - Dec 18 with 1141 viewstodmordendale

Got my ticket for the Newcastle game. I was offered my usual seat. No problem.
Hopefully, it will turn out to be an FA Cup game to remember, with all the excitement of what the cup is all about.
The smallest pub teams have been trudging this path for the past 6 months. Teams dream of this, drawing a "big" team in the oldest club competition in the world.
And what we see on here is tight fisted, over critical and dismissive comment.
I will be supporting my team... Up the Dale.
Newcastle tickets on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 1132 viewsdingdangblue

Can anyone explain why the Bolton game is Cat A and not Cat B? Wont there be extra police needed that day?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 1117 viewsNigeriamark

Newcastle tickets on 09:46 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

Big cameras they use now...like 600 seats worth big

although your response may be a bit tongue in cheek, I would imagine H&S will be the reason it is down to 3,200 and nothing to do with an own goal. Someone will have measured that if a camera fell, how many potential seats it could bounce into in all directions + 10 % & they will have been blocked as well as the seats taken up by the cameras themselves. So I would imagine the final number of 3,200 has been designated to the management not by them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024