Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32977 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 21:12 - Dec 17 with 2552 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 19:39 - Dec 17 by Rochdale_ger

Wasn’t trying to be clever or antagonistic. Was genuinely asking. Just asked one of my best mates if he wants a ticket picking up as I’m up near the ground tomorrow. He said he couldn’t justify spending that much money after Christmas and NYE. He’s got a couple of kids and and runs an household and already has BT. Genuinely surprised though as he’s a diehard. So there is one not going.

Not that I'm a die hard nowadays but they can whistle if they think I'm laying out £22 to stand up either, I can remotely see the idea behind it but as others have pointed out it's a horrendous time of year for everyone too cost wise,especially after the what seems like years of negative shite on the pitch.
I like the joined up thinking, we can't sell a product as it is at a cheaper price so let's increase the price instead making it much more attractive.

Bottomley and co you can sit and count the money safe in the knowledge not a pound of mine will pass through them greedy short sighted fingers of yours, you'll be cutting the cloth that small soon they'll be no fooker left to watch the team anyway.
Newcastle tickets on 21:16 - Dec 17 with 2524 viewsEllDale

Forty or so years ago we could only dream of playing fixtures like this one.
I’m not the richest but I’ll willingly pay a premium to see my team against Premiership opposition.
Newcastle tickets on 21:20 - Dec 17 with 2502 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 20:59 - Dec 17 by Ancoats_Blue

I wasn’t expecting this to be cheaper than a league pay on the day. Was anyone else? Rounds 1 & 2 against unattractive opposition yeah but a premier league side at home, no.
I completely forgot about the A/B pricing structure but it’s obvious the club will price this game as the pricier band if they’ve set a precedent with league games.
Also what’s with people moaning about cost after Christmas? The game was always in January.
I’d naturally welcome a cheaper ticket but I don’t really understand the grief the club are getting for this.

I get all that, and it's really not a case (as some suggest) of people giving the club grief just for the sake of it

It's about the fanbase being seen not as fans but as something to be manipulated according to marketing ploys. In fact, it's the whole idea of category A/B games at L1 level in the first place

It leaves a bad taste, and is that something that anyone involved in "marketing a product" seeks to do? That's why i've said the board are idiots - not for the sake of putting the boot in but because it's a rubbish policy and the fact they can't see that just makes it worse

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 21:22 - Dec 17 with 2501 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 21:16 - Dec 17 by EllDale

I’m not the richest but I’ll willingly pay a premium to see my team against Premiership opposition.

We've played several Premiership teams very recently,the novelty wears off,if the game was away you'd expect to pay a premium not at home mind.
Newcastle tickets on 21:24 - Dec 17 with 2482 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 21:22 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

We've played several Premiership teams very recently,the novelty wears off,if the game was away you'd expect to pay a premium not at home mind.

Yeah,.like we did at Wembley.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 21:28 - Dec 17 with 2451 views442Dale

The replies to this tweet give an insight into how our club is being viewed by other football supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 21:33 - Dec 17 with 2426 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 21:28 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

The replies to this tweet give an insight into how our club is being viewed by other football supporters.

"Just pure greed" is a description on there that screams volumes.

Maybe we need to be because we're up shit creek?

I would be interested to know how many Dale fans have bought the delicious breakfast package.

Newcastle tickets on 21:55 - Dec 17 with 2344 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 21:33 - Dec 17 by judd

"Just pure greed" is a description on there that screams volumes.

Maybe we need to be because we're up shit creek?

I would be interested to know how many Dale fans have bought the delicious breakfast package.

Nearly every single reply is slagging the club off for being greedy and robbing fans, we charged Boston £15 and Newcastle nearly double for playing in the same cup at the same ground,yet another brilliant bit of PR from all concerned
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 22:01 - Dec 17 with 2317 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 21:55 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

Nearly every single reply is slagging the club off for being greedy and robbing fans, we charged Boston £15 and Newcastle nearly double for playing in the same cup at the same ground,yet another brilliant bit of PR from all concerned

I still think they'll sell out the Newcastle allocation.

But I have to admit that I never , ever expected to read that sort of response to our family club.

Newcastle tickets on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 2260 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 22:01 - Dec 17 by judd

I still think they'll sell out the Newcastle allocation.

But I have to admit that I never , ever expected to read that sort of response to our family club.

They probably will quite easily but guessing a fair few will go to just to keep their "points" up for future away games.

That sort of fan oriented family club type of thinking was tossed out of the window some time ago,it's now very much the norm.
Newcastle tickets on 22:34 - Dec 17 with 2135 viewsdingdangblue

What a difference a few years and a new chairman make...

https://www.chatsports.com/tottenham-hotspur/a/source/rochdale-v-spurs-ticket-ne

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 23:16 - Dec 17 with 2020 viewsRochdale_ger

Newcastle tickets on 22:34 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

What a difference a few years and a new chairman make...

https://www.chatsports.com/tottenham-hotspur/a/source/rochdale-v-spurs-ticket-ne

Is five pounds extra going to break the bank?
Newcastle tickets on 05:52 - Dec 18 with 1728 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Newcastle tickets on 21:16 - Dec 17 by EllDale

It wouldn't have had much glamour back then, Newcastle were a drab 2nd Division club.
Newcastle tickets on 06:22 - Dec 18 with 1710 viewsdale1968

Sadly a full house away following means extra Police & Stewarding costs.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Newcastle tickets on 06:39 - Dec 18 with 1675 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 06:22 - Dec 18 by dale1968

Sadly a full house away following means extra Police & Stewarding costs.

And I believe that’s why the club have decided to charge the game the way they have.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 06:54 - Dec 18 with 1661 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

It used to be the case that clubs were only charged if Police had to enter the stadium, do clubs now pay for all policing costs around the stadium (outside) as well?
Newcastle tickets on 07:25 - Dec 18 with 1601 viewsRAFCBLUE

Newcastle tickets on 06:39 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

And I believe that’s why the club have decided to charge the game the way they have.

Then shouldn’t they explicitly say that is their rationale?

And doesn’t that mean they are pocketing the TV money subsidy (I.e passing on all of the additional policing and stewarding costs, rather than use some/all of that subsidy to absorb some/all of the additional fixture costs)?

Sadly, the current RAFC Board is now seen as profiteering in many spaces which is degrading and destroying goodwill/relationships in exchange for short term profit.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Newcastle tickets on 07:26 - Dec 18 with 1598 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 16:27 - Dec 17 by KenBoon

I may be wrong but Isn't there supposed to be an 'early bird' discount for buying before the day of the match? It's nice of them to confirm no booking fees.

'Please note, however, that for Category B games, there is no price difference between advance ticket prices and matchday ticket prices.'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Newcastle tickets on 07:39 - Dec 18 with 1574 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 06:39 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

Wouldn't the extra fans at normal prices cover the extra police? Charging 3200 Newcastle fans (I know they all wont pay that but for arguments sake) £27 instead of £22 brings in £16000 more. It's hardly a monumental amount especially when BT are paying us £144,000 to televise the game.

Newcastle tickets on 07:54 - Dec 18 with 1539 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 07:39 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Wouldn't the extra fans at normal prices cover the extra police? Charging 3200 Newcastle fans (I know they all wont pay that but for arguments sake) £27 instead of £22 brings in £16000 more. It's hardly a monumental amount especially when BT are paying us £144,000 to televise the game.

Hey, again, I didn’t say I agreed with it. I just heard that the police costs were a consideration in the pricing. I haven’t heard that from DB or Frances either, so I’m taking it with a degree of caution.

That said, I know police costs have been a factor in pricing before.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 08:16 - Dec 18 with 1494 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 07:54 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

Hey, again, I didn’t say I agreed with it. I just heard that the police costs were a consideration in the pricing. I haven’t heard that from DB or Frances either, so I’m taking it with a degree of caution.

But surely the additional costs are only a proportion of the significant increase in income?

There is not one extra copper for each fan, for example.

As RAFCBLUE also points out, is none of the TV revenue being earmarked to cover additional costs? Additional costs being funded solely by the cash cow fan?

The question earlier regarding police costs only if they are inside the ground - is the fact that the police will be in the ground a legacy of the Bradford debacle, for which the club has no case to answer?

Just how many police are required?

Newcastle tickets on 08:18 - Dec 18 with 1483 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 07:54 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

At the end of the day the club know they have the fans over a barrel - Newcastle Utd at home in the FA Cup is a licence to print money in their eyes and they will try and milk every last drop out of it. I'll just get a match ticket and thats it - I dont spend any extra on match day's anymore.

Newcastle tickets on 08:58 - Dec 18 with 1404 viewsMass_Debater

Newcastle tickets on 23:16 - Dec 17 by Rochdale_ger

Is five pounds extra going to break the bank?

It obviously is for your mate who you mentioned earlier.
Newcastle tickets on 09:08 - Dec 18 with 1380 viewsdale1968

From The Mag..

There were 3,200 tickets went on sale at 4pm yesterday (to season ticket holders with 20 loyalty points) and now 16 hours later at 8am on Wednesday, there are only 1,404 tickets left, as per the official NUFC ticketing site. The remaining ones will go very quickly.

Will be sold out by Weekend at that rate...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Newcastle tickets on 09:16 - Dec 18 with 1357 viewsDaleiLama

It seems like there is now a Category A Team Rochdale (the have nots) and a Category B Team Rochdale (the "have carriages - will travel" brigade who are running the club). There is a much bigger gap than £5 between the two in so many ways. The free coach travel to Boston was a great way to start to bridge that gap. That was subsequently demolished by this pricing strategy, and the risk is the two become permanently disconnected by continuing in this vein on an on-going basis (as the Twitter thread suggests). Shame.

As an aside, despite the pricing, I was hoping to buy a couple of tickets and the option to choose seats is greyed out on line. Even Dick Turpin made sure his powder remained dry!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024