Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 33254 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 19:52 - Dec 18 with 1741 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 16:58 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

the corner shop, as the name says, is on your corner ie our Dale; you go to the Etihad & support someone else's team if you want, I want to support the team where I live. Glad you're ok with corner shops going bust, I want my corner shop and my team. I thought it was only the southern elite who believe in corporate, multi-national over local!

No i believe whilst living a very fast paced life in value for money not to mention ease, admittedly when I do my shopping online its a bit of a shitter having to actually answer the door while they drop my shopping off,maybe they'll improve that aspect still.

Its probably closer to travel to the Etihad for me to be honest and while it will cost me £37 to take me and my daughter to Spotland compared with £17 or whatever it is to watch the reigning Premier league champions,it's a tough call I admit.

If you're happy chucking your brass towards paying a big salary to some incompetent clown calling all the shots at Spotland, then all the very best to you, none of us are tied to any specific football club and when they make it pretty obvious you're not remotely valued as a customer it's then my choice as it is with everyone else to shop/spend where I like. Cheers
Newcastle tickets on 20:13 - Dec 18 with 1686 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 19:52 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

No i believe whilst living a very fast paced life in value for money not to mention ease, admittedly when I do my shopping online its a bit of a shitter having to actually answer the door while they drop my shopping off,maybe they'll improve that aspect still.

Its probably closer to travel to the Etihad for me to be honest and while it will cost me £37 to take me and my daughter to Spotland compared with £17 or whatever it is to watch the reigning Premier league champions,it's a tough call I admit.

If you're happy chucking your brass towards paying a big salary to some incompetent clown calling all the shots at Spotland, then all the very best to you, none of us are tied to any specific football club and when they make it pretty obvious you're not remotely valued as a customer it's then my choice as it is with everyone else to shop/spend where I like. Cheers

For all those claiming it’s proper cheap to watch city, their game kicks off late afternoon , so you can go to both. And yes we are customers, but it’s not a perfect market, it’s not like swapping your brand of beans, there is a huge emotional attachment to watching football for most people. I met a Bury fan on Saturday , and after taking the piss for a bit, I asked him why he doesn’t come down to the Dale. He said he cannot get enthused by watching any other team, I’m the same, I love watching football, but it’s only Dale that I would travel the country to watch live

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 20:21 - Dec 18 with 1662 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 18:56 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Would you go to see a musical for £70 every fortnight though? And then go to other cities in the country to watch one on the alternate weekends?

In terms of a football match being worth exactly what someone will pay for it, it's hard to disagree. But at the same time it doesn't make the pricing right. In this country we have a weird attitude towards protests and boycotts. Apart from in extreme situations like at Blackpool for example, supporters are seen as 'not real fans' if they decide to take a stand against rising prices by voting with their feet and as such, it's rare that there will be enough of an uptake in a boycott or a protest that will force a re-think from those who price the tickets.

In Italy, mass boycotts helped keep the ticket prices at a fairly reasonable level in the early 00s. The league inevitably suffered somewhat from that in competing with the PL and La Liga for a while, but is now making something of a comeback given that ticket pricing is becoming less important as a means of income at the top level. Whilst people still buy tickets, the prices can continue to be whatever those in charge set them at. Why change them for the sake of a few that can no longer afford it? They don't care one jot about that loss of a handful of loyal customers if they're making their money back on raising prices for those of us who will still pay it - especially games like this one where we don't want to miss a chance to see our team create a bit of history.

I think most people are in the same boat as me here - we know we're mugs, and we know we could make a difference if we had the organisation and the support to stage a boycott - but we'll pay our money anyway and when we're sat in our seat come 12.31pm on January 4th we won't be thinking about the irritation of rising ticket prices anymore.

When you've organised boycotts against overpriced electric, gas, water, petrol etc I'll join the one on Dale's pricing - Dale's pricing isn't an example of corporate greed!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Newcastle tickets on 20:27 - Dec 18 with 1638 views442Dale

There’s no comparison whatsoever between other businesses and football clubs. The attitude by clubs across the board towards supporters has changed and it is not for the better.

Until we, as supporters, put aside our own personal views on how we are impacted and look at the whole situation and recognise that the only ones to lose out in the long run will be the clubs and the loyal people who want the best for them, then it’s only heading one way.

Newcastle tickets on 20:32 - Dec 18 with 1625 viewstony_roch975

Why not have a tube from your front door into your stomach - save you even getting up!
I'm happy that I can help keep my local club solvent and that I'm fortunate to not be poor.
I'm tied to my local club - it's called loyalty, community, solidarity, but of course it's your choice to put money into that philanthropic foundation otherwise known as Sheikh Mansour and the Chinese Government.

Newcastle tickets on 20:33 - Dec 18 with 1616 views442Dale

Newcastle tickets on 20:32 - Dec 18 by tony_roch975

Why not have a tube from your front door into your stomach - save you even getting up!
I'm happy that I can help keep my local club solvent and that I'm fortunate to not be poor.
I'm tied to my local club - it's called loyalty, community, solidarity, but of course it's your choice to put money into that philanthropic foundation otherwise known as Sheikh Mansour and the Chinese Government.

What is loyalty though? It’s not supporting every decision of the club that’s for sure.

Newcastle tickets on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 1577 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 20:13 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

For all those claiming it’s proper cheap to watch city, their game kicks off late afternoon , so you can go to both. And yes we are customers, but it’s not a perfect market, it’s not like swapping your brand of beans, there is a huge emotional attachment to watching football for most people. I met a Bury fan on Saturday , and after taking the piss for a bit, I asked him why he doesn’t come down to the Dale. He said he cannot get enthused by watching any other team, I’m the same, I love watching football, but it’s only Dale that I would travel the country to watch live

I'd have agreed with all your points a few seasons ago RR,as it stands my "emotional attachment" is pretty slim going on almost zero such is the kicking we've taken as fans for quite a while now by certain folk at the club.

I can quite happily go and do something totally different on a Sat afternoon and feel much more valued and less ripped off at the same time, then possibly check the fulltimes later on when I remember.

It's my last post on this topic as I've made my point pretty clear.

I hope you're reading all these comments Mr Bottomley and co as you're doing a tremendous job.... at totally fooking everything up.
Newcastle tickets on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 1554 viewsAtThePeake

Just because you feel that link so intrinsically doesn't mean everyone else who supports Rochdale feels the same way.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 1541 viewsRAFC1907

Newcastle tickets on 20:33 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

What is loyalty though? It’s not supporting every decision of the club that’s for sure.

Spot on 442.

Some people on here who either work for the club or represent the club in some capacity will constantly bow down to those running the club.

Poll: Bottomley...

Newcastle tickets on 21:00 - Dec 18 with 1525 viewsD_Alien

Reluctant as i am to drop this into what has developed into an interesting discussion about "what it means to be a fan" - if the person you refer to didn't have history in terms of marketing i think quite a few fans might possibly be less inclined to grumble. It's the elephant in the room in all these recent discussions, and i'm sorry but it just won't go away

It's about far more than just about feeling a bit annoyed having to stump up extra at this time of year, which most fans would probably shrug off (i'm one of them) as the price we pay for supporting a team that's now moderately successful in terms of cup performances

And i suspect it'll remain an issue at times like these unless it's no longer possible to be an issue

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 21:00 - Dec 18 with 1530 views442Dale

Newcastle tickets on 20:56 - Dec 18 by RAFC1907

Spot on 442.

Some people on here who either work for the club or represent the club in some capacity will constantly bow down to those running the club.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s no denying this particular situation has a valid argument attached to why it was made. However, let’s try and look at all the knock-on effects and whether it’s negatives outweigh the positives.

It’s a long way away from “sticking it up a fiver is fine by me/has really wound me up”

Newcastle tickets on 21:07 - Dec 18 with 1502 viewsRAFCBLUE

Newcastle tickets on 20:45 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

I'd have agreed with all your points a few seasons ago RR,as it stands my "emotional attachment" is pretty slim going on almost zero such is the kicking we've taken as fans for quite a while now by certain folk at the club.

I can quite happily go and do something totally different on a Sat afternoon and feel much more valued and less ripped off at the same time, then possibly check the fulltimes later on when I remember.

It's my last post on this topic as I've made my point pretty clear.

I hope you're reading all these comments Mr Bottomley and co as you're doing a tremendous job.... at totally fooking everything up.

It will be interesting to see the attendance from the Dale end perspective.

3,200 paying Geordies is one thing; the impact on the Dale mentality of the local area is another.

There was once a time when being a Dale fan seeing a glamour cup tie was to be celebrated.

Now its a case of how much the club think they can extract from the fans.

Choices for me:
a) Three and a half hour drive each way; tank of fuel; food, drink, ticket entry to the game - rough additional cost - £100 of which say £40 would go into the club. Time taken - full day.

b) Watch it on BT Sport - rough additional cost - £0. Time taken - two hours.

The club have made it really easy for me not to part with £40 for their benefit.

How many other Dale fans will watch it on TV at these prices?

In full agreement with NB.

I can quite happily go and do something totally different on a Saturday afternoon and feel much more valued and less ripped off at the same time, then possibly check the fulltimes later on when I remember.

And when you can't excite me and many others to come for Newcastle (h) in the 3rd round of the FA Cup then you have absolutely zero chance with Gillingham (h).

If or when we go back to Div 4, it will be interesting to see if the mentality of milking the fans continues or there is a sudden lightbulb moment that maybe, just maybe making RAFC as accessible as possible at every possible juncture is the only way to engage and keep engaged a relatively small but loyal fanbase.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Newcastle tickets on 21:30 - Dec 18 with 1452 viewsnordenblue

Why would I do that,I really enjoy making decent home made food prior to eating it?

I wouldn't say I'm fortunate to not be poor more that I've got here through hard work generally,there's not been much fortune involved at all to be honest.

You're spot on though it certainly is my choice where to spend my money/time but again you may class yourself as more loyal,solidarity,true fan,or whatever other nonsense term you'd care to use for whats essentially blinkered blind faith whilst having your trousers pulled right down at the same time...
Newcastle tickets on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 1407 viewskiwidale

Newcastle tickets on 18:53 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

I’m off to the Panto tomorrow in Manchester, ‘starring’ Craig Revel Horward. £20 bargain. Full price was £36

Oh no you haven't.

This is not the time for bickering.

Newcastle tickets on 22:01 - Dec 18 with 1349 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 21:45 - Dec 18 by kiwidale

Oh no you haven't.

Oh yes I will

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 22:26 - Dec 18 with 1302 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 22:01 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

Oh yes I will

Snow White at the Opera House?If so we went last Sunday,he's brilliant as the main role and very good humour throughout, if you drive not sure if you're aware but the NCP carpark in Spinningfield just down the road works out around £7 with a discount at the Opera House rather than the robbing barstewards normal price of around £16/£17 for 3/4 hours
Newcastle tickets on 22:26 - Dec 18 with 1301 viewstony_roch975

Newcastle tickets on 21:30 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

Why would I do that,I really enjoy making decent home made food prior to eating it?

I wouldn't say I'm fortunate to not be poor more that I've got here through hard work generally,there's not been much fortune involved at all to be honest.

You're spot on though it certainly is my choice where to spend my money/time but again you may class yourself as more loyal,solidarity,true fan,or whatever other nonsense term you'd care to use for whats essentially blinkered blind faith whilst having your trousers pulled right down at the same time...

So you're the only one who's worked hard - what an arrogant attitude! I've worked hard too but I'm still happy to acknowledge I'm fortunate to have been born at a time of massive economic and social progress (including a working Welfare State and final salary occupational pension schemes) and I didn't have a major disability.
Where do I argue about agreeing blindly with the Club's decisions - where?

Newcastle tickets on 22:44 - Dec 18 with 1259 viewsDalenet

Newcastle tickets on 19:12 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

My commiserations to you. I’ll be thinking of you this Christmas.

That's kind. I will be in Rochdale over Xmas. As I am for every home game. I used to live in Manchester but I have now escaped to a more pleasant city. It really is very pleasant here with nice beaches and much drier weather
Newcastle tickets on 22:53 - Dec 18 with 1230 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 22:26 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

Snow White at the Opera House?If so we went last Sunday,he's brilliant as the main role and very good humour throughout, if you drive not sure if you're aware but the NCP carpark in Spinningfield just down the road works out around £7 with a discount at the Opera House rather than the robbing barstewards normal price of around £16/£17 for 3/4 hours

Cheers , I’m throwing myself at the mercy of northern rail, so I can have a shandy. The opera house beer price makes Newcastle tickets seem cheap though, I’ve promised my granddaughter a reindeer cruffin at Alberts Schloss , best raid the piggy bank

Newcastle tickets on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 1190 viewsVivaDonaldo

Newcastle tickets on 21:07 - Dec 18 by RAFCBLUE

It will be interesting to see the attendance from the Dale end perspective.

3,200 paying Geordies is one thing; the impact on the Dale mentality of the local area is another.

There was once a time when being a Dale fan seeing a glamour cup tie was to be celebrated.

Now its a case of how much the club think they can extract from the fans.

Choices for me:
a) Three and a half hour drive each way; tank of fuel; food, drink, ticket entry to the game - rough additional cost - £100 of which say £40 would go into the club. Time taken - full day.

b) Watch it on BT Sport - rough additional cost - £0. Time taken - two hours.

The club have made it really easy for me not to part with £40 for their benefit.

How many other Dale fans will watch it on TV at these prices?

In full agreement with NB.

I can quite happily go and do something totally different on a Saturday afternoon and feel much more valued and less ripped off at the same time, then possibly check the fulltimes later on when I remember.

And when you can't excite me and many others to come for Newcastle (h) in the 3rd round of the FA Cup then you have absolutely zero chance with Gillingham (h).

If or when we go back to Div 4, it will be interesting to see if the mentality of milking the fans continues or there is a sudden lightbulb moment that maybe, just maybe making RAFC as accessible as possible at every possible juncture is the only way to engage and keep engaged a relatively small but loyal fanbase.

Looking at your breakdown there it's not cheap for you to attend any game in either time or money.

Does the price rise really make that much of a difference to the decision you'd have to make each home game anyway? Or is it purely because you can balance it up versus watching us on tv?
Newcastle tickets on 23:21 - Dec 18 with 1168 viewsjudd

Posted on another thread but this article cites recommended pricing:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 23:28 - Dec 18 with 1146 viewssweetcorn

I'm stunned there are fans defending the club on this one.

It's a completely avoidable situation which the clubs board has put itself into and one which I fail to see the need for, given we've had lucrative runs in both cups.

It's nothing but greed on the clubs part and confirmation from the club that we are now customers, as opposed to part of the club which was one part of this clubs niche appeal.

Forum in January should be fun.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 23:31 - Dec 18 with 1138 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 23:28 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

I'm stunned there are fans defending the club on this one.

It's a completely avoidable situation which the clubs board has put itself into and one which I fail to see the need for, given we've had lucrative runs in both cups.

It's nothing but greed on the clubs part and confirmation from the club that we are now customers, as opposed to part of the club which was one part of this clubs niche appeal.

Forum in January should be fun.

At least the club have had their say.

I haven't seen anything from the Trust, other than they were not consulted.

If ever a case for enhancing recruitment...

Newcastle tickets on 23:33 - Dec 18 with 1132 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 23:31 - Dec 18 by judd

At least the club have had their say.

I haven't seen anything from the Trust, other than they were not consulted.

If ever a case for enhancing recruitment...

The trust were probably consulted whilst he was hanging out the back of them.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 23:35]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 23:36 - Dec 18 with 1126 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 23:33 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

The trust were probably consulted whilst he was hanging out the back of them.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 23:35]

If the Trust say they were not consulted then we have to believe them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024