Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread 18:37 - Oct 22 with 22285 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 19:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:37 - Oct 23 with 2798 viewscentrestandswan

😎never had any doubts

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:38 - Oct 23 with 2788 viewsjedmo_jack

I think we’ve found our front 5.

Fulton - Fer
Roberts - Celina - James
McBurnie

Ironically McBurnie is the weakest one out of all five on form. Dan James electric tonight. Great stuff.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:40 - Oct 23 with 2733 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:38 - Oct 23 by jedmo_jack

Fulton - Fer
Roberts - Celina - James
McBurnie

Ironically McBurnie is the weakest one out of all five on form. Dan James electric tonight. Great stuff.

On balance I’m liking Grimes at left back as well. And Naughton at right back with Roberts further forward.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:40 - Oct 23 with 2732 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:38 - Oct 23 by jedmo_jack

Fulton - Fer
Roberts - Celina - James
McBurnie

100% this.

WIth Montero and Grimes to come on when needed.

And Naughton v.d. Hoorn Rodon and Olsson behind

wont go into the keeper

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:41 - Oct 23 with 2668 viewsmagicdaps10

Ditto.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:42 - Oct 23 with 2647 viewsSwansNZ

10 points clear of relegation ;)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:45 - Oct 23 with 2566 viewsAl_Bundy

Great 2nd half after further changes.. Fer makes the difference bringing it all together. Potter needs to stick with what works and not keep chasing the game with his ever changing formations.

No coincidence we looked far more of a threat and upped the tempo.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:57 - Oct 23 with 2444 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:32 - Oct 23 by HugeEnkins

TFFT!

Norton was nearly on for his second assist then!

Good engine.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:00 - Oct 23 with 2365 viewsandrew

Thought we looked much better with Grimes LB as well.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:03 - Oct 23 with 2302 viewsjasper_T

Dan James what a player
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:08 - Oct 23 with 2220 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:00 - Oct 23 by andrew

Thought we looked much better with Grimes LB as well.

Our passing game is far better with Grimes at LB.

Olsson is not as composed when he has time on the ball.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:18 - Oct 23 with 2135 viewsPozuelosSideys

Grimes is more of a solid left back who allows his winger to get forward. Kinda like Jazz Richards. Think we are quite open to counters with both Olsson and James on the left as both like to get high up the field

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:19 - Oct 23 with 2129 viewsMorganator100

Van Der Hoon and Carter-Vickers looked solid in the middle, we looked better with Grimes at left back, leaving James to attack the left. Maybe Olsson was too attack minded and we lost our shape.

Fer does add some steel in our midfield and Fulton does work hard when he plays.

Roberts looks a better wing back on the right and Naughton needs to be kept as a right back in this league.

Celina is a lovely player to watch and the change of formation helped him just like it did James. Dan James came alive 2nd half with the change of formation but was very poor 1st half.

McBurnie for all his hard work cannot lead the line.

Nordfeldt for all his detractors had an excellent game tonight and made a match winning save before we went 3-1 up. Won't stop the fans asking for Mulder but I still think he's our best keeper.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:27 - Oct 23 with 2041 viewsjasper_T

Potter's big mistake that first half was putting Celina and James on opposite sides of the pitch. Electric together as both can play the other in or just keep running with it. Defenders don't know what to do. Plus it freed up McBurnie from having to run side to side all game.

Though Fer was very sloppy again, personally. Fulton excellent.

Linesman in the second half is going to cry himself to sleep tonight the abuse he was getting off Oli and Connor.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 2008 viewsBrynCartwright

Great result lads after the disappointing first half.

Bringing on Fer and Fulton at half time, and swapping James to the left transformed the team...

and a great stop from Nordfeldt.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:44 - Oct 23 with 1908 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 20:53 - Oct 23 by jedmo_jack

How do I get the red button to work on virgin?

Same system as non virgins mun.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:33 - Oct 23 with 1681 viewsFireboy2

How did CCV do tonight? Not seen him mentioned at all which i guess being a ch can be a good thing
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:38 - Oct 23 with 1664 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:50 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

Sharpening the knives already.

Put them back in the drawer.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:41 - Oct 23 with 1649 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:33 - Oct 23 by Fireboy2

How did CCV do tonight? Not seen him mentioned at all which i guess being a ch can be a good thing

Good and, sorry Joe, I'd keep him in.
I'd lose McBurnie for a while though.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:53 - Oct 23 with 1614 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:33 - Oct 23 by Fireboy2

As tidy as anyone playing out (though he didn't try anything ambitious) got stuck into tackles and won his challenges, but things were very open his side second half with him and Grimes.

Rodon still just about first choice for me but CCV next in line (sorry, Cian). Missed Joe's ability to carry the ball and play passes up the channels a bit, I thought.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:57 - Oct 23 with 1603 viewsairedale

FWIW I thought he done good. Can’t understand why he’s not in the box for corners though. I though being a big fckr automatically qualified you for it.
The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 01:14 - Oct 24 with 1507 viewsHighjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:57 - Oct 23 by airedale

FWIW I thought he done good. Can’t understand why he’s not in the box for corners though. I though being a big fckr automatically qualified you for it.

He’s very short for a center back.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 02:03 - Oct 24 with 1468 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:33 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

Great save just before our third.

Great finish as well from Celina. Him, Roberts and James have been excellent this half. Allowed to play though because Fer and Fulton are holding well.

Can we please just stick with this team for the weekend.

You want Nordfelt to start? 😨 Burn the witch!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024