Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Guidolin 16:21 - Apr 2 with 13625 viewsawayjack

Curtis deserves all the credit if we stay up. Guidolin has no excuses about sickness etc . Stoke missing 5/6 key players and we've not had a shot. Get rid of him now and put Curt back in charge.
Bye Guidolin on 18:46 - Apr 2 with 2023 viewsDavillin

Bye Guidolin on 17:43 - Apr 2 by Highjack

I think if we were told before he came in that we would beat Everton and arsenal away and pick up a lot of squeaky bum points making us more or less safe with 7 games to spare despite playing a bit shit we all would have taken it and said this is the man for the job.

Rafa Benitez isn't a bad manager and he's come in a lot later but you can see from him how hard it is to pick up a team that is low on confidence and start getting results.

I can't possibly see how anyone can criticise anything the management team has done since coming in. They have passed with absolute fu cking flying colours as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks, HJ. Good sense is so much appreciated in a thread like this one.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bye Guidolin on 21:33 - Apr 2 with 1813 viewsStarsky

Bye Guidolin on 17:48 - Apr 2 by SgorioFruit

TOP POST

im myself am guilty of the pessimistic view but what if we were Sunderland or Newcastle now at this stage??

The system has worked out for us.

UP THE JACKS

HAVE GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE

Oh FFS.

You were scathing and stopped watching after Stoke's second goal went in.

You can't run with the hare and the hounds.

Guido fecked up today and came to his senses after the hour.

The sooner we replace this narrow formation shyte the better... Whoever the manager is.

It's just the internet, init.

Bye Guidolin on 21:52 - Apr 2 with 1789 viewsGriffting

The guys got a points per game ratio which would see us top half at this stage over the course of a season and he hasn't even implemented his style on us yet. The only guy willing to get his hands dirty pull us out of the sh*t as well. He's not actually renowned for this style of play we're seeing, was known for playing expansive attacking football with Udinese and is simply doing a job with the players he's got in order to get points on the board and see us safe. I'd say he's all but accomplished that.
Bye Guidolin on 23:02 - Apr 2 with 1707 viewsjack247

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 by icecoldjack

Credit to FG i say.

His remit is to make us safe, not play like Barca and lose !

It's horses for courses until we are safe, the fact he can make the right changes in a game situation shows he has tactical nous .

I honestly think people are being overly harsh on the manager, it's £150m quid at stake and he seems to be cautious because of this IMO.

It's been clear to see that the swans have been poor in a football sense for 18months it won't get fixed on a budget in a relegation scrap with a manager learning the players strengths and weaknesses .
IMO. He has gone about the job the right way, we need to re evolve not start from scratch.

I'd like to see how he sets up if we are mathematically safe .

This is exactly it. Whether you want to credit Guidollin or Curtis, or to be more accurate both, they had a mandate to achieve and they have done it. Playing open, expansive football may have done it, but it probably wouldn't have.

We were safe after the Villa game, we are utterly safe now. Let's see what he can do in the remaining six games. Even if we lose them all and play negative football, both FG and AC deserve a lot of credit for steering us to safety in relatively few games. I thought it would go down to the last game or two.
Bye Guidolin on 23:15 - Apr 2 with 1683 viewslonglostjack

I'd like to see more of Guidolini. Very highly rated in Italy, has hardly had any time to settle in and with the exception of Paloschi has taken over a team and in a situation that has made it difficult for him to experiment .

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bye Guidolin on 23:20 - Apr 2 with 1671 viewsLoyal

Guidolin and. Curtis should be out of the picture next year. In Curtis case he should be thinking about a retirement and the club should be assisting this. We need a manager and proper staff and coaching team.

No more cheap options.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bye Guidolin on 23:21 - Apr 2 with 1667 viewsStarsky

Bye Guidolin on 23:15 - Apr 2 by longlostjack

I'd like to see more of Guidolini. Very highly rated in Italy, has hardly had any time to settle in and with the exception of Paloschi has taken over a team and in a situation that has made it difficult for him to experiment .

Well maybe the 60th minute experiment will give him some thought about our next game. From the start though

Bye Guidolin on 23:26 - Apr 2 with 1654 viewslonglostjack

Bye Guidolin on 23:20 - Apr 2 by Loyal

Guidolin and. Curtis should be out of the picture next year. In Curtis case he should be thinking about a retirement and the club should be assisting this. We need a manager and proper staff and coaching team.

No more cheap options.

Yeah - like a Mourinho ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Bye Guidolin on 23:26 - Apr 2 with 1654 viewsjack247

Bye Guidolin on 23:21 - Apr 2 by Starsky

Well maybe the 60th minute experiment will give him some thought about our next game. From the start though

Hopefully. We need to see more of the likes of Montero now. There is very little risk and if he can keep playing like that he may force himself back into contention. I'd be surprised if playing without wingers was anything more than a means to an end.
Bye Guidolin on 23:44 - Apr 2 with 1614 viewsSgorioFruit

Bye Guidolin on 21:33 - Apr 2 by Starsky

Oh FFS.

You were scathing and stopped watching after Stoke's second goal went in.

You can't run with the hare and the hounds.

Guido fecked up today and came to his senses after the hour.

The sooner we replace this narrow formation shyte the better... Whoever the manager is.

Aswel as Guido, I fecked up today and came to my sense after an hour.

Next Question??

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Bye Guidolin on 00:09 - Apr 3 with 1584 viewsStarsky

Bye Guidolin on 23:44 - Apr 2 by SgorioFruit

Aswel as Guido, I fecked up today and came to my sense after an hour.

Next Question??

You are our lucky charm.

Twice this season you've announce "Sgorio out" on the match thread and twice we've come back from the dead.

Bye Guidolin on 03:05 - Apr 3 with 1498 viewsAnotherJohn

Hard to say anything other than that the management team has exceeded expectations. When we briefly dropped into the bottom three things indeed looked black, and the obvious candidates on our managerial wish list did not fancy the challenge. But the unlikely combination of Guido and Curt has got the job done much sooner than we could have hoped. It hasn't been pretty, but I for one am extremely grateful. I suppose there is a legitimate question about capacity to switch to a more expansive mode that will allow us to kick on next season. Personally I'd say Guido is less of a gamble than Rogers would be. The latter clearly didn't feel confident that he could survive on a limited budget the first time around, and didn't want the risk when approached this season.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 3:08]
Bye Guidolin on 04:16 - Apr 3 with 1483 viewsDavillin

Bye Guidolin on 03:05 - Apr 3 by AnotherJohn

Hard to say anything other than that the management team has exceeded expectations. When we briefly dropped into the bottom three things indeed looked black, and the obvious candidates on our managerial wish list did not fancy the challenge. But the unlikely combination of Guido and Curt has got the job done much sooner than we could have hoped. It hasn't been pretty, but I for one am extremely grateful. I suppose there is a legitimate question about capacity to switch to a more expansive mode that will allow us to kick on next season. Personally I'd say Guido is less of a gamble than Rogers would be. The latter clearly didn't feel confident that he could survive on a limited budget the first time around, and didn't want the risk when approached this season.

Good sensible analysis, thanks.

Bye Guidolin on 05:35 - Apr 3 with 1462 viewsdameedna

Offer him a contract now Subject to staying up
Bye Guidolin on 05:42 - Apr 3 with 1459 viewsjack247

I think either would be a fairly safe pair of hands. Guidollin clearly knows what he is doing and has a reputation for playing more entertaining football. You know what you are going to get with Rodgers and I would expect that style to pick us up enough points to survive easily.

Of the two, I would rather we kept the man who had the balls to come her when the chips were down, but wouldn't be disappointed with Rodgers either.
Bye Guidolin on 08:01 - Apr 3 with 1393 viewsawayjack

OP was a little premature and naturally delighted by our performance when we changed tactics and brought width to our game. Great we're getting the points we need and Guidolin should get credit for changing tactics, but why persist with the starting tactics / formation that doesn't suit us?
Bye Guidolin on 13:24 - Apr 3 with 1280 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye Guidolin on 23:20 - Apr 2 by Loyal

No more cheap options.

We have got a top Italian manager. Two experienced coaches and an assistant who knows the club inside out. I take your point about lots of the other back room 'jobs for the boys' staff. Many who have now been shipped out but this does not apply to FG, his team and Curt. They have done more than enough to be given a shot at it next season I would say.
I agree with many of your posts normally. Not been on the magic mushrooms have you ;-) :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bye Guidolin on 13:37 - Apr 3 with 1261 viewsDavillin

Bye Guidolin on 13:24 - Apr 3 by Private_Partz

We have got a top Italian manager. Two experienced coaches and an assistant who knows the club inside out. I take your point about lots of the other back room 'jobs for the boys' staff. Many who have now been shipped out but this does not apply to FG, his team and Curt. They have done more than enough to be given a shot at it next season I would say.
I agree with many of your posts normally. Not been on the magic mushrooms have you ;-) :-)

Agree completely.

Expect a promotion to Corporal_Partz. At least Corporal.

Bye Guidolin on 14:01 - Apr 3 with 1233 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye Guidolin on 13:37 - Apr 3 by Davillin

Agree completely.

Expect a promotion to Corporal_Partz. At least Corporal.

:-) It could all go wrong Dav. Any managerial appointment is a risk and in my view and changing yet again is an even bigger one.
I like FG. One word that sums him up for me is 'courage'. He was one of the few who were prepared to take us on in a time of crisis. He has pushed himself to the limit when I'll. Foolishly IMHO but it shows his commitment. He is also prepared to stand up and be counted in press conferences even though he struggles to some degree with the language.
Couple this with the excellent relationship he has built up with his 'friend Alan' and this could be a successful recipe for next season.
I think a years contract with a view to extending would be good for both parties. If things do not work out then at least we will be able to address the situation in time and not have to be tied down to a massive pay off.
It can only be win, win IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bye Guidolin on 14:22 - Apr 3 with 1203 viewscontroversial_jack

Excellent post
Bye Guidolin on 14:26 - Apr 3 with 1193 viewsEbo

I think we are safe despite what many are saying. We have more points than games played, superior goal diff to the teams around us and the like of Newcastle and Sunderland would need to better half their seasons total to catch us up in 7/8 games. I can't see that happening.

One win is all that is needed for the magic 40 which will be more than enough to see us get another season in this division. I cannot honestly see Newcastle or Sunderland getting over the 35 point mark let alone the 40.

Relax

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bye Guidolin on 14:39 - Apr 3 with 1182 viewsjack247

Bye Guidolin on 14:26 - Apr 3 by Ebo

I think we are safe despite what many are saying. We have more points than games played, superior goal diff to the teams around us and the like of Newcastle and Sunderland would need to better half their seasons total to catch us up in 7/8 games. I can't see that happening.

One win is all that is needed for the magic 40 which will be more than enough to see us get another season in this division. I cannot honestly see Newcastle or Sunderland getting over the 35 point mark let alone the 40.

Relax

We have been safe since we beat Villa.
Bye Guidolin (n/t) on 14:57 - Apr 3 with 1153 viewsnyoninboh

Bye Guidolin on 04:16 - Apr 3 by Davillin

Good sensible analysis, thanks.

Thanks for all the thanks

Thanks
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 14:57]
Bye Guidolin on 21:46 - Apr 3 with 1030 viewsTrundle10

Bye Guidolin on 13:24 - Apr 3 by Private_Partz

Nail on head
Bye Guidolin on 22:28 - Apr 3 with 996 viewsowainglyndwr

Bye Guidolin on 21:46 - Apr 3 by Trundle10

Nail on head

Sort of agree, but has any heard or watched the training, I have been told its not to clever also the communication problems

But the man has had the results at the end of the day, ww did drop into the bottom 3 and now look all but safe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024