Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Guidolin 16:21 - Apr 2 with 13624 viewsawayjack

Curtis deserves all the credit if we stay up. Guidolin has no excuses about sickness etc . Stoke missing 5/6 key players and we've not had a shot. Get rid of him now and put Curt back in charge.
Bye Guidolin on 17:35 - Apr 2 with 2035 viewsawayjack

Bye Guidolin on 17:31 - Apr 2 by Oldjack

Yes he did ,since he been here he's played the cautions game ,hoping to sneak a draw or a 1-0 win ,from here on in we should now see his attacking game like we saw today after going 2 down which he's famous for ,if we don't he'll be gone ,if he does and wins games he'll be staying put hopefully

I honestly hope you're right and he's got more than we've seen so far in attack. Delighted with a point but I'm not convinced it was more panic than tactics.
Bye Guidolin on 17:35 - Apr 2 with 2031 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bye Guidolin on 17:24 - Apr 2 by awayjack

Do you honestly think Guidolin deserves credit for today? Delighted we got a point but the team he and tactics he selected was woeful. We only started playing well when we put wingers / width on the game. For me he's done nothing to merit getting the he job next year and Curtis should get the credit. Give him his money and thanks and say goodbye.

He clearly deserves credit for making the changes that got us a point.

Poll: Tory leader

Bye Guidolin on 17:36 - Apr 2 with 2009 viewsRancid

The players coming coming back from 2 down shows you they're playing for him and there's been plenty of signs since he's been here that we can play like we know we can.As I said just now.Lets judge him from now until the end of the season.Its all set up perfectly.
Bye Guidolin on 17:40 - Apr 2 with 1979 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye Guidolin on 17:35 - Apr 2 by awayjack

I honestly hope you're right and he's got more than we've seen so far in attack. Delighted with a point but I'm not convinced it was more panic than tactics.

Panic?? He goes for caution from the outset. We keep the chances down and concede two very poor goals. He therefore adjusts the team bringing on one of his own players as well. Hardly panic. Good tactics I would say.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bye Guidolin on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 1953 viewsawayjack

Agree - plus the criticism for the startinh team / tactics? Two howlers front their 3rd choice keeper. Surely we should've exploited that earlier with such tactical genius ?
Bye Guidolin on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 1943 viewsHighjack

I think if we were told before he came in that we would beat Everton and arsenal away and pick up a lot of squeaky bum points making us more or less safe with 7 games to spare despite playing a bit shit we all would have taken it and said this is the man for the job.

Rafa Benitez isn't a bad manager and he's come in a lot later but you can see from him how hard it is to pick up a team that is low on confidence and start getting results.

I can't possibly see how anyone can criticise anything the management team has done since coming in. They have passed with absolute fu cking flying colours as far as I'm concerned.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bye Guidolin on 17:44 - Apr 2 with 1941 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bye Guidolin on 17:40 - Apr 2 by Private_Partz

Panic?? He goes for caution from the outset. We keep the chances down and concede two very poor goals. He therefore adjusts the team bringing on one of his own players as well. Hardly panic. Good tactics I would say.

Definitely not Panic, Panid would be defensive for defensive, he brought on Attackers for defensive players.
He probably learned a lot watching how Curt turned things around while he was in hospital and new which players would do it.
Bye Guidolin on 17:47 - Apr 2 with 1902 viewsawayjack

Bye Guidolin on 17:40 - Apr 2 by Private_Partz

Amazing tactics. Get outplayed until we're 2-0 down then lucky 2 goals from crap goalkeeping. Let's try that every week.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye Guidolin on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 1883 viewsSgorioFruit

Bye Guidolin on 17:14 - Apr 2 by jackjackjackjack

When Curtis was in sole charge there were people on here saying he was out of his depth, and Huw needed to get a "proper" manager in.

We got a "proper" manager, he's helped us get away from relegation, and still people have something to whinge about.

TOP POST

im myself am guilty of the pessimistic view but what if we were Sunderland or Newcastle now at this stage??

The system has worked out for us.

UP THE JACKS

HAVE GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Bye Guidolin on 17:51 - Apr 2 with 1852 viewsHighjack

Bye Guidolin on 17:47 - Apr 2 by awayjack

Amazing tactics. Get outplayed until we're 2-0 down then lucky 2 goals from crap goalkeeping. Let's try that every week.

It got us a point so it worked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Bye Guidolin on 17:53 - Apr 2 with 1842 viewsmonmouth

We were so much on top we could have scored 5 if Montero could pass or cross. Oh and their second was from 'crap goalkeeping' too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bye Guidolin on 17:55 - Apr 2 with 1814 viewsHighjack

Awayjack has had a stormer here. This is why you should never post while emotional.

Bye Guidolin on 17:55 - Apr 2 with 1814 viewsjasper_T

Stoke deserve credit for exposing our Plan A today. It hasn't happened every week.
Bye Guidolin on 18:02 - Apr 2 with 1771 viewslifelong

Bye Guidolin on 17:53 - Apr 2 by monmouth

We were so much on top we could have scored 5 if Montero could pass or cross. Oh and their second was from 'crap goalkeeping' too.

That second goal of theirs was a very poor goal to concede, we were by far the better side in the second half and could easily have won the game, Montero made hell of a difference when he came on mind.
Bye Guidolin on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 1756 viewsLoyal

Anyone there today .......
Knows.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bye Guidolin on 18:06 - Apr 2 with 1544 viewsTrundle10

So, when we win it is all down to Curt and when we perform poorly it is because Of Guidolin.... Jesus wept
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 18:07]
Bye Guidolin on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 1528 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you mean our two goals?

If so - nonsense. Both were slight deflections - their keeper couldn't have done anything about it.

Shows what can happen when someone has a shot.
Bye Guidolin on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 1504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bye Guidolin on 18:06 - Apr 2 by Trundle10

So, when we win it is all down to Curt and when we perform poorly it is because Of Guidolin.... Jesus wept
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 18:07]

And when we draw that's when the bipolar really kicks in.

Bye Guidolin on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 1504 viewsLeonisGod

Bye Guidolin on 17:27 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

Was he not in charge for the second half then?

I have it on good authority that he went for a waz and got locked in the gents. So it's Curt's result really.

Tbh, it's immaterial who takes the credit (both Curt and Guidolin should). More importantly, after the geordies and mackams lost points, we are very, very, very, very, very close to being safe
Bye Guidolin on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 1497 viewsjasper_T

We were already safe and today was another point on the road to mid-table.
Bye Guidolin on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 1492 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bye Guidolin on 18:14 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

We were already safe and today was another point on the road to mid-table.

Exactly.

Bye Guidolin on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 1465 viewsTim_Harry

I'm happy with how things have gone since Guidolin has been in charge, but I get the same uneasy feeling that I had when we were getting results under Monk. Happy but concerned about where we're going.

I still think we have a squad that's capable of being in the top half, but only if it's with a manager that plays to our current players' strengths.

Guidolin could do a job for us next season, but it might take a lot of changes to the playing staff to suit his game. A lot of our players have looked lost under Gudolin's tactics.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 18:26]
Bye Guidolin on 18:33 - Apr 2 with 1401 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Bye Guidolin on 18:13 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

And when we draw that's when the bipolar really kicks in.

yep - and intriguing watching it unfold throughout the ebbs and flows
Bye Guidolin on 18:35 - Apr 2 with 1382 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye Guidolin on 17:43 - Apr 2 by Highjack

I think if we were told before he came in that we would beat Everton and arsenal away and pick up a lot of squeaky bum points making us more or less safe with 7 games to spare despite playing a bit shit we all would have taken it and said this is the man for the job.

Rafa Benitez isn't a bad manager and he's come in a lot later but you can see from him how hard it is to pick up a team that is low on confidence and start getting results.

I can't possibly see how anyone can criticise anything the management team has done since coming in. They have passed with absolute fu cking flying colours as far as I'm concerned.

Top post - agree 100%.
Still some supporters want to see the back of FG. I am convinced some the criticism of him is because he is the wrong side of 60 and had the gall to fall ill whilst in post.
His health may turn out to be his downfall. He might be boring and defensive. We just don't know but FFS give the guy a chance!
We will be in a much better decision to decide how things are panning out come the end of the season.
I just wish we could be content in the fact we have and experienced, committed manger and team who have settled in admirably and appear to be working well with Curt and all the backroom staff.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 18:37]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bye Guidolin on 18:43 - Apr 2 with 1337 viewsDavillin

Bye Guidolin on 17:21 - Apr 2 by LeonisGod

That's true too. These are two separate issues that are not mutually exclusive. Guidolin has (almost) fulfilled his brief with a lot more games to spare than anyone would have hoped for. So he deserves huge credit.

Whether he's the best man to take us forward is a separate issue. I've got no idea how he'd change (if at all) given a whole pre-season and transfer window. Would we see massive changes to our style? I was surprised at how little he's changed things since coming in, and it seems contrary to what we've heard about him from his previous roles. Has he been deliberately holding off making changes for fear of making things worse / or because he doesn't have the players he wants? I've no idea, but on paper his teams should be a more exciting prospect than we've seen in the last few months.

Very good post, LiG, but you left out the other "possibility" -- and, in my opinion, the correct one -- he knows what the F*** he's doing.

And that is precisely the reputation he brought here with him.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024