Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few Thoughts 23:19 - Aug 5 with 26143 viewsdaveB

Hard to know where to start today, Ainsworth has had all summer to put a game plan together, some sort of plan to stop opposition playing and to create goals and chances for us, that today was an absolute disgrace.

Just stood off them with everyone behind the ball, plan was when they have it keep dropping deeper, never tried to win the ball back, no closing just hold the shape it will be alright, never worked from the 1st minute, Watford could and should have scored 7 in the first half and added at least 3 more in the second. It was men against boys, the number of times the centre half ran 20 yards forward with not a tackle and 2 passes after they were in behind us was laughable

Ainsworth hung several players out to dry today. Playing Kelman in a 4-4-2 against this Watford team was suicidal. Chair stuck out on the left wing looking lost and bringing on Willock with 2 minutes left was a piss take. he can give it back the boys as much as he likes, maybe he should start doing it rather than playing tactics these players can't play.

Players have to take some responsibility as well, Dozzell went missing again. Kakay was embarrassing, Fox looked like he hadn't played football before and Field was awful as well. Gubbins did OK on debut but thats being kind, Duke Mckenna at least put a foot in, Begovic man of the match for keeping the score down but his time wasting at 4-0 down was awful.

One thing I noticed at half time is something Clive talks about a lot, our warm up. I went to the Womens FA Cup final in May, at half time both teams had proper training drills, cones out doing short quick passes then shuttle runs and the shootings practice. Watford today had players running together in one group others doing a triangle passing drill. Our lot? Willock and Richards doing kick ups and having a chat. Archer booting the ball to the other side of the pitch for Dixon Bonner to boot back to him and the others having a chat, no coaches to be seen, we've got hundreds of them why are they not managing this? It was beyond pathetic and sums up the general malaise at the club

We were marginally better second half mainly as we had some sort of shape and pressed the ball every now and then but it was still a long way from being any good and Watford really eased off yet still could have scored 2/3 more goals.

I thought we'd struggle before today, certain of it now. No one is finishing below that rabble. Needed major changes at the end of last season, still need them now and hiding behind FFP now. Ainsworth should have gone in May, Hoos as well, just sleepwalking towards League one
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 23:23]
Few Thoughts on 21:41 - Aug 8 with 911 viewsMonkey_Roots

Few Thoughts on 21:36 - Aug 8 by ChrisNW6

Would they have been doing anything differently under Warnock, Warbs, Beale or Critchley?

It wasn’t an Ainsworth dig, more of a dig at the attitude alongside the complaint about HT warmup.
Few Thoughts on 21:44 - Aug 8 with 889 viewsChrisNW6

Few Thoughts on 13:49 - Aug 8 by sparkey

Under Critchley, we were bad but not this bad. Remember Sheff Utd at home? I genuinely think if we won that game we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Slippery slope and all that. We had a game plan under him, we have zilch under Ainsworth

I hate sacking managers and wanted Critchley to get a full season but that team was in freefall and he'd lost the dressing room. I think we would have had a more tactically astute manager but been in the same situation as now squad wise.

If Beale had stayed, we still would be cashing in but the sale prices would be higher as we would have finished top half.
Few Thoughts on 07:58 - Aug 9 with 707 viewsLoftgirl

Few Thoughts on 17:38 - Aug 8 by Monkey_Roots

When Gubbins was being treated on the pitch, the Watford players were knocking the ball around to keep warm and sharp.

Ours were chatting.

Perhaps they were waiting for their turn to have the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024