Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few Thoughts 23:19 - Aug 5 with 25402 viewsdaveB

Hard to know where to start today, Ainsworth has had all summer to put a game plan together, some sort of plan to stop opposition playing and to create goals and chances for us, that today was an absolute disgrace.

Just stood off them with everyone behind the ball, plan was when they have it keep dropping deeper, never tried to win the ball back, no closing just hold the shape it will be alright, never worked from the 1st minute, Watford could and should have scored 7 in the first half and added at least 3 more in the second. It was men against boys, the number of times the centre half ran 20 yards forward with not a tackle and 2 passes after they were in behind us was laughable

Ainsworth hung several players out to dry today. Playing Kelman in a 4-4-2 against this Watford team was suicidal. Chair stuck out on the left wing looking lost and bringing on Willock with 2 minutes left was a piss take. he can give it back the boys as much as he likes, maybe he should start doing it rather than playing tactics these players can't play.

Players have to take some responsibility as well, Dozzell went missing again. Kakay was embarrassing, Fox looked like he hadn't played football before and Field was awful as well. Gubbins did OK on debut but thats being kind, Duke Mckenna at least put a foot in, Begovic man of the match for keeping the score down but his time wasting at 4-0 down was awful.

One thing I noticed at half time is something Clive talks about a lot, our warm up. I went to the Womens FA Cup final in May, at half time both teams had proper training drills, cones out doing short quick passes then shuttle runs and the shootings practice. Watford today had players running together in one group others doing a triangle passing drill. Our lot? Willock and Richards doing kick ups and having a chat. Archer booting the ball to the other side of the pitch for Dixon Bonner to boot back to him and the others having a chat, no coaches to be seen, we've got hundreds of them why are they not managing this? It was beyond pathetic and sums up the general malaise at the club

We were marginally better second half mainly as we had some sort of shape and pressed the ball every now and then but it was still a long way from being any good and Watford really eased off yet still could have scored 2/3 more goals.

I thought we'd struggle before today, certain of it now. No one is finishing below that rabble. Needed major changes at the end of last season, still need them now and hiding behind FFP now. Ainsworth should have gone in May, Hoos as well, just sleepwalking towards League one
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 23:23]
Few Thoughts on 17:39 - Aug 6 with 3428 viewsLordPork

Millwall played a couple of 20 odd year olds yesterday and they beat Middlesborough, at home. ( apparently they were outstanding )

It's possible, just very unlikely, that we have the same capability, capacity to achieve likewise.
Few Thoughts on 17:43 - Aug 6 with 3390 viewsdontknowitall

One thing that I don't quite understand is GA, in his after match interview, said something along the lines of 'We could see that our tactics were not working so we changed a few things at half time'....... Well I could see that after about, what, one minute?.... Why wait until half time? Why not after the second goal went in for example?... Over the years I have seen many a manager make a substitution during the first half and/or change the shape of the team....
Few Thoughts on 17:49 - Aug 6 with 3359 viewsAirtomoreira

Didn't Norwich lose their first match of the season 7 - 0 a few seasons ago, before gaining promotion?

(Yeah, I know, I know, but out of 100 straws that I've been clutching over the last few weeks, it's the only one that's left!
Few Thoughts on 18:04 - Aug 6 with 3285 viewsCabdriveR

Few Thoughts on 17:49 - Aug 6 by Airtomoreira

Didn't Norwich lose their first match of the season 7 - 0 a few seasons ago, before gaining promotion?

(Yeah, I know, I know, but out of 100 straws that I've been clutching over the last few weeks, it's the only one that's left!

Indeed they did.

First thing they did after that defeat was sack their manager.
Few Thoughts on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 3236 viewsgazza1

Few Thoughts on 16:09 - Aug 6 by dannyblue

I agree with you in normal circumstances. But this is a proper crisis imo.

We are where we are, but how do we get to where we want to be? i.e., they're not stinking up the place because a) they've gone, preferably in exchange for some cash; or b) they're playing well and performing for us.

I think playing them is more likely to get us to where we want to be than not playing them. Don't play them and it's almost certain to continue this way. Play them and there's (perhaps a slight) chance they'll be re-engaged....

I am not sure how they, Willock & Richards, would have coped yesterday with Watford's movement unless they are willing workers - it was bad enough with the players out there who imho worked reasonably hard.

I've not seen them this season but Norf thinks they been having a 'jolly time' (my words) on the pitch thus far. Problem is that we only got 30% of the ball yesterday, apparently, so if your work rate is not being applied then we have absolutely no chance.
Few Thoughts on 18:22 - Aug 6 with 3217 viewsCamberleyR

Few Thoughts on 17:39 - Aug 6 by LordPork

Millwall played a couple of 20 odd year olds yesterday and they beat Middlesborough, at home. ( apparently they were outstanding )

It's possible, just very unlikely, that we have the same capability, capacity to achieve likewise.

Their winner was also scored by an 18 year old. Could you see one of ours doing the same thing? I couldn't.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Few Thoughts on 18:37 - Aug 6 with 3169 viewsJamesB1979

Few Thoughts on 18:22 - Aug 6 by CamberleyR

Their winner was also scored by an 18 year old. Could you see one of ours doing the same thing? I couldn't.

Also manage to do it with 155 staff…..we have over 190
Few Thoughts on 18:40 - Aug 6 with 3160 viewsdannyblue

Few Thoughts on 18:17 - Aug 6 by gazza1

I am not sure how they, Willock & Richards, would have coped yesterday with Watford's movement unless they are willing workers - it was bad enough with the players out there who imho worked reasonably hard.

I've not seen them this season but Norf thinks they been having a 'jolly time' (my words) on the pitch thus far. Problem is that we only got 30% of the ball yesterday, apparently, so if your work rate is not being applied then we have absolutely no chance.

oh I agree, and we'd still be crap and lose to any decent team...just might have a very very slim chance of someone banging one in from the edge of the area, and a slightly slightly greater chance of offloading one of them, maybe even for some cash.
Login to get fewer ads

Few Thoughts on 23:15 - Aug 6 with 2932 viewsBurnleyhoop

Few Thoughts on 13:56 - Aug 6 by Northernr

As you say in your post above this one though, it's about standards. Richards tossed it off in Austria, tossed it off last week at Oxford, you can't pick him regardless. I don't think you'll get a more 'arm round the shoulder' managerial combination than Ainsworth and Dobson, and neither Richards nor Willock are responding.

Neither is anybody else based on yesterdays efforts. Don’t know about Richard’s but Willock has been our talisman for a number of seasons and we know what he is capable of. Whatever the problem is, fcking manage it. Isn’t that what Ainsworth is supposed to excel at?

If Willock is gone completely, then stop fannying around with him and stick him with the kids and be brave enough to tell us exactly why he deserves it.

It seems to me that there are other players that are similarly producing jack shit, but still get picked every week, so why is that? Favouritism, or they made more of an effort for the Hakka man.

Ultimately, I just don’t understand what the hell Ainsworth is trying to do, because whatever it is, it just isn’t working in any shape or form. I am seeing no progress whatsoever and it’s infuriating.
Few Thoughts on 08:09 - Aug 7 with 2809 viewsgazza1

Few Thoughts on 23:15 - Aug 6 by Burnleyhoop

Neither is anybody else based on yesterdays efforts. Don’t know about Richard’s but Willock has been our talisman for a number of seasons and we know what he is capable of. Whatever the problem is, fcking manage it. Isn’t that what Ainsworth is supposed to excel at?

If Willock is gone completely, then stop fannying around with him and stick him with the kids and be brave enough to tell us exactly why he deserves it.

It seems to me that there are other players that are similarly producing jack shit, but still get picked every week, so why is that? Favouritism, or they made more of an effort for the Hakka man.

Ultimately, I just don’t understand what the hell Ainsworth is trying to do, because whatever it is, it just isn’t working in any shape or form. I am seeing no progress whatsoever and it’s infuriating.

You cannot pick players that are not 'pulling their weight'.....simple as that. What are the other players that are not in the first 11 thinking?? They must think that it isn't actually worth them trying because GA is picking players that are not playing for the shirt, badge whatever. Not good examples at all and puts GA in 'bad light'.

I am sure that GA has 'had it out' these players so it is down to them....personally, I believe that the two players should be utterly ashamed of themselves for not applying themselves 100% with the talent they both have. Not sure we should throw them to the junior players either because those boys will look at them and think WTF - they need winners not losers.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 8:10]
Few Thoughts on 08:46 - Aug 7 with 2742 viewsdaveB

Few Thoughts on 08:09 - Aug 7 by gazza1

You cannot pick players that are not 'pulling their weight'.....simple as that. What are the other players that are not in the first 11 thinking?? They must think that it isn't actually worth them trying because GA is picking players that are not playing for the shirt, badge whatever. Not good examples at all and puts GA in 'bad light'.

I am sure that GA has 'had it out' these players so it is down to them....personally, I believe that the two players should be utterly ashamed of themselves for not applying themselves 100% with the talent they both have. Not sure we should throw them to the junior players either because those boys will look at them and think WTF - they need winners not losers.

Do you think he's had it out with them? I'm not sure he does he comes across as wanting to be their mate and all about being positive
Few Thoughts on 10:30 - Aug 7 with 2636 viewsQPROslo

It was a terrible performance from everyone involved with Bercovic the only exception. But that's all been said. For me watching it on QPR+, it was also incredibly Boring, only Armstrong lightened it up a bit - if only he could of angled that lob towards goal and not the other way we could have had a great goal from him. But if we aren't going to see the sort of long passing combination play through a defense we saw in one of the Pre-Season games at Wimbledon I think with Chair, Willock, Richards, Paal and Dozzell all involved it's going to be a very Boring as well as a very miserably unsuccessful season. I'm in the process of renewing my annual subscription but really starting to wonder if this GA type of football is worth the money and the misery.
Few Thoughts on 10:32 - Aug 7 with 2615 viewsHayesender

Fck me, you know things are bad when Jeff Stelling is piling in on us

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Few Thoughts on 10:38 - Aug 7 with 2571 viewsCamberleyR

Few Thoughts on 10:32 - Aug 7 by Hayesender

I've always felt when he was on Soccer Saturday that he was a bit snidey towards us. Stelling's still bitter about those two 4-1 gubbings Hartlepool got 20 years ago from us and I've replied to him to that effect.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 10:40]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Few Thoughts on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 2537 viewsdaveB

I love Jeff but he's a football fan and should know better than this. It's wrong as well, we weren't very good when he came in but far from hopeless
Few Thoughts on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 2530 viewsted_hendrix

*You were hopeless before he came in*

And we've become even more hopeless since he arrived, f uck off t wat.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Few Thoughts on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 2523 viewsRangersw12

Well Jeff clearly hasn't seen any of our games under Ainsworth

I
Few Thoughts on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 2525 viewsspencer

He's right, but also wrong.

There's a line in the Josey Wales film,
" Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining "

That's how i feel about this club at the moment.

The training ground aside, there is nothing positive coming out of this club. GA beating his chest and telling us it will be ok come end of the season, doesn't do it for me.

Lets juts take on e are on the field :

Centre Half

We took a decent Centre half with prospect and turned him into a league 2 player. I expect him to flourish at Bristol City

Balogun left

That left us with Dunne and Salter Clarke in May
In 3 months, all we can come up with is Megan Fox. Not his fault his not that good.

In fact - all over the pitch, and it has been said - we have not replaced anyone anywhere ( keeper aside)

No one seems to care - club drifting to League 1 - Fans ... almost accepting it ( not being critical as thats how i feel)
Few Thoughts on 12:30 - Aug 7 with 2296 viewsBurnleyhoop

Few Thoughts on 08:09 - Aug 7 by gazza1

So just how many were "pulling their weight" against Watford?

Judging by the ratings provided by Clive in his match review, not many, if any. Either that, or they are all completely useless. The answer, no doubt, lies somewhere in-between.

Richard's hasn't shown us anything since he came, so i have no complaints there.

Willock, however, is by far and away our best player and has proven it, time and time again. Ainsworth's failure to address the issue, whatever it is, during the summer, is the problem and he alone needs to solve it.
Few Thoughts on 13:06 - Aug 7 with 2134 viewsWatford_Ranger

Few Thoughts on 12:30 - Aug 7 by Burnleyhoop

So just how many were "pulling their weight" against Watford?

Judging by the ratings provided by Clive in his match review, not many, if any. Either that, or they are all completely useless. The answer, no doubt, lies somewhere in-between.

Richard's hasn't shown us anything since he came, so i have no complaints there.

Willock, however, is by far and away our best player and has proven it, time and time again. Ainsworth's failure to address the issue, whatever it is, during the summer, is the problem and he alone needs to solve it.

I think he’s tried. He’s given him minutes pre-season and not rushed him back when many would have done last season but for what return? I don’t rate Ainsworth but I think the problem sits with the player. He probably didn’t think he’d still be here and perhaps a small bid has been turned down and now seems to be sulking about it.
Few Thoughts on 15:16 - Aug 7 with 1898 viewsBurnleyhoop

Few Thoughts on 13:06 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

I think he’s tried. He’s given him minutes pre-season and not rushed him back when many would have done last season but for what return? I don’t rate Ainsworth but I think the problem sits with the player. He probably didn’t think he’d still be here and perhaps a small bid has been turned down and now seems to be sulking about it.

Pure conjecture. “perhaps”, “probably”, utterly meaningless.

Can anyone definitively explain what is actually going on as opposed to making shit up?
Few Thoughts on 16:04 - Aug 7 with 1831 viewsterryb

Few Thoughts on 15:16 - Aug 7 by Burnleyhoop

Pure conjecture. “perhaps”, “probably”, utterly meaningless.

Can anyone definitively explain what is actually going on as opposed to making shit up?

Only if you're one of the people involved!
Few Thoughts on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1773 viewsBurnleyhoop

Few Thoughts on 16:04 - Aug 7 by terryb

Only if you're one of the people involved!

Indeed. We are all guilty of making assumptions and putting forward opinions when in reality, we have no idea what the hell is going on. This is being compounded by Ainsworth’s policy of releasing no information or outright lying. He is not helping his cause one jot by keeping the fans in the dark and playing significantly inferior players whilst leaving our best hope for success on the bench.
Few Thoughts on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 1662 viewsTheChef

I'm not entirely excusing Ainsworth, but when you say 'all summer', these days I'd say that was maybe around six weeks at best? Which is not ideal when still trying to deal with the dregs of last season while also trying to attract/getting in new signings on no budget at all; and then integrate those new signings with whoever is left over.

Not saying it can't be done, but in the club's current position, it's not easy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Few Thoughts on 17:42 - Aug 7 with 1599 viewsMonkey_Roots

Few Thoughts on 17:23 - Aug 7 by TheChef

I'm not entirely excusing Ainsworth, but when you say 'all summer', these days I'd say that was maybe around six weeks at best? Which is not ideal when still trying to deal with the dregs of last season while also trying to attract/getting in new signings on no budget at all; and then integrate those new signings with whoever is left over.

Not saying it can't be done, but in the club's current position, it's not easy.

I think we all understood what was meant by 'all summer' to be fair, and if it's 6 weeks, he's had the same amount of time as everyone else.

It was really hammered home when I read the comments made by the Watford players after the match - I'm paraphrasing, but one of them basically said that they had patterns of play, working hard in preseason, their manager came in and really changed the mentality at the club, good group ethic etc... all the things that GA had tasked himself with doing.

I was initially rather hopeful when I saw the players who left in the summer - exactly the players we hoped would be moved on – and thought that the GA effect is in full effect - he knew what had to happen, and he's actually doing it... I then read reports (hearsay I hear you say) that we were actually trying hard to keep Balogun and Martin, and my old April broke a little.

He had preseason to come up with a plan for how he wants us to play, and so far there's no pattern leaping out at me from any of the preseason games, or indeed the slaughter at Watford... we'll wait and see.

He's also had plenty of time – from the minute he walked in the door – to identify suitable players for how he wants to play, and within the budget (sweet FA) that his bosses have made available to him. He stated that he had some gems up his sleeve, knowing the budget he had, and we've ended up with someone we already know in Smyth, an ageing - albeit capable – player in Colback, and a average left back for our CB position. I totally understand that he's proper hamstrung by budget, so I'll just have to trust that he's working his nuts off trying to make it happen. Other teams have also been hampered by finance, embargos and what not, and have managed to do pretty well? We're a bit of a basket case, I get that, but I was hoping for better.

I don't disagree with your overall point that it's not easy, but I just wanted a bit of a rant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024