Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread 17:33 - Nov 24 with 31960 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 18:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Nov 26 with 2446 views34dfgdf54

Decent point away at a very big, physical side.

Not sure if I’m expecting too much but we were poor, no movement off the ball, no pace, nothing really in the final third whether that be on the flanks, up front or central midfield.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Nov 26 with 2447 viewsBadlands

I had a poor stream but for 20 minutes in the second half it was like watching ping pong.
A passing movement between Ayew and Borja towards the end made me drool.
But in general I've given up hoping for quality football.
Will there Friday nigh but may take a good book!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 2389 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:34 - Nov 26 by Badlands

Stupid head butt and a bang on red card but TBH the way Byers went down was embarrassing.

I wonder how their player, and fans would have reacted if Byers dished out the head butt ?

The answer is....exactly what Byers did, go down like a sack of spuds.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:53 - Nov 26 with 2300 viewslifelong

We seemed to settle for a point early in the second half, even when they went down to 10 men there seemed no urgency to get the winner...poor game.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:53 - Nov 26 with 2271 viewssainthelens

Friday night will tell us what's what now.
Fulham 2 wins on spin, Mitrovic against our rookie CHs, we have individuals not performing, team is struggling at home to get going ( the derby aside).
I know the result is everything, but I'd love to see a proper performance now.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Nov 26 with 2261 viewslonglostjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:50 - Nov 26 by Flashberryjack

I wonder how their player, and fans would have reacted if Byers dished out the head butt ?

The answer is....exactly what Byers did, go down like a sack of spuds.

All part of the modern game. Refs like him are to blame for only giving reds for Oscar winning performances.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Nov 26 with 2197 views34dfgdf54

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Nov 26 by Badlands

I had a poor stream but for 20 minutes in the second half it was like watching ping pong.
A passing movement between Ayew and Borja towards the end made me drool.
But in general I've given up hoping for quality football.
Will there Friday nigh but may take a good book!

Pass sidewards, back of Woodman, long, repeat.

They pressed us well in fairness but there’s just nothing there. I just don’t know how we are in the playoffs and unbeaten away from home going into December. Mind boggling, because we are not very good at all.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 26 with 2140 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:36 - Nov 26 by swan65split

Our style has gone,we are just a normal side now.

Sad but true.

Next level stuff indeed, our transformation into an identi kit championship team is complete.

There’s been some great work by potter undone this season, Celina,Grimes and one or two others don’t look the part .

Can’t fault the effort from the players tonight though, Borja and Ayew worked their socks off as did the others, gotta take a point away from home.

Cooper needs to learn how to play at home though, otherwise things will get rough for him despite grinding out results by paint by numbers football.
Onto the next one !
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 26 with 2125 viewsGammon

Cooper out. Sooner the better.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Nov 26 with 2058 views34dfgdf54

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

Sad but true.

Next level stuff indeed, our transformation into an identi kit championship team is complete.

There’s been some great work by potter undone this season, Celina,Grimes and one or two others don’t look the part .

Can’t fault the effort from the players tonight though, Borja and Ayew worked their socks off as did the others, gotta take a point away from home.

Cooper needs to learn how to play at home though, otherwise things will get rough for him despite grinding out results by paint by numbers football.
Onto the next one !

I got to be honest, I realise Borja isn’t getting no service but you can see why he never had a game for us in Premier League, he hasn’t got nothing. Poor touch, no pace, not very good aerially, I don’t see what he brings, scored a few goals early in season but I prefer Surridge.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Nov 26 with 2055 viewsdameedna

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 26 by Gammon

Cooper out. Sooner the better.

A superb point on our way to the title.

Well done Steve and the team.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 26 with 2011 viewsSirjohnalot

I’m annoyed that I travelled from the kitchen to the living room to watch that, be really annoyed if I travelled from Swansea
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 26 with 2006 viewsCopaMundial

People being far too diplomatic on here, the majority of the team aren’t good enough, the football is dreadful to watch and the manager ( who loves a fist pump when we win ) is taking us backwards at a rate of knots.
Tommy Cooper would have done a better job than this clown.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:14 - Nov 26 with 1934 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Nov 26 by 34dfgdf54

I got to be honest, I realise Borja isn’t getting no service but you can see why he never had a game for us in Premier League, he hasn’t got nothing. Poor touch, no pace, not very good aerially, I don’t see what he brings, scored a few goals early in season but I prefer Surridge.

Yep, I wouldn’t argue too much about that, he was an awful signing for £15m quid, but the cold facts are that without him and Ayew we’d probably be in relegation territory right now.

I can handle lack of quality too but at least when the effort is there we can’t say too much, with both Ayew and Borja the effort has been great fair play .

It’s one of those signings that helped sink the club, we can’t really blame the player though.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:17 - Nov 26 with 1895 viewsPozuelosSideys

Am i the only one that thought that was a half decent performance and am relatively happy with apoint against a team who went out to snap us in half? We didnt create a lot, but neither did they. We were the better side and are still unbeaten away.

Im suprised how much doom and gloom there is about tonight? A long run of games ahead of us now without any breaks with players going away. We will start becoming a lot more consistent and get better over the xmas period too imo. The more games the better.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:18 - Nov 26 with 1888 viewsunion_jack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 26 by CopaMundial

People being far too diplomatic on here, the majority of the team aren’t good enough, the football is dreadful to watch and the manager ( who loves a fist pump when we win ) is taking us backwards at a rate of knots.

But, but, but...

...we beat Cardiff😏

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Nov 26 with 1874 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The football is very Paul Clement esque- if you count our passes it appears we’re trying to play but reality is we pass backwards from wherever we have it to the keeper to hoof then repeat

No real goal threat (think surridge would score a hatful in an attacking team) and automic 1st thought we pass backwards

Need something to change before the rot really sets in

A point away is usually good but we have to win our home games and we won’t like this
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 22:22]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:27 - Nov 26 with 1791 viewspembsjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:17 - Nov 26 by PozuelosSideys

Am i the only one that thought that was a half decent performance and am relatively happy with apoint against a team who went out to snap us in half? We didnt create a lot, but neither did they. We were the better side and are still unbeaten away.

Im suprised how much doom and gloom there is about tonight? A long run of games ahead of us now without any breaks with players going away. We will start becoming a lot more consistent and get better over the xmas period too imo. The more games the better.

happy with a point but you can't honestly think that was a half-decent performance?
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Nov 26 with 1773 viewsBadlands

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 26 by CopaMundial

The players are good enough, so that leaves ....

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:32 - Nov 26 with 1743 viewsbuilthjack

Huddersfield were poor. So were we. We are going backwards.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Nov 26 with 1719 viewsLibertarian

Still unbeaten away from home.

The performances have been erratic and we’ve picked up a few injuries at the back. Let’s hope VDH will be fine.

Looking at the table, I get the feeling we’re getting away with it. Long may it continue.

Hats off to those who travelled on a rainy Tuesday to Huddersfield. Amazing effort
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Nov 26 with 1682 viewsCopaMundial

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Nov 26 by Badlands

The players are good enough, so that leaves ....

I’m sorry, the majority of players aren’t good enough, the manager isn’t either, but believing that somebody else could polish several turds is delusional, a new manager would probably be able to buff them up but parade ground shine isn’t going to happen.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:40 - Nov 26 with 1678 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:27 - Nov 26 by pembsjack

happy with a point but you can't honestly think that was a half-decent performance?

Tbh when it comes to away performances i tend to look at how we defend and how solid we are first. Get a point and anything else is a bonus. People on this thread banging on about how we would have won that game under Potter. No we wouldnt have. We would have been kicked, folded and lost by a couple of goals from corners.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:49 - Nov 26 with 1617 viewsFireboy2

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:32 - Nov 26 by builthjack

Huddersfield were poor. So were we. We are going backwards.

They werent matey, we were lucky tonight, didnt show any attacking positivity at all but we defended well though.

Onwards and upwards.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:51 - Nov 26 with 1605 viewsBytholWyn

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:40 - Nov 26 by PozuelosSideys

Tbh when it comes to away performances i tend to look at how we defend and how solid we are first. Get a point and anything else is a bonus. People on this thread banging on about how we would have won that game under Potter. No we wouldnt have. We would have been kicked, folded and lost by a couple of goals from corners.

You might well be right about that, but it misses the point. The things that we're good at under Cooper are the things we were good at under Monk. Organization. Workrate off the ball. Team shape. On the ball we are poor and getting worse. Borja getting caught offside several times was very Gomis-like. Not surprising given the number of hopeful punts downfield.

When did we last try and play consistently through the thirds?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024