Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread 21:50 - Feb 1 with 45867 viewsPhil_S

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 3432 viewskarnataka

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 07:21 - Feb 2 by EasternJack

Really looking forward to this match.

What I'd like to see is the same level of intensity for 90 minutes that we showed in the first 1/2 of the Everton game. I'm not a fan of the recent dropping deep / parking the bus 2nd halves (but I get why we've done them)

I'd take a draw, but a win is achievable here. Either way, I'm happy as long as the match is not decided by a referee mistake or a silly mistake by one of our players

Another 1:30am kick off that's going to mess with my day tomorrow, but there's no way I'd miss it.

A 1.30am kick off? Bugger, I thought it was 8.00pm. I was going to leave at about 4pm, probably won't leave until about 9.30 instead now. See you all there about midnight.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 14:07 - Feb 2 with 3377 viewsjasonbromham

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:28 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

whilst an international Fernandez can be a liability at times. Not always comfortable with the ball at his feet resulting in stray passes sometimes goes missing in action when defending losing his opponent.
But still a good player but has had a few wobbles this year

This explains it. Good player but makes lots of mistakes. I just think Amat is better personally.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:13 - Feb 2 with 3276 viewsDanGom1

My team would be:

..........Fab
Rangel...Fed...ash....taylor

.........cork....leon.....

Ayew ......siggy.....Routledge
.............Alberto.........

Be happy with a draw today and over the moon with a win! Whoever gets the first goal will be vital I think!
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:17 - Feb 2 with 3270 views3swan

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:35 - Feb 2 by karnataka

A 1.30am kick off? Bugger, I thought it was 8.00pm. I was going to leave at about 4pm, probably won't leave until about 9.30 instead now. See you all there about midnight.

Watch out for a few miles of 50mph speed limt on the M5 around Droitwich
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:32 - Feb 2 with 3246 viewsyescomeon

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:13 - Feb 2 by DanGom1

My team would be:

..........Fab

Be happy with a draw today and over the moon with a win! Whoever gets the first goal will be vital I think!

I'd go for that with Ayew on the left and Barrow on the right. Fckin go at 'em like.

Upthecity!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:39 - Feb 2 with 3235 viewsjasper_T

No way we play anything but the diamond again.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:50 - Feb 2 with 3205 viewsEasternJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:35 - Feb 2 by karnataka

I'll probably leave around 1:25am before I switch the TV over to Star Sports...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:57 - Feb 2 with 3192 viewsnantywatcher

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:28 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

whilst an international Fernandez can be a liability at times. Not always comfortable with the ball at his feet resulting in stray passes sometimes goes missing in action when defending losing his opponent.
But still a good player but has had a few wobbles this year

That sounds more like a description of Ash. Some of the best and most incisive passes of the season so far have come from Fernandez (it's a bit like when Gomis does anything classy. some people's eyes either must be looking down at their match day programmes at the time, or it's erased from their memory banks within a split second)
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 16:05 - Feb 2 with 3177 viewsEasternJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:57 - Feb 2 by nantywatcher

That sounds more like a description of Ash. Some of the best and most incisive passes of the season so far have come from Fernandez (it's a bit like when Gomis does anything classy. some people's eyes either must be looking down at their match day programmes at the time, or it's erased from their memory banks within a split second)

It's a well known phenomenon - commonly known as the Jason Scotland effect

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 16:11 - Feb 2 with 3159 viewsmagicdaps10

Got to be brave and bold in this one

FABIANSKI

RANGEL-FERNANDEZ-WILLIAMS-TAYLOR

BRITTON-CORK

AYEW-SIGGY-ROUTLEDGE

PALOSCHI

SUBS-NORDFELLT-NAUGHTON-AMAT-KI-MONTERO-BARROW-GOMIS

Bench looks strong as.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 16:27 - Feb 2 with 3113 viewsTom1912

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:13 - Feb 2 by DanGom1

My team would be:

..........Fab

This would be my choice too.

For the first time in awhile, I actually feel like we could win a game.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:05 - Feb 2 with 3018 viewsvetchonian

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:57 - Feb 2 by nantywatcher

But how many passes has he given away in comparison?
Given he cost us what £8M compared with what we paid for Ash.
Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at Fedde just making a point.Tyr watching him for a whole game not just following the action and you will see what I mean.
Ash has had a fair few untypical wobbles this season too.
Regarding the GOmis comments in relation to Fedde its comparable the bad often outweighs the good and that is what sticks in peoples minds

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Feb 2 with 2999 viewsClinton

They played 7 games in January, we played 5. They must be a bit fatigued. Recent form is pretty average, last two being home draws vs Villa and Peterborough. If we can get at them, a point must be on the cards.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 2 with 2964 viewsClinton

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:05 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

But how many passes has he given away in comparison?
Given he cost us what £8M compared with what we paid for Ash.
Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at Fedde just making a point.Tyr watching him for a whole game not just following the action and you will see what I mean.
Ash has had a fair few untypical wobbles this season too.
Regarding the GOmis comments in relation to Fedde its comparable the bad often outweighs the good and that is what sticks in peoples minds

Fede has been better since the midfield have actually been looking for the ball.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:32 - Feb 2 with 2931 viewsBYMJacks

It is a big game tonight I can see us nicking it 1-0 which ayew scoring
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:51 - Feb 2 with 2862 viewsTheKirkyLife

So Old Man Lawro, his associate in crime this week and Merson have predicted no winning for Swansea.

Nailed on victory.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:55 - Feb 2 with 2854 viewsphact0rri

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:50 - Feb 2 by EasternJack

I'll probably leave around 1:25am before I switch the TV over to Star Sports...

I don't know whats worse 1:30am or my lot which is at noon, on a work day. I can catch about 30 minutes during lunch but mostly its listening to the radio. I'll probably end up watching most of it at home in the evening, if NBC has put the replay out by then.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 18:32 - Feb 2 with 2715 viewsblaenaugwentjack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 14:07 - Feb 2 by jasonbromham

This explains it. Good player but makes lots of mistakes. I just think Amat is better personally.

Jep amat is the better player and should be starting ahead of fernandez.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:00 - Feb 2 with 2543 viewsdailew

Fabianski
Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (c), Taylor
Britton, Ki, Cork, Sigurdsson
Routledge, Ayew.

SUBS Nordfeldt, Naughton, Amat, Montero, Barrow, Paloschi, Gomis.

No three at the back formation then. Same starting eleven as the Everton game.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 19:03]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 2492 viewsshandyjack

west brom team -
foster,olsson,yacob,evans,mclean,mcauley,fletcher,dawson,sessegnon,sandro,rondon

we should really be looking to get at least a pt, here if we defend set pieces properly. not much width in either team, we seem to have a bit more in terms of goal scorers on the park

Poll: Expectation for the season

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:06 - Feb 2 with 2432 viewsAl_Bundy

WBA score a lot from crosses and set pieces. If we concede again from these position tonight I will fly a plane over our training ground and with a banner stating-

>>LEARN HOW TO MARK AND TRACK YOUR PLAYER<<

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 2400 viewsJango

If I'm not mistaken they've got 4 natural centre halves playing at the back? Keep the ball on the floor and we'll get plenty of chances tonight! I hope
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:11 - Feb 2 with 2355 viewsWhiterockin

Sam predicts.

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1 Probability of draw: 29%
Probability of home win: 32% Probability of away win: 39%
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:12 - Feb 2 with 2339 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Berahino left on the bench. Expect to see him as a sub though.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:14 - Feb 2 with 2306 viewsdickythorpe

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 19:12 - Feb 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

Berahino left on the bench. Expect to see him as a sub though.

Gee whizz, that poster of the year crown was won hands down wasn't it??!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024