Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread 15:20 - Dec 30 with 8236 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61602/swansea-city-big-g

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61604
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61606

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 1640 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:00 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Tymon is quietly getting on with his job, his delivery is improving all the time, it was a peach of a ball that Lowe messed up.

He’s been a bit of an escaped goat so far but I will say he’s probably the best crosser of a ball we’ve had in quite a few years.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:49 - Jan 1 with 1576 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:35 - Jan 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

He’s been a bit of an escaped goat so far but I will say he’s probably the best crosser of a ball we’ve had in quite a few years.

Definitely marmite at Stoke.
But he had his best game to date today.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:52 - Jan 1 with 1557 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:11 - Jan 1 by lifelong

I know, let’s start the year off with a few negatives.

An excellent win this afternoon against a very strong side in very difficult conditions.
Any comment to make about Matt Grimes and Liam Cullen?

I agree wholeheartedly, and it signals to me that when we have our eye on the game we can match most in the division. Not sure we could play like that every week though.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:16 - Jan 1 with 1454 viewsbuilthjack

We were poor first half, West Brom not much better, byr they could have been two up.
Second half we looked a different team. For me, Patino was excellent, he changed the game.
The defence was dogged, making some fantastic tackles.
Still not great up front, Lowe just gets knocked off the ball, never wins a challenge in the air, and rarely on the ground. I thought Cullen worked his socks off, if you watch him and not the ball, you see him continually closing, moving to the right places. He is cleverer than some think.
Yates seemed lost when he came on.
Special mention for Rushworth, some great saves and good positioning.
Players worked for each other today, it needs to happen more.
A much needed 3 points.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:18 - Jan 1 with 1447 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:52 - Jan 1 by KeithHaynes

I agree wholeheartedly, and it signals to me that when we have our eye on the game we can match most in the division. Not sure we could play like that every week though.

Why not tho, we just played on the front foot and went forward. They were booed off at ht but came out with a completely different attitude second half.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:25 - Jan 1 with 1422 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:18 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Why not tho, we just played on the front foot and went forward. They were booed off at ht but came out with a completely different attitude second half.

We are a massively different team when players look forwards. It's a mentality thing rather than a matter of quality.

In the second half we moved the ball forwards with pace and intent and the performance was magnitudes better. There's no reason why that can't be the default. Add a bit of pace to it and all of a sudden we're contenders again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:26 - Jan 1 with 1422 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:18 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Which is the problem, the first half was poor. the second good.
Which tells me we can’t.

I have to add I’m delighted with the second half and of course the win as we all I’m sure are 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 1332 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:11 - Jan 1 by lifelong

I know, let’s start the year off with a few negatives.

An excellent win this afternoon against a very strong side in very difficult conditions.
Any comment to make about Matt Grimes and Liam Cullen?

Reply to others and their comments Rog.
Many feel the same.
Neither negative nor positive

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:13 - Jan 1 by swan_si

Give him time, he's still getting over the disappointment of a win.

Wrong site sonny.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 21:04 - Jan 1 with 1325 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:33 - Jan 1 by jack247

I agree. But it would take a disastrous appointment. 15/20 points from here will be enough.

Not that escaping relegation is much to aim for, but we are where we are.

And we are perfectly capable of that .
Even now, this topic sees personal attacks by lifey and si .
No need for it
None at all.we want the best
That’s it.
Got that ?
Good
Keith posted a topic about posters attacking others personally .
Read what he says and quit the worlocks

Anyone wanting to have a go at me can do so by DM . That saves this site and the charity it supports.
There are legions whose posts I detest

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 1303 viewslifelong

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:59 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

Reply to others and their comments Rog.
Many feel the same.
Neither negative nor positive

Other posters have a balanced view, you don’t.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 21:29 - Jan 1 with 1254 viewsonehunglow

What’s another year .
Everyone has “ negative” feelings de temps en temps .
Sone make them public,some dint.
Most of our fan base of late has been critical and rightly so.
For a cwtch or a warm glow,share a bath

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 1179 viewsRichardO

They were not boo'd off at half time where I was sitting and none was heard either, the crowd was subdued but think on the balance of play content to go in half time not giving away stupid goals and being on level terms. By the end of the second half glad for the win and the change of tactics.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:29 - Jan 1 with 1133 viewsgrabsplatter

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:10 - Jan 1 by RichardO

They were not boo'd off at half time where I was sitting and none was heard either, the crowd was subdued but think on the balance of play content to go in half time not giving away stupid goals and being on level terms. By the end of the second half glad for the win and the change of tactics.

Didn't hear any boos either myself
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:43 - Jan 1 with 1102 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:10 - Jan 1 by RichardO

100% booed off around me, which I thought was harsh.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 23:53 - Jan 1 with 1011 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:21 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

We re not safe until mathematically so.
This division is nuts
Wednesday ,” certs” to go down are now out of the zone and flying with players banging them in.
Nobody is “ safe” and we need to understand that .

I can’t believe I actually up arrowed one of your posts mate 😂

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 00:04 - Jan 2 with 1002 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 20:16 - Jan 1 by builthjack

We were poor first half, West Brom not much better, byr they could have been two up.
Second half we looked a different team. For me, Patino was excellent, he changed the game.
The defence was dogged, making some fantastic tackles.
Still not great up front, Lowe just gets knocked off the ball, never wins a challenge in the air, and rarely on the ground. I thought Cullen worked his socks off, if you watch him and not the ball, you see him continually closing, moving to the right places. He is cleverer than some think.
Yates seemed lost when he came on.
Special mention for Rushworth, some great saves and good positioning.
Players worked for each other today, it needs to happen more.
A much needed 3 points.

A good assessment that

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 01:53 - Jan 2 with 937 viewscockneyswan

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 22:29 - Jan 1 by grabsplatter

Didn't hear any boos either myself

Definitely some booing in NE Upper at ht, very harsh, which I told them. A very good battling performance against a team in form getting some good results, Swans upset the form book, well done ,👏👏👏👏
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 06:53 - Jan 2 with 867 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 01:53 - Jan 2 by cockneyswan

Definitely some booing in NE Upper at ht, very harsh, which I told them. A very good battling performance against a team in form getting some good results, Swans upset the form book, well done ,👏👏👏👏

Surprisingly you can hear very little of the sound coming from the NE of the stadium from the upper S.East stand halfway line to 18 yard box we tend to hear a lot from the away support and it takes a very vocal home support from the NE for it to be heard and even some of that may be coming from the West and South Stands. Could talk about acoustics of the grounds speakers or concerts but that is another story.

Yesterday was very quiet where I sit at half time so I was a little surprised at the comment but when I have sat in the NE stand opinions seem very vocal and polarised.

Where I sit It is not as loud or as vocal and it does seem to take a lot to get the crowd going and for a number of seasons there has been relatively quiet trepidation, the teams second performance definitely raised the volume considerably.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 07:12 - Jan 2 with 851 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 06:53 - Jan 2 by RichardO

Surprisingly you can hear very little of the sound coming from the NE of the stadium from the upper S.East stand halfway line to 18 yard box we tend to hear a lot from the away support and it takes a very vocal home support from the NE for it to be heard and even some of that may be coming from the West and South Stands. Could talk about acoustics of the grounds speakers or concerts but that is another story.

Yesterday was very quiet where I sit at half time so I was a little surprised at the comment but when I have sat in the NE stand opinions seem very vocal and polarised.

Where I sit It is not as loud or as vocal and it does seem to take a lot to get the crowd going and for a number of seasons there has been relatively quiet trepidation, the teams second performance definitely raised the volume considerably.

There were also a few choruses of yanks get out of our club and stick your dollars up your ass.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 07:34 - Jan 2 with 837 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 07:12 - Jan 2 by Treforys_Jack

There were also a few choruses of yanks get out of our club and stick your dollars up your ass.

Doesn't surprise given the ageing stop gap signings made, we did it in the Premiership with Ayew which didn't work, Hourihane to help us limp into a play off final, and now Allen, Lowe and Bolaise.
That is not having a go at the individual players, well maybe Hourihane.
Maybe with Allen's operation we might get a decent year of two yet but if we keep selling our best assets instead of trying to build and strengthen the team iwe will continue to decline. Using our youth and encourage their development in first team to compliment our other signings seems the way to go.
[Post edited 2 Jan 7:36]
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 10:16 - Jan 2 with 718 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 23:53 - Jan 1 by jackrmee

I can’t believe I actually up arrowed one of your posts mate 😂

It’s your epiphany
HNY

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 11:24 - Jan 2 with 668 viewsowainglyndwr

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday on a drenched pitch , terrible first half , but the commitment was there from the start , to come out second half and deservedly score and go on to win the match
Thanks for the commitment all the Swans players
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:19 - Jan 2 with 573 viewsshingle

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:05 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

and only 8 points from the playoffs

Fair point, can`t argue with that, well i could but am not going to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024