Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread 15:20 - Dec 30 with 8235 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61602/swansea-city-big-g

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61604
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61606

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 16:59 - Jan 1 with 1604 viewsherbie

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 13:07 - Jan 1 by bennytheblue

You’ll need to win folks as it’s nailed on guarantee that QPR will get 3 points today, another place where we lose all the time, usually heavily….think our new years days record is up there with Boxing Day and playoffs, basically, we are screwed. Hopefully you get the points and pull away anyway, happy new year

Good wins for both teams and beating QPR helps us.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 1573 viewstheloneranger

Well done lads, a good win against a very strong side. All playing for each other and the manager!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 1549 viewsvetchonian

Good win and a great second haalf performance

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:11 - Jan 1 with 1469 viewslifelong

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 15:38 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

Why try to play a passing game when you have players who can’t pass

I know, let’s start the year off with a few negatives.

An excellent win this afternoon against a very strong side in very difficult conditions.
Any comment to make about Matt Grimes and Liam Cullen?
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:12 - Jan 1 with 1453 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 16:58 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Great second half after a poor first 45 UJ

Actually, though we were a bit toothless, I thought we played reasonably well in the first half. Last 10 mins were a bit poor when WBA growled at us but on the whole, quite good.

Excellent result though, got to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 1452 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:11 - Jan 1 by lifelong

I know, let’s start the year off with a few negatives.

An excellent win this afternoon against a very strong side in very difficult conditions.
Any comment to make about Matt Grimes and Liam Cullen?

Give him time, he's still getting over the disappointment of a win.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 1385 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Decent enough crowd with all the negativity around. Hopefully they will turn up to support us for the cup game on Saturday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 1245 viewsDr_Winston

The proverbial game of two halves.

First half we were terrible. Ponderous on the ball and off it. We had two players who can finish but have no pace out wide, and a player with some pace but isn't the best finisher in the centre. Notwithstanding how often a central defender found himself furthest forward on the right so often. WBA could easily have been two up.

Second half was much better. Patino yet again making a mockery of the amount of time he's spent on the bench. Having him there made Grimes a bit more ambitious, and we moved the ball a lot better. Indeed, the second half is more evidence that the players we have are nowhere near as incapable as a lot would have us believe as we more than matched a playoff side.

We need to sort the managerial situation out sharpish, preferably appointing someone who plays players in positions that suit their ability.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 1214 viewsonehunglow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 1225 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61606

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:55 - Jan 1 with 1214 viewsSullutaCreturned

It was a much better second half and to be honest, all this talk about managers, I don;t care if he's the cheap choice I'd give it to Sheehan til May and then look again at the situation.

We have definitely improved under his watch. Yes Southampton walloped us but that aside it hasnt been so bad. Well, its been worse, as it was under Duff.

Cullen won't create much but he is a poacher, took his goal very well today so I still say play him up front with yates and Kukhareyvich. Yates being more of a poacher too. At least giveit a go because we need to find what works and when we went more direct today we looked dangerous. Quick balls forward put WBA under pressure and we should have scored again.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:55 - Jan 1 with 1211 viewsWhiterockin

Players gave 100% right to the end, as supporters we can't ask more of the players we have. They are definitely a tight unit and playing for the manager, has he done enough to get the job? Playing like we have been the last couple of games (Southampton apart) we should be mid table, I think I would give it to Sheehan until the end of the season and then reassess.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:58 - Jan 1 with 1181 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 17:55 - Jan 1 by SullutaCreturned

It was a much better second half and to be honest, all this talk about managers, I don;t care if he's the cheap choice I'd give it to Sheehan til May and then look again at the situation.

We have definitely improved under his watch. Yes Southampton walloped us but that aside it hasnt been so bad. Well, its been worse, as it was under Duff.

Cullen won't create much but he is a poacher, took his goal very well today so I still say play him up front with yates and Kukhareyvich. Yates being more of a poacher too. At least giveit a go because we need to find what works and when we went more direct today we looked dangerous. Quick balls forward put WBA under pressure and we should have scored again.

I now agree.
I would rather Sheehan than take a punt with Ramsay.
It would disrupt us again.
I was chuffed we dug in today and second half all dig in but please don’t let us put pressure on ourselves by too intricate plays .

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:19 - Jan 1 with 1086 viewsRichardO

Kept it tight in the first half buy as has been said toothless, manager tweaked it in the second half nice to see Fulton and Grimes both playing on the front foot maybe shown up by Patino example basically we won the midfield battle in the second by playing the ball quickly forward but then backing up the play to support the forwards.
Glad we didn't go up before half time couldn't take the stress.
We'll deserved win.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 1025 viewsshingle

Well you have to be happy with that as most would no doubt have grasped the offer of a 1-0 win before the game, and even more importantly 11 pts off the relegation zone.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 1007 viewsjack247

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 16:06 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

It’s not funny any more
Patino has done nothing but pass to the opposition as have others
We need to bin this if it’s the “ Swansea Way”
We need to simply survive by doing basics
New coach has to do that
If he doesn’t ,we are down.

I think we’re fairly safe from relegation, barring a disastrous appointment. We’ve 8 wins and 8 draws so far. 4 more of each would keep us up IMO
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:55 - Jan 1 with 958 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Grimes looked a different player when he drove forwards with the ball in the second half.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 941 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:38 - Jan 1 by jack247

I think we’re fairly safe from relegation, barring a disastrous appointment. We’ve 8 wins and 8 draws so far. 4 more of each would keep us up IMO

Agree but we need to get the managerial situation sorted ASAP and hopefully this time it will be the right one.

Great second half performance today....gutsy the players gave their all and entertaining at times despite the conditions.
I'm sure had we lost there would be pages of post on here ....where are the naysayers tonight

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:00 - Jan 1 with 941 viewsTreforys_Jack

Tymon is quietly getting on with his job, his delivery is improving all the time, it was a peach of a ball that Lowe messed up.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:05 - Jan 1 with 923 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:33 - Jan 1 by shingle

Well you have to be happy with that as most would no doubt have grasped the offer of a 1-0 win before the game, and even more importantly 11 pts off the relegation zone.

and only 8 points from the playoffs

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:06 - Jan 1 with 922 viewsjack247

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:59 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

Agree but we need to get the managerial situation sorted ASAP and hopefully this time it will be the right one.

Great second half performance today....gutsy the players gave their all and entertaining at times despite the conditions.
I'm sure had we lost there would be pages of post on here ....where are the naysayers tonight

Yes and we could have. It was a pretty even game, but we took our best chance.

Gutsy is the right word. Everybody put in a shift today. People can question the quality, but no one can argue with the effort.

Also agree it was entertaining at times, which can’t be easy in driving rain and swirling wind.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:09 - Jan 1 with 914 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:00 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Tymon is quietly getting on with his job, his delivery is improving all the time, it was a peach of a ball that Lowe messed up.

I think we overpaid, but he's decent enough. Probably a bit too slow to get up and down the flanks as effectively as we're asking him to. Can look very, very good, but also occasionally flaky.

If he can ultimately deliver the same level of performances as Bidwell did then he'll do OK for us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:21 - Jan 1 with 866 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 18:38 - Jan 1 by jack247

We re not safe until mathematically so.
This division is nuts
Wednesday ,” certs” to go down are now out of the zone and flying with players banging them in.
Nobody is “ safe” and we need to understand that .

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:31 - Jan 1 with 839 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:21 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

This division is nuts
Wednesday ,” certs” to go down are now out of the zone and flying with players banging them in.

Have to agree. Things woukd have been a lot worse though if we’d lost today.

The fixtures in Jan and Feb may make or break us.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 834 viewsjack247

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Match day thread on 19:21 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

This division is nuts

I agree. But it would take a disastrous appointment. 15/20 points from here will be enough.

Not that escaping relegation is much to aim for, but we are where we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024