Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea fans fighting with each other 19:27 - May 1 with 6828 viewsKeithHaynes

There were a lot of very drunk fans about yesterday, in side the ground on the concourse punches thrown between the union jackers and Welsh indie supporters. And again outside the ground it’s testament surely to the levels of alcohol consumed or other things because surely this isn’t right behaviour ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 12:49 - May 3 with 1160 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:01 - May 3 by onehunglow

Maybe everyone should simply grow up and be angry where it's needed.I d be happy with the skull and cross bones flag myself

Exactly.
I assume you mean at the opposition?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 13:35 - May 3 with 1121 viewsswan65split

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:01 - May 3 by onehunglow

Maybe everyone should simply grow up and be angry where it's needed.I d be happy with the skull and cross bones flag myself

Even that is not classed as PC these days, we are in a no win situation,
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 13:57 - May 3 with 1097 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 13:35 - May 3 by swan65split

Even that is not classed as PC these days, we are in a no win situation,

Down in Plymouth next week visiting family ( plastic me ) and been told it is Pirates Weekend.
I have seen plenty of pirates attire previously so be surprised if it isn't there in abundance on the weekend.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:29 - May 3 with 1002 viewspencoedjack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 15:31 - May 2 by union_jack

Some Welsh mats on here have bags of spuds in their shoulders and come across as bitter and angry.

John Langy I agree is a different breed which the others, though there really aren’t that many of them, should take a leaf out if his book.

I can honestly say that this forum (& 1 or 2 posters in particular) has turned me more against any form of Welsh nationalism.

I cannot see any issue with any flag (as long as its not political either way) being flown at home or away games.

The lads who fly (& sit around) the union jack at the Liberty are all lifelong Swans fans who are top guys, there are some very good Welsh nats on this site as well, just 1 or 2 let them down.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:38 - May 3 with 998 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:29 - May 3 by pencoedjack

I can honestly say that this forum (& 1 or 2 posters in particular) has turned me more against any form of Welsh nationalism.

I cannot see any issue with any flag (as long as its not political either way) being flown at home or away games.

The lads who fly (& sit around) the union jack at the Liberty are all lifelong Swans fans who are top guys, there are some very good Welsh nats on this site as well, just 1 or 2 let them down.

That's probably more a reflection on you, that you'd turn away further from a notion due to some people you dislike, rather than concentrating on the pros and cons of the notion itself.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:40 - May 3 with 995 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:29 - May 3 by pencoedjack

That's probably more a reflection on you, that you'd turn away further from a notion due to some people you dislike, rather than concentrating on the pros and cons of the notion itself.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:42 - May 3 with 991 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:40 - May 3 by Chief

So pertinent, I said it twice.

No matter how much I despise Cardiff fans for example I'd never let them stop me from watching and supporting my country like others have done.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 16:48]

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:46 - May 3 with 965 views73__73

I dislike welsh nats and dislike the concept of welsh independence.
Never going to happen anyway.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 17:34 - May 3 with 927 viewsonehunglow

When you see what the likes of tramline,ebo, Killy post,it is hardly surprising.

As I say,divided are we

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:28 - May 3 with 913 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 17:34 - May 3 by onehunglow

When you see what the likes of tramline,ebo, Killy post,it is hardly surprising.

As I say,divided are we

Its because all your views are stuck in 1973.

Your views on women, on the north of Ireland, on the welsh language … you reflect a world view of a world that simply does not exist any more.
Not sure it ever did tbh.

Things do change, and you really need to listen more.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:31 - May 3 with 910 viewspencoedjack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:38 - May 3 by Chief

‘More against’

I didn’t say dislike either I think they are idiots who have no idea of the real world.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:51 - May 3 with 904 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:31 - May 3 by pencoedjack

‘More against’

I didn’t say dislike either I think they are idiots who have no idea of the real world.

Yes, so you are letting a few individuals on a football forum influence your view on a nationwide political item instead of the subject matter itself.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:58 - May 3 with 890 viewsswan65split

Could be a bigger fight tonight, Cardiff v Swansea , if my mate turns up he"ll want to watch Pool, I am watching Muff v Scruff.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:07 - May 3 with 824 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 16:46 - May 3 by 73__73

I dislike welsh nats and dislike the concept of welsh independence.
Never going to happen anyway.

Well it works both ways ,, 1000s of swans fans and Welsh people don't feel any affiliation to the Union ,,
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:59 - May 3 with 787 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:07 - May 3 by owainglyndwr

Well it works both ways ,, 1000s of swans fans and Welsh people don't feel any affiliation to the Union ,,

Totally agree with you I don't feel anyway part of the so called union.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 22:16 - May 3 with 763 viewsSTID2017

I don't either.
That said if others do it is their opinion and that is fine with me.
Certainly not worth fighting over

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 22:20 - May 3 with 756 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:59 - May 3 by blaenaugwentjack

Totally agree with you I don't feel anyway part of the so called union.

A union requires willing parties on both sides.

Wales was not a signatory of the Acts of Union that created the United Kingdom.

So it's totally understandable that you don't.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 22:41 - May 3 with 728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:21 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

Just as entitled to watch our Swans as the wannabe English, BritNat types.

Our club is for everyone - even the BritNats.

Our club is also welsh.

I didn’t say the republicans couldn’t watch us. Of course they can but respect their fellow fans’ views.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:39 - May 4 with 647 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 18:28 - May 3 by Kilkennyjack

Its because all your views are stuck in 1973.

Your views on women, on the north of Ireland, on the welsh language … you reflect a world view of a world that simply does not exist any more.
Not sure it ever did tbh.

Things do change, and you really need to listen more.

Trouble is you are still stuck in 1873.

Thankfully in a democratic society the will of the majority prevails while minorities can freely express their opinions.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:42 - May 4 with 645 viewsfelixstowe_jack

But fortunately the majority of Welsh people are proud to be part of the United Kingdom as all opion polls show.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:45 - May 4 with 645 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 19:04 - May 2 by Badlands

Corgis need to realise things change and we were Welsh speaking area long before the Normans, Jutes, Angles, Danes, Saxons, Friesians and other immigrants decided England was a thing.
If you believe the Union Jack is our flag you have to accept Wales is part of England.

The union flag is the flag of the United Kingdom. Wales is part of the United Kingdom not England.
Seems strange that some people are more than happy to see the flag of the EU fly in Wales.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:48 - May 4 with 643 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 22:20 - May 3 by Chief

A union requires willing parties on both sides.

Wales was not a signatory of the Acts of Union that created the United Kingdom.

So it's totally understandable that you don't.

Fortunately 80% of the Welsh public are happy and willing to be part of the United Kingdom.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:42 - May 4 with 615 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:45 - May 4 by felixstowe_jack

The union flag is the flag of the United Kingdom. Wales is part of the United Kingdom not England.
Seems strange that some people are more than happy to see the flag of the EU fly in Wales.

That maybe matter of fact but in this union of so called equals we aren't even represented on that flag.its bizarre why any Welsh person would like the union jack. And most don't. Most don't like that flag (it does have horrible connotations - especially at football) but would still not vote to independent. Drive around Wales, you'll see the Welsh flags heavily outweigh the union jack's flown. Mostly by English people who have moved here and the odd special case.

Well yes that's cut and dry, the EU provided massive funds to help develop Wales, while not constantly demeaning us and our culture. So yes the EU flag deserves to flown high and proud over Wales.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:48 - May 4 with 610 viewsChief

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 07:48 - May 4 by felixstowe_jack

Fortunately 80% of the Welsh public are happy and willing to be part of the United Kingdom.

Yes I don't see Wales becoming independent for a very long time. But it's extremely healthy that people are finally seriously starting to see an alternative and the discussion and raise awareness of the possibilities. Whether they are right / wrong / won't be successful it's something to be proud of that people have to confidence to explore the option.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:56 - May 4 with 606 viewsChief

But anyway it's not really about independence.

We're talking about a football match. We have our own national football team. Which is in no way related to the union jack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024