Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea fans fighting with each other 19:27 - May 1 with 6826 viewsKeithHaynes

There were a lot of very drunk fans about yesterday, in side the ground on the concourse punches thrown between the union jackers and Welsh indie supporters. And again outside the ground it’s testament surely to the levels of alcohol consumed or other things because surely this isn’t right behaviour ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 11:08 - May 2 with 1324 viewsmax936

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 10:58 - May 2 by Vincent_Vega

I was stopped as a young nipper for seeing the swans due to the rep football had at the time, was heartbreaking for a 5 year old. Was a different time back when the terraces were predominantly working class men of the 'lads, lads, lads' persuasion but football is a LOT more diverse now. What if one of these fights breaks out in front of a mother and kids and they get caught in the melee? All over a piece of patterned material. Its pathetic!

It kicked off over something or other up in the gods opposite stand to the bench and left of centre at the League Cup final, I was walking up the steps when it kicked off just ahead of me and a wrestle developed which caused a Woman to go flying over the seat below the row she was in, ridiculous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 11:30 - May 2 with 1297 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 09:36 - May 2 by onehunglow

I have said Wales is divided,in so many ways. This proves it.ALL should accept it.

Throw in the fact most fans are feeling sick right now at what they see.

I’m afraid that’s incorrect, nobody at the game on Saturday I spoke to, and there were many had the views of some on the internet.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 11:46 - May 2 with 1249 views73__73

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 12:10 - May 2 with 1243 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 11:30 - May 2 by KeithHaynes

I’m afraid that’s incorrect, nobody at the game on Saturday I spoke to, and there were many had the views of some on the internet.

This is what I have saying for a while, supporters who go to games have a different opinion to some who post on the internet. Its true some just need to accept it.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 12:55 - May 2 with 1197 views3swan

Whether it was politics that started it or not.

Over the years there has quite often been trouble at the last away game of the season, mainly due to a let's make it a good drinking session.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 12:58 - May 2 with 1191 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 10:44 - May 2 by Vincent_Vega

This type of action by BOTH sides of the 'argument' will kill the club if left to fester. Its childish, insular and goes against all what the football has been trying to build/repair in the last 30 years in terms of inclusivity.

Its sad that my flippant comment about the club banning ALL flags because people can't behave is looking more and more like a sensible course of action, which is a shame.

Stupid thing is we, like most if not all clubs, have supporters from many nations ( obviously the bigger clubs draw from even more I would say )
So if we have supporters from England, as well as other nations, as long as they are there to join in and support the Swans then why the issues ?
As someone else pointed out, flags at the end of the day are just a piece of material.
Some get too jingoistic about their nation ( Welsh included )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:14 - May 2 with 1138 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 12:58 - May 2 by STID2017

Stupid thing is we, like most if not all clubs, have supporters from many nations ( obviously the bigger clubs draw from even more I would say )
So if we have supporters from England, as well as other nations, as long as they are there to join in and support the Swans then why the issues ?
As someone else pointed out, flags at the end of the day are just a piece of material.
Some get too jingoistic about their nation ( Welsh included )

Nothing wrong with being proud and honouring your heritage and community, but let's remember it's a pure lottery where you were born.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:18 - May 2 with 1135 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:14 - May 2 by Treforys_Jack

Nothing wrong with being proud and honouring your heritage and community, but let's remember it's a pure lottery where you were born.

Of course.
Many come from mixed nationality parentage.
In my case Irish and Welsh.
I could have ended up living in Dublin and supporting St Pats

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:30 - May 2 with 1122 viewsLorax

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:50 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

You're ok with a UJ as long as it has Swansea on it ? You surprise me.

I'm sure he has moaned about the "Buthchers Apron" at he Liberty more than once. Though I won't do a "Dr" on him and go searching for it.

It's ridiculous really. Myself and John Langy are polar opposites on indy yet I would happily buy him a beer and discuss it with him.

Alcohol is usually the problem, too much of it and I have turned stroppy though I've never been punchy. Others do turn punchy.
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:42 - May 2 with 1116 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:34 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

The Indy mob should realise we are an integral and historical part of Great Britain and leave their fantasies behind at the turnstiles.

Whilst i completely disagree with your opinion regarding Welsh Independence, both sides of this arguement should leave it outside, serves no benfit whatsoever.
The "Rangers" fanatics cause just as much trouble.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:45 - May 2 with 1114 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:30 - May 2 by Lorax

I'm sure he has moaned about the "Buthchers Apron" at he Liberty more than once. Though I won't do a "Dr" on him and go searching for it.

It's ridiculous really. Myself and John Langy are polar opposites on indy yet I would happily buy him a beer and discuss it with him.

Alcohol is usually the problem, too much of it and I have turned stroppy though I've never been punchy. Others do turn punchy.

I generally just fall asleep now ...

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 15:03 - May 2 with 1095 viewsLorax

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 14:45 - May 2 by STID2017

I generally just fall asleep now ...

The football has been quite boring, yes
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 15:07 - May 2 with 1090 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 15:03 - May 2 by Lorax

The football has been quite boring, yes

Yes that doesn't help either ...

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 15:31 - May 2 with 1067 viewsunion_jack

Some Welsh mats on here have bags of spuds in their shoulders and come across as bitter and angry.

John Langy I agree is a different breed which the others, though there really aren’t that many of them, should take a leaf out if his book.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 17:32 - May 2 with 980 viewsonehunglow

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 11:30 - May 2 by KeithHaynes

What is incorrect Keith?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 17:45 - May 2 with 972 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 09:36 - May 2 by onehunglow

I have said Wales is divided,in so many ways. This proves it.ALL should accept it.

Throw in the fact most fans are feeling sick right now at what they see.

Keith was referring to this statement you posted earlier I assume ?
"Throw in the fact most fans are feeling sick right now at what they see."
Doesn't reflect the view of most fans, whether at the game or viewing it from elsewhere.
I believe that is what Keith is saying ?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 19:04 - May 2 with 931 viewsBadlands

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:34 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

The Indy mob should realise we are an integral and historical part of Great Britain and leave their fantasies behind at the turnstiles.

Corgis need to realise things change and we were Welsh speaking area long before the Normans, Jutes, Angles, Danes, Saxons, Friesians and other immigrants decided England was a thing.
If you believe the Union Jack is our flag you have to accept Wales is part of England.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 21:52 - May 2 with 844 viewsKilkennyjack

I can speak for myself.

Yes i have called it the Butchers Apron.
Never have i asked for any Swans fan to be prevented from bringing whatever flag to any game.

Be good to see the UJ disappear from the halfway line and be replaced by a nice big dragon flag, but thats nothing to do with me.
The dragon flags always outnumber the UJs at any Swans game.
Those supporters also have the right to bring their flags.

Its not that hard really is it ?
Ymlacio.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:17 - May 2 with 793 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 06:51 - May 2 by Treforys_Jack

I see no reason why both can't be used, Y Ddraig Goch us definitely unique, but the older I get I do like Baner Dewi Sant more and more.

We have both these flags ,
I'm not causing any trouble ,, I think the non unionists have got fed up..

Most don't recognise the union flag, to be honest I didn't realise until an argument on here that there is a correct way of hanging a union flag,
We never had GSTQ at school or growing up and don't know the words .

The ulster hand flag to a nationalist is like flying a IRA flag.

But this has got to stop, it will get out of hand
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:48 - May 2 with 769 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:17 - May 2 by owainglyndwr

We have both these flags ,
I'm not causing any trouble ,, I think the non unionists have got fed up..

Most don't recognise the union flag, to be honest I didn't realise until an argument on here that there is a correct way of hanging a union flag,
We never had GSTQ at school or growing up and don't know the words .

The ulster hand flag to a nationalist is like flying a IRA flag.

But this has got to stop, it will get out of hand

I attended Scouts and every week we would raise and lower the Union Jack at the beginning and end of our meeting.
Never occurred to me or others I guess to question why not the Welsh Dragon ?
Just remembered that all these years on.

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:49 - May 2 with 768 viewsRobbie

Remember my mother being very concerned when I said , as a 12 year old , can I go down the Vetch and watch the Swans playing Mansfield Town on a Tuesday night way back in the day , might be about 1972 .

Stood on the North Bank , what a vibe , loved every minute and got home safe too .

So , why are Swans fans fighting with each other ?
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 00:04 - May 3 with 756 viewsSTID2017

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 23:49 - May 2 by Robbie

Remember my mother being very concerned when I said , as a 12 year old , can I go down the Vetch and watch the Swans playing Mansfield Town on a Tuesday night way back in the day , might be about 1972 .

Stood on the North Bank , what a vibe , loved every minute and got home safe too .

So , why are Swans fans fighting with each other ?

From what I understand nothing to do with Swans at all and everything to do with allegiances to flags ?
Very strange.
Somebody posted earlier " Leave your differences at the turnstiles "
So true

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 00:22 - May 3 with 742 viewsRobbie

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 00:04 - May 3 by STID2017

From what I understand nothing to do with Swans at all and everything to do with allegiances to flags ?
Very strange.
Somebody posted earlier " Leave your differences at the turnstiles "
So true

Agree , why bring political or religious issues into Swansea City Football Club .

It should be a chance to support Swansea .
Swansea fans fighting with each other on 06:58 - May 3 with 693 views73__73

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 00:22 - May 3 by Robbie

Agree , why bring political or religious issues into Swansea City Football Club .

It should be a chance to support Swansea .

Maybe the club should start by stop being political at every match

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 08:01 - May 3 with 666 viewsonehunglow

Swansea fans fighting with each other on 06:58 - May 3 by 73__73

Maybe the club should start by stop being political at every match

Maybe everyone should simply grow up and be angry where it's needed.I d be happy with the skull and cross bones flag myself

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024