Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread 08:11 - Oct 12 with 6274 viewsModeratorC

Talk of not losing is futile, this is a must win for Wales.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61063/wales-have-to-win-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61068/page-close-to-tear
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61071/page-delivers-as-h

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:51 - Oct 15 with 1000 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:49 - Oct 15 by Fireboy2

Yeah from the manager.

Exactly, reminds me a bit like Russ last year, only start playing when they run out of options.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:53 - Oct 15 with 994 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:14 - Oct 15 by Treforys_Jack

Well done, but why so long to produce a decent performance, we have good young players that are sometimes hampered by overly negative tactics.

Nice to see you on the Footie board tramps, even if it's just to down arrow me, or are you lost ?
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:53 - Oct 15 with 998 viewsPlankton

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:47 - Oct 15 by Fireboy2

You try and tell them that you buffoon.

Shhhhh now kid
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:54 - Oct 15 with 994 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:53 - Oct 15 by Plankton

Shhhhh now kid

I take it you don't actually go to watch Wales?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 22:54]
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 23:35 - Oct 15 with 943 viewslifelong

Enjoyed the game, excellent performance.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 00:24 - Oct 16 with 898 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 20:45 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

He’s a buffoon.
Decent in the air, but that’s about it. I can see why Page picked him, purely for nuisance purposes but he’s no footballer. Obvs other views are available.

Got to disagree with you tonight. I’ve just come back from the game and watching him in person I thought he played well. He did a lot of donkey work, run in to the channels, held the ball up and brought others in to the game. Croatia often had 2 guys marking him.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 00:26 - Oct 16 with 889 viewsbuilthjack

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 13:42 - Oct 15 by RhonddaSwans

Does anyone think we could pull this off?

I always want Wales to win but I doubt we will even lay a glove on them.
After stealing a point out there I think they are going to be ruthless tonight.

I think a cricket score is incoming at least that will be the end of the Robert Page era.

I am sure you don’t mind eating humble pie

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 00:32 - Oct 16 with 888 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game. Excellent performance.
If James had buried that one when 2 up it could have been said it was easy.
I thought Rodon was outstanding, regular football for the first time in a few years is what he needed. A good team performance.
Let’s take that into the next two games and we will qualify.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 01:01 - Oct 16 with 872 viewsmajorraglan

Just back from tonight’s game. Thought we played well, best performance for a while and we were worthy winners. With a little more luck it could have been at least 1 more, maybe even 2 more goals. We showed a lot of purpose in the first half and for a big chunk of the second half, but towards the end I was sitting on the edge of my seat and thought we could blow it.

We needed to put a foot on the ball and move it around to stop Croatia getting possession, but at times we just retreated and let them come at us.

Thought most of the team played really well, but a special mention to Harry Wilson had his best game in ages and took his goals exceptionally well, I also thought young Jordan James deserves a mention, he’s not long turned 19 and looked very tidy alongside Ampadu tonight. Also Dan James, he gets a bit of stick, but he caused a fair few problems for Croatia and unnerved them with his pace.

We just need to keep that level of performance up.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 05:33 - Oct 16 with 834 viewsPlankton

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 22:54 - Oct 15 by Fireboy2

I take it you don't actually go to watch Wales?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 22:54]

I was at the game kid.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 06:30 - Oct 16 with 824 views1983

He’s a buffoon.
Decent in the air, but that’s about it. I can see why Page picked him, purely for nuisance purposes but he’s no footballer. Obvs other views are available.

Exactly this an absolutely awful player just gets in the way slow and lazy.
Wilson,Rodon,Ward all outstanding the best Wales have played for a very long time moving the ball around all the time making Croatia do all the huffing & puffing

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 08:26 - Oct 16 with 764 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 05:33 - Oct 16 by Plankton

I was at the game kid.

Yeah whatever.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 08:30 - Oct 16 with 759 viewsBryanSwan

He’s a buffoon.

Sorry but i completely disagree with this. The amount of aimless balls long that he was able to flick on, take down or layoff to Wilson and Brooks behind him was vital.
Completely occupied the two centre halves and gave the two in behind acres.
He might not be pretty but he plays to his strengths.

Im hoping Ramsey isnt fit for the next qualifiers so we can start with the same XI.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 732 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 08:30 - Oct 16 by BryanSwan

Sorry but i completely disagree with this. The amount of aimless balls long that he was able to flick on, take down or layoff to Wilson and Brooks behind him was vital.
Completely occupied the two centre halves and gave the two in behind acres.
He might not be pretty but he plays to his strengths.

Im hoping Ramsey isnt fit for the next qualifiers so we can start with the same XI.

I agree, Moore is limited but runs his blood to water every time he plays, last night was one of his best, as a few have said he was a nuisance and kept their centre halves busy which helped wilson and brooks.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:39 - Oct 16 with 715 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:16 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

I agree, Moore is limited but runs his blood to water every time he plays, last night was one of his best, as a few have said he was a nuisance and kept their centre halves busy which helped wilson and brooks.

Agreed. Surprised anyone who watches the game thinks differently tbh. What does worry me is RP saying in his post match presser that 7 out of the 11 aren't starters for their clubs. Oh and RP himself, so that's 2 worries
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:53 - Oct 16 with 713 viewsRichardO

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 01:01 - Oct 16 by majorraglan

Just back from tonight’s game. Thought we played well, best performance for a while and we were worthy winners. With a little more luck it could have been at least 1 more, maybe even 2 more goals. We showed a lot of purpose in the first half and for a big chunk of the second half, but towards the end I was sitting on the edge of my seat and thought we could blow it.

We needed to put a foot on the ball and move it around to stop Croatia getting possession, but at times we just retreated and let them come at us.

Thought most of the team played really well, but a special mention to Harry Wilson had his best game in ages and took his goals exceptionally well, I also thought young Jordan James deserves a mention, he’s not long turned 19 and looked very tidy alongside Ampadu tonight. Also Dan James, he gets a bit of stick, but he caused a fair few problems for Croatia and unnerved them with his pace.

We just need to keep that level of performance up.

Agree about Jordan James seems to fit nicely in the middle, good work rate and doing well covering anticipating danger and Ampadu seems comfortable alongside him, Neco and Roberts on the flanks allowing Wilson and Brooks to get further up the park quickly.
Old guard gone allowing new youthful players to learn and earn their international place in the starting line up.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 10:17 - Oct 16 with 686 viewsWhiterockin

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:53 - Oct 16 by RichardO

Agree about Jordan James seems to fit nicely in the middle, good work rate and doing well covering anticipating danger and Ampadu seems comfortable alongside him, Neco and Roberts on the flanks allowing Wilson and Brooks to get further up the park quickly.
Old guard gone allowing new youthful players to learn and earn their international place in the starting line up.

How much of previous play was young players feeling obliged to pass the ball to more established players when there were better options on. We played with more freedom last night hence the performance.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 10:59 - Oct 16 with 642 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 09:53 - Oct 16 by RichardO

I purposely watched Jordan and he has a great football brain, as you say he anticipates danger, he did several occasions last night and especially on one occasion in our box where the Croatian player made a run and if Jordan hadn't been aware he could have got a shot off, jordan takes a bit of pressure off Ampadu which makes ethan more relaxed.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:04 - Oct 16 with 641 viewsRichardO

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 10:17 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

How much of previous play was young players feeling obliged to pass the ball to more established players when there were better options on. We played with more freedom last night hence the performance.

That tends to happen but how much have some of the younger players learnt from them, nice mix of experience and young in the team, big ask to win both remaining games, enjoyed the win. Will Page be able to adapt tactics to gain the wins?
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:35 - Oct 16 with 629 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:04 - Oct 16 by RichardO

That tends to happen but how much have some of the younger players learnt from them, nice mix of experience and young in the team, big ask to win both remaining games, enjoyed the win. Will Page be able to adapt tactics to gain the wins?

I am alot more confident of winning in armenia than I was before last night's game.

These kids have no fear, if the tactics are right then we can beat armenia.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:35 - Oct 16 with 626 viewsTreforys_Jack

Does Ramsey coming back into the starting 11, strengthen or weaken us?
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 603 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:35 - Oct 16 by Treforys_Jack

Weaken us imo, who from last nights starting 11 would you swap him with?

Everyone of those 11 had a fantastic game.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 603 viewsWhiterockin

I'm pretty sure he will not be back for the November games and by next summer he will be fully crocked in my opinion, a season in the championship will finish him. But to answer your question. I would say weaken after last nights match, but was it a flash in the pan or the start of a 3 game winning run?
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:49 - Oct 16 with 599 viewsmajorraglan

He’s obviously a class player but getting on. Based on last nights performance, the team looked to have a better balance and shape and I’d start the next game with the last nights team if they’re all fit.
Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 12:09 - Oct 16 with 576 viewstrampie

Wales v Croatia : Match day thread on 11:48 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

I'm pretty sure he will not be back for the November games and by next summer he will be fully crocked in my opinion, a season in the championship will finish him. But to answer your question. I would say weaken after last nights match, but was it a flash in the pan or the start of a 3 game winning run?

We are already on a 3 game winning run (and unbeaten in 4 games), can we win the next 2 games, odds against I would say, but possible.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024